PDA

View Full Version : Carroll woman's answer to highly visible Obama: Selling her televisions

stephanie
07-30-2009, 08:21 AM
:laugh2:

By DOUGLAS BURNS
Staff Writer

A 78-year-old Carroll woman says she's so tired of seeing President Barack Obama on the airwaves that she's selling her television sets - two of them.

Deloris Nissen, a retired nurses' aide and former Kmart employee who was raised on a farm near Audubon, placed a classified advertisement with The Daily Times Herald for Friday's paper.

In the $5.50 ad, Nissen tells readers she has two television sets for sale.

The reason: "Obama on every channel and station."

In an interview Nissen said she is serious about selling two TVs - and genuine about her disgust with what she believes to be an overexposed president.

"I just got tired of watching him on every channel," Nissen said. "I thought, my gosh, does he ever stay at the White House?"

Nissen, who voted for U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., in the 2008 presidential election, said she could live with seeing Obama come on television to make serious announcements. But he seems to be on all the time, Nissen said.

When the president does appear on a channel she happens to be watching, Nissen said, she quickly turns.

"I have the remote real handy," Nissen said. "I have the batteries. I'm ready for him."

Nissen's annoyance with the president as a frequent presence on her television doesn't mean she'll abandon the medium altogether.

She's keeping a bigger flat-screen television and selling an older 20-inch Sony and possibly a 13-inch set.

"It's too heavy," Nissen said of the 20-inch TV. "I can't handle it anymore."

That said, she doesn't plan on selling it for less than $100 - even if Obama was just on Tuesday pitching his health-care-reform plans.

Obama's own advisers and political observers across the ideological spectrum have for months debated whether the now popular president is overexposed.

For her part, Nissen said she expects to take some flack for the advertisement in her local paper. After all, Obama did win Iowa and Carroll County in the 2008 election.

But she's not worried about any criticism.

"I'm an old lady, and I don't care," Nissen said.

from..
http://carrollspaper.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=8449

5stringJeff
07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
I just watch sports. I've been in training this week, and every time I have a break and go in to watch CNN, he's on. It drives me nuts.

stephanie
07-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I've wanted to shoot mine a couple of times...but I just bought it and I love it..

so instead, I have to run around to find the remote to shut the annoying little Marxist off...

Gaffer
07-30-2009, 05:53 PM
I disconnected the cable and don't watch any TV. I have a DVD player if I feel like watching something. The internet provides all my news and I can skip all references to the dark lord. Hopefully she can convince some stupid libs to buy the things with the ads that he's on every channel. Great selling point for the worshipers.

Kathianne
07-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Early in am and around dinner I watch the news on CNN and Fox. Other than that, I watch C-Span. I'll watch Burn Notice this evening, on Sunday watch Drop Dead Diva and Army Wives on Lifetime. That's it.

At night, if I don't want to read, I'll watch Golden Girls or Law & Order, one or the other are nearly always on.

Jeff
07-30-2009, 08:25 PM
I just hit the DA button and he goes away, no more Dumb ass, LOL, Don't I wish it was that easy