PDA

View Full Version : Another GOP rat bails from the sinking ship

gabosaurus
08-07-2009, 12:35 PM
How many Republican Congressmen want to run in 2010? The number is dwindling.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/1175846.html

MtnBiker
08-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Again, you might want to inform yourself a little. Martinez is a Senator, not a congressman and he was not going to run for another term anyway.

gabosaurus
08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
I meant the entire Congressional delegation, senators and congressmen.
And his bailout leaves the seat vulnerable.
Might want to real a little closer, Mr. MountainBiker.

MtnBiker
08-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Yet you claim the number is dwindling, how is it dwindling, when Martinez wasn't seeking reelection. A replacemnt will be appointed by republican Govenor Crist and the seat will in effect have an incumbent running, that is an advantage. Your attempt to paint the republican party having dwindling canidates is laughable.

Trigg
08-07-2009, 12:52 PM

The approval rating for Congress is in the toilet. I guess we'll see who's right, but I predict the dems loose seats.

The American people arn't happy with all the bailouts.

08-07-2009, 02:15 PM

How is a retiring Senator resigning earlier than expected leaving a seat vulnerable? If anything it places the Republicans in a stronger position because they now have an incumbant.

Insein
08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
How is a retiring Senator resigning earlier than expected leaving a seat vulnerable? If anything it places the Republicans in a stronger position because they now have an incumbant.

Cut her some slack. The LA times didn't explain that part.

stephanie
08-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Cut her some slack. The LA times didn't explain that part.

made me laugh...:thumb:

5stringJeff
08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Yet you claim the number is dwindling, how is it dwindling, when Martinez wasn't seeking reelection. A replacemnt will be appointed by republican Govenor Crist and the seat will in effect have an incumbent running, that is an advantage. Your attempt to paint the republican party having dwindling canidates is laughable.

Certainly, the GOP has no shortage of candidates. Whether they have any candidates with principles is a whole other story.

stephanie
08-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Certainly, the GOP has no shortage of candidates. Whether they have any candidates with principles is a whole other story.

I'm wondering about that myself..
I am really believing we need term limits on these people..I know the vote is suppose to take care of those things, but not enough people today pay any attention to politics to make a good decision in my opinion...I mean look what we have now as President..

DragonStryk72
08-07-2009, 07:34 PM

Eh, I see this whole thing as the natural reaction to the horrible run Bush had. He showed America what happens when one party gains complete control (at least til 06, after that, you can look to your own party, since they came into their majority in congress). We've screwed the pooch by going all the way to the extreme right, and so now, we're screwing it up going all the way to the extreme left. Hopefully, when the dust settles, Americans will wake up and begin to see that both groups are morons, who should be ignored as such, and we can dig our collective heads out of our ass.

Insein
08-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Eh, I see this whole thing as the natural reaction to the horrible run Bush had. He showed America what happens when one party gains complete control (at least til 06, after that, you can look to your own party, since they came into their majority in congress). We've screwed the pooch by going all the way to the extreme right, and so now, we're screwing it up going all the way to the extreme left. Hopefully, when the dust settles, Americans will wake up and begin to see that both groups are morons, who should be ignored as such, and we can dig our collective heads out of our ass.

We never made it to the extreme right. Far left is totalitarianism. Far right is anarchy.

We made it maybe to the middle during Bush years. Spending was still out of control and the government still ran alot of our lives while wanting to intrude into more. Bush was more conservative on principles of security and taxes but horribly liberal on spending and government control. I would welcome something closer to anarchy then totalitarianism anyday cause at least in anarchy, you're free.

08-07-2009, 10:34 PM

We never made it to the right, let alone the extreme right. When the heck did the government shrink? When did we repeal federal programs?

cat slave
08-09-2009, 11:53 AM

ROTFL.....its a sure thing that we have seen the last of John Edwards, just
an example there to make the point that the **** is not only on one side.

cat slave
08-09-2009, 11:55 AM
We never made it to the extreme right. Far left is totalitarianism. Far right is anarchy.

We made it maybe to the middle during Bush years. Spending was still out of control and the government still ran alot of our lives while wanting to intrude into more. Bush was more conservative on principles of security and taxes but horribly liberal on spending and government control. I would welcome something closer to anarchy then totalitarianism anyday cause at least in anarchy, you're free.

Good points! Bush lost me with his refusal to secure our southern border.
And wheres that fence????:salute:

I agree with you, Id rather have freedom no matter what else.

Insein
08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Good points! Bush lost me with his refusal to secure our southern border.
And wheres that fence????:salute:

I agree with you, Id rather have freedom no matter what else.

The fence was shameless appeasment to anti-illegal people. They knew it would never go through. It was just to try and show that they were doing something.

Ultimately I said no to it because a fence would cost too much but with the way Washington is throwing money around these days, whats a couple billion to build a fence?

cat slave
08-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Oh, I realize that and knew it would never be built but Id still like to see it.

On the other hand why should tax payers have to foot the bill to put up
a physical barrier when all that has to be done is enforce the laws regarding
the employment of illegal aliens.

No jobs, no services, no problems!!!