PDA

View Full Version : Angels and demons and aliens, oh my.

Smurf-Herder
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Here's a theory I'm throwing out there, after decades of reading metaphysical, occult, paranormal and religious works:

They are all part of a single phenomena, or plane of reality. One which interacts with our 3D Time-space - "The Interdimensionals"

Each can still maintain all the basics of what we think of them as; but yet, they are all from a higher level of existence. A higher level of being, than we normally perceive and understand from our limited 3D frame of reference.

It doesn't take away from each. With each still in their own traditional place in our thinking. But incorporates all of them into a more holistic paradigm. IMO, it literally explains everything.

In other words, if all of the above were real, with all the diversity involved in each, a multi-dimensional perspective of the universe would be the unifying factor putting everything together.

gabosaurus
07-29-2009, 08:21 PM
The Angels are still there. Along with countless millions of aliens.
The demons, however, were term-limited and are now in the private sector.

Smurf-Herder
07-30-2009, 12:20 AM
The Angels are still there. Along with countless millions of aliens.

But all put together, my concept of the cosmos proves the basis for religious beliefs; based on new scientific insights concerning a multi-dimensional universe. In other words, spiritual realms and higher dimemsions are the same thing. It's just the semantics.

I used to be a Youth Group leader for 10 years back in Massachusetts, in a fundamental church. But I've also read a lot concerning scientific concepts. To me it's all the same thing, with varying levels of higher states of being.

Do a search in Google on The Watchers. It's interesting.

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2009, 05:14 AM

now that is obviously untrue.....there's still a whole bunch of demons in Congress....

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2009, 05:16 AM
then again, it's egotistical to assume that God created a universe so large that it takes a million years for the light to reach us, just so we could look up and say, "aren't those stars pretty".....UFOs could simply be other created mortals who got their shit together quicker than we did.....

Smurf-Herder
07-30-2009, 06:30 AM
then again, it's egotistical to assume that God created a universe so large that it takes a million years for the light to reach us, just so we could look up and say, "aren't those stars pretty".....UFOs could simply be other created mortals who got their shit together quicker than we did.....

I'm not saying angels and aliens are mutually exclusive, or the same exact thing either. We can't be sure on that. All we know for sure is, religious texts were written thousands of years ago, based on the terminology of the day. And that even a creator in the traditional sense wouldn't be obliged to tell a young race everything.

And that the first cycle of stars that were able to have heavy enough elements to form planets were formed approximately 10 billion years ago. Imagine a species 8 or 9 billion years more advanced than us, in technology and biological evolution.

I think it's really a mixed bag out there. Especially when you throw in the concept of multiple dimensions of Time-Space.

5stringJeff
07-30-2009, 05:13 PM
So how does the existence of angels, demons, and/or aliens relate to faith in God?

Smurf-Herder
07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
So how does the existence of angels, demons, and/or aliens relate to faith in God?

I guess it depends on how accurate religious text is, compared to the reality of how things really are out there. And whatever the reality truly is, whether the text is 100% accurate or not, the true reality is much more profound than whatever a human could simply put down in words.

In terms of spiritual power, for example, what are the actual energy mechanisms at work? (from a scientific standpoint) Does faith involve an actual energy that can be quantified in some way (on another plane of reality)?

I read somewhere that "spritual experiences" involve stimulation of a specific region of the human brain. Which doesn't mean they aren't actual spiritual experiences; but that it involvs stimulation of a specific region - like sight and sound.... like the "receiver", when it's tuned into the right frequency.

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2009, 05:21 AM

on an interesting side note, one also has to consider what the text actually says about angels and demons.....do you realize that no where in the Bible does it refer to angels as having wings....there are cherubim and seraphim who are referred to separately from angels who have six wings, and there is a reference in Revelation to a human women with wings who gives birth to the Messiah, but whenever angels are mentioned people seemed to have difficulty distinguishing them from humans.....

Smurf-Herder
08-01-2009, 05:36 AM
There are some interesting comparisons with Biblical text and extra-biblical (The Book of Enoch); and I believe Sumarian texts and other ancient writings - concerning the Angels, the Gods, Sons of God, etc., coming down from up above to either teach man, give man the ability to become civilized, or give man a higher mental capacity.

Could Adam and Eve eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil be a allegory of something much more involved?

Also Adam and Eve were told to "replenish" the Earth. The definition of Replenish is: To fill or make complete again; add a new stock or supply to. Implying there was something here before them, that was made empty.

Google the "Gap Theory" in relation to the book of Genesis.