PDA

View Full Version : LA police: Mother kills 4-year-old son then self

chloe
07-19-2009, 07:31 AM
LA police: Mother kills 4-year-old son then self
July 18th, 2009 @ 8:28pm

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A 43-year-old mother stabbed her 4-year-old son to death Saturday with a kitchen knife before fatally slitting her own wrists, police said.

The boy and his mother were discovered in the morning at a home in the Garvanza neighborhood northeast of downtown Los Angeles, police spokeswoman Sara Faden said.

Police said the boy had been stabbed multiple times with a kitchen knife and the mother's wrists sustained cuts that were apparently self-inflicted in a grisly scene that left officers disturbed.

"It's so brutal we brought in our police psychologist to debrief all the police officers that saw it," police Capt. Bill Murphy told KCBS-TV.

Both the mother and son were pronounced dead at the scene, and their bodies were removed by coroner's officials Saturday afternoon. Their names were not immediately released.

"It's sad because sometimes we hear that little kid crying," neighbor Henry Lemus, 26, told the Los Angeles Times. "I wish I could have done something about it. I would have gone in and taken that kid away. But it's too late now."

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=157&sid=7215886

Why don't neighbors or people ever step in to help? I remember growing up my dad was violent too and nobdy ever stepped in. Does society think its non of there business if they hear a kid crying or they clearly can hear a kid getting a beating? Why do people ignore things like that?

Binky
07-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Three words.........she was insane. Gotta be an easier way to kill your kid than to slash him up and then do yourself in. One has to absolutely crazy to do such a horrid thing.