PDA

View Full Version : The vent

Mr. P
07-16-2009, 05:22 PM
We need this! I know I need this some days. So go ahead VENT about jobs, life, kids or spouses..you name it except for board stuff.

GO!!!!!!!

PS..this is NOT INTENDED TO BE A DEBATE THREAD.

Gaffer
07-16-2009, 07:10 PM
OK here's a vent.

I went and saw HP and the Half Blood Prince today. The scenery in the movie is fantastic and fun to watch. What's going on in the background is much more interesting than the movie itself. But the movie is another highlights from the book deal. If you haven't read the book I expect you would not really have a clue about what is going on. Not to mention they waste a lot of time and footage on scenes that were never in the book. I can almost point out where the extended scenes will be added cause the editing was atrocious. Fortunately I didn't waste a lot of money on this. Buck and a half. Over all it was disappointing and definitely worth a vent.

07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
I am sick and tired of doctors who can do absolutely nothing to treat you but then turn around charge insurances hundreds of dollars for taking their time

Im even more annoyed with public servants who waste their times. Particularly district attorneys who are dishonest so they look good and judges who think they can do whatever the hell they want simply because they are on the bench.

Im also annoyed with myself for never following through with little projects i know need to get done. I need to just just grr. going to do some laundry.

Mr. P
07-16-2009, 08:07 PM
I hung-up on a client today because he was being a total ass while I was trying to explain a problem I discovered in his case that will result in dismissal! An easy problem to fix...but Noooo this Idiot wants immediate minute details which I didn't have at the time, while on some cheap damn cell phone that was impossible to hear. He didn't care about the fix!

I'm still angry!

chloe
07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
3 people at my job have been fired in the past few weeks, everyone is on edge it seems like alot of people are falling apart over the work pressures and calling in sick all the time, and then I have to pick up the slack and now they are requiring mandatory overtime for 4 weeks. Im annoyed at how some people are perpetually calling in sick and nothing is done about it and meanwhile me and a handful of other people have to cover everyones shifts.

chloe
07-16-2009, 08:33 PM
I hung-up on a client today because he was being a total ass while I was trying to explain a problem I discovered in his case that will result in dismissal! An easy problem to fix...but Noooo this Idiot wants immediate minute details which I didn't have at the time, while on some cheap damn cell phone that was impossible to hear. He didn't care about the fix!

I'm still angry!

Im angry with you....I wish I could punch him in the nose and tell him to clean out his ear wax because you already explained the situation and its not your fault that he's a moron !!!!

gabosaurus
07-17-2009, 10:26 AM
My husband is a financial adviser. He looks after people's money and gives them investment advice and the like.
My husband does NOT work for the government, nor does have any say in policy decisions.
So why do stupid people call up and bitch at him about the economy, or their investments losing money?
Sorry, pisses me off.

Monkeybone
07-17-2009, 10:28 AM
My husband is a financial adviser. He looks after people's money and gives them investment advice and the like.
My husband does NOT work for the government, nor does have any say in policy decisions.
So why do stupid people call up and bitch at him about the economy, or their investments losing money?
Sorry, pisses me off.

Yah that sucks Gabs. People need someone to blame. Happens all the time here at the hospital I am at. Just because I picked up the phone apparently I know every little detail or everything.

Kathianne
07-17-2009, 02:28 PM
I frazzled, freaked, fried, and exhausted.

Since school got out 6/10 have been cleaning, schlepping stuff to storage, cleaning, throwing things out, cleaning, taking a 3 day class and writing paper, cleaning, shampooing rugs, cleaning, washing windows & walls, cleaning...

Today the realtor came for second walk through, putting on market next Friday. Need to buy interior doors in white and hang. He thinks it will sell within 3-5 weeks. Say a prayer! I'm about to fall over!

gabosaurus
07-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Kathianne that sounds more than a bit exhausting.
I told my husband to take care in choosing a home. Because I do not intend to move again while I am alive and breathing.

Kathianne
07-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Kathianne that sounds more than a bit exhausting.
I told my husband to take care in choosing a home. Because I do not intend to move again while I am alive and breathing.

Thanks Gabby. Indeed, especially at my age. My sons couldn't understand how I could go like gangbusters for a day or two, then need a day to recoup. Truth is, this place 'got away from me.'

I moved in 14 years ago with my youngest in 5th grade. I was still going to court at least twice a month, because of the children and their dad. I was working 70-90 hours a week to pay the mortgage and tuition for two in parochial schools. I was still selling insurance for State Farm then.

Two years later, got 'this job', that I still have. Sort of cleaned up with that, working just one part time job then.

Then came my parents moving in. Along with a 24 hour nurse. 7 people in town home. Hospital bed in living room. At that time I doubled up the boys and I went to basement, my dad to 3rd bedroom.

A year later, daughter left for college, moved dad into her room, I moved upstairs to master bedroom, oldest son moved to basement. My mom still was in living room. Caretaker stayed with her on sofabed. Wheelchair, and commode in living/dining room. Curtains hung between to give privacy.

A few years later, mom had to go to nursing home, daughter and son in college. Down to 3 at home, but my dad was becoming ill. We had many good times, my mom and us before she became 'too sick', my dad after, but they were both ill for much of this time. Paramedics had our home down pat, could get here in under 3 minutes-good location. :) or perhaps :( ?

The day after my dad's funeral we found out my nephew had a brain tumor, while there have been many ups and downs, he's alive so we're happy. At the same time, not much was getting done around here, until I plum ran out of money to keep it going. I thank God that I got my kids raised and through school, now what happens for them is up to them. Please let me sell the house and make enough to have 'something' in the bank or under my mattress.

I was 'always' obsessive about cleaning, until it became impossible with hours of work and too many people. When my parents passed, well seemed too much to dig out from. Somehow I've now done so. I asked the realtor today if he smelled cigarettes? He said, "I just smell bleach and other cleaners." I've caught up. ;)

chloe
07-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow Kathianne you have had alot of responsibility !!!!!! It is understandable why you feel exhausted, my house is messy because I don't feel like cleaning ha ha. I feel sure that your house will sell and that you have earned the best times in life still to come. Now your kids are grown and you are free to do whatever you want. This is a time for you to really feel freedom & and individuality. I can't wait to see where life takes you, where you move to what your new place will be like, new job, new husband/boyfriend whatever......wink wink:cool:

Kathianne
07-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Wow Kathianne you have had alot of responsibility !!!!!! It is understandable why you feel exhausted, my house is messy because I don't feel like cleaning ha ha. I feel sure that your house will sell and that you have earned the best times in life still to come. Now your kids are grown and you are free to do whatever you want. This is a time for you to really feel freedom & and individuality. I can't wait to see where life takes you, where you move to what your new place will be like, new job, new husband/boyfriend whatever......wink wink:cool:

Thanks Chloe. I'm sort of bemoaning my losing it for so many years, yet standing in awe of how I was able to pull it together again. Will I be able to sell before bankruptcy? Please, Lord. So far haven't missed payments, but I'm going to have to tell creditors no more, until after 8/31, next time I get paid. If I can find a job in the next 2 weeks, that would be great, but not likely. So, I'll spend my time updating my resume and applying for the year after this.

gabosaurus
07-17-2009, 05:06 PM
My parents still live in a house intended for a family of four. I am convinced that the reason that they won't move to a smaller and more manageable place is that no one wants to deal with 30-plus years of my pack rat dad's accumulated belongings. :p

Between college, getting married and moving a couple of times, my husband and I have weeded our possessions to the bare minimum. My daughter has more than both of us put together and she has only been here a year. But I suppose that is the way it is supposed to be.

Mr. P
07-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Two very busy days so far this week..

I told someone to pay their bills today (long story she deserved it)..she said I should be more professional. I guess she wanted stroked for being a total IDIOT and opposing a court order!...Chit happens. :eek:

Jeff
07-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I hate when I pull up to fuel and some idiot is parked at the fuel island and inside eating , showering , what ever, So today I was in Clearbrook VA And a bus load of Obama supporters where in the way , I waited 10 mins while one checked the oil and added some, waited another 10 and finally walked up there, the 2 guys standing outside were very nice and explained the driver was inside, after waiting another 10 or so mins I started carrying on on the CB, low and behold another guy from the South told me to shut my window and watch, He was hauling bee hives, had a flat bed full, when he parked next to them they started getting out of the net type tarp that bus moved quick as hell, I haven't Laughed that hard in a long time

emmett
07-30-2009, 12:20 AM
U sed to hate that when those guys would park at the fuel island and go in to shower. Very inconsiderate. I realize it was to hide their shortcomings of not being aboe to park.

Jeff
07-30-2009, 05:45 AM
U sed to hate that when those guys would park at the fuel island and go in to shower. Very inconsiderate. I realize it was to hide their shortcomings of not being aboe to park.

Your exactly right, if ya can't back up hell just use the fuel island :eek:

Makes ya wonder what the hell we have going up and down the road

Mr. P
07-30-2009, 10:09 PM
It takes about 2 yrs here to get a social security disability hearing (back log of 9700 cases)and that's after being turned down twice which can take a yr.

So, for the last two days I've been calling two main offices to check the status of cases and just get a ring,ring,ring,ring, ring.......no answer...man this Government health care stuff is gonna be a blast!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. P
08-06-2009, 04:38 PM
So! If yer up on current events and gather news from multipal sources instead of just one, YOU"RE OBSESSED.

Well, that what my own brother says I am regarding politics.

He doesn't get it. Did you know some banks NEVER tried to give back the bail-out $$$..Nope never happened according to my Bro.

Sometimes family are a pain in the ass!

BTW in real life I seldom talk politics unless someone else brings it up.

Jeff
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
I hate the North east, lol driving in NY is a nightmare, took me 3 1/2 hours to go 66 miles, the LIE had 2 wrecks on it then road construction, ooo yea and signs all over saying road construction at night be prepared for delays, lol and I was crossing at 10 am, then ya finally make it to NJ and no one speaks English, when ya finally find someone that does they are nasty as hell, what a beautiful place, LOL

emmett
08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
you didn't have to travel all that way jeff, i'm in atlanta and it's the same wat here. Add to that, the fact that I am the repoman and you really get some "nasty as hell" treatment and I'm not talking about the folks you are repoing a car from.

Jeff
08-06-2009, 07:55 PM
you didn't have to travel all that way jeff, i'm in atlanta and it's the same wat here. Add to that, the fact that I am the repoman and you really get some "nasty as hell" treatment and I'm not talking about the folks you are repoing a car from.

I hear ya, lol, Hell of a accident down on 285 yesterday a few bikes got hit by a big truck, man ya have to love the cities

Mr. P
08-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I hear ya, lol, Hell of a accident down on 285 yesterday a few bikes got hit by a big truck, man ya have to love the cities

I can't get far enough away from Atlanta..BTW I renamed all the drivers in the area yer in now (NYC/NJ) "Ass-hole" many yrs ago, do they still go by that?

Jeff
08-06-2009, 08:39 PM
I can't get far enough away from Atlanta..BTW I renamed all the drivers in the area yer in now (NYC/NJ) "Ass-hole" many yrs ago, do they still go by that?

LMAO, absolutely LOL

Had a straight truck on the BQE just come out on me, if I had been loaded I would of hit him, so I waited till traffic got going again and pushed back a bit, lol, another driver yelled hey ya almost hit him, LOL, I just played Dixie on the cb and kept a riding

actsnoblemartin
08-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I HATE you

American healthcare system

you DARE turn down a no income, permanently disabled women, and tell her she needs to be on social security, which she has been twice denied too, for NO good reason

Fuck You, Fuck You, Fuck You and burn in hell american medical system.

you dont give a dam about anything but profit, and dont give a dam about people

conclusion: I dont know if socialized medicine is the answer, but an answer we NEED, NOW!!!

Mr. P
08-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I HATE you

American healthcare system

you DARE turn down a no income, permanently disabled women, and tell her she needs to be on social security, which she has been twice denied too, for NO good reason

Fuck You, Fuck You, Fuck You and burn in hell american medical system.

you dont give a dam about anything but profit, and dont give a dam about people

conclusion: I dont know if socialized medicine is the answer, but an answer we NEED, NOW!!!

Be sure yer friend files for a hearing within 60 days of her second denial, Martin. Otherwise she starts from scratch.

actsnoblemartin
08-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Thank You. I will convey that message to her

:beer:

Be sure yer friend files for a hearing within 60 days of her second denial, Martin. Otherwise she starts from scratch.

Mr. P
09-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Today at work I get a call and the guy (in English) asks: Do you speak Spanish? WTF?

Trinity
09-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Today at work I get a call and the guy (in English) asks: Do you speak Spanish? WTF?

I have had that happen, many many times. I usually put them on hold forever! :coffee:

Said1
09-11-2009, 08:03 PM

I was in a cab once and over heard the dispatcher ask for a cabbie who spoke french to pick someone up somewhere. After someone replied with an affirmative, my cab driver started laughing his ass off. When I asked what was so funny, he said that the cabbie who's taking the call speaks french, but is Somalian. :laugh2:

Nukeman
09-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Ok here's my Vent from Thursday.

the wife and I just landed in Chicago at the GREAT time of 4:10pm. Went through customs to clear our luggage and by the time we made it to our parked car it was 5:15pm. Actually got through pretty quick. Now the vent starts.....

Hit chi town rush hour traffic at just the right time. I can not tell you how much it pisses me off to see morons speeding down the shoulder or forcing their way in after seeing the "lane ends in 2 miles" sign. This causes a ripple effect that slows/stops everything for miles.

It took us 2 hours to go 27 miles through the windy city. We had already been traveling for 10 hours and were tired and this just makes me sick to put up with idiot drivers.......

chloe
12-04-2009, 09:06 PM
I hate driving with slowpokes in front of me, or people texting and swerving, I want to ram my car into them and smash them off the road.