PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Nut Outraged Fox News On Hotel TV

red states rule
08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
This poor liberal is desperatly pleading for talking points that make sense since Fox News is by far the most popular Cable News network.

Only a liberal would make such a fuss over something so minor.

Fox News at my hotel - - please help w/ suggestions and examples
by Morgan in Austin
Share this on Twitter - Fox News at my hotel - - please help w/ suggestions and examples Mon Aug 03, 2009 at 06:39:21 AM PDT
I noticed Fox News on the telly at my hotel lobby. I asked them to change it to "anything but Fox News, because Fox News lies, in the sense of genuine intentional untruths." The desk clerk told me that hotel guests are welcome to change the channel while they're in the lobby, but once they go the clerk is required to put it back on Fox.

I told the clerk about the episode where Fox was sued for lying on TV, and they beat the rap by claiming a First Amendment right to lie whenever they darn well pleased. And I amused her with the story where they took a video of Obama reading a question-from-the-audience on European-style health care, and they snipped it to make it appear that Obama was stating the questioner's opinion as his own.

Fox News was on the telly in the breakfast room. I changed the channel.

Morgan in Austin's diary :: :: The breakfast attendant asked me in mid-scrambled-egg whether I was watching, because she was instructed to keep it on Fox at all times unless a particular guest wanted to watch something else. She also said CNN was specifically forbidden. (Maybe because of Lou Dobbs?)

I told the breakfast attendant that Fox lies, and she said she knew that TV news was worthless. You're right, says I, the best way to be informed starts with turning the TV off. Before I continued, she said she hated newspapers too because they were full of bad things, so all she does is "live day to day and pray". At that point I felt that she might be beyond my eloquent powers of persuasion. ("Yes, ma'am, and would you also be willing to call your congressman to state your insistence on single payer?")

I'm not ready to pack up and walk out, because my daughter likes the swimming pool.

I will communicate with the hotel management in writing, explaining that this practice will lose my repeat business (this is the second time I've stayed in this city, and repeat business is a credible prospect). This I could do after leaving or while still here.

I could also ask to speak with the manager on duty. Presumably the policy comes from higher up and the manager is powerless to do anything other than communicate my discomfort to his boss at their next meeting; on the other hand, I suppose the more I engage the better.

I would like from the community:

1.Advice on the best ways to communicate and engage
2.Top ten specific (and easy-to-retell) examples of Fox deliberately, blatantly lying. (I have seen these but I do my best to forget the horror right afterwards).
I don't think I want to pursue points such as: - Fox is biased (I wouldn't really mind if there was a biased channel broadcasting actual news from a right or left POV) - Fox endorses racism and hate speech (a much more complicated case to prove; complication makes people afraid, thus defensive; at which point they stop listening)

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/8/3/761245/-Fox-News-at-my-hotelplease-help-wsuggestions-and-examples

stephanie
08-03-2009, 01:56 PM
sounds like someone from over at dailykos or the duunderground..

I mean really...I can't stand Cnn being on everywhere so of course I just do the most sensible thing...........I tune them out...:laugh2:

red states rule
08-03-2009, 02:00 PM
sounds like someone from over at dailykos or the duunderground..

I mean really...I can't stand Cnn being on everywhere so of course I just do the most sensible thing...........I tune them out...:laugh2:

Man liberals crack me up.

They go nuts at the idea of ANY outlet that does not endorse and support Obama, his policies, and the Democrats

And they still tell us they are so tolerant :laugh2:

stephanie
08-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Man liberals crack me up.

They go nuts at the idea of ANY outlet that does not endorse and support Obama, his policies, and the Democrats

And they still tell us they are so tolerant :laugh2:

you should read some of the stories about this at Du..
they actually say they will change their doctors if they don't take Fox off the t.v...or never shop in a certain store again because they have Fox on..

I mean, really..:laugh2:

red states rule
08-03-2009, 03:40 PM
you should read some of the stories about this at Du..
they actually say they will change their doctors if they don't take Fox off the t.v...or never shop in a certain store again because they have Fox on..

I mean, really..:laugh2:

If these libs ever had to deal with a real crisis his little head would explode :laugh2:

I'm sure the hotel (and those Doctor offices) are going go all out to make sure they don't miss a possible future stay from these people. Their whole business depends on them I'm sure.

stephanie
08-03-2009, 03:45 PM
If these libs ever had to deal with a real crisis his little head would explode :laugh2:

I'm sure the hotel (and those Doctor offices) are going go all out to make sure they don't miss a possible future stay from these people. Their whole business depends on them I'm sure.

probably 10 people had to pool their money just to stay in one room...
so yeah, the hotel is going to bow, I'm sure..

red states rule
08-03-2009, 03:50 PM
probably 10 people had to pool their money just to stay in one room...
so yeah, the hotel is going to bow, I'm sure..

Why is it that the world must bend to the will of liberals?

Every time they do not get their way, (in this case their choice of news), they manufacture some way in which to feel victimized.

Poor little babies - and they really expect the rest of us to take them seriously

Little-Acorn
08-03-2009, 04:14 PM
The breakfast attendant asked me in mid-scrambled-egg whether I was watching, because she was instructed to keep it on Fox at all times unless a particular guest wanted to watch something else. She also said CNN was specifically forbidden.
Only one thing is missing fromthis story: The name and address of the hotel.

What are they? I want them. That hotel will go right to the top of my list of "best places to stay".

I'm not ready to pack up and walk out, because my daughter likes the swimming pool.
Note to hotel manager: Please turn up the volume, just for this person's benefit. Maybe you can get him to change his mind. A win-win all around.

red states rule
08-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Only one thing is missing fromthis story: The name and address of the hotel.

What are they? I want them. That hotel will go right to the top of my list of "best places to stay".

Note to hotel manager: Please turn up the volume, just for this person's benefit. Maybe you can get him to change his mind. A win-win all around.

Kinda like being stuck in an airport while CNN blares on all the TV's. Sucks - but get over it!