PDA

View Full Version : Post Imus, Does Psychoblues stop the "N" word, "Q" word?

Psychoblues
04-11-2007, 07:27 PM
And other words that I often use to provoke conversation and objective dialogue? Given the recent events concerning Don Imus, and I am certainly no defender or any close friend of Don Imus, do I need to tone down my language to remain at least as credible as so many of you that have at least communicated to me privately and otherwise that you believe that I speak the truth?

It is no secret that I offend certain people. A lot of people offend me. Do we need to talk more about all this or do we need to just shut the fuck up about it?

Hugh Lincoln
04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I see no reason to be niggardly with language use, although offense for offense's sake is poor form.

krisy
04-11-2007, 08:12 PM
And other words that I often use to provoke conversation and objective dialogue? Given the recent events concerning Don Imus, and I am certainly no defender or any close friend of Don Imus, do I need to tone down my language to remain at least as credible as so many of you that have at least communicated to me privately and otherwise that you believe that I speak the truth?

It is no secret that I offend certain people. A lot of people offend me. Do we need to talk more about all this or do we need to just shut the fuck up about it?

You do have your right to free speech,psycho. I thought you just used the "N" word to kind of show others how bad it can make a person look who uses it. In a sarcastic way. I personally don't use the word myself.

Gunny
04-11-2007, 08:14 PM

And tarnish your stellar reputation? Heavens NO.:laugh2:

grunt
04-11-2007, 08:20 PM
nigger, kike, spic, gook, chink, cracker, wop, camel jockey, ...

ahhhhhhhhhh...I feel so much better! :dance:

Gunny
04-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Did you get out a Cpl or Sgt? LOL

Yurt
04-11-2007, 08:43 PM

Very good point. As some know here, I grew up in San Diego in a non white majority area/school situation. In the 10th grade my dad had enough and put me in private school. Believe it or not, this skater dude (actually a friend) called me a kike. Never heard the word. I said what is that? He said a jew slang. I said, hmmm, I am at a christian academy. My last name he said, and laughed, and they all laughed. I did not.

But, I did not call a news conference. I called my dad, and said, hey, what is this word. He said, ah faageetabout it (he is from NY). When he worked at VW, he was the running joke at first. Funny, cause they stopped laughing the higher he rose. I took his advice. I took in stride, and simply worked harder, did better, and when they cracked, shrugged. Within a month, it was no longer funny. So I never heard it again.

It is just a word. Words do not define me.

IMHO

Psychoblues
04-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Bingo!!!! You got it completely, krisy, and I thank you for that.

You do have your right to free speech,psycho. I thought you just used the "N" word to kind of show others how bad it can make a person look who uses it. In a sarcastic way. I personally don't use the word myself.

I certainly mean no insult or otherwise harm to individuals that I sometimes slur with my nouns and I certainly desire that the readers have at least the inclination to understand the remarks I make are generally in jest and as you speak a mirror upon themselves and as the sarcasm I intend. But, just sometimes, a genuine believer shows up and we have a wonderful conversation in which I always win.

KUDOS to you, krisy, for your intellect and complete understanding of this plea.

krisy
04-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Bingo!!!! You got it completely, krisy, and I thank you for that.

I certainly mean no insult or otherwise harm to individuals that I sometimes slur with my nouns and I certainly desire that the readers have at least the inclination to understand the remarks I make are generally in jest and as you speak a mirror upon themselves and as the sarcasm I intend. But, just sometimes, a genuine believer shows up and we have a wonderful conversation in which I always win.

KUDOS to you, krisy, for your intellect and complete understanding of this plea.

:thanks: :dance:

Psychoblues
04-13-2007, 03:44 AM
Careful, krisy.

:thanks: :dance:

I don't want any words, mine or yours, to cause you any grief!!!!!!!