PDA

View Full Version : *Too Much Wisdom, Becometh Pain*

chesswarsnow
07-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Is there such a thing as being overly wise?
2. To where, you know too much?
3. Where wisdom ends up hurting you rather than making your world a better place?
4. Will wisdom block you, keep you thinking small or rarther too large, in order to maintain or obtain the growth needed to excell to where you think you should be, with this aquired wisdom, the wisdom you are seeking after or already have obtained?
5. What kind of wisdom will make it better for you and yours?
6. Is wisdom subjective on the results that come of it?
7. All this and a bag-o-chips, right here on DP.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
07-30-2009, 10:20 PM
If ya venture outta the Religion/Ethics forum ya may find yer answer. Just saying.

chesswarsnow
07-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Sorry bout that,

If ya venture outta the Religion/Ethics forum ya may find yer answer. Just saying.

1. I guess you don't know then?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
07-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I guess you don't know then?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sure I know. Get out an live a little..you'll feel better.

chesswarsnow
07-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Sorry bout that,

Sure I know. Get out an live a little..you'll feel better.

1. Not entirely, but a good answer all in all.:clap:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
07-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. When wisdom comes to some, does vulgar language come as well?
2. Does wisdom make some people feel wiser seeing where their wisdom has taken them?
3. If your wisdom based on studies, with much learning, and no progress, is that still considered wise?
4. If wisdom makes you cause others pain, isn't that pain something your expressing from your huge intolerant wisdom?
5. If thats the wisdom you hold too, its bascially a crutch.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

crin63
07-30-2009, 11:15 PM
You can never have too much wisdom however the more knowledge you have the more visible the problems around you will become and the more prideful you will become.

chesswarsnow
07-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. In what ways does pride show through your obtained knowledge?
2. Is it a deterant to have this knowledge then?
3. If you fall through pride?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
07-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Are we addressing education or knowledge?

Mr. P
07-31-2009, 11:18 AM

I think it's a self exam exercise.

Kathianne
07-31-2009, 11:39 AM
I think it's a self exam exercise.

Dang, I don't think I'm this 'complex.' ;)

Mr. P
07-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Dang, I don't think I'm this 'complex.' ;)

:laugh2: No,, a self exam of himself.

chesswarsnow
07-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. We are looking for some serious debaters here, are there any serious debaters in the house.
2. I know where this is going, for my wisdom detects it.
3. Now who here has wisdom?
4. And you people are paining me I can see.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I doubt you can get wisdom through education, these days.
2. The way things stand, its hard for anyone to get wisdom anymore.
3. I think the best way to get wisdom these days is the hard way, get out in the world, and figure it out.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

crin63
08-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. In what ways does pride show through your obtained knowledge?
2. Is it a deterant to have this knowledge then?
3. If you fall through pride?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I have never really consider this before so this is my initial thoughts.

Knowledge is our individual storehouses of information whether by education, observation, experiences and so on. There are those who seek after knowledge but don't know how to apply it properly because they lack wisdom.

Wisdom is how to apply that knowledge we have to our lives and the lives of others, which I think results in what we more commonly refer to as common sense.

The greater the knowledge and wisdom a person has I would think the more common sense they would have.

Once a person allows pride to enter the equation, wisdom takes a backseat to the pride. At this point the common sense goes out the window because the person no longer has the humility (which I believe is an essential part of wisdom) to listen to anyone about anything and they get caught up in how wonderful they are. Modern politicians are a prime example.

chesswarsnow
08-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. If you have wisdom, and you had a pretty good job, steady income, insurance, goals to reach etc. within your work place.
2. Is it pride that makes you sign a big note on the local castle?
3. Does pride make a person seek for things showing great wealth?
4. If you ask them living in castles, are they full of pride?
5. Can a humble person live in a castle?
6. In what reality does a wise man live?
7. Does he live in abject squaler?
8. In a cave?
9. Does he bring his whole family to the cave?
10. How does internet work in a cave?
11. Does he live amongst poor people, trying to touch their lives, in a good way?
12. Does he become a priest to help mankind find Jesus?
13. Humility is a treasure to God, thats for sure.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

crin63
08-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. If you have wisdom, and you had a pretty good job, steady income, insurance, goals to reach etc. within your work place.
2. Is it pride that makes you sign a big note on the local castle?
3. Does pride make a person seek for things showing great wealth?
4. If you ask them living in castles, are they full of pride?
5. Can a humble person live in a castle?
6. In what reality does a wise man live?
7. Does he live in abject squaler?
8. In a cave?
9. Does he bring his whole family to the cave?
10. How does internet work in a cave?
11. Does he live amongst poor people, trying to touch their lives, in a good way?
12. Does he become a priest to help mankind find Jesus?
13. Humility is a treasure to God, thats for sure.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why does someone actually need a castle when a ranch house will do? I have no problem with them doing it because they can, but the question remains as to motive. Pride? Probably.

Is it wise to enslave yourself financially to live beyond what you actually need? I would suggest that its better to live in a ranch house rather than a castle if it is more attainable to be financially free.

I'm not sure if its pride or just foolishness to live outside your means. I think that would have to be judged on an individual basis because for some its would be pride and for others it would just be foolishness.

No preacher should seek to live in poverty because how can they be a total blessing to people if they have nothing to give. They should have a home where weary travelers can stop and stay, they should have enough food to feed the same, they should be able to help out someone who is struggling and so on.

chesswarsnow
08-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

WEALTH AND WISDOM, ARE THEY INTERWOVEN?

Why does someone actually need a castle when a ranch house will do? I have no problem with them doing it because they can, but the question remains as to motive. Pride? Probably.

Is it wise to enslave yourself financially to live beyond what you actually need? I would suggest that its better to live in a ranch house rather than a castle if it is more attainable to be financially free.

I'm not sure if its pride or just foolishness to live outside your means. I think that would have to be judged on an individual basis because for some its would be pride and for others it would just be foolishness.

No preacher should seek to live in poverty because how can they be a total blessing to people if they have nothing to give. They should have a home where weary travelers can stop and stay, they should have enough food to feed the same, they should be able to help out someone who is struggling and so on.

TRUR OR FALSE

1. So, if a person with wisdoms perfected, you must at least have more than enough and to spare?
2. Well then, if it is indeed true that a person of wisdom needs financial backing in order to have greater effectiveness, is wealth and wisdom one and the same?
3. Is it the wealth or the wisdom that is able to have an effectual impact on those without both?
4. And is it possible a person of wisdom can be poor?
5. And a person of true wisdom shouldn't need wealth in order to have a real and effectual impact on others with neither, do you think?

UNLESS YOU HAVE WEALTH CAN YOU EVEN FIND WISDOM?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas