PDA

View Full Version : Ever eat T-Rex?

04-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Tastes like Chicken

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070412/sc_livescience/trexrelatedtochickens

darin
04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
lol...silly people. "evolved'. Right.

Abbey Marie
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
No, but I've heard them sing. :coffee:

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 03:11 PM
lol...silly people. "evolved'. Right.

Don't get hyper, D.

And a comparison of the protein's chemical structure to a slew of other species showed an evolutionary link between T. rex and chickens, bolstering the idea that birds evolved from dinosaurs.

A theory. A scientific one with mounting evidence.

-Cp
04-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Here's the quote in that article that kills me:

"I mean can you imagine pulling a bone out the ground after 68 million years and then getting intact protein sequences?" said John Asara of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, lead author of one of the studies. "That's just mind boggling how much preservation there is in these bones."

The previous record holder for the oldest protein tissue belonged to collagen found in a 100,000- to 300,000-year-old mammoth bone.

Uh.. HELLO? That's because those bones? Yeah.. THEY AREN'T THAT OLD ya dope! Good Lord....

It's amazing how they can say that with a straight face...

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Here's the quote in that article that kills me:

"I mean can you imagine pulling a bone out the ground after 68 million years and then getting intact protein sequences?" said John Asara of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, lead author of one of the studies. "That's just mind boggling how much preservation there is in these bones."

The previous record holder for the oldest protein tissue belonged to collagen found in a 100,000- to 300,000-year-old mammoth bone.

Uh.. HELLO? That's because those bones? Yeah.. THEY AREN'T THAT OLD ya dope! Good Lord....

It's amazing how they can say that with a straight face...

What's amazing is some will blindly discount this so quickly. :poke:

darin
04-12-2007, 03:46 PM
What's amazing is some will blindly discount this so quickly. :poke:

No - the amazing thing is when Science picks the LEAST LIKELY excuse or reason for what they find and teaches it as 'fact' to helpless children. :(

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
No - the amazing thing is when Science picks the LEAST LIKELY excuse or reason for what they find and teaches it as 'fact' to helpless children. :(

Not happening. It's a theory as is God. Just don't respond, D. You have no hard proof and I've heard it all. Hey, how bout them Jesus bones they found, just a hoax? Oh well. Sold a lot of books though. I'd be pissed about that if I were you, not scientific discoveries that are STILL being reviewed and under constant scrutiny.