PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Here Give There Cat A Bath????

Creek
07-31-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't have a problem with her smelling per say...But when she gets on the couches,and contantly washes her butt on the carpet below the coffee table it causes an issue...(yuck).

I keep her outa the bedroom though..and now worry that it'll be a pain in the arse teaching her to stay off the couches,due to the fact she's been using them for her bed for well over a year now.

She's a hairy Himalayan with more turds & the yellow stuff hanging from the back of her arse..than what's in the cat box.

This just started a week ago..so it hasn't ever been a problem.

Does anyone here shave there cats arse...or bath them??

stephanie
07-31-2009, 01:59 PM
that's one reason I've always like short haired cats...

the shedding doesn't seem as bad, caring for coat is easier, and definitely no turds hanging off the long hair around the butt...
most cats usually clean, or when they have a itchy butt, they just scoot their ass across your carpet or rugs...:eek:

good luck trying to give a cat a bath...wear a suit of amour...

:cheers2:

Mr. P
07-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Two Persians and the both get shaved once a yr.

As far as a bath yep..Be careful hear and be fast.

1. Drop em in the toilet and slam the lid tight.

2. Sit on the lid and flush several times according to how dirty they are.

3. With a long stick open the lid and RUN LIKE HELL!!!!

Good Luck. :thumb:

stephanie
07-31-2009, 02:13 PM

Oh my...
:lmao:

Creek
07-31-2009, 02:16 PM

Ya know..that aint a bad idea...LOL..:)

But in my case it would be just droping her down the poop-shoot,and that thought has crossed my mind...Hahahahaha..:)

I'd only let her out if she catches that misquito that's down in the hole..that bit my butt cheeks last week..Oooh man..:)

Hahahahahaha..:)

Creek
07-31-2009, 02:21 PM
that's one reason I've always like short haired cats...

the shedding doesn't seem as bad, caring for coat is easier, and definitely no turds hanging off the long hair around the butt...
most cats usually clean, or when they have a itchy butt, they just scoot their ass across your carpet or rugs...:eek:

good luck trying to give a cat a bath...wear a suit of amour...

:cheers2:

I wish there was something I could spray on her bottoms that would dissolve it...:)

Think I'm gona use a sissors..and get a spray bottle with some warm water...and just mist it.

It can't get any worse I guess....:)

Might go the keeping her of the couch route...Keeping her off of them will be a task also...auuugh.

:)

-Cp
07-31-2009, 02:25 PM
I'd love to take our cat for a long walk on a short dock.... throw her ass in a swift-moving river! :P

stephanie
07-31-2009, 02:31 PM
I'd love to take our cat for a long walk on a short dock.... throw her ass in a swift-moving river! :P

you love it that much, huh..:laugh2:

crin63
07-31-2009, 03:03 PM
I have a surefire way to give a cat/kitten a bath. 1st fill the tube with soapy water, 2nd get the cat chasing a string until its at a frenzied level of play, 3rd have the cat chase the string into the bathroom and put it over the tub. As the cat lunges for the string close the shower door behind it. It will be fully bathed after the thrashing around trying to get out. Its also allot of fun for the person with the string. :salute:

cat slave
08-03-2009, 12:45 AM
I would suggest getting an inexpensive set of clippers....Dollar Gen has some
Conair for $10 that work great on cat hair.....just clip her bottom so theres
not so much hair to catch stuff.

LH cats are a real challenge!!!!

Mr. P
08-03-2009, 01:01 AM
I would suggest getting an inexpensive set of clippers....Dollar Gen has some
Conair for $10 that work great on cat hair.....just clip her bottom so theres
not so much hair to catch stuff.

LH cats are a real challenge!!!!

:laugh2: A bath is dangerous...try an shave a cats ass at home....insane!:laugh2:

cat slave
08-04-2009, 09:21 PM
No, no, no.....just clip its behind. Its not dangerous or anything but
effective.

All you need to do is put it on a slick surface to get the upper hand, have
someone else "scruff" it and hold to its tail with one hand and clip with the
other. Its easy!!!!

Unless its feral it wont give you much trouble at all.

Mr. P
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
No, no, no.....just clip its behind. Its not dangerous or anything but
effective.

All you need to do is put it on a slick surface to get the upper hand, have
someone else "scruff" it and hold to its tail with one hand and clip with the
other. Its easy!!!!

Unless its feral it wont give you much trouble at all.

HA!!! You never met Annabelle the Persian Princes!!! :laugh2:

She goes to a groomer..I don't know what they do but they get it done.
Works for me.

cat slave
08-04-2009, 09:32 PM
LOL! A groomer works too!!!!

Creek
08-05-2009, 10:42 AM
LOL! A groomer works too!!!!

That's what I'm gona do..is cut her hair on her bottom.She's not afraid of the scissors because I cut big clumps of knotted here outa her,and she likes those clumps to be gone.

I'm sure she don't like smelling the way she does either...:)

Also my couches are off limits to her now...That cat hair,and now this odor would do them in,if a person don't take action..

I think that's a good idea..and I can practice my hair cutting skills..She aint gona get the shampoo & blow dry....just a haircut in all the right places..:)

cat slave
08-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Haha.....everyone will be happier and she will be more....fragrant.. to be around.
A win win for all.:)

Creek
08-07-2009, 10:32 PM
With her shedding hair like crazy..and now this smell ordeal I wanted to be rid of her.I don't feel bad about saying that..because nobody should go thru living in a house that smells like a piss full cat box etc...This just started a week ago.

In the couches..on the floor...The smell is totaly not healthy....Yes..I can rid the odor,and clean the place back up to par etc.

We called the vet,and I knew it was a possible bladder...or whatever kinda infection etc....So we're bringing her in Monday to get this ordeal over with.

I've also been sick myself the last week,and realizing it's the cat's urine odor...Breathing this smell in etc...Since the day it started.I felt like on the verge of a serious flu about to start..Headaches..naucious...and a very slight fever etc...I've felt like shit the last week,and it started at the same time the cat odor crap happened.

The smell of cat piss can get a person sick...and it's a tell tale sign when a cat constantly cleans itself in the crotch,that it's got some kinda bladder..kidney infection etc..Especialy when she smells like a soak pissed rag.

So hopefuly when we bring her in they'll do the tests,give her a medication...shave & wash her crotch..and she'll be good to go.

They say a cat has what?...9 lives?...This was,and is only gona be her 2nd time here.....A family of pigs would be easier to have in the house..than this hairball...auuugh.

red states rule
08-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't have a problem with her smelling per say...But when she gets on the couches,and contantly washes her butt on the carpet below the coffee table it causes an issue...(yuck).

I keep her outa the bedroom though..and now worry that it'll be a pain in the arse teaching her to stay off the couches,due to the fact she's been using them for her bed for well over a year now.

She's a hairy Himalayan with more turds & the yellow stuff hanging from the back of her arse..than what's in the cat box.

This just started a week ago..so it hasn't ever been a problem.

Does anyone here shave there cats arse...or bath them??

I sometimes give one of my cats a bath for the same reason. I use the shampoo and while it is a struggle - I get her cleaned up though

As far as keeping the cat off the furniture - good luck

I learned early that while dogs have owners - cats have staff

Creek
08-07-2009, 11:09 PM
I sometimes give one of my cats a bath for the same reason. I use the shampoo and while it is a struggle - I get her cleaned up though

Well..I know you're very determined..:)

I'm sure you could teach them to stay off your couches...with just 10% of the Republican effort you show here if each slap meant a vote in your favor..:)

Hahahaha....Just joking around..No offence Red States Rules.

red states rule
08-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Well..I know you're very determined..:)

I'm sure you could teach them to stay off your couches...with just 10% of the Republican effort you show here if each slap meant a vote in your favor..:)

Hahahaha....Just joking around..No offence Red States Rules.

Not a chance. My cats have me housebroke and they do pretty much as they damn well please

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3357/3659987568_b92eb12648.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3374/3659188763_bf89c40b4f.jpg

cat slave
08-08-2009, 04:15 PM

LOL....youve got that right! Thats what makes them so interesting...on
our best days we might be their peers...the rest of the time we are useless!
:laugh2:

Creek, she is a member of your family! A stinky member apparently but
you can find out what is wrong and what needs to be done and all can
live happily thereafter.

Ruling out a bladder infection is exactly the right thing to do. If thats ok
then it is behavioral or maybe a physical grooming problem that is more
than she can handle...which can be addressed for the benefit of all in
the household.

I assume that she is spayed.

Maybe a cat run could be of use if it is a behavioral issue. Ive got a
friend/x pet sitting client and an adopter of two kittens a couple of years
ago. For some reason Clyde started spraying, and spraying and spraying.
Their pets are always for life so they tried everything till they got down
the list to a pet door opening into a cat run right outside the house.
Clyde is the purrfect little gentleman now, comes in and never sprays
but has the option to be outside in a safe area which seems to have
completely solved the problem.

Never give up, ever. Where there is a will there is a way.

cat slave
08-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Not a chance. My cats have me housebroke and they do pretty much as they damn well please

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3357/3659987568_b92eb12648.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3374/3659188763_bf89c40b4f.jpg

Oh, how sweet! And they have you appropriately trained!! Good job.
Its good that we know our place in the scheme of things.:laugh2:

Mr. P
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Cats are good for violin strings..that's about it.

cat slave
08-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Gasp!!!! Thats bad!!!!! Shame, shame!:laugh2:

cat slave
08-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Creek, how is the kitty?????

glockmail
08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
1. Clip its claws.
2. Change into your battle fatigues. Or, jeans, a long sleeve flannel shirt, fully buttoned, then a thick sweat shirt.
3. Fill up the bathtub 4" deep with warm water.
4. Get rid of the shower curtain and your wife's entire collection of shampoos, bath bars, brushes, razors, conditioners, and all those other unknown bottles that don't say "shampoo" on them. Don't uses a tub with sliding glass doors.
5. Position a thick bath mat for your knees.
6. Have everything else ready and in position: pet shampoo, large bath towel, washcloth, large plastic drink cup, and a friend who follows orders without talking back and doesn't mind getting wet.
7. Go find the cat, carry it close to the body and grab the head firmly with your free hand.
8. All three of you get into the bathroom and lock the door.
9. Grab the back of the cat's neck with one hand and the two front legs with the other. Firm, authoritative grip.
10. Put the cat in the water, ass on the bottom of the tub. Time will now speed up.
11. Have your friend do all the washing; you do all the holding. Tell your friend and the cat what do do in an authoritative voice- do not panic or yell. Get the cat wet first by splashing water, using the drink cup. Then apply soap, and massage it in. Use the washcloth to clean its face and ears.
12. Pre-rinse with the cup and bath water, then open the drain. Get more water from the sink and do a final rinse.
13. Squeeze water off the cat's coat then transfer it to the bath towel, encasing it completely with the head sticking out.
14. Dry the cat through the towel for a minute or so while time slowly gets back to normal pace.
15. Let the cat out of the towel, then unlock the bathroom and let it out.

emmett
08-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Glock.......

That #8 is hilarious man. "Lock the door". LOL LOL ROFLMAO

glockmail
08-13-2009, 08:34 AM
I've had one grab a lever handle and escape. :laugh2:

cat slave
08-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Well, my drama of late is that I decided that I couldnt handle the abundant
long white hair of one of my house kitties and my daughter and I got her in
the bathroom with a pair of clippers. It was a battle which we HAD to win
and did. We are unscathed and she is minus about 80% of her downy,
long hair.

LOL...you should have seen the other cats and their concerned, wide
eyes!!! One of them kept coming over and trying to reassure the "victim".
Wasnt that sweet!!! Cats rock! And rule.:laugh2: To a point of course.

cat slave
08-14-2009, 03:06 AM
I've had one grab a lever handle and escape. :laugh2:

LOL...yeah, they will grab anything...your face, whatever! Earring...wall...
curtain.....

glockmail
08-14-2009, 09:02 AM
LOL...yeah, they will grab anything...your face, whatever! Earring...wall...
curtain..... I gave one a bath in an unfinished basement and had to pull him off the ceiling joists. :laugh2:

That particular cat was the best one that I've ever had and ever will have. He was wonderful with the kids, loved to be petted and brushed, killed every mouse in my house, wood shed and barn, ruled over the big dogs next door, delivered a headless snake to my door and an unharmed frog (from a pond 1/2 mile away) to my hand, and survived a bout with a fan belt after sleeping in the engine bay of my truck.

red states rule
08-14-2009, 09:07 AM
I gave one a bath in an unfinished basement and had to pull him off the ceiling joists. :laugh2:

That particular cat was the best one that I've ever had and ever will have. He was wonderful with the kids, loved to be petted and brushed, killed every mouse in my house, wood shed and barn, ruled over the big dogs next door, delivered a headless snake to my door and an unharmed frog (from a pond 1/2 mile away) to my hand, and survived a bout with a fan belt after sleeping in the engine bay of my truck.

When I first found Herbie, he took it very well

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/2711210764_6cebeb6829.jpg

Now I am not so sure how he would react

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3350/3273921145_270144a379.jpg

glockmail
08-14-2009, 12:57 PM
When I first found Herbie, he took it very well... That looks just like the cat I was describing: "Cinders". He had three hairs that were not black.

cat slave
08-17-2009, 11:15 PM
1. Clip its claws.
2. Change into your battle fatigues. Or, jeans, a long sleeve flannel shirt, fully buttoned, then a thick sweat shirt.
3. Fill up the bathtub 4" deep with warm water.
4. Get rid of the shower curtain and your wife's entire collection of shampoos, bath bars, brushes, razors, conditioners, and all those other unknown bottles that don't say "shampoo" on them. Don't uses a tub with sliding glass doors.
5. Position a thick bath mat for your knees.
6. Have everything else ready and in position: pet shampoo, large bath towel, washcloth, large plastic drink cup, and a friend who follows orders without talking back and doesn't mind getting wet.
7. Go find the cat, carry it close to the body and grab the head firmly with your free hand.
8. All three of you get into the bathroom and lock the door.
9. Grab the back of the cat's neck with one hand and the two front legs with the other. Firm, authoritative grip.
10. Put the cat in the water, ass on the bottom of the tub. Time will now speed up.
11. Have your friend do all the washing; you do all the holding. Tell your friend and the cat what do do in an authoritative voice- do not panic or yell. Get the cat wet first by splashing water, using the drink cup. Then apply soap, and massage it in. Use the washcloth to clean its face and ears.
12. Pre-rinse with the cup and bath water, then open the drain. Get more water from the sink and do a final rinse.
13. Squeeze water off the cat's coat then transfer it to the bath towel, encasing it completely with the head sticking out.
14. Dry the cat through the towel for a minute or so while time slowly gets back to normal pace.
15. Let the cat out of the towel, then unlock the bathroom and let it out.

Absolutely priceless!:clap:

HayesJr
10-27-2009, 09:52 AM
One of the most difficult things to do! Cats are not fond of being wet and can get very aggitated when forced to get a bath!

red states rule
10-27-2009, 09:58 AM
One of the most difficult things to do! Cats are not fond of being wet and can get very aggitated when forced to get a bath!

Mine also get very aggitated when the food bowl is near empty. or when I bring out the vacume to clean the carpets