PDA

View Full Version : *Temptation~Downfall of the Lost*

chesswarsnow
07-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Temptation comes in many forms, some by darkness others by supposed light.
2. Satan the king of darkness lures many to their deaths by promising them cool and calm deep refreshing waters, while all the while, tempting you to dive in.
3. He says: "Just dive in, and enjoy."
4. Whatever it maybe, its always easier to do the wrong thing, than do whats right.
5. Those whom listen, will learn that they made a huge mistake, the waters were not cool, nor deep, or calm, and not refreshing, they always end up sooner or later to be shallow, and hard as stone.
6. From where the term comes, *Rock Bottom*.
7. Take heed to work for the things that are good, they don't come easy, its always more work to do whats right.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
07-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sometimes people go astray, get lost on the way to being found.
2. But some one comes along and throws them a rope, and they catch hold, and make their way back into the light, truth and love of Jesus Christ.
3. There are many ways to lose the seed that Jesus planted.
4. Mostly those whom lose it, lost it unawares.
5. For they were tricked, decieved, fell through pride, lacked confindense to bear up to the challenge of the devil, and gave into temptations and thier own and others weaknesses.
6. Its easy to find fault in yourself, and others, but those who are taught, are not to presume they are the teachers, the only Great Teacher died for all, learn to walk behind him, and follow his teachings, best you can.
7. If he can forgive me a sinner, and all my mulitude of sins in my life time, then ofcourse we all should be able to forgive each other our sins, when Jesus instructs us too, our account has been canceled, by Jesus' Grace of Forgiveness.
8. Seeing our account is canceled, we have no right or duty to hold others into account, for their sins, seeing we are not God.
9. Otherwise, we will think we are equal to God, and usurping his own will on whom shall recieve forgiveness and whom may not.
10. Unless you learn these things, all those pearls you refuse to lay before the swines feet, are you sure that those feet would be mine and ours?
11. Who's feet be hooved and on whom, behoves one to wonder doesn't it?:poke:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

5stringJeff
07-25-2009, 09:23 PM
I think temptation comes from one of three places: within ourselves, from other people, or from the devil and his demons. I think we are tempted mostly from within, and least of all by demonic influence.

chesswarsnow
07-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I would argue that All temptation comes from the devil.
2. The original tempter.
3. Sure others spread it, but we decide.
4. Its important to know that there is a dark power trying to get to you.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

5stringJeff
07-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I would argue that All temptation comes from the devil.
2. The original tempter.
3. Sure others spread it, but we decide.
4. Its important to know that there is a dark power trying to get to you.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

James 1:14 says otherwise: "But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust."

chesswarsnow
07-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you do know when Peter tried to sway Jesus from going to Jerusalem, for it was already known he would be linched.
2. Jesus rebuked Peter, the Rock, saying something like, "Get thee hence Satan!"
3. Have you ever wondered about that?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

darin
07-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you do know when Peter tried to sway Jesus from going to Jerusalem, for it was already known he would be linched.
2. Jesus rebuked Peter, the Rock, saying something like, "Get thee hence Satan!"
3. Have you ever wondered about that?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

what does that have to do with what Jeff quoted? Too many people get their warm fuzzies by blaming outside influences for their inward sin.

chesswarsnow
07-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Has a lot to do with it.
2. You can not see it?
3. Its a matter of what forces you allow to have effectual dominace in your life.
4. Jesus rebuked Peter to not allow satan to influence Peters reality, and or his.
5. Makes sense to me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

darin
07-27-2009, 09:27 PM
...uh - not related at all.

Jeff's scripture teaches us we're tempted by our flesh - our human nature. And as jeff articulated, OTHER influences MAY be at play on occasion, but generally, we have desire to sin because it's in our nature.

chesswarsnow
07-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But my intent is to prove satan is behind every sin known to mankind.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. If Jesus' rebuke to Peter was so sharp, there must be a good reason for it.
2. Peter the one whom Christ would build his church.
3. He had to set straight about his mission, to die on the cross, and how satan was trying to use Peter in order to persuade Jesus not to go to Jerusalem, and finally to the cross itself.
4. There is a story within a story here, most people miss it, welcome to most peoples reality.
5. I see it, and have seen it for some time, its plain as the nose on your face.
6. If the world only knew just how real satan was, and his all consuming desire to ruin mankind, they would be more likely to be in church somewhere, trying to find the faith, and trust in Christ, in order to deflect the slings and arrows of the devil.
7. Unless you ever been tempted, directly of satan, you knowledge of satan is minimal.
8. In order to find out just how powerful satan is, you have to be tested, by God, where God lets lose the devil, the devil can do nothing otherwise.
9. And God only really tests those for whom he feels, or knows can with stand the devils slings and arrows.
10. I do not wish this on a common everyday Christian, for the shear weight is uncommonly heavy to bear against.
11. Most peoples knowledge of sin, is sins of the flesh, which are rooted in desires of the heart, and our weakness' or lack, of faith.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

crin63
07-28-2009, 12:50 AM
I have to agree with Jeff and DMP on their assessments.

We are born with a sinful and depraved nature, as such we really don't need a whole lot of influence to do wrong (sin), just give us the opportunity and we will blow it. That said, those who are saved through faith in Christ, are saved from the power of sin and should be able through the indwelling Spirit of God to resist sin. However our still sinful nature will still win out on occasion because we are still weak in and of ourselves.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

As you pointed out, it was Jesus being tempted, not Peter. In this case yes it was Satan tempting Jesus, but when Peter denied Jesus 3 times, that was all on Peter and his weak sinful nature.

darin
07-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But my intent is to prove satan is behind every sin known to mankind.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Except the Bible tells us otherwise. Thanks!

chesswarsnow
07-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. So what happens after, sin, death and satan are all throw into hell.?
2. And those who make it past the second death on earth when Jesus sets up his eternal kingdom here.
3. Does the people of earth at that time still sin?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Sorry bout that,

I have to agree with Jeff and DMP on their assessments.

As you pointed out, it was Jesus being tempted, not Peter. In this case yes it was Satan tempting Jesus, but when Peter denied Jesus 3 times, that was all on Peter and his weak sinful nature.

1. Oh really?
2. Even after Jesus warned him beforehand, that Peter himself would denie him the three times?
3. How would of it been possible for him not to know what he was doing was wrong?
4. And still he was unable to stop himself???
5. After the first time, he didn't say, "Hold on, I can't really be doing this am I?"
6. Why wasn't he able to just clamp down his mouth and saying nothing the next time?
7. And then the next???
8. Shows you, just how powerful satan is.
9. And even thou Peter failed miserablly, all wasn't lost, Jesus still built his Church on Peters profession of faith.
10. If you can see how this is possible, you will have your eyes opened to just how evil influences guide your life, and want Jesus guiding light even more, thirsting for it.
11. I submit to you and all who read this, that Jesus is able to provide a way, even though you sin, and fail miserablly, through sin, in weakness' of temptations being gone astray, Jesus can still save you from evil, and sinfulness, for he did so with Peter, whom he forgave, and restored even after he denied him point blank at the time of Jesus' great need.
12. And not only did Jesus forgive Peter, but he built his Church on Peter, The Rock.
13. Jesus called him The Rock, for a reason, ever wonder why?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

-Cp
07-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Fewer things tick me off about "Christians" who go around with the "devil made me do it" attitude...

chesswarsnow
07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Sorry bout that,

Fewer things tick me off about "Christians" who go around with the "devil made me do it" attitude...

1. But whys that?
2. If it is true.
3. What is Jesus was standing next to you telling you were going to sin later on tonight?
4. And as it were you did, and couldn't stop yourself.
5. Would you then be ticked off at yourself?
6. Like Peter was.
7. Peter betrayed The Lord, and was forgiven it.
8. Further more he was forwarned in advance, of what he would do, but it wasn't him, it was the devil using him, not unlike what we see in the news everyday, when some one does something hidious to another person, you can be assured the devil was behind it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

5stringJeff
07-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. If Jesus' rebuke to Peter was so sharp, there must be a good reason for it.
2. Peter the one whom Christ would build his church.
3. He had to set straight about his mission, to die on the cross, and how satan was trying to use Peter in order to persuade Jesus not to go to Jerusalem, and finally to the cross itself.
4. There is a story within a story here, most people miss it, welcome to most peoples reality.
5. I see it, and have seen it for some time, its plain as the nose on your face.
6. If the world only knew just how real satan was, and his all consuming desire to ruin mankind, they would be more likely to be in church somewhere, trying to find the faith, and trust in Christ, in order to deflect the slings and arrows of the devil.
7. Unless you ever been tempted, directly of satan, you knowledge of satan is minimal.
8. In order to find out just how powerful satan is, you have to be tested, by God, where God lets lose the devil, the devil can do nothing otherwise.
9. And God only really tests those for whom he feels, or knows can with stand the devils slings and arrows.
10. I do not wish this on a common everyday Christian, for the shear weight is uncommonly heavy to bear against.
11. Most peoples knowledge of sin, is sins of the flesh, which are rooted in desires of the heart, and our weakness' or lack, of faith.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Was Peter being tempted by Satan? Almost definitely. But, look at who Peter was: he was the pre-eminent apostle, the one human most responsible for establishing the Church after Jesus' ascension to heaven. So of course Satan would attempt to go after him. But you make my point for me in line 11: the weakness of our flesh is what causes us to sin. As Jesus said, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Can Satan tempt someone? Certainly. But does he tempt everyone? I don't think so. Satan is a finite being, who cannot be in more than one place at one time. Therefore, if I'm being tempted in GA, and crin is being tempted in CA, and you're being tempted in TX, Satan could not be behind all three.

Sorry bout that,

1. So what happens after, sin, death and satan are all throw into hell.?
2. And those who make it past the second death on earth when Jesus sets up his eternal kingdom here.
3. Does the people of earth at that time still sin?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

After sin, death, and the devil are thrown into hell, all of heaven and earth are destroyed, and God makes a new heaven and earth. At that point, humans will be freed from the desire of sin, and would not sin even if they were tempted.

chesswarsnow
07-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Sorry bout that,

Was Peter being tempted by Satan? Almost definitely. But, look at who Peter was: he was the pre-eminent apostle, the one human most responsible for establishing the Church after Jesus' ascension to heaven. So of course Satan would attempt to go after him. But you make my point for me in line 11: the weakness of our flesh is what causes us to sin. As Jesus said, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Can Satan tempt someone? Certainly. But does he tempt everyone? I don't think so. Satan is a finite being, who cannot be in more than one place at one time. Therefore, if I'm being tempted in GA, and crin is being tempted in CA, and you're being tempted in TX, Satan could not be behind all three.

1. More than just being tempted, Peter was used by satan, in order to get to Jesus, which Jesus promptly rebuked satan talking at Peter for this, seeing the temptation for what it was, and signifing whom was working within Peter.

2. So it wasn't just some ordinary temptation, it went much deeper, revealing just how powerful satan is, showing he could even control the words of Peter, not just once but at his will.

3. Which Jesus knew that after the first time, it wouldn't be the last time, it would come again later with the three denials from Peter.

4. Seeing Jesus was unable to prevent Peter from failing, his main concern towards Peter was to reach out to him way before he failed, to confirm Peter's confirmation, and mission to build the church as we know it.

5. For sins will come, as it was apparent with Peter, but even so, satan has power on earth, as it is now, but Jesus is able to circumvent his temptaions, whatever they may be, even if directed to tempt Jesus himself; unless you realized the magnitude and depth of satans power, you will always be on an un-even footing with him, he will have the upper hand, and be able to control your world, if his focus were to be directed at you, but for most of you he wouldn't even bother.

6.Sins of the flesh are also a part of satans workings, in order to get rid of those workings on earth, satan has to be gotten rid of, which will come about one day.

7. I tend to believe satan has a global effect, and even though he may not be able to directly tempt everyone all at the same time, his temptations are so rooted into this world, you can't go far without finding its tenants, its all but nearly impossible now.

After sin, death, and the devil are thrown into hell, all of heaven and earth are destroyed, and God makes a new heaven and earth. At that point, humans will be freed from the desire of sin, and would not sin even if they were tempted.

8. Great topic for another thread, I tend to believe that this world will always remain.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

5stringJeff
07-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

8. Great topic for another thread, I tend to believe that this world will always remain.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Your point #4 is wrong. Jesus was NOT unable to keep Peter from falling. In fact, God is able to keep all of us from sinning. However, in this life, He has seen it fit to give us free will to choose whether to sin or to obey.

chesswarsnow
07-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

Your point #4 is wrong. Jesus was NOT unable to keep Peter from falling. In fact, God is able to keep all of us from sinning. However, in this life, He has seen it fit to give us free will to choose whether to sin or to obey.

1. I would argue he didn't stop Peter from failing for good reason.
2. Kinda like Lazarus and his death, he could of prevented.
3. But he didn't move towards Lazarus until he knew he was dead and buried.
4. But there was a better way not to go and help Lazarus, and reveal some truth, he being the truth, life, and the ressurection, so he waited on death, that time.
5. Same goes for Peter and his denial of Jesus three times, there was more to reveal if he allowed satan hold of Peters tounge than keep satans hold off Peter's tougne.
6. Peters learned a great lesson, and so do many, who actually understand what took place.
7. For which I am describing unto you now.
8. Allowing satan to take control of Peter, in Jesus' time of need, was biblical, was already written about in the old testament, which in fact needs be taken place, for if Peter had stood with Jesus, prophecy wouldn't of been fullfilled.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
07-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. And there is more.
2. The story and lesson goes deeper.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

-Cp
07-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. CWN - your thoughts on this are all wrong.
2. Satan is NOT an omnipresent being (as Jeff pointed out).
3. If we use the example in the book of Job, he's usually petitioning the throne of God.
4. Our temptations rise out of our sinful nature.

chesswarsnow
07-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. CWN - your thoughts on this are all wrong.
2. Satan is NOT an omnipresent being (as Jeff pointed out).
3. If we use the example in the book of Job, he's usually petitioning the throne of God.
4. Our temptations rise out of our sinful nature.

1. Oh really?
2. Prove it then.
3. Your thoughts are all wrong I could say.
4. But why would I, maybe some of your thoughts are right.
5. If you have something to add, that has meaning I am all ears.
6. Explain why I am wrong, might be a first step, to understanding you better.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

-Cp
07-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh really?
2. Prove it then.
3. Your thoughts are all wrong I could say.
4. But why would I, maybe some of your thoughts are right.
5. If you have something to add, that has meaning I am all ears.
6. Explain why I am wrong, might be a first step, to understanding you better.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The "-Cp" Has spoken - so shall it be! :P

chesswarsnow
07-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I propose you can do no good, without a nudge from Jesus.
2. And I propose you will do something evil from a nudge from satan.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
07-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Sorry bout that,

l1. From what spirit do you have your trust, Jesus' or the devils?
2. Thats what it will boil down to for everyone.
3. If you go towards doing sin, you go for temptation, and those things of the world.
4. Evil spirits are all across the planet, enabling mankind to fail through temptations, the devils infrastructure.
5. The devil has a support structure, of the likes most people haven't any knowlefge thereof.
6. Jesus himself spoke of this at times, when he rebuked those who unknowingly tried to tempt him, and said, something to the fact, "Do you know what spirit yea are of?"
7. Your going to have to learn to see and hear when your being guided by the one, Jesus Christ, or the other, satan.
8. Temptations are everywhere, and its roots are deep, and in many ways, and varying angles, satan is working in the world, to deceive the world, and his success depends on how ignorant you are of him.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
07-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Sorry bout that,

The "-Cp" Has spoken - so shall it be! :P

1, I see.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
07-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. And there is more.
2. The story and lesson goes deeper.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Yes, for the sheperd needs be smited and the sheep scattered, fullfilling prophecy.
2. Jesus had to do this all alone, as it is to man to die, alone.
3. Though you may be with loved ones, when you die, you die alone.
4. Why was it Jesus had to die alone?
5. Abandoned.
6. Left to face brutal death by himself.
7. To find no support in what he was about to go through.
8. Strangers mocking him as his hands were being nailed to the cross.
9. They saying, "Save yourself"
10. And, "He saved others, why can not he save himself?"
11. No one at the time, even knew why he was willing to go to the cross, for what good would come of him dieing, is all they could comprehend.
12. Here was a man who healed the sick, taught them of rightiousness like no other, did things no others could ever do.
13. And yet, he was about to be killed on a cross.
14. Major contridiction, and yet his dieing for sinners busted wide open the gates of hell, and all its captives.
15. Not only doing that, but also prevents so many millions from going there in the first place.
16. Before Jesus went to the cross, there was no payment for sin, that took, but after he died on the cross for mankind, being the lone sacrifice, he made payment for all throughout time, even those who were already in hell, that had died years, even decades before Jesus went to the cross.
17. What if one of his desciples would of been on the other two crosses?
18. He was numbered with the transgressors, the two theives, his desciples were not theives, would of broken prophecy again.
19. All these details written of before, facts of salvation, and what it did, and does for mankind, even today.
20. For the two theives being imperfect, did nothing for mankind, they died for their sins, but one of them repented his crimes, before he died, as so he did, so can we, if we repent, and take his sacrifice for our own.
21. He being the first to recieve forgiveness of Jesus going to the cross, and taking on this mans sins.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

darin
07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
so - the bottom line is- typcially our temptations come from our sinful nature.

:)

chesswarsnow
07-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Sorry bout that,

so - the bottom line is- typcially our temptations come from our sinful nature.

:)

1. Depends I would think.
2. If you've bought into sin, I would think you own it.
3. But if you haven't I would suppose you don't.
4. Devils behind it, and he is going to take most of the heat for it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

5stringJeff
07-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I propose you can do no good, without a nudge from Jesus.
2. And I propose you will do something evil from a nudge from satan.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

See, that's the thing. Jesus and Satan are not equals, like yin and yang. Jesus is God, and Lord over all. Satan is a finite, created, fallen being, with limited power.

chesswarsnow
07-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry bout that,

See, that's the thing. Jesus and Satan are not equals, like yin and yang. Jesus is God, and Lord over all. Satan is a finite, created, fallen being, with limited power.

1. The thing huh?
2. Well I never said the were equals.
3. Thats what you read?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

darin
07-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Depends I would think.
2. If you've bought into sin, I would think you own it.
3. But if you haven't I would suppose you don't.
4. Devils behind it, and he is going to take most of the heat for it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The only thing the devil is behind was our initial sin - and even then Eve craved the things the devil spoke of in the garden. He talked to her - the desire for what he promised would happen CAUSED the sin; ergo was the temptation.

chesswarsnow
07-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Sorry bout that,

The only thing the devil is behind was our initial sin - and even then Eve craved the things the devil spoke of in the garden. He talked to her - the desire for what he promised would happen CAUSED the sin; ergo was the temptation.

1. So to you, and those around the satan you know of is moot?
2. Did something at the begining, and *He's Done!*
3. Now he relaxes on some beach eating shell fish, drinking brew?
4. While the world sins from the original sin.
5. Retired devil, just lazing around?
6. I don't buy into that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
07-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Man has free will, he can take the road left, right, or go straight ahead the choice is his. It matters not who paved each road at the intersection. What's more important however, is who created the intersection and for what purpose.

That's all

chesswarsnow
07-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Sorry bout that,

Man has free will, he can take the road left, right, or go straight ahead the choice is his. It matters not who paved each road at the intersection. What's more important however, is who created the intersection and for what purpose.

That's all

1. Which road is the correct road is the answer we all should look for.
2. What if you went down one road, and then wanted to reverse course?
3. Too late then?
4. Life choices are not all that easy as picking which road to go down, if you asked me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas