PDA

View Full Version : CBS Just Fired Imus

krisy
04-12-2007, 03:51 PM
This has just been reported on Fox news...no link yet

This whole situation is absolutely the worst kind of thing that can happen for free speech.
I cannot believe it has gone this far. Now he has no job because of a joke. Sad.

Dilloduck
04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
This has just been reported on Fox news...no link yet

This whole situation is absolutely the worst kind of thing that can happen for free speech.
I cannot believe it has gone this far. Now he has no job because of a joke. Sad.

Blacks take down whitey again !

Samantha
04-12-2007, 04:00 PM
No job because of a joke?

He has no job because he's a racist asshole. He has no job because the sponsors all pulled out. He has no job because the market decided he isn't worthy of being on the air anymore.

Samantha
04-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Blacks take down whitey again !Blacks didn't do a thing. This was racist whitey taking down himself.

Dilloduck
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Blacks didn't do a thing. This was racist whitey taking down himself.

bullshit----blacks threatened the big money advertisers so CBS pulled the plug

darin
04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Blacks didn't do a thing. This was racist whitey taking down himself.

You're an idiot if you think he was a racist. A pure idiot. It's idiocy to think you can judge somebody by using a term like 'nappy-headed'.

The Black Man and HYPER-Sensitive media took him down...AND a corporation without a spine.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
No job because of a joke?

He has no job because he's a racist asshole. He has no job because the sponsors all pulled out. He has no job because the market decided he isn't worthy of being on the air anymore.

No, he's out of a job because we have such a double standard in the country and no one will say "fuck you if you can't take a joke" and "get over it" anymore.

LiberalNation
04-12-2007, 04:08 PM
It was kinda racist but he shouldn't have lost his job over it. Seems like people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 04:13 PM
It was kinda racist but he shouldn't have lost his job over it. Seems like people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

It wasn't racist at all. An elected black woman, yesterday in the Capitol of Ga. said "Nappy haired Nigger". Is that racist?

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Knappy headed HO

He called the victors of the NCAA womens BBall tourney WHORES!!

That isn't racism, it is sexism and Sam called it the Corporate sponsors pulled his plug.

typomaniac
04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
bullshit----blacks threatened the big money advertisers so CBS pulled the plugBlacks "threatened" the advertisers?

Who exactly made these threats and where?

manu1959
04-12-2007, 04:30 PM
i don't care that he lost his job ... the girls were not hoes as far as i know, well maybe a few were sluts and only some of them have nappy hair and some had tatoos ...

Dilloduck
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Blacks "threatened" the advertisers?

Who exactly made these threats and where?

Sure they did---maybe had some liberal support too since Obama was in on it too. I bet Hillary is scared shitless to see the clout that Obama and his band of merry blackmen can deliver. :laugh2:

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Sure they did---maybe had some liberal support too since Obama was in on it too. I bet Hillary is scared shitless to see the clout that Obama and his band of merry blackmen can deliver. :laugh2:

BS.

Sponsors drive the media and not vice versa.

Thank McDonalds, Big Pharma and Coke for firing Imus.

They pulled his plug.

Birdzeye
04-12-2007, 04:36 PM
When some TV or radio personality says something that offends a lot of people, people put pressure on the advertisers to boycott their products if they don't pull their advertising support of that personality and his program. The advertisers, in turn, may put pressure on the TV/radio station by pulling their advertising business. The TV/radio station, in turn, may cancel the show and fire the personality to protect the bottom line.

It's as American as apple pie, and it's a tactic that even conservtives have resorted to.

manu1959
04-12-2007, 04:37 PM

black men scare white chicks like hillary

Dilloduck
04-12-2007, 04:43 PM

Cmon--she was with a bunch of her best friends on MLK day talking like a sistah !!!! :lmao:

darin
04-12-2007, 04:45 PM
When some TV or radio personality says something that offends a lot of people, people put pressure on the advertisers to boycott their products if they don't pull their advertising support of that personality and his program. The advertisers, in turn, may put pressure on the TV/radio station by pulling their advertising business. The TV/radio station, in turn, may cancel the show and fire the personality to protect the bottom line.

It's as American as apple pie, and it's a tactic that even conservtives have resorted to.

This seems to have offended ONLY Media folk and a few others. I'd be HIGHLY doubtful that anyone petitioned CBS to fire him. It's a case of HYPER sensitive decision-makers out of touch with the pulse of america...see also 'Most' Liberals in congress.

typomaniac
04-12-2007, 04:53 PM
This seems to have offended ONLY Media folk and a few others. I'd be HIGHLY doubtful that anyone petitioned CBS to fire him. It's a case of HYPER sensitive decision-makers out of touch with the pulse of america...see also 'Most' Liberals in congress.So in other words, you think Dillo is full of crap? :eek:

Samantha
04-12-2007, 04:56 PM
The market decides which personalities stay on the air in a capitalist society such as ours. The market decided Imus is out.

This has nothing to do with the Liberals.

This has everything to do with advertising.

Birdzeye
04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
The market decides which personalities stay on the air in a capitalist society such as ours. The market decided Imus is out.

This has nothing to do with the Liberals.

This has everything to do with advertising.

What has happened to the conservative reverence for "the market?" :coffee:

stephanie
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Over at DU....Their ready to go after conservative talk radio now...
They think their on a roll...........with Imas getting canned..:laugh2:

Nuc
04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
The Black Man and HYPER-Sensitive media took him down...AND a corporation without a spine.

Corporations in America (and multi-nationals) of course have no spine. They seldom take a principled stance even when things are clear, why would they in a situation as nuanced as this?

Since when has scapegoating become a strong American principle? People are uncomfortable with race issues so dumping on Imus makes them feel better temporarily, while it really changes nothing.

Nuc
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM

MEN scare chicks like Shrillary!:pee:

Birdzeye
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Over at DU....Their ready to go after conservative talk radio now...
They think their on a roll...........with Imas getting canned..:laugh2:

I guess radio execs can count on hearing from DU and the Freepers. If they give in to demands on both sides, that will be the end of outrageous shock jocks from the left and right.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
What has happened to the conservative reverence for "the market?" :coffee:

"The market" never spoke, only the professional race baiter's spoke. The advertised caved to what would come in the next few days. Big mistake IMO.
They may have more people upset now (by caving to a possible boycott) than if they would have waited to see what happened.

jimnyc
04-12-2007, 05:20 PM
These firings from MSNBC and CBS irritate me more than you know. Imus's comments were wrong, no doubt about it. But he apologized on air, he took the time to go on Sharpton's show and apologize, and he has agreed to meet with the Rutgers team to apologize - that should be more than enough.

But no, the black activists need to take it further and be hypocritical. The terminology offended them so much that they feel this man should lose his livelihood. But right here in NY, stations such as 97.1 FM use this terminology daily, and are calling "whitey" honkies almost daily too. They play non-stop music that uses terms such as "nappy" "bitch" "ho" "niggas"...

Why no outrage over that? This is the most popular music in hip hop today because of black people, and it uses the same terms. But God forbid whitey uses similar terms.

Why isn't Sharpton apologizing like Imus did? His descriptions of the Duke Lacrosse team was degrading and insulting, and they've now been called innocent of all charges. Shouldn't he be taking a step back and apologizing?

Where is the outrage over the black musicians, comics, journalists, actors & every day citizens that do the same things almost daily?

Let's face it, there's a double standard, and corporate America is falling into the black hands for fear of losing business. That's fine with me. Now they are going to lose MY business for their ridiculous stances, and I hope other "whiteys" follow suit.

Sharpton, Jackson, Monroe, Roker and the likes are nothing more than hypocritical instigators.

Imus, with the help of O&A's radio program, had already raised $400k as of 9am for his telethon for the children. He was on pace to shatter his yearly record. O&A asked their listeners to support Imus by calling in and making donations for the kids.

Yes, the man made a mistake. Yes, he was wrong. But he apologized, and now the community is losing a voice that entertained so many, and more importantly, used his charitable events to help so many.

jimnyc
04-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I guess radio execs can count on hearing from DU and the Freepers. If they give in to demands on both sides, that will be the end of outrageous shock jocks from the left and right.

O&A are blatantly putting down Sharpton and the likes, and going as far as using worse terms than Imus could have dreamed of. I truly hope Sharpton has the audacity to call them out. He'll have 200,000 NY O&A fans picketing HIM tomorrow! It's selective by the activists, and taking advantage of the opportunities presented to them to make examples and perpetuate racism. IMO, their pushing of this issue has only divided people more.

Nuc
04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Why no outrage over that? This is the most popular music in hip hop today because of black people, and it uses the same terms. But God forbid whitey uses similar terms.

The rest of your post was great but this part is wrong. Rap and hip hop are the most popular music today because of WHITE people. Idiotic white people who listen to and buy crap music made by semi literate and illiterate thugs who reflect the pathetic nature of their "subculture".

And these honkies IDENTIFY with it! WTF?

jimnyc
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
The rest of your post was great but this part is wrong. Rap and hip hop are the most popular music today because of WHITE people. Idiotic white people who listen to and buy crap music made by semi literate and illiterate thugs who reflect the pathetic nature of their "subculture".

Yes, white people purchase the music too, therefore supporting these artists. But I would imagine musicians like "Dr. Dre", "R. Kelly", "50 Cent" and other top artists are mainly supported by blacks, whereas musicians like Eminem and other more mainstream music is a lot of whites.

Either way, most of the music is offensive towards blacks, and women in particular, but I don't see these very same activists going out of their way calling on their labels, sponsors or listeners.

Nuc
04-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Either way, most of the music is offensive towards blacks, and women in particular, but I don't see these very same activists going out of their way calling on their labels, sponsors or listeners.

It's one of the few economic success stories in their "culture" so they don't want to knock it.

04-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Been looking at the statement he made, can someone place explain in what way its racists? Sexist, definitely.. But the racist part.. it just doesnt make any sense.

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Been looking at the statement he made, can someone place explain in what way its racists? Sexist, definitely.. But the racist part.. it just doesnt make any sense.

The only thing racist about could have been inadvertent.

A white man called a black woman a whore for no reason.

That could possibly be racist, or not. We can't know.

Would Imus have called a white team whores?

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 05:40 PM
These firings from MSNBC and CBS irritate me more than you know. Imus's comments were wrong, no doubt about it. But he apologized on air, he took the time to go on Sharpton's show and apologize, and he has agreed to meet with the Rutgers team to apologize - that should be more than enough.

But no, the black activists need to take it further and be hypocritical. The terminology offended them so much that they feel this man should lose his livelihood. But right here in NY, stations such as 97.1 FM use this terminology daily, and are calling "whitey" honkies almost daily too. They play non-stop music that uses terms such as "nappy" "bitch" "ho" "niggas"...

Why isn't Sharpton apologizing like Imus did? His descriptions of the Duke Lacrosse team was degrading and insulting, and they've now been called innocent of all charges. Shouldn't he be taking a step back and apologizing?

Where is the outrage over the black musicians, comics, journalists, actors & every day citizens that do the same things almost daily?

Let's face it, there's a double standard, and corporate America is falling into the black hands for fear of losing business. That's fine with me. Now they are going to lose MY business for their ridiculous stances, and I hope other "whiteys" follow suit.

Sharpton, Jackson, Monroe, Roker and the likes are nothing more than hypocritical instigators.

Imus, with the help of O&A's radio program, had already raised $400k as of 9am for his telethon for the children. He was on pace to shatter his yearly record. O&A asked their listeners to support Imus by calling in and making donations for the kids.

Yes, the man made a mistake. Yes, he was wrong. But he apologized, and now the community is losing a voice that entertained so many, and more importantly, used his charitable events to help so many.

Yeah, I wonder if Sharpton or Jackson will step-up to fill that void. Pfffftttt
Never mind, I already know.

04-12-2007, 05:51 PM

The team is about 1/3 white. he never specified blacks he specified the team which is not nearly 100% black.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 05:55 PM

You can know, but only if you know the true definition of 'racist' which is NOT the pop culture definition.

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 06:22 PM
You can know, but only if you know the true definition of 'racist' which is NOT the pop culture definition.

this i simply MUST hear, what is the "true" definition of racism?

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 06:24 PM
The team is about 1/3 white. he never specified blacks he specified the team which is not nearly 100% black.

so then the whitey cracker bitches on the team had nappy hair right?

Cuz he said Knappy Headed Ho's.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 06:29 PM
this i simply MUST hear, what is the "true" definition of racism?

The belief that one race is superior over another. Simple, that's the TRUE definition. It's not a comment about 'nappy' hair or 'cracker'.

So now do you simply get it? My guess is no. So check out the definition of bigot.

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 06:48 PM
The belief that one race is superior over another. Simple, that's the TRUE definition.

Well that IS the popular definition, the one everyone uses.

But believing that one race is superior to another spawns all kinds of behavior based on that belief.

Behavior like:

giving injuns diseased blankets

taking blackey slaveys

stealing land because only whitees know how to really use it well

promoting economic inequality because after all everybody knows their kind isn't worth as much nor is their labor

lettin them hang in trees if the get uppity

callin them derogatory names

Burnin decorative objects in their yards to show neighborliness

droppin them in rivers so they can swim forever

burnin their houses of worship just soin they can benefit from the lessons learnt by dealin with hardship

keepin them from educatin themselves cuz you know they ain't a smart kind

keepin em outta government because they benefit more from white leadership (have you seen how they govern themselves in africa?)

oh and callin em knappy headed ho's

krisy
04-12-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't understand where Libs are coming from. Don't you believe in free speech? Like jim said,far worse is said everyday about white people and it just goes by unoticed.

How would you like you favorite Liberal talk show host to be demonized for giving GW a spanking daily? That's where this is going to lead soon.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Well that IS the popular definition, the one everyone uses.

But believing that one race is superior to another spawns all kinds of behavior based on that belief.

Behavior like:

giving injuns diseased blankets

taking blackey slaveys

stealing land because only whitees know how to really use it well

promoting economic inequality because after all everybody knows their kind isn't worth as much nor is their labor

lettin them hang in trees if the get uppity

callin them derogatory names

Burnin decorative objects in their yards to show neighborliness

droppin them in rivers so they can swim forever

burnin their houses of worship just soin they can benefit from the lessons learnt by dealin with hardship

keepin them from educatin themselves cuz you know they ain't a smart kind

keepin em outta government because they benefit more from white leadership (have you seen how they govern themselves in africa?)

oh and callin em knappy headed ho's

BS! So callin em knappy headed ho's is offensive, fine, it's NOT racist.

manu1959
04-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't understand where Libs are coming from. Don't you believe in free speech? Like jim said,far worse is said everyday about white people and it just goes by unoticed.

How would you like you favorite Liberal talk show host to be demonized for giving GW a spanking daily? That's where this is going to lead soon.

not going to happen .... GW is a white christian republican redneck hick

Dilloduck
04-12-2007, 07:11 PM

All the honkies who listen to this shit had to do was observe what blacks got away with that a white man wouldn't. The true mistake that Imus made was attempting to pretend he was black enough to get away with using the words "nappy headed ho". Being a wannabe cost him is job. White people --
get to the back of the black peoples' bus Stay outta thier "neighboorhoods" to if you know what I mean.

Hugh Lincoln
04-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I think the real reason why blacks are so hyper-sensitive to comments about them is that deep down, they realize their own inferiority. The truth about blacks is that they are, in fact, less intelligent, less law-abiding, less hard working, and less able to control their impulses. They are more crime-prone, more pregnancy-prone, more violence-prone. They simply aren't like white people, who are almost always calmer, smarter, more collected. These are generalizations, yes, but unfortunately true ones. And everyone knows it --- even blacks. But blacks hate to be reminded of it. The truth is that when you call someone or some group who's sure of themselves and secure in the knowledge of their abilities, etc., they DON'T go batshit when someone calls a silly or insulting name. If you called the toughest guy in school a "pussy," he'd laugh. If you call an actual pussy a "pussy," he might cry.

A Civil War, trillions of dollars in aid, affirmative action, decades of media propaganda, civil rights laws and on and on have failed to make blacks the equivalent of whites. The lesson is that they can't be made like whites. They are what they are, and that's a race that's probably a few thousand years behind whites in terms of the evolutionary arc. This is the painful truth at the bottom of all this.

There are other explanations for what's going on here, and they are all easier to take. But they're probably wrong.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 07:22 PM
All the honkies who listen to this shit had to do was observe what blacks got away with that a white man wouldn't. The true mistake that Imus made was attempting to pretend he was black enough to get away with using the words "nappy headed ho". Being a wannabe cost him is job. White people -- Stay outta thier "neighboorhoods" to if you know what I mean.

YUP!

... An elected black woman, yesterday in the Capitol of Ga. said "Nappy haired Nigger". Is that racist?

krisy
04-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh boy,anyone watching O Relly right now.Michelle Malkin is discussing race with Someone Shabaz....of the new black panther party. He just called her a political whore for Bill O Reilly.

He's the guy that always has two of his own security guards standing behind him when he does a tv interview. What an idiot.

stephanie
04-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Jackson if a friggin hypocrite and a race pimp...

Direct Access: Jesse Jackson
Wednesday, December 16, 1998

Rev. Jesse Jackson, the CNN talk show host and former Democratic presidential hopeful, is leading an anti-impeachment rally at the Capitol on Thursday morning. Hours after President Clinton admitted his affair with Monica Lewinsky, Jackson counseled the first family. Following is a transcript of his online discussion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/talk/zforum/jackson121698.htm

SNIP:
Vienna, Va.: Why are you defending Clinton? Because of your religious conviction? Or because of political considerations?

Jackson: Religious and political. Religious in the sense that I believe that once a person has sinned, erred, and has shown contrition, that they are eligible for forgiveness, redemption and restoration. Mr. Clinton has shown contrition over and over again, and expressed his sense of shame and embarrassment. It seems that some Republicans do not want contrition, they want blood. In the political sense, I believe that Mr. Clinton has been good for America. While he, like all men, have sinned and fallen from the glory of God, his policies have helped workers, have helped seniors, have increased pay equity for women, more youth in schools. We are a stronger nation six years later. When we put his six years of service in perspective, he has been a good president

Yurt
04-12-2007, 07:38 PM

Rev. Jesse Jackson, the CNN talk show host and former Democratic presidential hopeful, is leading an anti-impeachment rally at the Capitol on Thursday morning. Hours after President Clinton admitted his affair with Monica Lewinsky, Jackson counseled the first family. Following is a transcript of his online discussion.

SNIP:
Vienna, Va.: Why are you defending Clinton? Because of your religious conviction? Or because of political considerations?

Jackson: Religious and political. Religious in the sense that I believe that once a person has sinned, erred, and has shown contrition, that they are eligible for forgiveness, redemption and restoration. Mr. Clinton has shown contrition over and over again, and expressed his sense of shame and embarrassment. It seems that some [change to democrats]Republicans do not want contrition, they want blood. In the political sense, I believe that Mr. Clinton has been good for America. While he, like all men, have sinned and fallen from the glory of God, his policies have helped workers, have helped seniors, have increased pay equity for women, more youth in schools. We are a stronger nation six years later. When we put his six years of service in perspective, he has been a good president

fools, anyone who supports this is a literal fool and hypocrit. You know you all support the man whoring billy boy just like the dear old mutliple time adulterer "reverend."

Dilloduck
04-12-2007, 07:40 PM

SNIP:

Jackson: Religious and political. Religious in the sense that I believe that once a person has sinned, erred, and has shown contrition, that they are eligible for forgiveness, redemption and restoration. Mr. Clinton has shown contrition over and over again, and expressed his sense of shame and embarrassment. It seems that some Republicans do not want contrition, they want blood. In the political sense, I believe that Mr. Clinton has been good for America. While he, like all men, have sinned and fallen from the glory of God, his policies have helped workers, have helped seniors, have increased pay equity for women, more youth in schools. We are a stronger nation six years later. When we put his six years of service in perspective, he has been a good president

Where is all the outrage rom the moderate blacks ?????? :laugh2: :laugh2:

good research, Steph.:clap:

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 07:47 PM
BS! So callin em knappy headed ho's is offensive, fine, it's NOT racist.

sure it is, as long as it is rooted in a belief that you are better than they are because of your race.

Truth is most white racists don't realize that they are racists. They just like the stolen land, the wealth that came from slavery and the cheap shoes from vietnam. It never occurs to them that centuries of racism is what put brown people on the end that makes the shoes for $10/day and white people on the end where that is half an hours "compensation" for OUR time.

krisy
04-12-2007, 07:47 PM
I guess in Jesse's eyes,God only forgives black sinners and first black presidents :coffee:

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I think the real reason why blacks are so hyper-sensitive to comments about them is that deep down, they realize their own inferiority. The truth about blacks is that they are, in fact, less intelligent, less law-abiding, less hard working, and less able to control their impulses. They are more crime-prone, more pregnancy-prone, more violence-prone. They simply aren't like white people, who are almost always calmer, smarter, more collected.

Now see? THAT is a textbook definition of racism.

stephanie
04-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Oh great..........Now we have a wannabe Jessie Jackson on the board...
Too point out to us how WE'RE ALL RACIST...
:pee:

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

That enemy is George W Bush

and yes sweet bitchcakes, post a racist post and I WILL call you on it, esp in a racism thread.

Mr. P
04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
sure it is, as long as it is rooted in a belief that you are better than they are because of your race.

Truth is most white racists don't realize that they are racists. They just like the stolen land, the wealth that came from slavery and the cheap shoes from vietnam. It never occurs to them that centuries of racism is what put brown people on the end that makes the shoes for $10/day and white people on the end where that is half an hours "compensation" for OUR time.

That's what I said, so prove it's rooted. A comment at that. You read minds, do ya?

Tell me how many people give a thought to who may have made their shoes? Even if they did that's NOT the definition of racist.

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
That's what I said, so prove it's rooted. A comment at that. You read minds, do ya?

I don't have to prove that it is rooted or read minds.

My statement was that it MIGHT be racist but we would never know.

YOU CONTESTED that and said that YOU would provide a definition of racist in which we would be able to tell if Imus's remarks were racist.

Instead you ended up agreeing with my original position.

I win.

Nuc
04-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I think the real reason why blacks are so hyper-sensitive to comments about them is that deep down, they realize their own inferiority. The truth about blacks is that they are, in fact, less intelligent, less law-abiding, less hard working, and less able to control their impulses. They are more crime-prone, more pregnancy-prone, more violence-prone. They simply aren't like white people, who are almost always calmer, smarter, more collected.

White people calmer, smarter more collected? LOL. There are plenty of Asians who feel that way about their race compared to the white race and they may even be right about that. But I doubt you are sitting around thinking about how inferior you are to Asians. Although you probably are.

Maybe racism is when you think your own race is superior because you belong to it.

04-12-2007, 11:13 PM

YOU CONTESTED that and said that YOU would provide a definition of racist in which we would be able to tell if Imus's remarks were racist.

I win.

We already know Imus isn't a racist. He hates everyone equally. That specifically defies the possibility of being racist.

But the claim isnt he is racist. Its that he said a racist slur. I still like to know whats racist about it. Women of all races can have knappy hair. The offensive part seems to be the Ho comment, but thats insulting to all races as well. We know he was addressing the basketball team which consists of more than just black women. So whats racist about it? Again its incredibly rude, stupid, and sexist, but i just dont get the racist part.

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 11:19 PM
We already know Imus isn't a racist. He hates everyone equally. That specifically defies the possibility of being racist.

But the claim isnt he is racist. Its that he said a racist slur. I still like to know whats racist about it. Women of all races can have knappy hair. The offensive part seems to be the Ho comment, but thats insulting to all races as well. We know he was addressing the basketball team which consists of more than just black women. So whats racist about it? Again its incredibly rude, stupid, and sexist, but i just dont get the racist part.

well I said the same thing BUT

did ANY of the whitey bitches on the team have nappy hair?

because if not, we gotta go with racist.

And as for Imus hating everybody.....

like a genius doctor freind of mine says about Rush Limp, "he is too smart to believe anything he says, for $59 million/year even I might say that shit".

Imus pretends to hate everyone.

He was probably pretending when he made this comment.

But he knows Manu and Gaffe will listen to his program every day if he goes all agro on the niggers ya know?

loosecannon
04-12-2007, 11:38 PM
White people calmer, smarter more collected? LOL. There are plenty of Asians who feel that way about their race compared to the white race and they may even be right about that. But I doubt you are sitting around thinking about how inferior you are to Asians. Although you probably are.

Maybe racism is when you think your own race is superior because you belong to it.

BINGO< we have a winner!!!!!!!

set up drinks for Nuc!!!!!

racism is when you think your own race is superior because you belong to it

Mr. P
04-13-2007, 12:03 AM

I win.

Sure you do. Otherwise you can't prove a comment is racist.

04-13-2007, 01:57 AM

Especially when there is no indication that is really even race related.

Nukeman
04-13-2007, 06:43 AM
well I said the same thing BUT

did ANY of the whitey bitches on the team have nappy hair?

because if not, we gotta go with racist.

And as for Imus hating everybody.....

like a genius doctor freind of mine says about Rush Limp, "he is too smart to believe anything he says, for $59 million/year even I might say that shit".

Imus pretends to hate everyone.

He was probably pretending when he made this comment.

But he knows Manu and Gaffe will listen to his program every day if he goes all agro on the niggers ya know?

If you feel Imus was rightfully fired for his "racist" comments why dont you leave this board for your "racist" comments highlighted above.. You are such a tool that likes to point out how bad whites, conservatives, republicans, and neocons are yet you dont see the hypocrisy in your own posts. Why do you think that is??

Are you maybe better than others or at least think that way. By your very definition you are a racist....:slap:

grunt
04-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Sticks and Stones
by Matthew Hart

Every so often, some dirty little news story surfaces which, despite my best efforts to ignore it, seizes the national (in)attention with such disproportional ferocity that I can’t help but sit up and wonder at its origin. While my interest in the often-incoherent ramblings of shock "journalists" approaches nonexistence, the reaction of the media and the "victims" to the recent flap over radio host Imus’ comments regarding the Rutgers female basketball team should instruct us all on the nature of modern media, business in general and the role that consumers and advertisers play in the policies of both. Ignoring the obvious fact that such inconsequential blather serves, most importantly, to distract us from the very real dangers that government poses, I’d like to focus, instead, on what this incident says about American society, in general.

Sensationalist conflict sells. The media perpetuates that conflict by reporting it. Race-baiting publicity hounds like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are products of that reporting and depend almost entirely upon it for their recognition and income. These parasites could not promote their divisive propaganda without the endorsement (or demonization) that that reporting provides. Rev. Sharpton’s demand that the FCC do something about this "hate speech" should come as a surprise to no one. As trivial as this story seems, it points to the much larger problem with Americans: their belief that no problem exists that a little government intervention can’t solve. The free market solution, the simple act of looking away, of withdrawing one’s support of a commodity that one finds reprehensible, simply doesn’t cut it. Nothing short of blood will do.

Sharpton and Jackson don’t want revenge, though. Whatever they may say, they really seek to engender a culture of victimization, which cements their positions as racial whistle-blowers in the minds of the "victims" and guarantees a paycheck to these perpetual pot-stirrers. Few seem to be saying, though, that this issue really should exist only between Imus, his employers and their advertisers, who make their decision to withdraw funding for the show (or maintain it) based on the reactions of the viewers or listeners.

And what about these supposed victims? One of the players was quoted as having said "this has scarred me for life." Really? For life? It seems hardly possible that what amounts to a schoolyard taunt should or could scar anyone for life. Please, let’s grow up and move along here, folks. Paying attention to such drivel only lends it power.

Do we really want to tell the rest of the world that, far from being the hardy individualists who fought off the largest empire in the world to attain the freedom to say and do as we like, we now can’t reach over and hit the power switch on a TV or radio when we hear something that we don’t like? Of course, that assumes that they don’t already see us in this light. Since I find it difficult to imagine too many countries worldwide whose subjects haven’t already boarded that over-the-cliff bullet train to servitude, I can’t see that our image matters much. What matters is how we see ourselves in relation to authority and how we act towards it as a result. We are only the slaves that we make ourselves. Do we really want to move names into the same category as sticks and stones? I pray that on this issue of freedom, we can someday look back and say that we knew at least as much about name-calling as any five-year-old child.

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Sticks and Stones
by Matthew Hart

Every so often, some dirty little news story surfaces which, despite my best efforts to ignore it, seizes the national (in)attention with such disproportional ferocity that I can’t help but sit up and wonder at its origin. While my interest in the often-incoherent ramblings of shock "journalists" approaches nonexistence, the reaction of the media and the "victims" to the recent flap over radio host Imus’ comments regarding the Rutgers female basketball team should instruct us all on the nature of modern media, business in general and the role that consumers and advertisers play in the policies of both. Ignoring the obvious fact that such inconsequential blather serves, most importantly, to distract us from the very real dangers that government poses, I’d like to focus, instead, on what this incident says about American society, in general.

Sensationalist conflict sells. The media perpetuates that conflict by reporting it. Race-baiting publicity hounds like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are products of that reporting and depend almost entirely upon it for their recognition and income. These parasites could not promote their divisive propaganda without the endorsement (or demonization) that that reporting provides. Rev. Sharpton’s demand that the FCC do something about this "hate speech" should come as a surprise to no one. As trivial as this story seems, it points to the much larger problem with Americans: their belief that no problem exists that a little government intervention can’t solve. The free market solution, the simple act of looking away, of withdrawing one’s support of a commodity that one finds reprehensible, simply doesn’t cut it. Nothing short of blood will do.

Sharpton and Jackson don’t want revenge, though. Whatever they may say, they really seek to engender a culture of victimization, which cements their positions as racial whistle-blowers in the minds of the "victims" and guarantees a paycheck to these perpetual pot-stirrers. Few seem to be saying, though, that this issue really should exist only between Imus, his employers and their advertisers, who make their decision to withdraw funding for the show (or maintain it) based on the reactions of the viewers or listeners.

And what about these supposed victims? One of the players was quoted as having said "this has scarred me for life." Really? For life? It seems hardly possible that what amounts to a schoolyard taunt should or could scar anyone for life. Please, let’s grow up and move along here, folks. Paying attention to such drivel only lends it power.

Do we really want to tell the rest of the world that, far from being the hardy individualists who fought off the largest empire in the world to attain the freedom to say and do as we like, we now can’t reach over and hit the power switch on a TV or radio when we hear something that we don’t like? Of course, that assumes that they don’t already see us in this light. Since I find it difficult to imagine too many countries worldwide whose subjects haven’t already boarded that over-the-cliff bullet train to servitude, I can’t see that our image matters much. What matters is how we see ourselves in relation to authority and how we act towards it as a result. We are only the slaves that we make ourselves. Do we really want to move names into the same category as sticks and stones? I pray that on this issue of freedom, we can someday look back and say that we knew at least as much about name-calling as any five-year-old child.

Excellent!

Edit: Another I can't rep yet.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 11:39 AM

Dumbo, get your facts straight:

I sed we can't know if the comment was racist

YOU said it wasn't and that you could provide a definition that PROVES it.

You didn't, you can't. You posted a definition that supported what I said.

GAWD i have to spell out everything to you clowns.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 11:42 AM
If you feel Imus was rightfully fired for his "racist" comments why dont you leave this board for your "racist" comments highlighted above.. You are such a tool that likes to point out how bad whites, conservatives, republicans, and neocons are yet you dont see the hypocrisy in your own posts. Why do you think that is??

Are you maybe better than others or at least think that way. By your very definition you are a racist....:slap:

Muy estupido,

I never said Imus's comments were racist.

I also never said anything about whether he should be fired.

And i was using that language to make a point to all ya'll methane breathers.

If you are so excruciatingly dense as to imagine I am saying things that I don't say you aren't qualified for public discussion.

Gunny
04-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Muy estupido,

If you are so excruciatingly dense as to imagine I am saying things that I don't say you aren't qualified for public discussion.

oye maricon ...

Let us review .....

I agree. No problem there.

Why is it the default position is racist until proven innocent? And why is it only white hold that default position?

You can regurgitate history all you want, but the fact is, if the Pilgrims thought like you, the Mayflower'd still be sitting offshore for fear of offending the red man. Then where would YOU be?

it's water under the bridge. None of were around to own slaves. None of us were around to disenfranchise the red man.

But for some reasons whites are supposed to feel guilty about it NOW? There isn't a racist bone in my body. Nor is there a secular progressive, politically correct one. Nor is there even an ounce of apology for my race, and what people did long before any of us were born, but some want to hold whites accountable for.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 12:19 PM
oye maricon ...

Let us review .....

Why is it the default position is racist until proven innocent? And why is it only white hold that default position?

You can regurgitate history all you want, but the fact is, if the Pilgrims thought like you, the Mayflower'd still be sitting offshore for fear of offending the red man. Then where would YOU be?

it's water under the bridge. None of were around to own slaves. None of us were around to disenfranchise the red man.

But for some reasons whites are supposed to feel guilty about it NOW? There isn't a racist bone in my body. Nor is there a secular progressive, politically correct one. Nor is there even an ounce of apology for my race, and what people did long before any of us were born, but some want to hold whites accountable for.

First of all we are still disenfranchising the red man and treating blacks like shit.

But even if we can't find agreement on that perhaps you could read the thread before jumping to conclusions.

1 I said we can't know if Imus's comments were racist

2another poster sed, sure we can know that they WEREN"T racist if we use the real def of racism

3 I sed show me that def

4the def sed racism is the belief that other races were inferior

5 I responded by demonstrating that a belief that another race is inferior is expressed by a whole long list of racist actions

which is what you quoted

You can't engage in a laundry list the length of the US record of racism without having a belief that those other races aren't inferior.

6Then that other poster got confused by complexity and began arguing my side of the argument and pretending I was arguing his side.

Please try to keep up

manu1959
04-14-2007, 12:31 PM
"we" dont believe other races are inferior.....imus said a stupid, rude, bigotted sex thing....he paid with his job...his boss has the right to do that....people have the right to bitch and moan about what he said....

the US does not engage in systematic oppression of races.....if anything the US goes out of its way to help non-european whites .... so as to make up for errors of past generations of european whites ..... it is called white guilt .... and i dare say it is practised by the majority ... the radical non-whites are reading this as weakness .... we shall see where this goes

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 01:45 PM
"we" dont believe other races are inferior

Sure we do, be real.

One example:

If you hear a news story today that 100 Americans are killed in a car bombing today, or even 15 brits kidnapped....

does that effect you more, the same or less than hearing that 15 Pakistanis were kidnapped or 199 Iraqis died in a car bombing in Sadr city?

You care far more about your own race than you do negroes in Sudan, or brownies in Vietnam, or chinks in China, and Islamofascists in Tehran.

That's a fact Jack.

the US does not engage in systematic oppression of races

Sure try telling that to the other 95% of the world. Everybody is smart enough enough to know the US has always engaged in systematic oppression and usually genocide of other races.

Hell we even do it right here in the US and always have.

manu1959
04-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Sure we do, be real.

One example:

If you hear a news story today that 100 Americans are killed in a car bombing today, or even 15 brits kidnapped....

does that effect you more, the same or less than hearing that 15 Pakistanis were kidnapped or 199 Iraqis died in a car bombing in Sadr city?

You care far more about your own race than you do negroes in Sudan, or brownies in Vietnam, or chinks in China, and Islamofascists in Tehran.

That's a fact Jack. .

really? .... please tell me more about what i think .... and who i care about ....

Sure try telling that to the other 95% of the world. Everybody is smart enough enough to know the US has always engaged in systematic oppression and usually genocide of other races.

really? .... got any links to your claims .... hell why not just tell me which race the us is systematically opressing .... exterminating ... one each in the US and abroad .... just name four races....

manu1959
04-14-2007, 01:59 PM
imus paid for what he said with his job.....sharpton may pay with his life....

these people are all nuts....

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_104002437.html

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Dumbo, get your facts straight:

I sed we can't know if the comment was racist

YOU said it wasn't and that you could provide a definition that PROVES it.

You didn't, you can't. You posted a definition that supported what I said.

GAWD i have to spell out everything to you clowns.

:laugh2: Me get my facts straight?:laugh2:

Perhaps you should review your posts.

#10 you said it wasn't racist.
#33 you said maybe it was racist.

So which is it? I think it was a bigoted comment. Racist, no. The comment in no way indicated superiority of one race over another.

Yurt
04-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Sure we do, be real.

One example:

That's a fact Jack.

"Americans" and "Brits" are not a "race" .........

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 02:20 PM
really? .... please tell me more about what i think .... and who i care about ....

really? .... got any links to your claims .... hell why not just tell me which race the us is systematically opressing .... exterminating ... one each in the US and abroad .... just name four races....

You won't answer the question.

You care more about europeans and whites than about browns and that is more than evident by reactions to events like the 15 kidnapped brits vs the several hundred iranians imprisoned in Iraq, the US casualties on 9/11 vs the 650,000 Iraqi casualties since 2003.

If you won't admit it, don't blame me.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 02:22 PM
"Americans" and "Brits" are not a "race" .........

You ought to check out what the real definitions of racism say about that.

RTace is defined today by groups that consider themselves to be of a like group, not by genetics or even color.

Americans and Brits ARE a race. Hell we were even the same country just a short while ago, when we owned black people like cattle.

Kathianne
04-14-2007, 02:22 PM
You won't answer the question.

You care more about europeans and whites than about browns and that is more than evident by reactions to events like the 15 kidnapped brits vs the several hundred iranians imprisoned in Iraq, the US casualties on 9/11 vs the 650,000 Iraqi casualties since 2003.

If you won't admit it, don't blame me.
I don't feel that way, doubt Manu does either. But in any case, you've made the argument that regardless of our feelings/convictions, we lose. We either agree with your condemnation or we are in denial, either way, you win.

A legend in your own mind.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 02:24 PM
:laugh2: Me get my facts straight?:laugh2:

Perhaps you should review your posts.

#10 you said it wasn't racist.
#33 you said maybe it was racist.

So which is it? I think it was a bigoted comment. Racist, no. The comment in no way indicated superiority of one race over another.

I said both, but the one I have repeated numerous times is we can not tell based on the definitions you provided.

Try arguing with what I am saying not what you imagine i am saying.

Cuz never once did I say Imus comments were racist. Or wrong.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't feel that way, doubt Manu does either. But in any case, you've made the argument that regardless of our feelings/convictions, we lose. We either agree with your condemnation or we are in denial, either way, you win.

A legend in your own mind.

So then you are outraged 200 times more about the US destruction of Iraq and Iraqi casualties as you are about 9/11? And you think Manu will concur?

And you thought the kidnapped brit story was less than trivial? And that Manu will concur?

I seriously doubt it.

What about the 3/4 of a million in Sudan who have been slaughtered? Lose much sleep?

See I didn't lose a minute of sleep worrying about the slaughter in Sudan. Or the Tsunami victims.

Not that I didn't care but really, even I don't care as mauch about other nations and races as I do about my own. Nobody does.

Everybody is racist, it is a universal human trait.

But at least I can admit that, while you apparently can not.

Tell you what, when we stop fighting wars i will take your POV seriously.

You pretty much can't have warfare if one nation doesn't value themselves above the other, or consider themselves superior.

Hugh Lincoln
04-14-2007, 02:30 PM
racism is when you think your own race is superior because you belong to it

If this were true, Al Sharpton would be a racist. Israeli Jews would be racists. The "La Raza" activists would be racists.

But they're not. Nobody is going to fire a non-white person for even the most harsh "racist" statement or expressed belief in superiority.

So try again.

Yurt
04-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Muy estupido,

Yes you did:

You are basically saying the comment is racist here.

Then you were glad that he lost sponsors and was fired:

BS.

They pulled his plug.

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I said both, but the one I have repeated numerous times is we can not tell based on the definitions you provided.

You love to chase yer tail don't ya?

Yurt
04-14-2007, 02:35 PM

So which is John Kerry? I never said, but I said both. :coffee:

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 02:52 PM
So which is John Kerry? I never said, but I said both. :coffee:

I NEVER said it was racism

I originally said once that it wasn't

I shortly qualified that to say it is impossible for us to tell iof it was racist but I wasn't calling it racism.

If you are too dense to get that Yurt, you are too dense for this board.

Gunny
04-14-2007, 03:32 PM
First of all we are still disenfranchising the red man and treating blacks like shit.

I'm not. No one I associate with is, nor do I support anyone guilty of either. Are you?

But even if we can't find agreement on that perhaps you could read the thread before jumping to conclusions.

1 I said we can't know if Imus's comments were racist

2another poster sed, sure we can know that they WEREN"T racist if we use the real def of racism

3 I sed show me that def

4the def sed racism is the belief that other races were inferior

5 I responded by demonstrating that a belief that another race is inferior is expressed by a whole long list of racist actions

which is what you quoted

You can't engage in a laundry list the length of the US record of racism without having a belief that those other races aren't inferior.

6Then that other poster got confused by complexity and began arguing my side of the argument and pretending I was arguing his side.

Please try to keep up

Keeping up with you is hard. I have to slow down to a half-step and it hurts my knees.

Where I suspect we disagree is on that "laundry list" of politically correct bullshit called "racist actions."

Since i had imprtant things to do, like wash my big, fire-engine red, redneck 3/4 ton GMC pickup so I can look good while chewing Redman, drinking Busch, dressed in boots, camouflaged cap, and cut off Wranglers dragging dem niggah's, fags, beaners and wetbacks behind it a few times around the trailer park .... perhaps you would be so kind as to reproduce this laundry list, if you alreadyhave.

Said1
04-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Keeping up with you is hard. I have to slow down to a half-step and it hurts my knees.

Where I suspect we disagree is on that "laundry list" of politically correct bullshit called "racist actions."

Since i had imprtant things to do, like wash my big, fire-engine red, redneck 3/4 ton GMC pickup so I can look good while chewing Redman, drinking Busch, dressed in boots, camouflaged cap, and cut off Wranglers dragging dem niggah's, fags, beaners and wetbacks behind it a few times around the trailer park .... perhaps you would be so kind as to reproduce this laundry list, if you alreadyhave.

Are you sure that's a good idea? Mileage creates depreciation, doens't it?

Kathianne
04-14-2007, 03:37 PM

At nearly $3 a gallon, sure does. Wait, that was 'depreciation', not depression. ;)

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 03:40 PM

Gunny Bear,

The list is in the thread.

It was however beside the point.

I dispensed it because it demonstrated that the def Mr P posted includes racist slang, like Knappy headed ho, Tarbaby, etc.

And those aren't just half steps son, you are having to run to keep up.

I will post slower, OK?

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Gunny Bear,

I dispensed it because it demonstrated that the def Mr P posted includes racist slang, like Knappy headed ho, Tarbaby, etc.

I will post slower, OK?

You really should explore the definition of bigot vs racist..

manu1959
04-14-2007, 03:46 PM
At nearly $3 a gallon, sure does. Wait, that was 'depreciation', not depression. ;)

$3 a gallon where?! .... i paid 3.75 the other day in SF

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 03:48 PM

$2.65 here. :poke:

Kathianne
04-14-2007, 04:02 PM

Avg around here, $2.93 for regular.

manu1959
$2.65 here. :poke:

california hasn't built a new refinery in decades ...... and it has all its clean air tree hugger rules....costs us an extra buck a gallon...then all the tree hugger blame bush....

Gaffer
loosecomrade is sure quick to throw that "we" shit out there. like he has a mouse in his pocket. Since I'm part Iriquois I demand loosecomrade give me one third of his property and income to make up for all wrongs his people did to my people 200 years ago. And according to him he are still doing. A cashiers cheque will do nicely for a start.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 05:11 PM
loosecomrade is sure quick to throw that "we" shit out there. like he has a mouse in his pocket. Since I'm part Iriquois I demand loosecomrade give me one third of his property and income to make up for all wrongs his people did to my people 200 years ago. And according to him he are still doing. A cashiers cheque will do nicely for a start.

Comrade Gaffe, for a start, can you explain how you became 1/3 Iroquois? The math is actually pretty tricky.

Second you will have to take up your claim with the Bureau of Indian affairs where it will be rejected.

But on behalf of whitees in all fifty states, We extend our sincere appreciation for this fine land.

Oh BTW, did you know that you owe yourself reparations in the amount of $66,666 =/- depending on how you look at it?

Yurt
04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
I NEVER said it was racism

I originally said once that it wasn't

I shortly qualified that to say it is impossible for us to tell iof it was racist but I wasn't calling it racism.

If you are too dense to get that Yurt, you are too dense for this board.

I called you out here

You did say it was racism and you did want Imus fired. Your lies are catching up, but then again, your preoccupation with logically fallacies such as [url=http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html]Argumentum ad Hominem (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=39012&postcount=83post[/url) sorely hinders your ability to form a logical argument or form a rational thought.

Think about it, take out the personal attacks in almost all of your posts and the post is reduced to drivel.

Yurt
04-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Gunny Bear,

I will post slower, OK?

You just got caught AGAIN calling what Imus said racial slang. :poke:

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I called you out here

You did say it was racism and you did want Imus fired. Your lies are catching up, but then again, your preoccupation with logically fallacies such as [url=http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html]Argumentum ad Hominem (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=39012&postcount=83post[/url) sorely hinders your ability to form a logical argument or form a rational thought.

Think about it, take out the personal attacks in almost all of your posts and the post is reduced to drivel.

No Your link didn't open and I didn't say Imus's comments were racist.

I have never commented on his comments in terms of them being racist.

I have argued against those who said that his comments were NOT racist because the truth is we don't know.

Yurt
04-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Post #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosecannon
Muy estupido,

Yes you did:

Quote:

Quote:
BS.

They pulled his plug.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 05:33 PM
You just got caught AGAIN calling what Imus said racial slang. :poke:

You just tripped over your own tongue.

Racism implies intent. We do not know Imus's intent.

We do know that the words he used created some people, well many, to feel like he was attacking them. The phrase Knappy headed Ho could be racist.

Or it could have been a really bad joke that went way south on him, or just something he did to appeal to his audience.

I know that is a lot of nuance for you to handle Yurt, but if you want to, I am sure you will figure it out, or vice versa.

manu1959
04-14-2007, 05:36 PM

We do know that the words he used created some people, well many, to feel like he was attacking them. The phrase Knappy headed Ho could be racist.

Or it could have been a really bad joke that went way south on him, or just something he did to appeal to his audience.

I know that is a lot of nuance for you to handle Yurt, but if you want to, I am sure you will figure it out, or vice versa.

so imus comment was a compliment?

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 05:37 PM

I surely never sed i was glad he lost sponsors, you are either daft or being intentionally obtuse.

Second NO I was arguing with somebody who was claiming that Imus's comments WERE NOT racist. and he had provided some justification something like 30% of the girls on the team were white.

What I was saying was "yeah but did those white gorls have knappy heads?"

Because if they didn't his argument had no legs.

If you persist in understanding what I said and pretending to be a better authority than me over what I mean when i speak then do so....

at the risk of being wrong again.

Yurt

I just posted what you said loosy. You said "knappy headed hos" was a RACIST comment. Imus made that comment. Thus, according to your own words, Imus made a racist comment.

You also said:

I
also never said anything about whether he should be fired.

Which is a flat out lie, because you said here:

They pulled his plug.

Instead of bitching about my abilities to handle nuances, why don't you focus on your own shortcomings in logic and truth. Simply attacking me does not take away from my points, no matter how long you hold your breath and wish it to be so.

Gaffer
Comrade Gaffe, for a start, can you explain how you became 1/3 Iroquois? The math is actually pretty tricky.

Second you will have to take up your claim with the Bureau of Indian affairs where it will be rejected.

But on behalf of whitees in all fifty states, We extend our sincere appreciation for this fine land.

Oh BTW, did you know that you owe yourself reparations in the amount of $66,666 =/- depending on how you look at it?

your the one so casually throwing out that whity owes everybody. I would think you would be greatful for the opportunity to assage your guilt by paying me money. After all isn't that what your all about? Guilt trips.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 06:00 PM
your the one so casually throwing out that whity owes everybody. I would think you would be greatful for the opportunity to assage your guilt by paying me money. After all isn't that what your all about? Guilt trips.

No gaffe, I merely brought up the racist angle because it was the thread topic and it was necesary to demonstrate to MR P that his definition of racism neither proved his point nor excluded actual racist acts and speech.

I don't know how many times i have to say this gaffe, but try to think more, jump to fewer assumptions about what you think people mean and read the threads.

You are so far off again that I am almost embarrased for you.

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 06:08 PM
No gaffe, I merely brought up the racist angle because it was the thread topic and it was necesary to demonstrate to MR P that his definition of racism neither proved his point nor excluded actual racist acts and speech.

I don't know how many times i have to say this gaffe, but try to think more, jump to fewer assumptions about what you think people mean and read the threads.

:laugh2: You failed to prove anything.

Gunny
04-14-2007, 06:21 PM

Ah the sacrifices one must make to be a hatemongering racist ....:laugh2:

Gunny
04-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Gunny Bear,

I will post slower, OK?

You can post at whatever speed you wish, and needn't worry about me.

And dude, Mr P has a stellar reputation .... if he says you are a nappy-headed ho, I suggest you go wash and comb your locks.

If you're waiting on anyone around here besides the oh-so-condescending one you brought along on your coattails to agree with a politically correct definition of racism, I suggest you not hold your breath.

On second thought .......

typomaniac
04-14-2007, 07:26 PM
If you're waiting on anyone around here besides the oh-so-condescending one you brought along on your coattails to agree with a politically correct definition of racism, I suggest you not hold your breath.

On second thought .......I'm sorry; did you have anything to say to me, tough guy? Couldn't muster the courage to get my attention first?

krisy
04-14-2007, 08:23 PM

I beleive he said he was PART Iroquois. He said you owe him 1/3 land. Just wanted to point that out,since he is being accused of not reading posts right.

Gunny
04-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm sorry; did you have anything to say to me, tough guy? Couldn't muster the courage to get my attention first?

Are you high? Stop trying my patience. I've been more than nice to your dumb ass considering the pure drivel you've spewed my way. Despite that, you;re pretty fucking funny when you aren't trying to emulate Francis the Talking Mule.

And I wasn't aware I need to send a pre-I'm going to post post before saying what i had to say.:laugh2:

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 08:32 PM
:laugh2: You failed to prove anything.

Fine I didn't have to. YOU claimed that once we started using the def of Racism that you could provide we would all agree that Imus's comments were NOT racist.

You were wrong. It is still inconclusive. I think it was even you who first mentioned intent.

YOU make an assertion> the burden of proof is on you.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
You can post at whatever speed you wish, and needn't worry about me.

And dude, Mr P has a stellar reputation .... if he says you are a nappy-headed ho, I suggest you go wash and comb your locks.

On second thought .......

Hardly, Your coat tail freind Mr P is the one who promised a politically correct def of racism.

You could send that breath holding advice to him.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 08:37 PM
I beleive he said he was PART Iroquois. He said you owe him 1/3 land. Just wanted to point that out,since he is being accused of not reading posts right.

You believe wrong, he said he was 1/3 Iroquois.

krisy
04-14-2007, 08:44 PM
You believe wrong,

NO,I don't think I do

Sitarro
04-14-2007, 08:51 PM
NO,I don't think I do

oooops.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Gaffer
04-14-2007, 08:56 PM

I guess this means your guilt trip is not real and the checks not in the mail. what happened to all that caring and sharing you libs love to preach?

shattered
04-14-2007, 08:58 PM
NO,I don't think I do

I'd suggest cash - cashiers checks can be stolen and forged..Even a money order is a better bet.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 09:02 PM
NO,I don't think I do

He changed it, I read it twice the first time i saw it, which is why I questioned his odd choice of words.

And he didn't object to my question.

You should really stay out of the line of fire before you get burnt again.

Gaffer
04-14-2007, 09:02 PM
NO,I don't think I do

Thanks Krisy, he made a assumption based on the amount I asked for. Guess I should ask for two thirds now.

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Fine I didn't have to. YOU claimed that once we started using the def of Racism that you could provide we would all agree that Imus's comments were NOT racist.

You were wrong. It is still inconclusive. I think it was even you who first mentioned intent.

YOU make an assertion> the burden of proof is on you.

Nope sorry, I never said such a thing. I said the definition of racism was...and if you understood it you would know.

The belief that one race is superior over another. Simple, that's the TRUE definition. It's not a comment about 'nappy' hair or 'cracker'.

So now do you simply get it? My guess is no. So check out the definition of bigot.

Relax yer whipped.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I guess this means your guilt trip is not real and the checks not in the mail. what happened to all that caring and sharing you libs love to preach?

If that is your way of apologizing for accusing me of laying out a guilt trip it isn't necesary.

You assumed. The odd couple had a lesson about assumptions, do you remember it?

Remember this classic scene from the Odd Couple?

Felix Unger: [to woman on witness stand] Ah ... you assumed. My dear, you should never assume. You see, when you assume... [Felix writes the word "assume" on a blackboard] ... you make an ass out of u and me.

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 09:15 PM
He changed it, I read it twice the first time i saw it, which is why I questioned his odd choice of words.

And he didn't object to my question.

You should really stay out of the line of fire before you get burnt again.

Go back and read post #96 again dipstick. It was never edited which means ,what? He didn't change it and you're full of shit. You're getting old, Buckwheat.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 09:17 PM
I said the definition of racism was...and if you understood it you would know.

And you were wrong, you can't know

Relax you're whipped.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Go back and read post #96 again dipstick. It was never edited which means ,what? He didn't change it and you're full of shit. You're getting old, Buckwheat.

Really P, I just edited the post above this one, can you tell for sure if I did or did not?

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
And you were wrong, you can't know

Relax you're whipped.

Like I said earlier, you like chasing yer tail. You've suggested some are not intelligent enough to post here, I believe that was self descriptive.

krisy
04-14-2007, 09:33 PM

Exactly P. He's been had. He knows as well as we do that gaffer didn't chnge it.

The only reason I would even pick on such a thing is because he was accusing gaffer of not reading things right.

krisy
04-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Someone might want to let jim know that the word "edit" that shows at the bottom of a post that has been edited is working for everyone on the board except for loose. :laugh2:

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Like I said earlier, you like chasing yer tail. You've suggested some are not intelligent enough to post here, I believe that was self descriptive.

You were still wrong, I was still right.

I mispoke what exactly you were wrong about, but I was still right.

Now man up and admit you were wrong or just drop your false righteousness.

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 09:51 PM

:laugh2: Yer owned.

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 10:08 PM
:laugh2: Yer owned.

Well if you were a bigger man you would admit that you were wrong.

You can't know if Imus was making a racist comment based on the definition you provided.

Sorry Dude but you lose.

Take your medicine or go graze in the field of chumps.

Gaffer
04-14-2007, 10:25 PM

he was wrong but he's still right. That makes sense. And if he gets some of his supporters to agree with him he'll be twice as wrong and twice as right.

sounds so much like I was for the war before I was against it.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 10:54 PM
he was wrong but he's still right. That makes sense. And if he gets some of his supporters to agree with him he'll be twice as wrong and twice as right.

sounds so much like I was for the war before I was against it.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Look Dipshit, I was right all along.

I misquoted him.

Is that too tough for you?

shattered
04-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Look Dipshit, I was right all along.

I misquoted him.

Is that too tough for you?

Would that be one of the "personal attacks" your "side" is famous for "not" making?

Mr. P
04-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Would that be one of the "personal attacks" your "side" is famous for "not" making?

Yup, and there are bunch more by the same poster in this thread as well.

shattered
04-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Yup, and there are bunch more by the same poster in this thread as well.

Sarcasm, m'dear.. See, Samantha and I were just "discussing" that earlier today, and I'd like to see her opinion on it...

loosecannon
04-14-2007, 11:23 PM

look Chattered,

And please get this one the first time

I have no side. I am a solitary player.

I am neither a dem or a repub, not a librul or what you call a conservative.

I am an asshole.

And I am an independent.

You are also an asshole, but you have far too much false pride to dig it.

so don't waste your self righteous act on me sweet cheeks.

shattered
04-15-2007, 06:36 AM
look Chattered,

I am an asshole.

And I am an independent.

DING! DING! DING!

First damned sensible thing you've said that I've seen. It's also the first step to recovery.

04-15-2007, 09:28 AM
look Chattered,

I am an asshole.

And I am an independent.

It's funny how many of you Marxists are "Independent" despite the fact that you agree all the time.