PDA

View Full Version : Obama kids eat well.............

namvet
08-05-2009, 12:04 PM
why don't I ????

http://images.politico.com/global/news/090804_obama_daughters_ad_297.jpg

Ads targeting Obama girls may anger White House

In the ad, Jasmine Messiah, an 8-year-old vegetarian from a Florida public school, asks the question: “President Obama’s daughters get healthy school lunches. Why don’t I?”

source (source)

Monkeybone
08-05-2009, 12:25 PM
They go to a private school and probably pay extra for the lunch plan?

Insein
08-05-2009, 01:00 PM

Ding! :clap:

Mr. P
08-05-2009, 01:04 PM

There ya GO! I don't remember ever having a healthy school lunch ( I guess it depends on what one considers healthy though) in public school. My daughter was in private school and YES we paid extra for lunch but they were healthy as I recall.

gabosaurus
08-05-2009, 06:00 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/jr4n4k.png

MtnBiker
08-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Obama wants to introduce government ran health insurance in part to bring competition to private insurance companies, so he believes competition between private and public entites is good. Will Obama be willing to support school vouchers so poor kids can have an opportunity to eat as well as his kids?

namvet
08-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't think he'll go that far

Kathianne
08-05-2009, 06:57 PM
There ya GO! I don't remember ever having a healthy school lunch ( I guess it depends on what one considers healthy though) in public school. My daughter was in private school and YES we paid extra for lunch but they were healthy as I recall.

Same with my kids. Interestingly enough, it's been 5 years since youngest was in high school, public, and they had salad bar, veggie burgers and pizza. No soda, no candy. They could bring soda and candy, chips, etc., but not for sale at school.

Immanuel
08-05-2009, 07:23 PM

Bet they don't pay extra! I would not be surprised to find out that the Obama's don't pay a dime for the private schooling at least not these next four years.

Immie

namvet
08-05-2009, 07:24 PM
we took ours with us in a brown bag