PDA

View Full Version : Borough Aide resigns after calling President 'O-DUMB-A'

red states rule
07-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Some one uses her First Amendment rights to voice her opinion and her boss fires her.

Lets see, account was not a work account and the post was done on her own time. Wow.

Calling Obama DUMB and an idiot should not matter to her boss, this is HER OPINION.

STRINGER AIDE RESIGNS AFTER CALLING PRESIDENT 'O-DUMB-A'

An aide to Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer has resigned after reportedly posting comments on her Facebook account defending racial profiling in the recent arrest of a Harvard professor and calling President Obama "O-dumb-a."

Lee Landor, who had been Stringer's deputy press secretary since May, posted a series of comments on her Facebook page over the weekend criticizing Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. and the president, the weekly newspaper City Hall News reported on its Web site today.

Landor had previously worked as a reporter for The Queens Tribune and as an editor for The Queens Chronicle before joining Stringer's staff.

"Ms. Landor's comments were totally inappropriate and in direct contradiction to the views of the borough president and his office," Dick Riley, Stringer's communications director, said in a statement posted on the newspaper's Web site.

"The borough president has accepted Ms. Landor's resignation, effective immediately."

Landor could not be reached for comment and her Facebook page had been deactivated on Monday.

Images of the Facebook posts -- which were captured by City Hall News before the page was taken down -- showed that Landor blasted the president for how he handled the situation last week.

"O-dumb-a, the situation got 'out of hand' because Gates is a racist, not because the officer was DOING HIS JOB," she wrote.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07282009/news/regionalnews/manhattan/stringer_deputy_press_secretary_defends__181772.ht m

GetAClue
07-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I love this line in the article:

An aide to Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer has resigned after reportedly posting comments on her Facebook account defending racial profiling in the recent arrest of a Harvard professor and calling President Obama "O-dumb-a."
Apparently if you disagree with Gates or Obama, you are supporting Racial Profiling. Just another example of the media playing the race baiting game in an attempt to cover what the Idiot-In-Chief spouted off about.

Jeff
07-29-2009, 08:00 PM
If the name fits, just saying

gabosaurus
07-29-2009, 08:13 PM
If the guy had made comments about Rush Limbaugh being a racist, or Dick Cheney as a warped killer, I am guessing he would also have been asked to resign.

Insein
07-31-2009, 02:17 PM
If the guy had made comments about Rush Limbaugh being a racist, or Dick Cheney as a warped killer, I am guessing he would also have been asked to resign.

There in lies the rub. Would he have been asked to resign for those comments? Guess we won't know.

Making personal comments is everyone's god given right by the constitution. A job is not a right though. If your boss does not like you, they have the power to fire you. Certain jobs have laws that can protect you from discriminatory firings but only so much.

For example, a Philadelphia Eagles ticket taker posted comments about eagles management being "morons" for not bringing Brian Dawkins back to the team. He posted it for less than a day on his facebook. One week later, he was fired by eagles management. They write his paychecks and they didn't like what he had to say.

You always have the right to say what you like but there is always a consequence. Freedom of speech does not grant freedom of consequence. It only protects you from the government's wrath, not your employer's.

Gaffer
07-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Profiling is profiling of any kind. To say someone can't racially profile is to restrict them in their jobs. It's a purely racial concept all it's own.

The person, in a free and Constitutional society would have every right to say what she said and sue to get her job back.

Nobody can fire me but I will always refer to him as the dark lord. I won't even dignify it by capitalizing the words. And I dare anyone to try to censor me or threaten me in any way.

She should have told them to fire her for it.

So another one joins the ranks of the enemies of the state.