PDA

View Full Version : Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Police Report

red states rule
07-25-2009, 06:40 AM
So much for Gates being a victim of racism. Even though I know damn well the liberals and race baiter supporters will dismiss this evidence as they have other eye witness reports

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates1.html

Joe Steel
07-25-2009, 07:20 AM
So much for Gates being a victim of racism. Even though I know damn well the liberals and race baiter supporters will dismiss this evidence as they have other eye witness reports

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates1.html

The police report pretty much proves Gates was a victim of racism. Crowley seems to have arrested him because he couldn't have a black man shouting at and berating a white police officer.

It looks like racism to me.

red states rule
07-25-2009, 07:22 AM
The police report pretty much proves Gates was a victim of racism. Crowley seems to have arrested him because he couldn't have a black man shouting at and berating a white police officer.

So Gates fails to show ID to a Police Officer - who is responding to a call from a neighbor - fails to obey lawful orders from the Police Officer - is warned twice to stop yeling outside of his home - is finally asrrested and you call that racism?

As I said in the OP - the lefties and race baiters would ignore all the facts and play the race card

Joe Steel
07-25-2009, 07:41 AM
So Gates fails to show ID to a Police Officer

Read the report again. Gates did supply ID and Crowley seemed to be satisfied with it.

- fails to obey lawful orders from the Police Officer

What order was that? He furnished the ID.

- is warned twice to stop ye(l)ling outside of his home

That could be problem. It was late and the other homeowners might have been disturbed. But Crowley could have solved the problem by leaving. Instead, he arrested someone who would have ceased to be a problem the moment the officer left.

- is finally asrrested and you call that racism?

What else would you call a white police officer arresting a black man without good reason?

Kathianne
07-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Gates basically came to the door screaming racism, failed to show ID twice when asked, then did comply. He asked for the officer's name, was given it twice inside the home, without acknowledging that he'd been given the name. He kept yelling, the officer told him he was stepping out of the house, as Gates couldn't seem to hear him giving his name. Gates then came out of the home, yelling racism and that the officer wouldn't give his name.

The officer noticed the growing crowd outside, Gates was still yelling. The officer warned him about 'disturbing the peace.' He didn't comply. He was arrested. Then the officer made sure that Gates was comfortable with a Harvard cop posted to protect his home, which couldn't be locked.

It's not unusual to use a charge like that to get things to cool down. If Obama hadn't gotten involved, the charges likely still would have been dropped and this would have just been a case of a man tired from a trip over reacting to having to deal with the police after it took him more time to get into his home. It became a flashpoint because of Obama's getting involved.

red states rule
07-25-2009, 07:49 AM
The "Community Organizer" simply showed his ACORN/ Activist/ Agitator hand.

The Police Officer did his job. Period.

This was not racial profiling. In fact it was not racial at all.

Just because this Gates throws a fit and calls it racism doesn't make it so. Even a white man would have been arrested for screaming and throwing a fit out in public and not stopping after several warnings.

I am suspicious of Gates' motives anyway. He could be planning a documentary on this, as well as a "I am a victim of white man racism" tour

Kathianne
07-25-2009, 07:53 AM
The "Community Organizer" simply showed his ACORN/ Activist/ Agitator hand.

The Police Officer did his job. Period.

This was not racial profiling. In fact it was not racial at all.

Just because this Gates throws a fit and calls it racism doesn't make it so. Even a white man would have been arrested for screaming and throwing a fit out in public and not stopping after several warnings.

I am suspicious of Gates' motives anyway. He could be planning a documentary on this, as well as a "I am a victim of white man racism" tour

I thought that was already posted here:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/07/23/officer_at_eye_of_storm_says_he_wont_apologize/

Sergeant at eye of storm says he won't apologize
By Globe Staff | July 23, 2009

...Crowley, during one of the interviews outside his South Natick home, said he was not authorized to discuss the controversy.

“As much as I’d like to respond, I really can’t,’’ said the married father of three, who coaches youth basketball and plays on a local softball team.

His neighbor Ed Shagory, a retired lawyer, was less reticent. He said he has been friends with Crowley for more than 17 years, and “I think the world of him and his family.’’

Shagory said he was upset by the criticism leveled against the officer and questioned Gates’s statement that the confrontation had inspired the Harvard professor to consider making a documentary about racial profiling.

“I think the idea of him already planning a documentary is very premature, and a very unnecessary thing to say before all the facts are even in,’’ Shagory said....

namvet
07-25-2009, 08:24 AM
I heard both are invited to the white house to have a beer. if they drink

beer??? I thought all they served was green kool aid :laugh2:

theHawk
07-25-2009, 11:02 AM
"Professor" Gates teaches "Africian-American" studies. His whole career revolves around race-baiting and trumping up racial tensions. Obama was way out of line to compare this incident with "racial profiling" where police pull over people of race.

This officer responded to a call of a possible break in phoned in by a neighbor, he did not pick out Gates out to harrass him because he is black. Nonetheless, Gates acted like a complete jackass and started shouting racism when the cops got there. Even Obama has admitted Gates "overracted", and the black cop that was on scene said so:

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — A black police officer who was at Henry Louis Gates Jr.'s home when the black Harvard scholar was arrested says he fully supports how his white fellow officer handled the situation.

Sgt. Leon Lashley says Gates was probably tired and surprised when Sgt. James Crowley demanded identification from him as officers investigated a report of a burglary. Lashley says Gates' reaction to Crowley was "a little bit stranger than it should have been."

Asked if Gates should have been arrested, Lashley said supported Crowley "100 percent."

Gates has said he was the victim of racial profiling
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-ap-us-harvard-scholar-arresting-officer,0,4731766.story

The only ones who acted stupidly are Gates and Obama for once again opening his big yapper when he "didn't have all the facts".

Its funny when he isn't using the teleprompter we start to see his true side come out again. The Obama who listened to Rev Wright for twenty years just couldn't help but immediately side with his black friend and accuse the white man involved of wrong-doing.

Now the White house is backpeddling -

"Because this has been ratcheting up and I obviously helped to contribute ratcheting it up, I wanted to make clear in my choice of words I think I unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge Police Department or Sgt. Crowley specifically," Obama said. "And I could have calibrated those words differently."
Translation- ' I fucked up bigtime and everyone clearly sees I was wrong on this race issue'.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2447761120090724?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true

I hope the officer goes through with a defamation lawsuit against the Professor of Racism.

theHawk
07-25-2009, 11:09 AM

The one thing you never do to a cop is mouth off to him, no matter what your race is or his. But angry black liberals like Gates feel they need to take any opportunity like this to make themselves become a victim, in the hopes of becoming famous.

The report doesn't prove racism at all. Any officer isn't going to allow a man to shout at and berate them. If the cop is such a racist, why are all the black and latino cops he works with standing up with him on this? Why is Obama backpeddling?

hjmick
07-25-2009, 11:27 AM
A little primer for the uninitiated:

uj0mtxXEGE8