PDA

View Full Version : Duke Lacross players found innocent

manu1959
04-12-2007, 12:37 AM
all charges dropped.....

turns out the young lady lied.....

hmmmm...wonder if obama, jessie and al will call for her head?

krisy
04-12-2007, 08:53 AM
all charges dropped.....

Of course they won't. She did it all becuase she is a victim of the white man. While they will do nothing to condem her actions against these white boys,and at the same time ruining Imus' career,they are showing themselves to be the hypocrites that they are. There also is no monay to be made by condeming her.

:lame2:

Abbey Marie
04-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Tawana Brawley, Jr.

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 10:50 AM
The Duke Lacrosse players were not found innocent.

They would have to have gone to trial for that to happen.

The charges were dropped.

That doesn't mean they are innocent, it either means the prosecution blew the case, the evidence wasn't sufficient to convict or they were innocent.

Now we will never know.

If they really were innocent, I would think they would have wanted the trial to prove that.

darin
04-12-2007, 10:55 AM

That doesn't mean they are innocent, it either means the prosecution blew the case, the evidence wasn't sufficient to convict or they were innocent.

Now we will never know.

If they really were innocent, I would think they would have wanted the trial to prove that.

The Prosecutor Proclaimed their innocence. ;)

If He had balls/spine he'd charge the bitch who lied and put HER in jail.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Now we will never know.

There was NO evidence, the State AG said so in the press conference yesterday. So yes, we know.

Birdzeye
04-12-2007, 10:56 AM
IIRC, the forensic evidence (DNA) did not support the allegations, so there really was no case against these young men.

EDIT: Mr. P, I guess we cross posted.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
IIRC, the forensic evidence (DNA) did not support the allegations, so there really was no case against these young men.

EDIT: Mr. P, I guess we cross posted.

No problem.

CockySOB
04-12-2007, 11:31 AM

Actually, I wouldn't worry so much about the accuser, and go after Nifong for his prosecutorial misconduct and other assorted crimes. Hell, even if the girl HAD a case, Nifong screwed it all to hell and screwed her chance at justice in the process. That being said, I maintain that her accusation was false and that she should be held to account for that anyway. But the lion's share of the blame here rests squarely on Nifong.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Actually, I wouldn't worry so much about the accuser, and go after Nifong for his prosecutorial misconduct and other assorted crimes. Hell, even if the girl HAD a case, Nifong screwed it all to hell and screwed her chance at justice in the process. That being said, I maintain that her accusation was false and that she should be held to account for that anyway. But the lion's share of the blame here rests squarely on Nifong.

I hear that is the plan and he does face disbarment too.

04-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I hear that is the plan and he does face disbarment too.

The man should be disbarred. He is a disgrace. and considering he is a lawyer that says alot.

krisy
04-12-2007, 12:11 PM
I heard on Fox this morning something about her having some mental issues in the past...who knows

I feel horrible for these boys. Their lives I'm sure have been ripped apart. One would think a prosecutor would be smart enough to pick up this girl's lying. Maybe he did and just wanted to win this big case I guess?

Anyway,I hope they can get their lives back together.

darin
04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Victims' Rights organizations should try to put together a fund-raiser to help them cover their legal fees.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Victims' Rights organizations should try to put together a fund-raiser to help them cover their legal fees.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Fat chance! But yes, they should. It'll never happen though.

04-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I heard on Fox this morning something about her having some mental issues in the past...who knows

I feel horrible for these boys. Their lives I'm sure have been ripped apart. One would think a prosecutor would be smart enough to pick up this girl's lying. Maybe he did and just wanted to win this big case I guess?

Anyway,I hope they can get their lives back together.

I doubt he really cared about winning it. He just wanted the publicity from the case to get reelected as DA.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-12-2007, 02:11 PM

Now we will never know.

Under our current judicial process (last I checked), no one FOUND innocent. You are innocent until proven guilty. These men were railroaded and tried in the court of public opinion, and Nifong should pay for his involvement of inciting the press and local prejudices.

04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Under our current judicial process (last I checked), no one FOUND innocent. You are innocent until proven guilty. These men were railroaded and tried in the court of public opinion, and Nifong should pay for his involvement of inciting the press and local prejudices.

Oh I have no doubt that he and Duke University will be paying quite a large amount.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Oh I have no doubt that he and Duke University will be paying quite a large amount.

I donno about Duke, but he's toast!

04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I donno about Duke, but he's toast!

I dont know, i could make a pretty dang good case of slander/libel from Duke

Yurt
04-12-2007, 07:47 PM

Now we will never know.

If this doesn't prove your stupidity....

Yurt
04-12-2007, 07:48 PM

Loosy doesn't get it because he worships a man whore

manu1959
04-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Now we will never know.

fuck you are stupid.....in america you are innocent until proven guilty....

if you go to court you are found not guilty or guilty :fu:

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 11:11 PM

NO the prosecutor DID NOT proclaim their innocence.

I just read the reports he said wrongfully accused, he said he never had access to the evidence he said many things but NEVER did he say that the kids were innocent.

We will never know.

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 11:13 PM
fuck you are stupid.....in america you are innocent until proven guilty....

if you go to court you are found not guilty or guilty :fu:

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

In America you are PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty.

That does not mean you are innocent.

I feel like I am teaching high school sophomores here.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 11:49 PM
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me, you aren't teaching anyone anything here.

MtnBiker
04-13-2007, 01:33 AM

The Attorney General of North Carolina sure did, and who ever the prosecuting attorney was after Nifong was dismissed Attorney General Roy Cooper is his boss.

N.C. attorney general: Duke players 'innocent'
POSTED: 8:30 p.m. EDT, April 11, 2007

RALEIGH, North Carolina (CNN) -- North Carolina's Attorney General Roy Cooper announced Tuesday that the three former Duke University lacrosse players who faced sexual assault charges are "innocent" and the charges are being dropped.

Below is a transcript of his announcement and answers to questions at the new conference:

ROY COOPER: On January the 13th of this year, I accepted the request of the Durham County district attorney to take over three Durham cases. At the time I promised a fresh and thorough review of the facts and a decision on the best way to proceed.

I also said that we would have our eyes wide open to the evidence, but that we would have blinders on to all other distractions. We have done all of these things. (Watch: 'No credible evidence that an attack occurred' )

During the past 12 weeks, our lawyers and investigators have reviewed the remaining allegations of sexual assault and kidnapping that resulted from a party on March 13, 2006, in Durham, North Carolina. We carefully reviewed the evidence, collected by the Durham County prosecutor's office and the Durham Police Department.

We've also conducted our own interviews and evidence gathering. Our attorneys and SBI agents have interviewed numerous people who were at the party, DNA and other experts, the Durham County district attorney, Durham police officers, defense attorneys, and the accusing witness on several occasions. We have reviewed statements given over the year, photographs, records, and other evidence.

The result of our review and investigation shows clearly that there is insufficient evidence to proceed on any of the charges. Today we are filing notices of dismissal for all charges against Reade Seligmann, Collin Finnerty, and David Evans. The result is that these cases are over, and no more criminal proceedings will occur.

We believe that these cases were the result of a tragic rush to accuse and a failure to verify serious allegations. Based on the significant inconsistencies between the evidence and the various accounts given by the accusing witness, we believe these three individuals are innocent of these charges.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/11/cooper.transcript/index.html

And the video;

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/law/2007/04/11/sot.nc.duke.lacrosse.presser.cnn&wm=9

Loosecannon, you are just wrong about the not innocent claim.

04-13-2007, 02:07 AM
The Attorney General of North Carolina sure did, and who ever the prosecuting attorney was after Nifong was dismissed Attorney General Roy Cooper is his boss.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/11/cooper.transcript/index.html

And the video;

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/law/2007/04/11/sot.nc.duke.lacrosse.presser.cnn&wm=9

Loosecannon, you are just wrong about the not innocent claim.

It's hardly the first time he is wrong about something. I doubt it will be the last.

I was listening to the radio and Katie Couric did one of her notebook things between the hours of programming. She was discussing the Duke Rape case and was couldn't figure out how such a mistake could have been made. And I was sitting there completely dumbfounded.

It was the media who created the story. It was the media who rushed to presume guilt. It was the media who convinced alot of naive people that they were guilty without a shred of evidence being presented. How the heck can she sit there and pretend as though she has no clue how it happened?!

Makes me wonder what other stories that the media is creating with absolutely no evidence to support their claims that Americans are being deceived over. Is it any wonder why everyone thinks Iraq is such a debacle? They've been repeating it day in and day out for 4 years, ignoring all the evidence contrary, and people are starting to believe it.

It's like people think just repeating things over and over and over again will make them true.

Trigg
04-13-2007, 06:49 AM
all charges dropped.....

Last night on Hannity and Colmes they showed a clip of Jackson (when the case first appeared) he was offering the girl a full scholership. Hannity asked him "what if it turnes out she's lying, are you going to take away the scholership?" In the old interview Jackson says he can't immagine she would lie.

Gee I wonder if he'll take away the scholership now??????????????

glockmail
04-13-2007, 08:00 AM

Nifong did what he did to get re-elected in perhaps the most heavily concentrated black, Democrat district in the Great State of North Carolina. He used his office, power, race and class baiting to get reelected, tossing out the rights of the accused and the truth like they were dog meat.

Now we see part 2 of NC Democrat politics. Attorney General Roy Cooper, Democrat, is using the power of his office, and by proclaiming their innocence, opening up the State coffers to the accused to bolster his own popularity, influence and power.

The three student athletes will undoubtedly take the county to court over this for a big win.

Yet to be mentioned is the possible defamation suit against the 88 (presumably Liberal, Democrat) Duke professors who wrote and signed a public letter defaming these students.

glockmail
04-13-2007, 08:02 AM
It's like people think just repeating things over and over and over again will make them true. This tactic has been used throughout history to perpetuate obvious lies, because it works every time.

CockySOB
04-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Yet to be mentioned is the possible defamation suit against the 88 (presumably Liberal, Democrat) Duke professors who wrote and signed a public letter defaming these students.They have a right to state their opinions, but I would hope that Duke would suffer for the next couple of decades for those professors' rush to judgment.

manu1959
04-13-2007, 09:26 AM
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

wrong wrong wrong....:fu:

your quote:
I just read the reports he said wrongfully accused, he said he never had access to the evidence he said many things but NEVER did he say that the kids were innocent.

so what are they then guilty, not guilty, presumed innocent or innocent....

the high school sopomores have decided the teacher is a fucking douche bag

darin
04-13-2007, 09:28 AM
We are in the presence of IMPENETRABLE IGNORANCE

Abbey Marie
04-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Looks like the original poster got it right after all:

Lawyers for three former Duke lacrosse players are considering suing the district attorney who pursued rape and sexual assault charges against the three men, who were declared innocent this week by the state attorney general

And, it sounds like even Nifong is claiming they are INNOCENT:

In his first comment on that decision, Nifong said in a statement Thursday: "To the extent that I made judgments that ultimately proved to be incorrect, I apologize to the three students that were wrongly accused."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070413/ap_on_re_us/duke_legal;_ylt=Ar9we96UEjVu4w8wkQn8mllI2ocA

I wonder what will be the next dustup.

Yurt
04-13-2007, 05:53 PM

We will never know.

Are you stuuuuupid? WTF do you think wrongfully accused means? If I falsely accuse you of a crime and you say: I am innocent, I did not do it. And then I say, no, you are hooligan, you did it, I have the proof. You say, again, I am innocent.

Later, after ruining your life (you lost you job/wife/kids/truck/dog/whatever) as a result of my accusation that you are GUILTY, I say:

No, you are actually wrongfully accused. I was wrong, I am sorry.

You are now telling me that I am still right, that you are guilty and not innocent?

:poke:

Yurt
04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Believe me, you aren't teaching anyone anything here.

:lmao:

Yurt
04-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Nifong did what he did to get re-elected in perhaps the most heavily concentrated black, Democrat district in the Great State of North Carolina. He used his office, power, race and class baiting to get reelected, tossing out the rights of the accused and the truth like they were dog meat.

Now we see part 2 of NC Democrat politics. Attorney General Roy Cooper, Democrat, is using the power of his office, and by proclaiming their innocence, opening up the State coffers to the accused to bolster his own popularity, influence and power.

The three student athletes will undoubtedly take the county to court over this for a big win.

Yet to be mentioned is the possible defamation suit against the 88 (presumably Liberal, Democrat) Duke professors who wrote and signed a public letter defaming these students.

I, at times, do think this country is too litigious, however, there are times, such as this, when litigation needs to go forward full speed. These boys were wronged and the MSM is doing virtually nothing about it. Oprah is not having them on her show. Oh no, but must have on some girls who were called "nappy headed hos".

Yeah, the damages were worse for them, I understand. I mean, the humilation of being called nappy headed hos. I hear rutgers U has lamblasted them and kicked them out for being nappy headed hos. I hear they are off the BBall team.

Thanks oprah for really caring about America. Seems her true "colors" (not purple apparently) are coming through. This is why these boys need to seek litigation. They have lost so much and it must be known that if you pull this shite again, the shite will hit your fan.

Mr. P
04-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I, at times, do think this country is too litigious, however, there are times, such as this, when litigation needs to go forward full speed. These boys were wronged and the MSM is doing virtually nothing about it. Oprah is not having them on her show. Oh no, but must have on some girls who were called "nappy headed hos".

Yeah, the damages were worse for them, I understand. I mean, the humilation of being called nappy headed hos. I hear rutgers U has lamblasted them and kicked them out for being nappy headed hos. I hear they are off the BBall team.

Thanks oprah for really caring about America. Seems her true "colors" (not purple apparently) are coming through. This is why these boys need to seek litigation. They have lost so much and it must be known that if you pull this shite again, the shite will hit your fan.

You hit that nail on the head, Yurt!

Gaffer
04-13-2007, 07:36 PM
The thing I wonder now is how many other cases of railroading was nifong involved in. I hope the attorney general is looking into all nifongs prosecutions.

Abbey Marie
04-13-2007, 09:57 PM
The thing I wonder now is how many other cases of railroading was nifong involved in. I hope the attorney general is looking into all nifongs prosecutions.

Good idea.

Also, I would like to see his name become a verb synonymous with this type of misconduct. From now on, if anyone is abused by the system, we should heretofore say he or she was "Nifonged".

glockmail
04-15-2007, 01:39 PM
The thing I wonder now is how many other cases of railroading was nifong involved in. I hope the attorney general is looking into all nifongs prosecutions. Only if its politically expedient.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
From now on, if anyone is abused by the system, we should heretofore say he or she was "Nifonged".

With your permission, I am going to use this.....