PDA

View Full Version : New path in life

AFbombloader
08-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Well, the retirement from the Air Force is going great, but the job search sucks. I was told I was overqualified by numerous companies. And not given the chance to show what I can bring to them by many more. So my wife and I decided it may be time for me to get into school. So I have enrolled into college full time. With the Post 9/11 GI Bill I should be able to go to school full time and not worry about getting a job.

I am going to school for mathematics teaching, high school. My schedule doesn't look too bad for the first semester. I have a few classes I need to take to get into the classes I need, prerequisites. The one class I think I am most looking forward to is the Intro to American Politics. I hope the instructor is open minded, and I hope I am too!

Say a prayer for me and my family if that is what you do, cross your fingers if you don't. I will try and keep everyone here updated.

AF:salute:

Kathianne
08-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Well, the retirement from the Air Force is going great, but the job search sucks. I was told I was overqualified by numerous companies. And not given the chance to show what I can bring to them by many more. So my wife and I decided it may be time for me to get into school. So I have enrolled into college full time. With the Post 9/11 GI Bill I should be able to go to school full time and not worry about getting a job.

I am going to school for mathematics teaching, high school. My schedule doesn't look too bad for the first semester. I have a few classes I need to take to get into the classes I need, prerequisites. The one class I think I am most looking forward to is the Intro to American Politics. I hope the instructor is open minded, and I hope I am too!

Say a prayer for me and my family if that is what you do, cross your fingers if you don't. I will try and keep everyone here updated.

AF:salute:

Sounds like a solid plan. Just a suggestion, you might wish to pick up a minor in science, as that will get you the endorsement you need to teach that too in high school-good way to be nearly guaranteed a job.

Nukeman
08-03-2009, 09:00 AM
I dunno I still think you "need a hircut and a real job" :cheers2:

actually, good luck and maybe you can teach my crazy younger ones!

AFbombloader
08-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Sounds like a solid plan. Just a suggestion, you might wish to pick up a minor in science, as that will get you the endorsement you need to teach that too in high school-good way to be nearly guaranteed a job.

I thought about that, but I really want to get a secondary endorsement in history. The schools do not teach enough real history. I will look into how much more work getting a science endorsement will be.

jackass
08-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Good luck to you!! :beer:

08-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Ive been pondering my path in life myself, not so much in career as just about everything else about my life. I wish you luck in your change. Just make sure you guys do whats right for you.