PDA

View Full Version : Woman drags kid through Verizon Store

-Cp
08-03-2009, 01:37 PM
LOL!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PtMRddAIHx0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PtMRddAIHx0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So it's not your typical Sunday when you see a child, almost motionless, being dragged on a leash through a Verizon store. That's exactly what store employees and other shoppers witnessed in a Verizon Wireless store located in Rome, Alabama. The video clearly shows how the woman, Melissa Catherine Smith-Means, aimlessly drags the child across the store. The child had visible marks on his neck from the backpack leash attached to him. Police authorities arrived around 12:30 PM and charged the 37 year old woman for first degree cruelty to children. She currently remains in jail without bail for the incident. It's just shocking to see a grown adult treat a young child like that – especially in a public place.

-Cp
08-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Sorry.. that above caption isn't mine.... but... the last statement is off the mark and clearly from a liberal...

Gaffer
08-03-2009, 06:37 PM
"Especially in a public place"? Does that mean the writer would condone this shit if it was in a private area? Where do these people get their journalism schooling?

chesswarsnow
08-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. This women just gave up her freedom, and child with that.
2. Shes got to be dumb as a rock.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

-Cp
08-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. This women just gave up her freedom, and child with that.
2. Shes got to be dumb as a rock.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. We don't know what led up to that.
2. Maybe the kid enjoyed it - some kids that age like those sort of "rides".
3. Don't you think if he had hated it he would've been kicking and screaming?

chesswarsnow
08-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. I don't know man, he may have had a head injury or something.
2. You can bet your bottom dollar she just lost that kid.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

9/12er
08-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry bout that,

The fact that there are clear marks on the child's neck should show that this is probably not something that he enjoyed. Now, as a mother of a 2 year old boy, I truly do understand that he may have enjoyed the ride anyway, even though it hurt. That definitely does not mean it's right. My son likes to do nose-dives off the couch, but I don't just let him. I like his neck intact, because I'm a good mom.

Also, towards the end of the video, she rounds the corner, and not once does she even glimpse back to see if she's run her child into a wall by not taking the turn wide enough.

She deserves what she gets.

-Cp
08-04-2009, 01:34 AM
The fact that there are clear marks on the child's neck should show that this is probably not something that he enjoyed. Now, as a mother of a 2 year old boy, I truly do understand that he may have enjoyed the ride anyway, even though it hurt. That definitely does not mean it's right. My son likes to do nose-dives off the couch, but I don't just let him. I like his neck intact, because I'm a good mom.

Also, towards the end of the video, she rounds the corner, and not once does she even glimpse back to see if she's run her child into a wall by not taking the turn wide enough.

She deserves what she gets.

It said the marks were from his backpack.. kids get marks all the time.. .from rough-housin'... no biggie...

cause her child is a brat... that's why she didn't look back :P

glockmail
08-04-2009, 06:55 AM

Also, towards the end of the video, she rounds the corner, and not once does she even glimpse back to see if she's run her child into a wall by not taking the turn wide enough. .... Bingo- that's clear evidence of abuse.

emmett
08-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Yo Mom...speed up!

chesswarsnow
08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you don't put a kid on a leash.
2. That alone gets you in jail folks.
3. The dragging is excessive, she had to be steaming mad.
4. She screwed up big time!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

-Cp
08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But you don't put a kid on a leash.
2. That alone gets you in jail folks.
3. The dragging is excessive, she had to be steaming mad.
4. She screwed up big time!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. They DO make kiddie leashes
2. Last I checked, there were no laws against it
3. Some kids NEED to be leashed
4. The kid may have asked for it - looked to me like he was digging it...
5. Stop being such a ninny - this was a hilarious video! :)

crin63
08-04-2009, 11:51 AM
If the kid had gotten the discipline (swats) he needed previously there would have been no need for a leash. The mother should be charged with cruelty for not swatting that kid when he needed it, now that's cruelty!

-Cp
08-04-2009, 11:54 AM
If the kid had gotten the discipline (swats) he needed previously there would have been no need for a leash. The mother should be charged with cruelty for not swatting that kid when he needed it, now that's cruelty!

Totally! But I still stand that the kid asked for that ride and was having fun as there were no signs from his actions that point to the contrary..

crin63
08-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Totally! But I still stand that the kid asked for that ride and was having fun as there were no signs from his actions that point to the contrary..

I know I would've been digging the ride at that age.

darin
08-04-2009, 02:41 PM
she could have avoided all of this if she'd just love her kid enough to beat him when they are home.

Mr. P
08-04-2009, 03:12 PM
she could have avoided all of this if she'd just love her kid enough to beat him when they are home.

Yeah, that's what CP is drivin at too..but leave makes and ya still go to jail..which IMO is how it should be. Discipline, yes..beating nope.

-Cp
08-04-2009, 03:39 PM

Again, we don't know the full story - for all we know, the kid requesting to be drug around..

Mr. P
08-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Again, we don't know the full story - for all we know, the kid requesting to be drug around..

You're right CP, we don't know the whole story. But, do you know any "responsible" parent that would drag their kid around a mall on a leash? I don't.