PDA

View Full Version : Dems scream "WE HAVEN'T BEEN BRIEFED!!!" on program shut down years ago

Little-Acorn
07-15-2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1910179,00.html

Has anyone mentioned yet, that the reason this program hasn't been briefed to Congress, is because it was shut down years ago and not pursued?

I can see them briefing Congress: "Well, sir, nothing has happened on this program, becuase it hasn't existed for years."

Next month: "Sir, still nothing has happened with this program, because it is just as shut-down now as it was last month."

Next month: ......etc.

Immediately after 9/11, every govt agency including the CIA, explored ways of fighting back against Al Qaeda. This was one of them. Most proposals were rejected and shut down (including this one), and a few were put into action.

Apparently Democrats are dredging up everything they can, that they think they can make Republicans look bad with if they just exaggerate or leave out certain details.

Haven't they got anything better to do?

9/12er
07-15-2009, 03:19 PM
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1910179,00.html

Has anyone mentioned yet, that the reason this program hasn't been briefed to Congress, is because it was shut down years ago and not pursued?

I can see them briefing Congress: "Well, sir, nothing has happened on this program, becuase it hasn't existed for years."

Next month: "Sir, still nothing has happened with this program, because it is just as shut-down now as it was last month."

Next month: ......etc.

Immediately after 9/11, every govt agency including the CIA, explored ways of fighting back against Al Qaeda. This was one of them. Most proposals were rejected and shut down (including this one), and a few were put into action.

Apparently Democrats are dredging up everything they can, that they think they can make Republicans look bad with if they just exaggerate or leave out certain details.

Haven't they got anything better to do?

Just another way to dis-credit republicans so that when 2010 does come, they can add up all their brownie points and tell the American people who they can really "trust"...

Kathianne
07-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Just another way to dis-credit republicans so that when 2010 does come, they can add up all their brownie points and tell the American people who they can really "trust"...

So the Republicans should answer them, no?

9/12er
07-15-2009, 05:53 PM
So the Republicans should answer them, no?

Yes and no - yes, because they really should be speaking up about the lies being pushed through as fact... No because this whole thing is juvenile and petty and they really shouldn't stoop to the liberal level...

I haven't quite decided which is a better solution.

Kathianne
07-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Yes and no - yes, because they really should be speaking up about the lies being pushed through as fact... No because this whole thing is juvenile and petty and they really shouldn't stoop to the liberal level...

I haven't quite decided which is a better solution.

Right, just allow them to smear, don't respond. Brilliant, but the high road. Gag me.

9/12er
07-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Right, just allow them to smear, don't respond. Brilliant, but the high road. Gag me.

LOL - We spent 8 years trying to defend things about Bush - I've seen how that helps... this is the only reason I'm so torn about it...