PDA

View Full Version : Dem Congressmen cancelling Town Hall meetings rather than hear constituents' protests

Little-Acorn
08-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Democrat congressmen who support President Obama's agenda for government-run health care, are running into a LOT of contrary opinions at the Town Hall meetings they normally hold during their August recess.

Their response?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090731/pl_politico/25646

In at least one case, a congressman has stopped holding town hall events because the situation has spiraled so far out of control.

“I had felt they would be pointless,” Rep. Tim Bishop (D-N.Y.) told POLITICO, referring to his recent decision to temporarily suspend the events in his Long Island district. “There is no point in meeting with my constituents and [to] listen to them and have them listen to you if what is basically an unruly mob prevents you from having an intelligent conversation.”

Sort of reminds me of a scene in the farce "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", where a bunch of the king's knights walk up to a cave, intending to kill an seemingly-innocuous rabbit-like creature. It suddenly rises up and goes after them, cutting off heads right and left. And their response? Panic, chaos, "Run awaaaaayyy!!! Run awaaaaaay!!!"

Insein
08-05-2009, 12:59 PM
So does he need the Holy Hand Grenade then?

Little-Acorn
08-05-2009, 01:07 PM
So does he need the Holy Hand Grenade then?

Finally his spokesman Robert Gibbs will have something to say, that he sounds completely natural reciting!

"Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, 'Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy
mercy.'

"And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals …

"Now did the Lord say, 'First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out.

"Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it........'”

Insein
08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
LMAO!

Yes, that would be one helluva press conference.