5stringJeff
07-26-2009, 07:12 AM
The Trinity, in brief:

1. There is only one God.

2. There are three persons in the Godhead:
a. God the Father is God.
b. Jesus is God.
c. The Holy Spirit is God.

3. The three Persons of the Godhead are distinct from one another, but are of the same essence.

Discuss! :)

PostmodernProphet
07-26-2009, 10:00 AM

uhhh......yes?.........

crin63
07-26-2009, 10:19 AM
The Trinity, in brief:

b. Jesus is God.

3. The three Persons of the Godhead are distinct from one another, but are of the same essence.

I've had so little sleep the 3 nights that I'm not sure which word might be better but essence sounds kind of mystical. Other than that theres not much else to say but, Amen!!!

emmett
07-26-2009, 10:29 AM
The Trinity, in brief:

b. Jesus is God.

Amen brother!

Discuss (?????)

Elaborate please and continue!

5stringJeff
07-26-2009, 02:37 PM
I've had so little sleep the 3 nights that I'm not sure which word might be better but essence sounds kind of mystical. Other than that theres not much else to say but, Amen!!!

I've always seen the word "essence" used, as in, all three are 'essentially' God.

I bring the topic up because it's our weekly Sunday School topic.

Kathianne
07-27-2009, 06:05 AM
I've always seen the word "essence" used, as in, all three are 'essentially' God.

I bring the topic up because it's our weekly Sunday School topic.

It certainly puzzled St. Augustine enough that he wrote quite extensively on it:

http://www.augnet.org/default.asp?ipageid=274

5stringJeff
07-27-2009, 07:02 PM
It certainly puzzled St. Augustine enough that he wrote quite extensively on it:

http://www.augnet.org/default.asp?ipageid=274

It's a tough doctrine to verbalize, especially since it isn't mentioned explicitly in the Bible anywhere. However, there are plenty of verses that support each of the points in the OP, such that one can, using logic, come to the conclusion that God exists in Trinity.