PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Cars

Kathianne
07-31-2009, 05:40 PM
This topic was brought up in another thread. I'm wondering, how many here would buy a GM or Chrysler now that 'we' own them? Me? I'd buy a Ford, but not one of the bailout company.

MtnBiker
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
My family already owns 2 gmc vehicles, but will likely not buy another in the future, the uaw has already recieved enough of my money.

hjmick
07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, since my '04 Pontiac is paid off, and since my '07 FJ is paid off, I have no immediate plans to buy another vehicle. That said, I would buy a Ford before I bought a Chrysler or a GM. But I would buy another Toyota before I would buy a Ford. I would also look at Honda before a Ford.

Kathianne
07-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, since my '04 Pontiac is paid off, and since my '07 FJ is paid off, I have no immediate plans to buy another vehicle. That said, I would buy a Ford before I bought a Chrysler or a GM. But I would buy another Toyota before I would buy a Ford. I would also look at Honda before a Ford.

I currently own a Mazda 6, but will be looking in the next year or so...

I'll try to go Ford, but may well go Kia, as finances are a problem.

crin63
07-31-2009, 06:34 PM
After owning exclusively domestic cars for the last 20 years I bought 2 Toyota's in 2007. I'm buying a Honda today. I want the most for my money.

Gaffer
07-31-2009, 06:37 PM
But Kath you left out "none of the above".

I have a 92 S-10. I paid cash for it. I have no intention of ever buying from a car lot again. I prefer saving up for what I intend to get and buying it for cash. It's just my small effort to help out as an enemy of the state. Buy used, buy private. The junkyard is your friend.

hjmick
07-31-2009, 06:44 PM

I have a 92 S-10. I paid cash for it. I have no intention of ever buying from a car lot again. I prefer saving up for what I intend to get and buying it for cash. It's just my small effort to help out as an enemy of the state. Buy used, buy private. The junkyard is your friend.

Yeah, but from what I hear, you're prone to hallucinations so for all I know you could have imagined all that. :laugh2:

Trinity
07-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah, but from what I hear, you're prone to hallucinations so for all I know you could have imagined all that. :laugh2:

ROFLMAO :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Trinity
07-31-2009, 06:50 PM

Have to agree here, I am tired of paying over inflated prices to some imbecile now government run.

Kathianne
07-31-2009, 06:51 PM

Got to refer you to hjmick's post. ROFLMAO! C'mon, got to admit that's funny!

5stringJeff
07-31-2009, 06:51 PM
You left off "I will never buy a GM or Chrysler product for as long as they are government owned." That's my vote.

Gaffer
07-31-2009, 07:00 PM

Kudos to you sir. Definitely got a loud laugh out of me for that one.

I'm also prone to making predictions that come true.

Gaffer
07-31-2009, 07:01 PM

I gotta spread the rep around.

Kathianne
07-31-2009, 07:07 PM
You left off "I will never buy a GM or Chrysler product for as long as they are government owned." That's my vote.

Mine too! If GOP runs Palin in 2012, I'll vote Libertarian even if they put up a klucker.

namvet
08-02-2009, 10:57 AM
isn't the klunkers in DC ????

mundame
08-02-2009, 11:48 AM
We bought me another car two weeks ago --- my old Taurus needed brakes AND a muffler system, so the Time Had Come.

I got a used Volvo. It's the first foreign car (indeed, the first non-Ford) I have ever bought.

Also hubby bought a Volvo last year, and that's his first foreign car.

I gather Ford now owns Volvo, but still. The American car thing had just gotten way, way too weird for me. We thought briefly about a Pontiac or a Buick or something, but then thought....naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

It's really all just too weird.