PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why you don't leave an empty space on road signs

-Cp
07-21-2009, 01:50 PM
LMAO!!

OTTAWA - Constance Bay, it turns out, has not designated its downtown a red-light district, despite what its signs may have indicated.

A racy new roadside sign was not the product of an adults-only tourist campaign, but rather a convincing graffiti job.

The City of Ottawa sign, which was erected about a month ago, directed travellers to Constance Bay's "business district" with symbols indicating various amenities.

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465/1d/www.ottawacitizen.com/news/saucy+illicit+sign+points+constance+charms/1776726/1778063.bin

One square was left blank. Bad move.

Sometime last weekend, a vandal filled the blank spot in with a pair of stick figures who appear to be particularly engaged.

Don't let the saucy pair fool you, though, West-Carleton March Councillor Eli El-Chantiry said. It's business as usual in Constance Bay.

From chuckling photographers snapping pictures to e-mails inquiring about Constance Bay's new swingers' club, El-Chantiry seemed on Thursday to be tiring of all the attention the sign was getting.

He tried himself to remove the corruption, but no luck.

"When I saw it, I took a towel and some water and I could not reach it." El-Chantiry said, noting the sign stood more than eight-feet above the ground. "Then I saw someone taking pictures."

It doesn't help the councillor that the illustration looks professional enough to have been part of the original design.

"There was one spot missing; it was perfect," said Ian Glen, president of the Constance and Buckham's Bay Community Association, adding he may consider a picture of the sign for the 2010 Best of the Bays calendar.

"Everybody just thinks it's pretty funny. I don't think anybody's going to take terrible offence to it."

As of Thursday night, the defiled sign had been taken down, the city said.

Rest of the article:
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Saucy+illicit+sign+points+Constance+charms/1776726/story.html

KitchenKitten99
07-21-2009, 06:44 PM
finally people just laughing and not trying to make a stink about being offended...

hjmick
07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
They're not people, they're Canadians. Sheesh! :coffee:

KitchenKitten99
07-21-2009, 06:51 PM
They're not people, they're Canadians. Sheesh! :coffee:

d'oh... i fergawt, eh? :tinfoil: