PDA

View Full Version : America's Best Company Jumps $5.85 Today

Sitarro
07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
After 3rd quarter reports an increase of 15% profit, Apple jumped it's already high stock price by another $5.85 today. Apple is kicking ass across the world.

From wire reports
"Apple Inc., the closest thing the tech industry has to a luxury brand, said Tuesday its profit jumped 15 percent in the most recent quarter despite the recession. Sales of Mac computers grew while the rest of the personal-computer industry shrank.

The company, which recently welcomed CEO and co-founder Steve Jobs back from a six-month medical leave, said earnings in the quarter that ended June 27 rose to $1.23 billion, or $1.35 per share. Apple's profit was $1.07 billion, or $1.19 per share, in the same period last year.

Apple said it sold more than 5.2 million iPhones in the quarter, more than seven times what it sold in the 2008 quarter and 4 percent more Mac computers than a year ago. But iPod sales fell 7 percent."

At least one American company is doing well, hope that dipshit Osama doesn't notice, he'll figure out a way to destroy them.

CSM
07-22-2009, 12:26 PM
After 3rd quarter reports an increase of 15% profit, Apple jumped it's already high stock price by another $5.85 today. Apple is kicking ass across the world.

From wire reports
"Apple Inc., the closest thing the tech industry has to a luxury brand, said Tuesday its profit jumped 15 percent in the most recent quarter despite the recession. Sales of Mac computers grew while the rest of the personal-computer industry shrank.

The company, which recently welcomed CEO and co-founder Steve Jobs back from a six-month medical leave, said earnings in the quarter that ended June 27 rose to $1.23 billion, or $1.35 per share. Apple's profit was $1.07 billion, or $1.19 per share, in the same period last year.

Apple said it sold more than 5.2 million iPhones in the quarter, more than seven times what it sold in the 2008 quarter and 4 percent more Mac computers than a year ago. But iPod sales fell 7 percent."

At least one American company is doing well, hope that dipshit Osama doesn't notice, he'll figure out a way to destroy them.

Is Apple a union shop?

Sitarro
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Judging by the high the quality of their products, I doubt it. I'm sure their products are assembled overseas, Americans don't want to pay the higher cost of American, especially American union worker built products. Our country isn't what it used to be, there isn't the pride in the work done, the quality, the need to be the best, that existed in my father's generation.

I work part time for a major airline. I work as outage relief sometimes and was in the bag room 2 days last week. One pier I was on, I was lucky enough to be partnered with a black guy that slept the entire shift, I did his job and mine. The next day, I was partnered with one of those "hardworking hispanics" , he fooled around with his cell phone the entire shift, texting and talking, I did his job and mine. These 2 guys would be the first in line to bitch about how little they make and how they need a union. This stuff happens everyday, I am a part of a very small minority of white people at that job, I see stuff most don't see(I am amazed that every bag doesn't get lost), I see the real American work ethic, it's horrible.

emmett
07-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I play the stock market game. Fantasy stocks. With 10,000 play money starting last November 1, I have doubled my money to 20,380 as of today.

How did i do it? Google and Amazon. I bought the stock and held it no matter what it id and now I have made over 10G in 9 months. Yippe!

emmett
07-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Look at Amazon since last November

Sitarro
07-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Apple is up another $3.83 today!

emmett
07-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Apple is up another $3.83 today!

I saw that. Google is up 13.55 today as of 2:35 EST. My Fantasy portfolio is back up 500 for the day. Wish it was real.

Value as of 2:00pm........9890.00. Almost back to the double money level.

Anyone who would like to play the Fantasy Stock game can go to :

howthemarketworks.com

It is completely free to play and is a lot of fun. You start with 10G play money and everything you do is just like as if it was real. Check it out.

emmett
07-30-2009, 02:01 PM
In addition for beginners. If you want to make some quick money to add to your portfolio buy Standard Register (SR). It's a penny stock, currently at 3.50 as of 2:58 pm EST. One hour to go so act fast. Encouraging activity today is causing a flux of buying late in the day. I predict SR to realize a doller gain in the next week or so.

Luna Tick
01-14-2010, 12:30 AM
I wish Apple computers were less expensive. I like their machines, but it's tough to afford one.

Kathianne
01-14-2010, 06:44 AM
I wish Apple computers were less expensive. I like their machines, but it's tough to afford one.

Can't disagree with the initial outlay, however I bought a G5 about 5 or 6 years ago, not one problem. With that said, cheaper than if I'd bought 2 PC's and no hassles of going to a store. My MacBook is 4 years old, not one problem so far, though I may need to buy a new cord, which is really not a problem of the cord, but the electrical outlets at school.

Luna Tick
01-14-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm looking into finding a way to make a Mac affordable to me. I do graphic design work, and a Mac is great for that. A friend of mine has one and a huge monitor, something like 26-30 inches, and does great things with Lightroom and Photoshop.

For now I'm getting by with PC even though I don't like Bill Gates. I would never have sex with Bill Gates even if I use some of his software.

chloe
01-14-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm looking into finding a way to make a Mac affordable to me. I do graphic design work, and a Mac is great for that. A friend of mine has one and a huge monitor, something like 26-30 inches, and does great things with Lightroom and Photoshop.

For now I'm getting by with PC even though I don't like Bill Gates. I would never have sex with Bill Gates even if I use some of his software.

would you consider having sex with Joe Firmage? He is pretty intelligent and also he frequently sports a beard which i find sexy .

HogTrash
01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
At least one American company is doing well, hope that dipshit Osama doesn't notice, he'll figure out a way to destroy them.That would be by nationalizing the company in question...It's 100% effective! :salute: