PDA

View Full Version : Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's, Laptops, and media devices

Trinity
08-04-2009, 04:40 PM
<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/f18_1249308394"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/f18_1249308394" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Gaffer
08-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Just another way to end run the Constitution and laws of this country. And go figure, no one has heard about this and the government isn't talking under the guise of national security. How's that transparency working these days?

A personal computer (PC) is just that. No one has a right to access it with out due process.

namvet
08-04-2009, 05:41 PM
think I covered this in clunkers

emmett
08-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Anybody surprised? The Party that fought for civil rights in the 60's has become the party that infringes upon them in the 21st century. LOL

namvet
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
not me. the power of the vote is history to.

gabosaurus
08-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Kind of reminds you of the "Patriot Act" doesn't it?

cat slave
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
True, except that "it" is not looking for suspicious chatter as in terrorist
activity or suspicious calls overseas to known terrorist countries.

See Glenn Beck Friday??? Know about the disclaimer on the cars.com/dealers
site? To accept terms it made your system the governments along with anything else they wanted, files etc.

Monday, seeing as someone noticed, they pulled the "terms" but never
discounted the intent or wording of the previous disclaimer. They will
just change the words and make it harder for people slow on the uptake
to notice.

Anyone who doesnt realize the precarious state our country is in and the
threat to our freedoms is swigging way too much Kool Aide.

08-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Kind of reminds you of the "Patriot Act" doesn't it?

Not at all.

namvet
08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2008/01/12/previews/Barack%20Obama-EKP-002379.jpg

began data transfer now

Little-Acorn
08-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Is there a video attached to this thread? I can't see it, damned firewall at work.

Does this law say that govt needs no warrant to search your PC, laptop etc.?

If it doesn't say that, then what's new about it? Govt can already search your computer(s) if they get a judge to issue a warrant for the search.

My apologies if the new law does say that. I can't see/hear whatever references are in the OP, just the title.

cat slave
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I saw it first on Glenn Beck, on Friday. The government would take over
information, your pc would become part of the government system.

On Monday the gov issued a statement saying that the site was removed
because the wording wasnt right! But of course, too obvious for the
average piece of "astro turf". Plain to the rest of us.

And while this was a dealers site the gov would take over, where is the
boundary to protect info on buyers systems????? Lets see this for what it
is.

sgtdmski
08-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Anybody surprised? The Party that fought for civil rights in the 60's has become the party that infringes upon them in the 21st century. LOL

Sorry but there you are wrong. The party that helped get civil rights passed in the 60's was the Republican party that at the time dominated in the North. It was Southern Democrats, who later became Dixiecrats and then some Republican that fought the hardest against civil rights. Including Al Gore Sr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmk