PDA

View Full Version : CNN Poll: After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush'

red states rule
08-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Get ready folks, because the road from here is going to get a whole lot more bumpy for Obama and his drones.

Looks like Obama's halo is turning out to be brass (may turn to lead soon) instead of the gold his supporters once thought.

After 6 Months, More View Obama's Presidency as a 'Failure' Than Bush's
Posted by Tom Bevan | Email This | Permalink | Email Author
A rather surprising finding from the newly released CNN poll. Question three on the national survey of 1,136 adults (which includes an oversample of African-Americans) asks, "Do you consider the first six months of the Obama administration to be a success or a failure?"

Thirty-seven percent (37%) said they believe the Obama administration is a "failure," while 51% consider it a "success" and 11% say it's still "too soon to tell."

An identical question was asked of the Bush administration in an August 2001 CNN/Gallup/USA Today survey. At the time, 56% said the Bush administration was a "success" while only 32% considered it a "failure."

http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2009/08/06/after-6-months-more-view-obamas-presidency-as-a-failure-than-bushs/

Trigg
08-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Gee, I don't know why people would think that. Lets make a list.

1. Trillion dollar "stimulus" was supposed to keep unemployment below 8%. Now forcast to go above 10% by end of year.

2. Gave stimulus to GM to keep them from bankrupsy.......oops that didn't work either.

3. Cash for clunkers 1 billion supposed to last until Oct. He's now asking for ANOTHER 2 BILLION.

4. PROMISED to start bring home the troops in 6 months and end the war in 18 months...........the MSM no longer even talks about the war over there so you'd hardly know one is going on.

Nope no idea why people would consider his first 6 months a failure :poke:

stephanie
08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
we might want to keep Joe Steel away from high bridges...:laugh2:

gabosaurus
08-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Dubya's approval rating began at 62 after his first month, but had gone down to 50 percent in August. This is despite the fact that Dubya did pretty much nothing but plot attacks against Iraq. He could not get any programs through Congress and most international leaders considered him a joke.

Dubya had to allow the U.S. to be attacked on Sept. 11 in order to salvage his credibility.

stephanie
08-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Dubya's approval rating began at 62 after his first month, but had gone down to 50 percent in August. This is despite the fact that Dubya did pretty much nothing but plot attacks against Iraq. He could not get any programs through Congress and most international leaders considered him a joke.

Dubya had to allow the U.S. to be attacked on Sept. 11 in order to salvage his credibility.

Oh Gabs...so many words and so little that made any sense or any truth to it.....tsk tsk

gabosaurus
08-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh Gabs...so many words and so little that made any sense or any truth to it.....tsk tsk

I feel the same way about the majority of this board. But I read it anyway. :p

stephanie
08-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I feel the same way about the majority of this board. But I read it anyway. :p

touche little one..and instead of this one :p..
I like this one better...
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/facepull-vi.gif

namvet
08-06-2009, 03:02 PM

who's Dubya ??? your uncle ????

08-06-2009, 04:06 PM

So tax cuts, NCLB, Medicaid bill, Patriot act, Sarbanes Oxley, etc. were nothing?

Jeff
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM

It was Clinton who had proof where Bin Laden was at the end of his term, ya want to blame someone for 9/11 there,s your man

Those attacks weren't planned over night, they were well thought out, they started planning them way before GW, Damn Gabby the LA times sure is a bit confused, ooo like the rest of the fruits and nuts

sgtdmski
08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Looks like the honeymoon is over, but I guess the MSM has yet to receive the word, for they are still experiencing the Obamagsm. Oh well, we will have to wait and see how long the favorable stories continue despite what the polls say. It is time to lay to rest once and for all the idea of a MSM bias. And the stories will tell, if the numbers continue to drop and the stories remain glowing that will be your answer. Look out liberals your worst nightmare is about to be confirmed, and with it will be the death knell for the MSM.

dmk

red states rule
08-06-2009, 10:43 PM

Interesting numbers on Bush considering that the whole Florida recount things was recent history and I am sure more than just far left liberals were still seething from the outcome.

I am sorry Gabby that you still suffer from Bush Derangement Syndrome

red states rule
08-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Looks like the honeymoon is over, but I guess the MSM has yet to receive the word, for they are still experiencing the Obamagsm. Oh well, we will have to wait and see how long the favorable stories continue despite what the polls say. It is time to lay to rest once and for all the idea of a MSM bias. And the stories will tell, if the numbers continue to drop and the stories remain glowing that will be your answer. Look out liberals your worst nightmare is about to be confirmed, and with it will be the death knell for the MSM.

dmk

I guess Rahm has to add CNN to list of vast right-wing racists conspirators. Maybe CNN is organizing those health care mobs too.

Trigg
08-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Slightly more than 6 months in and bambam's approval rating is almost in the 40's.

At least he still has the MSM behind him, salivating over his every word.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

9/12er
08-18-2009, 04:22 PM
What I think is so funny is that so many people who voted for him are regretting it now. Yes, yes, he won. We're so over it. And so are most of his once-supporters. And his little entourage of Democrat supporters are about to pull the rug out from underneath him when he finally compromises (something we have yet to see from him) with the conservatives on Health Care.

I'm watching this all with glee...

Someone once said "The biggest failure is a one-term president. You work for the four years to build up a base, then the next four years you actually make things happen." Looks like he thinks he's in the second term already, or he's just that arrogant.

Little-Acorn
08-18-2009, 04:32 PM
At least he still has the MSM behind him, salivating over his every word.

What do you suppose his rating would be like if he didn't?

Sort of like George W. Bush didn't.

Or worse, what do you suppose his rating would be like, if there had been an organized Google-bombing effort like Bush faced, deliberately connecting his name with terms like "Miserable Failure" every time it got Googled?

9/12er
08-18-2009, 04:38 PM
What do you suppose his rating would be like if he didn't?

Sort of like George W. Bush didn't.

Or worse, what do you suppose his rating would be like, if there had been an organized Google-bombing effort like Bush faced, deliberately connecting his name with terms like "Miserable Failure" every time it got Googled?

Good call. I'm just hoping that the true conservatives don't sink to that level. All that's going to do is make us look just as bad as they are.

red states rule
08-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Good call. I'm just hoping that the true conservatives don't sink to that level. All that's going to do is make us look just as bad as they are.

All we have to do is talk about all the accomplishments of Obama, Reid, and Pelosi

If that does not make a majority of the voters to vote against the Dems, nothing will

Kathianne
08-19-2009, 05:05 AM

Actually GW's approval rating stayed above 52% until 2004, in spite of the Iraq War start in 3/03:

http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm