PDA

View Full Version : Gaffer had quite an interesting night last night!

Trinity
08-06-2009, 07:13 AM
He left his apartment around 4pm to meet my husband, and tells my husband after they met up, that there were a couple of cop cars at the building next to his. He gets back a couple of hours later and sees some plain clothes officers along with fire truck and several others, including the landlord.

He calls us to tell us what is going on, and were thinking there is either a body in there or it's drugs. This is a very small town, population of around 4500. Way to many officials there for it not to be serious.

He ended up calling us back about 20 minutes later, with a confirmation of a meth lab in the building next door. Hence all the officials. Dad said he was told they also had children living in this apartment, how nice!

here's the story...........

August 06, 2009
8/6/2009 1:35:00 AM
Apartment complex meth lab

ROSE COOPER
County Editor

Fifteen people were evacuated Wednesday night from a Blanchester apartment complex after a methamphetamine lab was discovered inside one of the apartments when police went there to serve a warrant for domestic violence.

Faris Adam Parker, 25, of 302 North St., Apartment 14, Blanchester, was arrested by Blanchester police on a warrant alleging two counts of domestic violence.

Blanchester Police Chief Scott Reinbolt said when officers went to the apartment Wednesday night to arrest Parker on the warrants, they found him hiding inside the apartment. “Once we were inside the apartment, we saw some things that led us to believe there was narcotics trafficking in the apartment,” he said.

Prosecuting Attorney Rick Moyer approved a search warrant for the apartment. “We then found Judge (Chad) Carey and he signed it,” the police chief said.

“Once we got in there with the search warrant, we found a meth lab in the back end of the apartment in a bedroom. We found evidence of drug trafficking, the meth lab and some bits and pieces of items used for using drugs,” Reinbolt said. “We also recovered some tools that I believe is stolen property that might help the sheriff’s office with some cases.”

Detective John Chapman of the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office responded to the scene to remove the meth lab from inside the nine-unit apartment complex. The Drug Enforcement Agency was also contacted and was expected to send in a clean-up crew Wednesday night.

“We’ve been receiving intelligence on drug trafficking at this apartment for about two months now,” Reinbolt said. “We never had enough to get in to do a search warrant. When we went in there (Wednesday) to arrest Parker there was clearly evidence indicating there was narcotics trafficking going on.”

Evidence of the meth lab and drug trafficking will be referred to the Clinton County prosecutor’s office for consideration of charges against Parker.

Also responding to the scene were deputies from the sheriff’s office. Members of the Blanchester-Marion Township Fire Department stood by at the scene with a tanker.

“We appreciate the tips from the public and it certainly was a help tonight with the information we got,” Reinbolt said.

The police chief said Parker’s girlfriend, Katie Steckenfinger, filed domestic violence charges against Parker on Wednesday. “Clinton Memorial Hospital called us last night (Tuesday) and said she was in the emergency room and had been beaten by her boyfriend,” Reinbolt said.

The second charge of domestic violence stemmed from an alleged domestic violence occurrence on Sunday.

After Parker’s arrest on the domestic violence warrants, he was incarcerated in the Clinton County Jail.

Reinbolt said Parker was released from prison “six or eight months” ago. He had been charged with possession of drugs, theft and failure to follow an order of a police officer, according to Patrolman Casey Gray of the Blanchester Police Department.

Reinbolt said Parker claims membership in a white supremacy group, the Ayrian Knights. “There were swastikas on the walls,” the police chief said.

Gaffer
08-06-2009, 08:54 AM
I sat and watched it all from my front window.

stephanie
08-06-2009, 08:59 AM
You're lucky you didn't get blown to bits before they busted the place...some nasty stuff they use to make that crap..

Trinity
08-06-2009, 09:17 AM
You're lucky you didn't get blown to bits before they busted the place...some nasty stuff they use to make that crap..

Right! The sad part is most of these people manufacturing this crap most likely failed science.

Kathianne
08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
I sat and watched it all from my front window.

So tell us Gaffer, when are you bored? :laugh2:

Gaffer
08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Only I could find adventure in a small town. The challenge for me was to watch the number of cars come in and the crowd of officials grow, to figure out who was who and what was going on. The arrival of the firetruck put the finish on for me that it was a meth lab. Then I went out and talked to a couple of people and verified what I had guess at.

The apartment wasn't even rented to the guy they arrested. He was just living there having intimidated the original renter to let him stay there. There has been a police guard on the place all day as well. It appears there may be more people involved that they are expecting to come back to the apartment. I'm just watching things progress.