PDA

View Full Version : The Resurrection of Jesus

crin63
07-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I cant remember if we have discussed this topic. I looked and didn't see it. Maybe it was in another topic and I just missed it but its important enough to talk about again.

What are your beliefs on the resurrection of Jesus Christ?

I believe that Jesus gave up the ghost on the cross, was buried and rose again 3 days later bodily.

Obey Obey Obey
07-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I cant remember if we have discussed this topic. I looked and didn't see it. Maybe it was in another topic and I just missed it but its important enough to talk about again.

What are your beliefs on the resurrection of Jesus Christ?

I believe that Jesus gave up the ghost on the cross, was buried and rose again 3 days later bodily.

I think all main line Christianity believes this. Gave up the ghost can be found in Mark 15:37. We all know about Thomas not believing until Jesus showed up and touched his wounds(John 20:27) It would be good info on which new age religion believes in spiritual only resurrection if anybody has it.

5stringJeff
07-26-2009, 06:53 AM
It's clear, both from Scripture and from historical evidence, that Jesus lived, died, was buried, and subsequently rose again, physically, from the dead.

PostmodernProphet
07-26-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't see anything to argue with....

crin63
07-26-2009, 10:15 AM
For the intellectually honest there is quite allot of historical evidence.

chesswarsnow
07-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Sorry bout that,

Jesus is Faith Itself heres why:

1. Proves you can't keep a good man down, down in the grave, and from the cross.
2. If he were kept down, then all hope for man would of been dashed.
3. But in his dying, he draws all whom would cling to him for salvation.
4. For if we are unable through faith to see him, and believe, faith isn't revealed in us.
5. So its important to know why Jesus died, and what came of it.
6. Like the faith of those in the old testament, they had belief in God, over sight itself, anyways seeing isn't always believing, they indeed trusted in God, having faith.
7. Trust is a rare comidity in humans, and man can be easily decieved, as to where man becomes weary of trust itself.
8. For where there is no trust, there is no faith, these two are like two hands with fingers laced together.
9. Both are gifted from God, and both are some what lacking without the other.
10. For having just blind faith requires no trust, but with trust your faith is multplied ten fold, because you understand that faith saddled up on trust is totally unmoveable, and its founding foundation is Christ.
11. As Jesus Christ rode a donkey into Jerusalem the day before he was taken to the cross, he is that faith taught of throughout the Bible, he embodied faith in all its true glory, knowing full well, his place was to die for faith, for ( and for mankind) faith itself, and the humble donkey being his transportation embodies total trust, these two married together are indeed what the complete meaning of the message of scripture truly is.
12. So have faith in what Christ has done, but also add trust, for if you indeed trust in Christ, as you cling to faith, trust be magnified all truth will be made open.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
07-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But it is Sunday, and I woke up a bit preachy.
2. Forgive me this if you misunderstood.
3. My soap box just came out of the shop yesterday.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas