PDA

View Full Version : A 5-year-old boy shot in the chest has died.

Trinity
07-20-2009, 09:07 AM
This was so avoidable.......I feel bad for these parent's who have to live with the guilt of not preventing this. By simply buying safety locks and having it put where the child could not get to it.

HAMILTON, Ohio -- A 5-year-old boy shot in the chest has died.

The victim was identified Sunday as Zachariah Nesbit.

Officers said the child was shot inside an apartment along Gordon Smith Boulevard at about 8:40 p.m. Saturday.

Neighbors said the boy shot himself. In a 911 call, a man told dispatchers "He got my damn gun out of the closet."

A neighbor told News 5 that a woman performed CPR on Zachariah before rescue crews arrived.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/20107566/detail.html

Monkeybone
07-20-2009, 11:30 AM
educating the kid and not leaving a loaded gun in the closet would've helped more than locks.

emmett
07-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Most unfortunate "accident".

gabosaurus
07-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Guns don't kill kids. Kids with guns kill kids. Parents who leave guns unsecured kill kids.

namvet
07-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Guns don't kill kids. Kids with guns kill kids. Parents who leave guns unsecured kill kids.

which is it ??? confused ???

Nukeman
07-20-2009, 04:43 PM

you are partialy right gabs. The Gun did NOT kill the child the irresposible parent that keeps loaded gun within reach of a child is the one responsible. Contray to what you think "kids with guns" do NOT kill kids, uneducated kids in the ways of firearms safety kill kids. Just like reckless drivers, drinkers, drug takers...etc..etc...

ALL of my children know how to operate a gun SAFELY, they are also taught that if a gun is ever found they are to FIND an adult and the adult will retrieve it NOT them..

It is all about teaching your children APPROPRIATELY, if you cant do that than DON'T BLAIM the tool that was used in their death.

Do you blaim the car manufatures everytime an underage person kills someone with a car????