-Cp
07-17-2009, 01:25 AM
http://elovethiscity.com/detroit/wp-content/images/happenings/f18_hornet.jpg

hjmick
07-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Not.

Sitarro
07-17-2009, 02:42 AM
There may be some Photoshop work done, I haven't seen a shot yet, especially a digital, that I wouldn't do some work in photoshop on but not to put the F-18 in the shot. I would bet a long lens was used to compress the space between the aircraft and apartment building, he is surely too close but not as close as the image makes it appear.
I know Naval aviators have a reputation for being showoffs and flying closer than they need to, to impress, but this guy would have to be a real dick to risk the lives in that building, the lives on the ground, a 55 million dollar plane and his own life. The old saying goes that the Thunderbirds fly close enough to impress the audience and the Blue Angels fly close enough to make other pilots in the audience, nervous. I have seen them both numerous times and the Blue Angels do fly closer than it seems that they should......... just my opinion.

Of course being that it is an F-18, it could be a Marine pilot.

-Cp
07-17-2009, 03:18 AM
It's real:

http://www.elovethiscity.com/detroit/happenings/too-close-for-comfort/

"According to the military, the jet was actually about 200 to 300 feet away from the shoreline. Authorities said no one on the ground or in a building was ever at any risk."

hjmick
07-17-2009, 09:55 AM
There may be some Photoshop work done, I haven't seen a shot yet, especially a digital, that I wouldn't do some work in photoshop on but not to put the F-18 in the shot. I would bet a long lens was used to compress the space between the aircraft and apartment building, he is surely too close but not as close as the image makes it appear.
I know Naval aviators have a reputation for being showoffs and flying closer than they need to, to impress, but this guy would have to be a real dick to risk the lives in that building, the lives on the ground, a 55 million dollar plane and his own life. The old saying goes that the Thunderbirds fly close enough to impress the audience and the Blue Angels fly close enough to make other pilots in the audience, nervous. I have seen them both numerous times and the Blue Angels do fly closer than it seems that they should......... just my opinion.

Of course being that it is an F-18, it could be a Marine pilot.

Isn't that what I said? :coffee: