PDA

View Full Version : Libtalker Malloy: I Hope Glenn Beck Kills Himself Live On The Air

red states rule
08-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Looks like Glenn Beck is touching some nerves. I suspect libs will not consider this hate speech however

and libs have to wonder why they can't compete with conservative radio talk show hosts like Rush, Sean, and Glen

Libtalker Malloy: I Hope Glenn Beck Kills Himself

DO IT LIVE, GLENN

Libtalker Takes Hate Speech To New Level

*** EXCLUSIVE TO THE RADIO EQUALIZER ***

Proving that liberal talk radio still has new frontiers of bad taste to explore, syndicated host Mike Malloy has openly called for FOX News Channel host Glenn Beck to commit suicide, something he hopes will occur live and on the air.

Heard during yesterday's Malloy program, it's the second time in a week that the former WLS/ Chicago talker has called for the death of one of his political opponents. Earlier, he said he hoped Rush Limbaugh would "choke to death".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WNHuXU8nQ7M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WNHuXU8nQ7M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2009/08/libtalker-malloy-i-hope-glenn-beck.html

AFbombloader
08-06-2009, 07:02 AM
wow, this guy is an idiot.

Monkeybone
08-06-2009, 07:03 AM
well now, that is just classy of him to say that.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 07:04 AM
wow, this guy is an idiot.

Liberal tolerance is just oozing out of his mouth.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 07:05 AM

What do you think the reaction would be if Sean, Rush, Glenn, Mark, or any other conservative were on air hoping openly for the suicide of any liberal?

The left would be outraged, and demand he be fired

So far all I see coming from the left on this is...... silence

Monkeybone
08-06-2009, 07:20 AM
you probably don't hear anything because it usually isn't nice to follow up something like that with " He ws just saying what we were all thinking"

08-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Wow. Glenn must really be hitting a nerve... which means he has my full support.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 07:27 AM
you probably don't hear anything because it usually isn't nice to follow up something like that with " He ws just saying what we were all thinking"

The libs are angry and their hate is oozing. They care more about trees and small insects and rodents than they do about their fellow citizens.

All that right wing "hate speech" must have driven him to it.

Noir
08-06-2009, 07:31 AM
More hatered from America, it seems no one hates you as much as yourselves, tis a marvel to behold.

stephanie
08-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Oh dear...

we hate ourselves and everyone in the whole wide world...:dance:

red states rule
08-06-2009, 07:37 AM
More hatered from America, it seems no one hates you as much as yourselves, tis a marvel to behold.

So one liberal, preaching his tolerance, is an example of all of America? Noir, most of the hate comes from your side of the political asile

The left wallows in their hate of their political opponents

Here is another example of why liberals can't compete in the marketplace, and another example of liberal tolerance

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0Wev2z3z7g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0Wev2z3z7g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Noir
08-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm just amazed by it all, I'm pretty certain I have never heard a British news presenter wish death on another, or anything like it.

And I'm sure you can find thousands of clips of liberals being rude/insultive, as I am sure others can find thousands of clips on conservitive doing the same, don't be so puerile as to say 'they call us more names than we call them' pot, kettle, blackness.
The very fact that anyone comes out and says these things are extraordinary IMO

red states rule
08-06-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm just amazed by it all, I'm pretty certain I have never heard a British news presenter wish death on another, or anything like it.

And I'm sure you can find thousands of clips of liberals being rude/insultive, as I am sure others can find thousands of clips on conservitive doing the same, don't be so puerile as to say 'they call us more names than we call them' pot, kettle, blackness.
The very fact that anyone comes out and says these things are extraordinary IMO

This clown is NOT a news presenter - he is a wacko liberal talk show host

Noir, I have not seen any examples of a conservative talk show host, or elected offical wishing death on their political opponents

However, I have seen countless examples of liberals wishing death on their political opponents

Have you sen the video of the speechs made on the floor of British Parliment? The comments are pretty low, and the crowd cheers or boos constantly

stephanie
08-06-2009, 07:54 AM
This clown is NOT a news presenter - he is a wacko liberal talk show host

Noir, I have not seen any examples of a conservative talk show host, or elected offical wishing death on their political opponents

However, I have seen countless examples of liberals wishing death on their political opponents

Have you sen the video of the speechs made on the floor of British Parliment? The comments are pretty low, and the crowd cheers or boos constantly

yep..watching the British Parliament is like watching a circus..

red states rule
08-06-2009, 07:55 AM
yep..

Steph, there are still some of us around who have a firm grasp on the obvious

Noir
08-06-2009, 08:16 AM

well it took me all of 20 seconds to find this on YouTube by one Glenn Beck (not sure if the video will post or just a link as I'm doing this from my phone though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctwqnkWdCJg

Yup, and I do hope to be in their one day, debating with the best of them. We have a very blunt method of scrutiny, no doubt. But that's just something which is inbuilt into British culture. Even when I was debating at school level you would get boos, cheers and heckles from the audience, but no matter how chaotic it may seem, the chair has respect, and is obeyed when it speaks.

Monkeybone
08-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I would like to hear the whole segment about the Glenn Beck and Michael Moore thing. It sounds chopped up and edited. but then again, maybe it's not.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 08:29 AM
I would like to hear the whole segment about the Glenn Beck and Michael Moore thing. It sounds chopped up and edited. but then again, maybe it's not.

It sounded like satire to me - but it also did sound like it was edited

If it was an accurate account of what he said, I am sure the liberal media would have been all over it, and the usual calls for Beck to be fired would been heard around the world

I do not recall hearing anything about it

Noir
08-06-2009, 08:31 AM

Likewise, I'm looking fir whole clips, but put that up while I'm looking.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Malloy represents all that is evil in humanity - hatred, viciousness, oppression and intolerance.

Beck represents hope that humanity can overcome that - faith, humility, honesty, and courage.

No wonder the far left has to take such vile shots at him. Again, this is liberal tolerance at its best

Noir
08-06-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't think it sounded like satire, but anyways, googles a fair bit and can't find anything saying it was cut&pasted together, but did find several transcripts such as

http://mediamatters.org/iphone/research/200505180008
From the May 17 broadcast of The Glenn Beck Program

BECK: Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I don't think it sounded like satire, but anyways, googles a fair bit and can't find anything saying it was cut&pasted together, but did find several transcripts such as

BECK: Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure.

Media Matters? The hate site funded by George Soros? That is credible as the Daily Kos or the Demorat Underground

Malloy simply makes himself look like a vile little troll by doing what he does, and support will increase for Beck because of it.

It will all work out in the end

Noir
08-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Righto, sorry I didn't know of mediamatterss or who runs it ECG, but there are many sources on google with the same story, and a video recording of Beck speaking, so what he said is in little doubt.

However, on my travels to find out more about this man I also found this

The Times mentioned one of the things Beck has said recently, to newly elected U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), a Muslim: "Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies." But as press critic Eric Alterman pointed out (Altercation, 12/4/06), as offensive as that question is, it doesn't begin to suggest the poisonousness of Beck's rhetoric about Muslims.

On his August 10 radio show, distributed by Clear Channel's Premiere Radio Networks, Beck told listeners, "The world is on the brink of World War III," then issued this warning:

All you Muslims who have sat on your frickin' hands the whole time and have not been marching in the streets and have not been saying, 'Hey, you know what? There are good Muslims and bad Muslims. We need to be the first ones in the recruitment office lining up to shoot the bad Muslims in the head.' I'm telling you, with God as my witness... human beings are not strong enough, unfortunately, to restrain themselves from putting up razor wire and putting you on one side of it. When things—when people become hungry, when people see that their way of life is on the edge of being over, they will put razor wire up and just based on the way you look or just based on your religion, they will round you up. Is that wrong? Oh my gosh, it is Nazi, World War II wrong, but society has proved it time and time again: It will happen.

On September 5, Beck took the same message to his CNN Headline News audience, declaring, "In 10 years, Muslims and Arabs will be looking through a razor wire fence at the West." He explained:

Since 9/11, Americans have gotten so fed up with the "yes, but" Muslims. The "yes, but" Muslims are the ones who show up on talkshows and in the media and say, "Yes, terrorism is bad, but"—and then they go through a list of reasons on why we should try and sympathize with people who fly planes into buildings.... If, God forbid, there's another attack, we won't have anymore patience for the "yes, buts." The Muslim community better find a spokesman who isn't a "yes, but" Muslim. They shouldn't even understand the word "but," because if they don't, when things heat up, the profiling will only get worse, and the razor wire will be coming.

Beck went on to say:

You want the profiling to stop? Then, here's an idea. Stop murdering innocent people. Stop excusing the people who do. You do that for a while, and I guarantee you won't have any more problems at the airports. Stop blowing stuff up and the world just might be your oyster. Otherwise, it's going to be like that movie, The Siege. You remember that movie? The Muslims will see the West through razor wire if things don't change.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=4082

Malloy represents all that is evil in humanity - hatred, viciousness, oppression and intolerance.

Beck represents hope that humanity can overcome that - faith, humility, honesty, and courage.

No wonder the far left has to take such vile shots at him. Again, this is liberal tolerance at its best

I'm sure glad Beck is a tolerent and loving, I mean, could you imagin what he'd be like if he were not?

Btw, I'm not trying to suggest here that liberals are the goodies and beck and others Conservitives are badies ect ect, I'm just trying to point out that both sides are as bad as eachother.

Monkeybone
08-06-2009, 09:19 AM

BECK: Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure. Yah, I could hear all that and I googled some also. I just want the whole before and after those comments. Beck sometimes says things like that, but he usually has a point. BUt who knows...maybe his blood sugar was low. haha.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 09:21 AM
I find it especially ghoulish that he brings up the history of suicide in Beck's family (which I didn't know about til now). Apparently both his mother and his brother.

When the audio started, I figured it was some sort of gag gone wrong

He doesn't deserve to have probably the most difficult moments in his life thrown in his face.

But that is a perfect example of the tolerance the left shows on a daily basis

gabosaurus
08-06-2009, 09:22 AM
And no conservative talker or blogger has ever wanted anyone dead. :rolleyes:

These are radio people. They want ratings.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 09:23 AM
And no conservative talker or blogger has ever wanted anyone dead. :rolleyes:

These are radio people. They want ratings.

I have never heard any conservative wishing anyone dead

and Malloy - like most liberal talk show hosts - do not have any ratings to speak of

Probably more people know about his death wish on Beck due to this thread then the listeners who heard it live

Noir
08-06-2009, 09:28 AM
I have never heard any conservatiove wishing anyone dead

I just posted a video with beck saying he wanted to murder Micheal Moore.

stephanie
08-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I was going to ask for the link, but i see it's media matters posted, so I won't bother...I wouldn't give them a click if you paid me..

Gaffer
08-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Something to note about Glenn Beck. He's a satirist. And anyone that hasn't listened to him for long can easily misunderstand what he's saying. Not to mention he might stay on something for weeks to get a point across.

He's a practicing Morman. Very religious. He's honest and straight forward and digs into things the other hosts won't touch. I think he scares the liberals more than all the other talk show hosts combined.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Something to note about Glenn Beck. He's a satirist. And anyone that hasn't listened to him for long can easily misunderstand what he's saying. Not to mention he might stay on something for weeks to get a point across.

He's a practicing Morman. Very religious. He's honest and straight forward and digs into things the other hosts won't touch. I think he scares the liberals more than all the other talk show hosts combined.

Malloy has a history of making absurd attacks on Republicans, and it is an obvious tactic to elicit attention - and liberal moonbats as listeners

This comment is both ridiculous and disgusting, and fits right into his schtick. He's really just another liberal loser with a microphone who is desperate for ratings, and probably jealous of the ratings Beck, Rush, and Sean get

stephanie
08-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Malloy has a history of making absurd attacks on Republicans, and it is an obvious tactic to elicit attention - and liberal moonbats as listeners

This comment is both ridiculous and disgusting, and fits right into his schtick. He's really just another liberal loser with a microphone who is desperate for ratings, and probably jealous of the ratings Beck, Rush, and Sean get

I was going to say that, but was too tired to type it all..I posted another remark on what Malloy said a few days ago at another site, and hardly anyone there knew who he was...

He's another lefty loser who can't get any listeners because who want's to listen to shit like the above over and over...

Liberalism is a mental disorder :laugh2:

red states rule
08-06-2009, 10:01 AM
I was going to say that, but was too tired to type it all..I posted another remark on what Malloy said a few days ago at another site, and hardly anyone there knew who he was...

He's another lefty loser who can't get any listeners because who want's to listen to shit like the above over and over...

Liberalism is a mental disorder :laugh2:

Malloy is annoying , and his comments pretty disgusting.

It is too bad that most Liberal talk show hosts have resorted to a shock jock mentality,a dn their ratings still stink

I would have to say if the shoe was on the other foot, liberals would be demanding he be fired and banned for life from the airwvaes

Of course they want that now from any conservative host who speaks out and tells the truth about liberals and liberalism

Mr. P
08-06-2009, 10:12 AM
In the early 90s Malloy had a show in Atlanta, he was an IDIOT then too and didn't last very long.

cat slave
08-06-2009, 11:00 AM

I thought the same thing. Beck must be hitting some nerves!
Rock on Beck!:clap:

Noir
08-06-2009, 01:06 PM

he's as bad as the rest of them and you must know it. I saw a few clips of him on the Dialy show about a month back were he had cut up parts of a speech that Obama had made to make it sound like he supported terrorism in Pakistan , then Jon cut up some of what Beck had said to make it sound like he too was supporting terrorism.

Both sides are as bad as eachother, to pretend otherwise is maddnezs

stephanie
08-06-2009, 02:02 PM
yeah but, Glen Beck is waaaaaay cuter...and he's ours...:laugh2:

namvet
08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
these are the type that grab a gun and head for the nearest grade school

Gaffer
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
he's as bad as the rest of them and you must know it. I saw a few clips of him on the Dialy show about a month back were he had cut up parts of a speech that Obama had made to make it sound like he supported terrorism in Pakistan , then Jon cut up some of what Beck had said to make it sound like he too was supporting terrorism.

Both sides are as bad as eachother, to pretend otherwise is maddnezs

You know nothing about Beck. All you have ever seen or heard are out takes from one show or another. And since its all presented on liberal media your getting their version of things and they will make him appear as bad as they can. You can never get the full honest truth about Beck where you are.

Your condemning someone you know absolutely nothing about. The very same thing I have seen you get you wand in a knot over many times before. So stop proving that ALL liberals are hypocrites and try being the exception for once.

08-06-2009, 04:10 PM

So what your saying is that a conservative radio host saying that he couldnt kill someone, probably in discussing a liberal talk show host saying he wanted someone dead, is an example of conservatives doing the same thing? What part of "No, I think I could" is difficult to understand?

Noir
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
You know nothing about Beck. All you have ever seen or heard are out takes from one show or another. And since its all presented on liberal media your getting their version of things and they will make him appear as bad as they can. You can never get the full honest truth about Beck where you are.

Jezy crezy, now you are telling me what I know?
Well let me tell you what I know. When I started following American politics for my A levels I decided to keep my eye on CNN and Fox news, back when I was doing my AS levels Glen Beck was on CNN, and I quite liked the show because it gave a decent conservitive spin on anotherwise liberal channel and felt well fitted. Then he disapeared for a while last year, before reapearing earlyer this year except on Fox, well in time for A2 level reserch, I assume he is still there now (I haven't kept up on my American politics much over the summer)
I think that he can be a bit of a prat who loves to play up to the camera, but lost within that are some pretty good arguements. So even I must say I was surprised - and then again not surprised - when I found some of the things he has said/done earlyer today.

But please, I do a he'll of allot of reserch into American politics to try and be as knowing as I can. Don't just assume I know nothing.

Gaffer
08-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Jezy crezy, now you are telling me what I know?
Well let me tell you what I know. When I started following American politics for my A levels I decided to keep my eye on CNN and Fox news, back when I was doing my AS levels Glen Beck was on CNN, and I quite liked the show because it gave a decent conservitive spin on anotherwise liberal channel and felt well fitted. Then he disapeared for a while last year, before reapearing earlyer this year except on Fox, well in time for A2 level reserch, I assume he is still there now (I haven't kept up on my American politics much over the summer)
I think that he can be a bit of a prat who loves to play up to the camera, but lost within that are some pretty good arguements. So even I must say I was surprised - and then again not surprised - when I found some of the things he has said/done earlyer today.

But please, I do a he'll of allot of reserch into American politics to try and be as knowing as I can. Don't just assume I know nothing.

I don't assume anything. I do know you know next to nothing about Glenn Beck. You have only seen him on his little TV spots. He also has a radio show. He has been on the air for over ten years. His investigations into groups, people and organizations put O'Reilly to shame.

You are drawing your conclusions based on a bias media reporting partial facts and edited segments of shows. Being on the outside your not getting the full picture. Liberals over here hate him because he's a conservative and he tells the truth.

red states rule
08-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Wonder if Obama heard this and sat there and snickered like he did when Wanda Sykes wished for Rush's kidneys to fail?

SassyLady
08-06-2009, 11:37 PM
If you think Mike Malloy is bad, try listening to Randi Rhodes.........she literally makes me want to vomit she is so vile. I can only listen to her for about five minutes and I need to turn the radio off because me makes me feel as if her evil is contagious and I might get some on me.

When I read what Malloy said I instantly thought of Rhodes - they are two peas in a pod.

SassyLady
08-06-2009, 11:41 PM
I've been watching Glen Beck since I attended my first protest rally on April 15th - our local tea party held at Courthouse Square. I grew up in the 60's and never attended a rally or march, but I felt compelled to attend the tea party. I actually got up on one of the park benches and insisted that we all say the Plege of Allegiance.....that is how outspoken I've become since this administration has taken over. I feel they are definitely turning this country into a social state.

George Soros and his cronies will destroy our economy the same way he destroyed Europe's.

Noir
08-07-2009, 04:00 AM
I don't assume anything. I do know you know next to nothing about Glenn Beck. You have only seen him on his little TV spots. He also has a radio show. He has been on the air for over ten years. His investigations into groups, people and organizations put O'Reilly to shame.

You are drawing your conclusions based on a bias media reporting partial facts and edited segments of shows. Being on the outside your not getting the full picture. Liberals over here hate him because he's a conservative and he tells the truth.

There you are again telling me I know nothing about him, I have known of him and his shows and have watched them many times over the past 3 years, ofcourse I wasn't listening to his radio shows 10 years ago, but you could hardly expect a 9 year old to follow another nations political comentator, could you? Ofcouse there will be a certain limit to what I can know, you can turn on the radio, or look into American chat shows and see/hear him and others daily, however, having seen his shows on CNN & FOX, which are ofcourse uncut, for 3 years I find it amazing that you think you can tell me that I know nothing, does your ignorence know no bounds?

PostmodernProphet
08-07-2009, 04:59 AM
I don't be so puerile as to say 'they call us more names than we call them' pot, kettle, blackness.
***cough***, isn't that rather the point of the thread, Noir?.......being at least as vile as the man he wants to kill himself for being vile?......

red states rule
08-07-2009, 06:00 AM
I've been watching Glen Beck since I attended my first protest rally on April 15th - our local tea party held at Courthouse Square. I grew up in the 60's and never attended a rally or march, but I felt compelled to attend the tea party. I actually got up on one of the park benches and insisted that we all say the Plege of Allegiance.....that is how outspoken I've become since this administration has taken over. I feel they are definitely turning this country into a social state.

George Soros and his cronies will destroy our economy the same way he destroyed Europe's.

How many time per year does some liberal express their wishes of death on someone else - simply because of a difference of opinion?

And they wonder why we don't want them in charge of our healthcare.

Oh yeah, leftist compassion and open-mindedness.........

cat slave
08-07-2009, 02:43 PM
A lot of people dont grasp that Beck entertains us while giving us the really
bad news!

I think that is an act of kindness!:clap:

Dekon
08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
How many time per year does some liberal express their wishes of death on someone else - simply because of a difference of opinion?

And they wonder why we don't want them in charge of our healthcare.

Oh yeah, leftist compassion and open-mindedness.........

How many times does a conservative express the same?

I think there's equal blame to go around here.

There are compassionate and open-minded liberals. There are compassionate and open-minded conservatives as well. There are also those on each side who are compassionate and open-minded sometimes, but get into moods and sometimes are filled with a dark passion that causes them to not be. I've been guilty of that myself.

I don't think, however, that the sins we all share disbars us from dealing with health care reform. If Jesus Christ ran a privatized health care company, I'd agree with you. Since He doesn't, I'm prone to think that the privatized health care companies are prone to the same lack of compassion and open-mindedness.

Gaffer
08-07-2009, 04:29 PM

There are compassionate and open-minded liberals. There are compassionate and open-minded conservatives as well. There are also those on each side who are compassionate and open-minded sometimes, but get into moods and sometimes are filled with a dark passion that causes them to not be. I've been guilty of that myself.

I don't think, however, that the sins we all share disbars us from dealing with health care reform. If Jesus Christ ran a privatized health care company, I'd agree with you. Since He doesn't, I'm prone to think that the privatized health care companies are prone to the same lack of compassion and open-mindedness.

Please name a conservative that has called for anyones death?

Dekon
08-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Please name a conservative that has called for anyones death?

I am speaking under the presupposition that we both agree that conservative men and women in the past have made death threats against liberals and liberal leaders.

I suppose I can try hunting down a statement somewhere (I doubt I would have run across this Glenn Beck threat randomly had I not been here).

What the man said was not right, but there is plenty of hate in both sides. The hate is bad from either side. I'm not excusing what he said, but simply stating that hate is not in liberals alone.

08-07-2009, 05:10 PM

Rarely

I don't.

Equivication isnt something I like. Im not going to justify my actions because someone else does it too.

Of course you would. I mean why would the people who care enough to provide cures and pay for services, have compassion?

And why would their lack of compassion somehow justify the government to put them out of business and take control of our health.

08-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I am speaking under the presupposition that we both agree that conservative men and women in the past have made death threats against liberals and liberal leaders.

I reject that presumption.

I suppose I can try hunting down a statement somewhere (I doubt I would have run across this Glenn Beck threat randomly had I not been here).

The man never made a threat. I know Glenn. The man doesnt want to kill people simply because they disagree with him. People want to kill him for that.

What the man said was not right, but there is plenty of hate in both sides. The hate is bad from either side. I'm not excusing what he said, but simply stating that hate is not in liberals alone.

You very much are excusing what he is saying. You are here defending him. Its all Glenns fault that people want him dead.

Insein
08-07-2009, 05:34 PM

What you will see though is that the fringe seeps through. The difference is that we are not hearing death threats and calls of people being Nazi's from some kook in a barn somewhere chatting with his like minded buddies. We are hearing these comments from our politicians and news-anchors on nationally televised programs.

Our government is calling we the people a "mob" for daring to have a different opinion then them. If we are supposed to lead by example, then our leaders certainly setting the example for the kooks to follow.

Gaffer
08-07-2009, 06:25 PM

We don't both agree on anything. You do hear conservatives of national prominence calling for anyone to be killed. You also don't find conservatives burning the flag, shiting on the flag, burning the president in effigy, calling people nazi's, attacking speakers at meetings, damaging public and private property, or rioting.

Hunt down one that has called for someones death. I would bet he won't be a conservative.

The idea that there is plenty of hate on both sides is lame. That's the standard liberal answer when they won't accept responsibility for their actions. Look around for someone else to blame besides the perpetrator.

red states rule
08-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Will Media Matters put up a video of this on Youtube?

Start holding your breath, and order a pizza