PDA

View Full Version : Russian Subs Patrolling Off East Coast

Creek
08-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Not that I'm alarmed..or should yourself be.Unless from your from the old Sputnik days wondering if history is repeating itself...:)

If we don't sit down at the table seriously..We could have a taffic jam of collisions..(politcal)...These subs do influence our foreign policy.

Gona be some serious chess pieces moved around in the next few months...to counter,or counter-react.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_russian_subs

cat slave
08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Subs off the coast could be just another aspect of the "global" everything.
Like in many other areas, this could be troublesome.

08-04-2009, 09:43 PM
They are also preparing to move back into Georgia...

emmett
08-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I think Barry is about to recieve that "test" Joe was referring to.

Mr. P
08-04-2009, 11:56 PM
I think Barry is about to recieve that "test" Joe was referring to.

This has been going on for many yrs. We do it too it's nothing new.

My question is why has this been reported now? Another diversion from the health care ram rod perhaps?

hjmick
08-05-2009, 12:00 AM
z_nGW7pWBDY

pXXGep9RB34

Nukeman
08-05-2009, 06:56 AM
This has been going on for many yrs. We do it too it's nothing new.

My question is why has this been reported now? Another diversion from the health care ram rod perhaps?
Gotta agree with P on here WE patrol all over the world. Why would we not expect the other navies of the world to patrol close to us. It is extremely self centered and egotistical of us to think we can look at everyone else but how dare they come close to our country

Gaffer
08-05-2009, 07:27 AM
I too have to ask, why is this news? It's gone on for decades. MAD still works where the russians are concerned. This has something to do with domestic issues. An attention getter.

hjmick
08-05-2009, 10:19 AM
They are also preparing to move back into Georgia...

They'll be turned back at Atlanta...

Creek
08-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I know this is nothing new..and we've been doing the same thing for how many decades now?..For a long time I'm sure of.

It just came as a shock..why now is this news,and being reported.

First off it said it's been several years since things like this happened when it came to the Russian Subs patrolling so close off our shores,and a U.S. Defence Official quoted "Any time the Russian Navy does something so out of the ordinary it is cause for worry,"

A Naval Historian said it's been about 15 years since they pulled a stunt like this etc..etc..etc..

It's so much not the subs off the coast..I feel the true meaning of this article is we're going back to the good old times with Russia...One way,or another they are gona try to be a major influence on our own politcal agenda.That's the message I get from this article.They did it in the 1950's,60's..and 70's..and are gona do so again.

The exercises Russia had with Venezuela were the first deployment of Russian ships to the Western Hemisphere since the Cold War,and this is just another of those incidences.

Maybe they feel like the best foreign policy with the U.S. is to lay the big guns out on the table..That's the message...That's influence,and if it's not...It then lays the foundation for a long & dangerous game of cat & mouse between two nuclear armed powers...that in effect influences a wide range of our foreign policies.