PDA

View Full Version : 40 yrs ago today

Mr. P
07-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Apollo 11.

The Apollo 11 mission was the first manned mission to land on the Moon. It was the fifth human spaceflight of Project Apollo and the third human voyage to the Moon. Launched on July 16, 1969, it carried Mission Commander Neil Alden Armstrong, Command Module Pilot Michael Collins, and Lunar Module Pilot Edwin Eugene 'Buzz' Aldrin, Jr. On July 20, Armstrong and Aldrin became the first humans to walk on the Moon, while Collins orbited above.

How many of you sat in front of the TV for days watching this like I did? :thumb:

Gaffer
07-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Apollo 11.

The Apollo 11 mission was the first manned mission to land on the Moon. It was the fifth human spaceflight of Project Apollo and the third human voyage to the Moon. Launched on July 16, 1969, it carried Mission Commander Neil Alden Armstrong, Command Module Pilot Michael Collins, and Lunar Module Pilot Edwin Eugene 'Buzz' Aldrin, Jr. On July 20, Armstrong and Aldrin became the first humans to walk on the Moon, while Collins orbited above.

How many of you sat in front of the TV for days watching this like I did? :thumb:

ME

Mr. P
07-16-2009, 10:28 PM
ME

I was armed with a Kodak Instamatic and a reel to reel tape recorder. The tapes are pretty much trash but I still have the photos (somewhere).

namvet
07-19-2009, 08:54 PM
I was in Nam. still had a year and 4 mons to do.