PDA

View Full Version : *Anyone Have Any Knowledge In Apartment Building?*

chesswarsnow
08-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I have an idea to build a small apartment building, perhaps 16 units.
2. I own 1.65 acres of beautiful land, wirh some wonderful trees, perhaps 200 year old oaks, a real hum dinger park setting of a place.
3. Any ideas here?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
08-03-2009, 07:26 PM
and we should be paying for your health care, why?

chesswarsnow
08-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry bout that,

and we should be paying for your health care, why?

1. Do try to stay on topic.
2. I don't think the new improved healthcare system is free.
3. But at the same time I won't be refused for high blood pressure, on the *Public Option*.
4. Like what is happeneing now.
5. I will take this attack as if you know nothing of land development.
6. There will also be a mandate that I pay for it, didn't you hear yet?
7. Or be fined on my taxes.
8. Doesn't sound like *YOU*, will be paying for my famlies healthcare..

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I have an idea to build a small apartment building, perhaps 16 units.
2. I own 1.65 acres of beautiful land, wirh some wonderful trees, perhaps 200 year old oaks, a real hum dinger park setting of a place.
3. Any ideas here?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why would you "take paradise and put up a parking lot"?

Kathianne
08-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Do try to stay on topic.
2. I don't think the new improved healthcare system is free.
3. But at the same time I won't be refused for high blood pressure, on the *Public Option*.
4. Like what is happeneing now.
5. I will take this attack as if you know nothing of land development.
6. There will also be a mandate that I pay for it, didn't you hear yet?
7. Or be fined on my taxes.
8. Doesn't sound like *YOU*, will be paying for my famlies healthcare..

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry about that, none of us post in a vacume (sic). Thus, your bellyaching about not being able to afford health care, that we should all be paying for you, is open game. You already own property, now looking to build, improve, and enrich off of it. Good deal, as long as I'm not subsidizing by health care. Pay your own way.

emmett
08-03-2009, 08:50 PM
I am absolutely just totally lost on this one.

James, do I understand you correctly? You want people to pay for your Health care but you want to invest probably borrowed money in land development?

Help me here.....do I have this right? I may just be out in left field. If so, please feel free to straighten me out on it. Otherwise....here is my idea. After you build those apartments, move in some losers with no jobs and provide their housing so I don;t have to. That would be great.

Kathianne
08-03-2009, 09:07 PM

James, do I understand you correctly? You want people to pay for your Health care but you want to invest probably borrowed money in land development?

Help me here.....do I have this right? I may just be out in left field. If so, please feel free to straighten me out on it. Otherwise....here is my idea. After you build those apartments, move in some losers with no jobs and provide their housing so I don;t have to. That would be great.

He's spent more than a few posts explaining that a universal health plan is right, because he and 'many others' cannot afford what's offered, under any circumstances.

Now he posts that he's already in position of property to make money off of, yet not quick enough?

PostmodernProphet
08-03-2009, 09:30 PM
what are the zoning requirements.....most communities have density requirements.....can you put up 16 units on only 1.6 acres?.....can you put up apartments at all or are you in an R1 zoned district....

is there a need for more rentals in your community?....what is the current vacancy rate in the apartments already there?....

chesswarsnow
08-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Ofcourse this is all about you, and how you will be paying for me.
2. I think you people need to try and understand something.
3. Not everyone has a sweet deal with a school system, that affords them free health care, no matter whats wrong with you.
4. And not that it matters, but just that you know, for the umpthteenth time, I have pre-exsisting health concerns, I can not get health insurance.
5. Do you have to read this like five hundred times before you say, "oh"?:poke:
6. I can not get health insurance.
7. Did that sink in that time?
8. Need I say it again?
9. I won't mind, but if you're that dense, I feel for you.
10. Look, start a rant how I want free health care, in another thread, stay on topic here.
11. If you don't have an idea on how to land develope, this thread isn't for you.
12. Anyways, why don't you ask me again, why I want you to pay for my insurance?:laugh2:
13. Also is it so hard for you to understand that it won't be free, it will have premiums, for which I will be required *By Law* to pay, or get fined on my taxes each year, so whats free about it, and why do you think you will be paying, for my insurance, do you pay already for some ones insurance?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. You are having a comprehension problem as well.
2. I have some exsisting health issues, and I can NOT, get insurance, capeach?,....hehehehehe,......
3. Humm,...I will have to think about moving poor people into them, It would be a nice thing to do.
4. It would be the nicest thing I ever did.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Sorry bout that,

what are the zoning requirements.....most communities have density requirements.....can you put up 16 units on only 1.6 acres?.....can you put up apartments at all or are you in an R1 zoned district....

is there a need for more rentals in your community?....what is the current vacancy rate in the apartments already there?....

1. Heres some one who has a mind for progress!
2. Welcome to my thread!
3. Its zoned single family or duplexs right not.
4. But the city zoning department, says it doesn't conflict with the, *Comprehensive Plan*, to re-zone it to R-1.
5. Is R-1 apartments, I thought that was townhomes/condos.
6. I don't want to sell them, I want to lease them, perhaps three year leases.
7. I think it would need to go Multi-Family, in order to be apartments.
8. Not sure what zoning that is.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
08-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. You are having a comprehension problem as well.
2. I have some exsisting health issues, and I can NOT, get insurance, capeach?,....hehehehehe,......
3. Humm,...I will have to think about moving poor people into them, It would be a nice thing to do.
4. It would be the nicest thing I ever did.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

YES! Then you can get section 8 rent and suck some more from the public. :thumb:

chesswarsnow
08-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

YES! Then you can get section 8 rent and suck some more from the public. :thumb:

1. Oh I thought you were saying, just move em in for free.
2. I guess you've decided to change that for me???
3. Hehehehe,......:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

Why would you "take paradise and put up a parking lot"?

1. Joni Mitchel, cerca 1974.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
08-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Joni Mitchel, cerca 1974.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yes, so why would you do it?

chesswarsnow
08-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Sorry bout that,

Yes, so why would you do it?

1. Why does any body build housing?
2. In order to provide shelter.
3. Also to increase a persons net worth.
4. Land is for human usage, its been given to man, to do something with it.
5. Although I bought and paid for this land.
6. This land looks like a park, but isn't, it has rare trees, which adds tremedously to the property.
7. But who better than humans, can enjoy it better in sprinkling apartments on it?
8. You think this land shouldn't be put to use?
9. Why ?
10. Is a better question to ask you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

PostmodernProphet
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Heres some one who has a mind for progress!
2. Welcome to my thread!
3. Its zoned single family or duplexs right not.
4. But the city zoning department, says it doesn't conflict with the, *Comprehensive Plan*, to re-zone it to R-1.
5. Is R-1 apartments, I thought that was townhomes/condos.
6. I don't want to sell them, I want to lease them, perhaps three year leases.
7. I think it would need to go Multi-Family, in order to be apartments.
8. Not sure what zoning that is.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

usually R1 is single family only, multifamily is quite often called R-3....I would be surprised if they would let you put 16 units up if you are in the middle of a single family/duplex zone....

chesswarsnow
08-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

usually R1 is single family only, multifamily is quite often called R-3....I would be surprised if they would let you put 16 units up if you are in the middle of a single family/duplex zone....

1. I may need some zoning change pointers.
2. Am going to meet the city consel of that distrist the 10th of Aug.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
08-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Why does any body build housing?
2. In order to provide shelter.
3. Also to increase a persons net worth.
4. Land is for human usage, its been given to man, to do something with it.
5. Although I bought and paid for this land.
6. This land looks like a park, but isn't, it has rare trees, which adds tremedously to the property.
7. But who better than humans, can enjoy it better in sprinkling apartments on it?
8. You think this land shouldn't be put to use?
9. Why ?
10. Is a better question to ask you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Make it a park. You'll lose the trees building apartments unless yer willing to spend big bucks on design to save em. Think underground utilities that will damage roots..water run-off from asphalt that will carry pollutants to the roots. Yeah, if ya love it's park likeness and rare trees..make it a park. You'll save big $$$$$. That qualifies as land use BTW.

emmett
08-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Lord knows there are not enough parks in the world