PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore cops V.S. skateboarder

Trinity
07-24-2009, 09:42 AM
If this had been my kid, I know a certain police Dept. and officer who would be getting a call from my attorney.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GgWrV8TcUc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GgWrV8TcUc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

emmett
07-24-2009, 10:12 AM
If this had been my kid, I know a certain police Dept. and officer who would be getting a call from my attorney.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GgWrV8TcUc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GgWrV8TcUc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well, now we have another child who will grow uo to hate police and understand that they are not in this world to protect and serve but to instill fear and intimidate.

The officer threatened the life of the child, that was clear. He should be placed in a prison cell for 5 years as a result of this incident. That is what I would do if i were the judge. That child did nothing to provoke this incident what so ever. Kids say "dude". The officer could have obviously have handles this incident with a completely different approach. Not only did he handle it wrong but he allowed it to become a "crime" which he perpretrated. A crime of "Terror" against a poor defenseless kid. What a coward.

However ...the cop is a lucky guy though because he does not live in Jefferson, Georgia where had he been witnessed doing this to a child by me he would have been disarmed and issued a lesson he would never forget. I would have made him apologize to the youngster and he would have had no choice what so ever. A complete coward, the kind who runs in battle. I can read this about this guy without guessing. He would fold under pressure like hot butter. His fellow officers are in grave danger if they are ever forced to endure a dangerous incident with this guy.

Trinity
07-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Well, now we have another child who will grow uo to hate police and understand that they are not in this world to protect and serve but to instill fear and intimidate.

The officer threatened the life of the child, that was clear. He should be placed in a prison cell for 5 years as a result of this incident. That is what I would do if i were the judge. That child did nothing to provoke this incident what so ever. Kids say "dude". The officer could have obviously have handles this incident with a completely different approach. Not only did he handle it wrong but he allowed it to become a "crime" which he perpretrated. A crime of "Terror" against a poor defenseless kid. What a coward.

However ...the cop is a lucky guy though because he does not live in Jefferson, Georgia where had he been witnessed doing this to a child by me he would have been disarmed and issued a lesson he would never forget. I would have made him apologize to the youngster and he would have had no choice what so ever. A complete coward, the kind who runs in battle. I can read this about this guy without guessing. He would fold under pressure like hot butter. His fellow officers are in grave danger if they are ever forced to endure a dangerous incident with this guy.

I'll agree with you on that.

I had my boy's watch this and they were both like, what is wrong with that cop? Why is he acting like that? That kid didn't do anything.

And then my 13 year old says well I would tell him I'm going to contact my lawyer. I didn't do anything wrong, and you are trying to start stuff with me.

I told him no you keep your mouth shut, and only give your name, address, phone number, and my name, and I'll handle it.

emmett
07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
It appears that this is not this jackasses only incident of tormenting the general public. Another video shows him kicking some kids remote control car while the guy is just enjoying some time in the park playing a prank on folks with a remote control car under a box.

Where do we find these guys anyway?

According to another video, Officer Rivierie has made the news a few times and was suspended from the police force for his antics after 17 years. I'm just having trouble figuring out how he lasted that long myself.

Trinity
07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
I went and did some searching and came across this.............

News: Judge Rules for Skater Over Police
Posted on Thu Dec 11 17:35:00 -0800 2008
Remember Officer Salvatore Rivieri? Back in February 2008, Rivieri thought 14-year-old skater Eric Bush was disrespecting him, so he put 'lil Eric in a headlock, took the kid's deck away and yelled at him for a good five minutes. Unfortunately for the cop, the kid's friend caught the whole thing on tape and posted it on YouTube and 300,000 hits later the officer has lost his job and a law suit against the city police is pending. According to an article posted on WBAL Channel 11 in Baltimore Bush was quoted as saying of the incident:

"I say I was not disrespectful...If he wouldn't have come up and started yelling, we would have left and just left it alone."

Today the case has surfaced again on Boardistan, as a judge has ruled in favor of Bush suing the city, in spite of missing the date on the statute of limitations. According to the family's report of the situation Eric admits he was skating in an area he clearly knew he wasn't supposed to skate in (gee, skaters never do that!) and he had an iPod on so he didn't hear the officer the first time he was told not to skate. He then took the headphones off and then tried to reason with the officer, but the situation quickly escalated because he called the officer "dude." Watch the video and you'll get the picture.

http://fueltv.fuel.tv/FUELTVED/blogs/view/4777?item=34471&type=Blog

emmett
07-24-2009, 10:32 AM
I'll agree with you on that.

I had my boy's watch this and they were both like, what is wrong with that cop? Why is he acting like that? That kid didn't do anything.

And then my 13 year old says well I would tell him I'm going to contact my lawyer. I didn't do anything wrong, and you are trying to start stuff with me.

I told him no you keep your mouth shut, and only give your name, address, phone number, and my name, and I'll handle it.

When he put his hands on that child he broke the law he was sworn to uphold. That was crime number one. Assault.

When he threatened the life of the child (which he clearly did) he was guilty of Terroristic Threats. That is a crime.

When he took the skateboard he was guilty of theft. That is on video so no defense there either. That is a crime.

Looks to me like he comitted more crime in 3:42 than the kid probably had in his 14 years on earth yet he commands the respect of the kid???????

I notice at the end of the video he was also threatening the other kid who was recording the video. Sounds like more crime may have been perpretrated off camera. I hope this guy is in prison where he belongs. I would love to know what became of this.

Trinity
07-24-2009, 10:34 AM
It appears that this is not this jackasses only incident of tormenting the general public. Another video shows him kicking some kids remote control car while the guy is just enjoying some time in the park playing a prank on folks with a remote control car under a box.

Where do we find these guys anyway?

According to another video, Officer Rivierie has made the news a few times and was suspended from the police force for his antics after 17 years. I'm just having trouble figuring out how he lasted that long myself.

Unfortunately for us, he is not alone. There are many more out there just like him.

Which is why I tell my kid's if ever confronted by a cop do not speak period, but to give your name, address, etc. Because anything you say can and will be held against you.

Trinity
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
When he put his hands on that child he broke the law he was sworn to uphold. That was crime number one. Assault.

When he threatened the life of the child (which he clearly did) he was guilty of Terroristic Threats. That is a crime.

When he took the skateboard he was guilty of theft. That is on video so no defense there either. That is a crime.

Looks to me like he comitted more crime in 3:42 than the kid probably had in his 14 years on earth yet he commands the respect of the kid???????

I notice at the end of the video he was also threatening the other kid who was recording the video. Sounds like more crime may have been perpretrated off camera. I hope this guy is in prison where he belongs. I would love to know what became of this.

If I am not mistaken the assault charge should be a felony since he did have a weapon on him while committing the crime.

From what I have read the only thing that happened to him was he was fired. If that would have been me or you, our asses would have been in prison for a long time!