PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Match-ups: Obama, Romney Tied at 45%; Obama 48%, Palin 42%

-Cp
07-21-2009, 10:58 AM
If the 2012 presidential election were held today, President Obama and possible Republican nominee Mitt Romney would be all tied up at 45% each, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.
The president, seeking a second four-year term, beats another potential GOP rival, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, by six points – 48% to 42%.
In both match-ups, seven percent (7%) like some other candidate, with three percent (3%) undecided.

Palin is second only to Romney as the presidential candidate Republican voters say right now that they’ll vote for in 2012 state GOP primaries. But she’s also one of two candidates they least hope wins the party’s nomination.
(Want a free daily e-mail update? Sign up now. If it's in the news, it's in our polls.) Rasmussen Reports updates also available on Twitter.

Just 21% of voters nationwide say Palin should run as an independent if she loses the Republican presidential nomination in 2012. Sixty-three percent (63%) say the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee should not run as an independent. Sixteen percent (16%) are not sure.

If Romney secured the GOP nomination and Palin chose to run as an independent candidate, Obama would win the resulting three-way race with 44% of the vote. Romney is the choice of 33% of the voters under that scenario, with Palin a distant third with 16% support. Three percent (3%) like some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.

Last November, Obama defeated Republican presidential nominee John McCain by a 53% to 46% margin.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2012/2012_match_ups_obama_romney_tied_at_45_obama_48_pa lin_42

Gaffer
07-21-2009, 11:33 AM
It just proves there are still too many stupid Americans out there. A choice between a despot and a rino and they tie.

Little-Acorn
07-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Wow, the election this November is almost upon us already! I hadn't realized how close it was, that it's time to start polling people on who they will vote for.

Excuse me, what?

Not until 2012??

Isn't that, like, THREE YEARS away?

Why is this poll being taken now?

Gaffer
07-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Wow, the election this November is almost upon us already! I hadn't realized how close it was, that it's time to start polling people on who they will vote for.

Excuse me, what?

Not until 2012??

Isn't that, like, THREE YEARS away?

Why is this poll being taken now?

Because the dark lord only knows how to run for office, he doesn't know a thing about governing or leading. Time to start on the campaign trail.