PDA

View Full Version : Age For Energy Drinks

Sparrow Hawk
07-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Energy drinks are very addictive and they destroy our children and teens.Most teens started consuming them in huge amounts.The result is devastating,too many violent behaviors among high schoolers due to stimulating ingredients that are in these drinks.It is time to set the legal age for energy drinks.

-Cp
07-16-2009, 11:44 PM
It doesn't give me the option of "NEVER"... can't vote..

Sparrow Hawk
07-16-2009, 11:49 PM
It doesn't give me the option of "NEVER"... can't vote..
Your choice.Others will.

07-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Your choice.Others will.

I really doubt they will. You seriously think limited government/pro freedom Conservative/Libertarians are going to vote on giving government control over when kids can have energy drinks? (Which btw you really need to define energy drinks since just about every single liquid you can drink safely provides your body with some energy).

Anyway, as I was saying. We have the philosophy of letting parents teach and instruct their children rather than having the government indoctrinate them. We believe in personal accountability. It's a Gospel principle.

Sparrow Hawk
07-17-2009, 12:15 AM
I really doubt they will. You seriously think limited government/pro freedom Conservative/Libertarians are going to vote on giving government control over when kids can have energy drinks? (Which btw you really need to define energy drinks since just about every single liquid you can drink safely provides your body with some energy).

Anyway, as I was saying. We have the philosophy of letting parents teach and instruct their children rather than having the government indoctrinate them. We believe in personal accountability. It's a Gospel principle.
For example in Russia most people push the compaign for controlling age limits on energy drinks.People believe that kids and teens are too premature for them and these drinks ruin youth culture.Russian Orhtodox Church is a part of this compaign.

hjmick
07-17-2009, 12:26 AM
OH FUCK ME! Now energy drinks are responsible for youth violence? What the hell happened to video games for Christ's sake? I suppose the studies that support the link to energy drinks and violent behavior among youths are just as valid as the ones linking video games and violent behavior among youths. Any links to those studies? The ones about energy drinks?

Tell ya what, quit trying to legislate my life and the way I raise my kids. What age is appropriate? How about whatever age I decide is appropriate for my children? For crying out loud, step up and take responsibility yourself, be a parent.

Sparrow Hawk
07-17-2009, 12:36 AM
OH FUCK ME! Now energy drinks are responsible for youth violence? What the hell happened to video games for Christ's sake? I suppose the studies that support the link to energy drinks and violent behavior among youths are just as valid as the ones linking video games and violent behavior among youths. Any links to those studies? The ones about energy drinks?

Tell ya what, quit trying to legislate my life and the way I raise my kids. What age is appropriate? How about whatever age I decide is appropriate for my children? For crying out loud, step up and take responsibility yourself, be a parent.
Regarding violent video games,we got our warrior Jack Thompson.Campaingns against energy drinks for youth is gaining grounds.

07-17-2009, 01:16 AM
For example in Russia most people push the compaign for controlling age limits on energy drinks.People believe that kids and teens are too premature for them and these drinks ruin youth culture.Russian Orhtodox Church is a part of this compaign.

So because one nation does something stupid to curtail freedom everyone should?

Maybe Russia should start with their alcohol problem before they worry about energy drinks.

07-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Regarding violent video games,we got our warrior Jack Thompson.Campaingns against energy drinks for youth is gaining grounds.

Who the heck is Jack Thompson and why should I care?

Sparrow Hawk
07-17-2009, 01:29 AM
So because one nation does something stupid to curtail freedom everyone should?

Maybe Russia should start with their alcohol problem before they worry about energy drinks.
They started since Gorbachev's Perestroika anti-alcohol compaign.After the fall of USSR,in 1995 anti-alcohol law enforcements regained grounds.

Sparrow Hawk
07-17-2009, 01:33 AM

I said right.

hjmick
07-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Who the heck is Jack Thompson and why should I care?

He's a lawyer and you should care because he uses bogus studies and statistics in an effort to ban certain video games. His first segment starts at about 6:34 in the video, but the whole episode (which I have thoughtfully posted for your viewing pleasure) is worth the time it takes to watch:

YS2HeQYOQsw

19cQX4gLmG8

7o2ygCRpxKw

chloe
07-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Energy drinks are very addictive and they destroy our children and teens.Most teens started consuming them in huge amounts.The result is devastating,too many violent behaviors among high schoolers due to stimulating ingredients that are in these drinks.It is time to set the legal age for energy drinks.

big mean violent alcoholic fathers have resulted in very disturbed angry violent teenagers can you put some regulation on those stinken drunk bastards ??? :laugh2:

Sparrow Hawk
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
He's a lawyer and you should care because he uses bogus studies and statistics in an effort to ban certain video games. His first segment starts at about 6:34 in the video, but the whole episode (which I have thoughtfully posted for your viewing pleasure) is worth the time it takes to watch:

YS2HeQYOQsw

19cQX4gLmG8

7o2ygCRpxKw

The 2nd Amendment is a sacret value of America and I stand to defend it.Guns save lives.Video games kill kids.

Monkeybone
07-17-2009, 10:36 AM
:lol: :lame2:

why don't we impose a bed time too while we are at it? We can have mandatory sleep duration so taht we aren't cranky either. Oh and while we are at it, lets get rid of smoking, alcohol, anything without a certain limit of caffiene and of course a limit on how mayn of those you can drink in a day. Oh and don't forget a timer on the TVs! too much of that is bad for your health as well...all that sitting around. unless you wanna hook it up to some exercise equipment! that way they can be ready for their mandatory six month health and fitness eval. gotta keep those hearts and lungs Healthy! oh and we can have a cop on ever corner so people don't jay walk either! and they can respond to every call much quicker as well.

I agree with HJ. let people raise their own kids. getting rid of personal responsibility is the worst thing that has happened to us.

Monkeybone
07-17-2009, 10:40 AM
:link: some kind of proof here? so if these kids didn't have any type of 'stimulating' ingredients in them......then they wouldn't fight? Oh of course! why didn't we think of that before? Heaven forbid it is how they are raised and taught to deal with their frustrations and anger. Silly me. :thumb:

hjmick
07-17-2009, 10:55 AM
The 2nd Amendment is a sacret value of America and I stand to defend it.Guns save lives.Video games kill kids.

The 2nd is a right, I believe it to be an important right, but nowhere close to sacred, at least no more so than any of our other rights. With that said, let me add that I believe that if you continue to legislate parenting, the rights we have now will slowly but surely be eroded. How long would it be before the government tells us that there is a causal link between guns in a household violent behavior in youths? Then good ole Jack can start campaigning to force the government to outlaw gun ownership for people with children under certain a age. It is shortsightedness and narrow minds that will be our downfall. They both continually add bricks to a wall that no one sees until it is too late.

chloe
07-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Sparrow, how can you be a Ron Paul supporter and want more regulations like a commie ? That does not follow along with Ron Pauls political stances.

Gaffer
07-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Sparrow, how can you be a Ron Paul supporter and want more regulations like a commie ? That does not follow along with Ron Pauls political stances.

He's a liberal posing as a conservative.

Sparrow Hawk
07-17-2009, 01:47 PM
The 2nd is a right, I believe it to be an important right, but nowhere close to sacred, at least no more so than any of our other rights. With that said, let me add that I believe that if you continue to legislate parenting, the rights we have now will slowly but surely be eroded. How long would it be before the government tells us that there is a causal link between guns in a household violent behavior in youths? Then good ole Jack can start campaigning to force the government to outlaw gun ownership for people with children under certain a age. It is shortsightedness and narrow minds that will be our downfall. They both continually add bricks to a wall that no one sees until it is too late.
Guns are parts of American Patriotism and I in favor that kids must have rights to handle the firearms at any age,of course when accompanied by a parent or a guardian.

Sparrow Hawk
07-17-2009, 01:52 PM

That is a strange thing.Most American fundamental Christians support this guy.Here I also sometimes can't understand their views.Most of them are against drug legalization in general,alcohol and gambling regualtion,etc.But their hero R.Paul is against regulating causes.Strange?

chloe
07-17-2009, 03:35 PM
That is a strange thing.Most American fundamental Christians support this guy.Here I also sometimes can't understand their views.Most of them are against drug legalization in general,alcohol and gambling regualtion,etc.But their hero R.Paul is against regulating causes.Strange?

Sparrow, your profile said you support ron paul. If that were true then you would know ron paul supports legalized pot.

point in case:Ron Paul Takes Down A Baldwin On Legalizing Drugs on Larry King

ufekh_SwZd0

Sparrow Hawk
07-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Sparrow, your profile said you support ron paul. If that were true then you would know ron paul supports legalized pot.

point in case:Ron Paul Takes Down A Baldwin On Legalizing Drugs on Larry King

ufekh_SwZd0
I agree with RP that regulations got to be at states levels not the fed.Prohibiting drugs by state law is a better approach.

07-17-2009, 06:03 PM
:lol: :lame2:

why don't we impose a bed time too while we are at it? We can have mandatory sleep duration so taht we aren't cranky either. Oh and while we are at it, lets get rid of smoking, alcohol, anything without a certain limit of caffiene and of course a limit on how mayn of those you can drink in a day. Oh and don't forget a timer on the TVs! too much of that is bad for your health as well...all that sitting around. unless you wanna hook it up to some exercise equipment! that way they can be ready for their mandatory six month health and fitness eval. gotta keep those hearts and lungs Healthy! oh and we can have a cop on ever corner so people don't jay walk either! and they can respond to every call much quicker as well.

I agree with HJ. let people raise their own kids. getting rid of personal responsibility is the worst thing that has happened to us.

Who's going to enforce the sleep code if everyones supposed to be asleep?:)

emmett
07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Parents should be the "regulators" of all things that concern children. PERIOD!

Sparrow Hawk
07-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Parents should be the "regulators" of all things that concern children. PERIOD!
Right idea,but alcohol.You can't allow 15 years old teen to drink alcoholic drinks including beer,even at home.

emmett
07-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Right idea,but alcohol.You can't allow 15 years old teen to drink alcoholic drinks including beer,even at home.

I would hope no parent would but i still think parents should be the final word on all things involving children....not government. I believe this to be true in all things.

Sparrow Hawk
07-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I would hope no parent would but i still think parents should be the final word on all things involving children....not government. I believe this to be true in all things.
That's true.Only government did these things in countries like USSR and Nazi Germany.Totalitarian states.

crin63
07-21-2009, 12:32 AM

Where are you from? It seems like English is your 2nd language.

Sparrow Hawk
07-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Where are you from? It seems like English is your 2nd language.

Ukraine.

chloe
07-21-2009, 09:48 AM

So if a child is being sexually or physically abused by a Parent, you think the parent should still have the final word?

emmett
07-30-2009, 02:44 PM
So if a child is being sexually or physically abused by a Parent, you think the parent should still have the final word?

Ah.....Chloe, I think a parent that is sexually abusing their child should be in prison. My statement was to be taken under the context that a "normal" relationship between child and parent was existant. I would not think that the rest of the relationships would be allowed to influenced. Nor was I assuming that someone would think I meant otherwise. I don;t personally think a parent that would do those types of things has any rights. Now.....is there a better influence to decide what children should do? I'm all ears.

Trigg
07-30-2009, 04:32 PM
how about parents stop being winnies and actually parent?????

Kids do not need energy drinks. They might need healthier foods and more sleep, but certainly NOT energy drinks.

I don't buy them and my kids don't drink them.

5stringJeff
07-30-2009, 05:08 PM
There should be absolutely no laws regulating how old you should be to purchase or consume energy drinks, most of which are loaded with eiether sugar or caffiene. It's a parent's job to regulate that for their children.

And, to comment on the other topics brought up in the thread, the drinking age should be 18 again, the federal war on drugs should be ended, and drug possession and use should be decriminalized.

Noir
08-01-2009, 08:01 AM
I don;t think there should be a legal age, though i was once stopped from buying one when i was 10 or so as the store had a policy of not selling them to anyone under 12.

However, while i don't think the law should step in, parents must take an active roll in what their kids are eating and drinking. As for myself i am no longer able to drink such drinks under docs orders, least my chest explode or something =/

Sparrow Hawk
08-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I don;t think there should be a legal age, though i was once stopped from buying one when i was 10 or so as the store had a policy of not selling them to anyone under 12.

However, while i don't think the law should step in, parents must take an active roll in what their kids are eating and drinking. As for myself i am no longer able to drink such drinks under docs orders, least my chest explode or something =/
I believe that energy drinks are bad for kids and teens.In Russia along with new anti-alcohol campaign launched by President Medvedev,the citizens also support age restriction on energy drinks.Kids are kids.America must follow other countrys example.Energy drinks are equal as well as alcohol and tobacco.

Nukeman
08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I believe that energy drinks are bad for kids and teens.In Russia along with new anti-alcohol campaign launched by President Medvedev,the citizens also support age restriction on energy drinks.Kids are kids.America must follow other countrys example.Energy drinks are equal as well as alcohol and tobacco.Please explain to me why AMERICA must follow other countries example. Last I checked MOST countries were at some time attmepting to emulate the US.

Sparrow Hawk
08-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Please explain to me why AMERICA must follow other countries example. Last I checked MOST countries were at some time attmepting to emulate the US.
Not EU perhaps.

Trigg
08-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I believe that energy drinks are bad for kids and teens.In Russia along with new anti-alcohol campaign launched by President Medvedev,the citizens also support age restriction on energy drinks.Kids are kids.America must follow other countrys example.Energy drinks are equal as well as alcohol and tobacco.

Well since russians were drinking themselves into extinction it's a good thing the governement stepped in.

As much as I don't like energy drinks being drunk by children I don't think we need anymore government involvement in our lives. They usually screw up anything they touch.

emmett
08-12-2009, 11:55 PM
There are a lot of things we should and should not do. My problem is where does government stop in their enforcement of our personal lives.

Let's outlaw smoking at any age, acidic drinks, sugar, tarted candy, fizzy food, coca-cola, eggs cooked over-easy, etc,,etc,... Government can do this you know. They can do anything because we let them. The above things are bad for your health and should be outlawed...right?

Oh wait a minute....they will be soon. Health Care Reform. I forgot!

Sparrow Hawk
08-13-2009, 12:20 AM
There are a lot of things we should and should not do. My problem is where does government stop in their enforcement of our personal lives.

Let's outlaw smoking at any age, acidic drinks, sugar, tarted candy, fizzy food, coca-cola, eggs cooked over-easy, etc,,etc,... Government can do this you know. They can do anything because we let them. The above things are bad for your health and should be outlawed...right?

Oh wait a minute....they will be soon. Health Care Reform. I forgot!
Many countries are not the same.Russia wants to get energy drinks from kids access,also Russia was ABC state.No matter how alcohol was cotrolled there,drinkings were sky high.

Gaffer
08-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Many countries are not the same.Russia wants to get energy drinks from kids access,also Russia was ABC state.No matter how alcohol was cotrolled there,drinkings were sky high.

Russia has a history of heavy drinking by the population. It was a matter of pride for most Russians. If he wants to reduce the drinking he can do like the libs here and put outrageous taxes on the liquor. Of course the only ones that hurts are the poor and it will increase the black market sales.

If he outright bans liquor sales the Russian mafia is going to move into that area big time. The US tried prohibition, it didn't work.

Sparrow Hawk
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Russia has a history of heavy drinking by the population. It was a matter of pride for most Russians. If he wants to reduce the drinking he can do like the libs here and put outrageous taxes on the liquor. Of course the only ones that hurts are the poor and it will increase the black market sales.

If he outright bans liquor sales the Russian mafia is going to move into that area big time. The US tried prohibition, it didn't work.
The Prohibition is a way to fuel crime and corruption,I agree.In Russia when any dry laws get enacted,the people do Moonshine and sell it on black markets.Today there is a binge drinking problem in The US among the college students and brats who do house parties behind the closed doors.In ukraine(I am originally from Ukraine)there is a huge epidemic among young adults ages 18-20 despite in Ukraine legal drinking age is 21 as well as in The US.They get booze by the older buddies and parents and consume it in the hidden run down building yard,staircases,and other run down places.

Gaffer
08-13-2009, 10:45 AM
The Prohibition is a way to fuel crime and corruption,I agree.In Russia when any dry laws get enacted,the people do Moonshine and sell it on black markets.Today there is a binge drinking problem in The US among the college students and brats who do house parties behind the closed doors.In ukraine(I am originally from Ukraine)there is a huge epidemic among young adults ages 18-20 despite in Ukraine legal drinking age is 21 as well as in The US.They get booze by the older buddies and parents and consume it in the hidden run down building yard,staircases,and other run down places.

So what is he planning to do to stop the binge drinking and underage drinking? We don't get that kind of news over here except as filler when they don't have enough footage of the dark lord to cover their time slots. So your tidbits of information are always interesting.