PDA

View Full Version : Senate, mostly unafraid, Passes Stem Cell Research

Psychoblues
04-11-2007, 10:44 PM
The chicken shits chickened out at the last minute. I just can't abide broken promises and ignorance as demonstrated by practically every rEpuplican I have ever known.

"The Senate fell short of a veto- proof margin in approving legislation today to lift President George W. Bush's 2001 ban on federal funding for new embryonic stem-cell research.

The Senate voted 63-34 in favor of expanding federal funding for stem-cell research using discarded human embryos.

Supporters sought to secure the 67 votes that would be needed to override a promised presidential veto. Bush will veto the bill when it reaches his desk, the White House said yesterday in a statement."

More:http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aCKnWMY5TeMc&refer=us

Maybe the Dems didn't offer them the special peanut deals they were asking for? Trash, just trash is all I can say for the rEpukes.

Samantha
04-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I want to know why the heck these three didn't vote at all?

Dodd (D-CT)
Johnson (D-SD)
Landrieu (D-LA)

And here is the one Dem that voted no: Casey (D-PA) Damn shame, these 4 could have gotten the no veto vote.

Here are the good Republicans that want to save lives, sure diabetes, altzheimers, help amputees, and support science. These Repubs voted for it:

Bennett (R-UT)
Burr (R-NC)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCain (R-AZ)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Warner (R-VA)

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00127#top

Arlen Specter is my favorite Republican.

Psychoblues
04-13-2007, 03:33 AM
Thanks for sharing, Sammy!!!!!!!!

I want to know why the heck these three didn't vote at all?

Dodd (D-CT)
Johnson (D-SD)
Landrieu (D-LA)

And here is the one Dem that voted no: Casey (D-PA) Damn shame, these 4 could have gotten the no veto vote.

Here are the good Republicans that want to save lives, sure diabetes, altzheimers, help amputees, and support science. These Repubs voted for it:

Bennett (R-UT)
Burr (R-NC)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCain (R-AZ)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Warner (R-VA)

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=110&session=1&vote=00127#top

Arlen Specter is my favorite Republican.

I see a few there I didn't expect to see in the "r" column. Like you, I am totally disgusted with Dodd, Johnson, Landrieu and Casey. I will not call them traitors just yet but I do believe a Democratic confrontation and subsequent accountability is in order for them.

stephanie
04-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Psycho........

I wish that you and any man who votes so nonchalance on this bill..
Could get pregnant and then choose to abort your child..

Then men like you, could also donate your child you just aborted to science..

What the hell right..their only cells..
.That is in the process of becoming your living child...

Psychoblues
04-17-2007, 11:17 PM
staphy, once, only just once I wish that you could approach a debate considerately and comprehensively.

Psycho........

I wish that you and any man who votes so nonchalance on this bill..
Could get pregnant and then choose to abort your child..

Then men like you, could also donate your child you just aborted to science..

What the hell right..their only cells..
.That is in the process of becoming your living child...

This is one of the occasions where you could shine. You don't.

Samantha
04-17-2007, 11:30 PM
staphy, once, only just once I wish that you could approach a debate considerately and comprehensively.

This is one of the occasions where you could shine. You don't.I haven't been here that long, but from what I've seen, that's impossible.

LOL!

Psychoblues
04-18-2007, 01:34 AM
The board has been admonished by the owner to tone down the name calling, Sammi. In the instance of staphy it is difficult but I do my best.

I haven't been here that long, but from what I've seen, that's impossible.

LOL!

We get along to get along but Psychoblues will never go along just to get along.

Dig it?

Hobbit
04-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Once again, I ask, If embryonic stem cells are so good, then why do they need federal funding? If those things were half as useful as the proponents claim, they'd be swimming in private funding. And I don't want to hear any crap about how it's too long-term for private companies to invest, either. They're not stupid, and some drug companies have spent decades of time and trillions of dollars to come up with a single drug, even one that doesn't treat a life-threatening condition.