PDA

View Full Version : I need you to die

emmett
08-08-2009, 04:14 PM
October 5, 2013

It's early in the morning at Government Hospital # 13368 in New York City (population 15,000,000, down 32 % in 3 years) The lights of the scantily light corridor displaying the personna of the American attitude since the adoption of Government ran Health casre in 2010. An elderly man lays in pain in his hospital bed which sits in a dorm he shares with 31 other moaning, groaning seniors who wait to die in one of America's new "Hospice Centers".

In walks Ined Udodie, (pronounced: I need you to die), a musslim transfer doctor who has been hired by the government since the mutiny of America's doctors. He will be making his rounds this morning to determine who will finally succumb to their illnesses so he can write the proforma for his supervisor who is responsible to the Government's panel who decides who gets care life saving care and who does not.

"Good Morning Mrs. Johnson," he murmers as he leans over an otherwise healthy 76 yerar old woman with a serious kidney illness.

"Get away from me!" she gasps as she attempts to maintain her composure and dignity, which at this stage of her life is all she has. She has spent another long night fighting the symptoms of the poison that now infiltrates her bloodstream as it slowly kills her. Ten years ago some simple treatment and medication would have seen her realize improvement but unable to afford these lifesaving items she has but only to look forward to the moment when she can finally expire. She prays for the moment to approach.

The doctor meanders from one bed to another in anticipation of a patient who is a good prospect. One that will expire today. He sees Mr. Smith, a 59 year old male whom he is familiar with. "Damn it took that bastard a long time," he thinks to himself. Smith, a smoker with late stage Emphasema, has finally taken a turn for the worst after being admitted several weeks earlier. "Irresponsible people eating up the resources of their fellow taxpayer," Udedie thinks to himself. He looks around and sees that most patients are preoccupied with their pain or still asleep. He pulls the small vile from his pocket and draws it's contents into a prepared "used" syrenge he carries for this purpose. He must have this used one for the government keeps close inventory.

He injects Mr. Smith. This will help hurry the process

cat slave
08-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Unnerving to say the least and very possibly in our future!

Stephen
08-09-2009, 04:56 PM
"Good Morning Mrs. Johnson," he murmers as he leans over an otherwise healthy 76 yerar old woman with a serious kidney illness.

"Get away from me!" she gasps as she attempts to maintain her composure and dignity, which at this stage of her life is all she has.

you forgot to say, that while she says this Mrs. Johnson kicks the guy in the face. :lol: but other then that it is a very disturbing and frightening thing to think about.

gabosaurus
08-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Soylent green is people!!

emmett
08-13-2009, 08:52 AM
As Udodie exits the Hospice area he recieves a phone call on his government issued cell phone.

"Hello," he answers.
"Doctor Udodie. This is Icantdo Saveyu over here at the Government Medical Complex. I have a decision on a patient of yours. Mr Wilcox, the 54 year old patient with the unknown ailments in Room 385."
"Yes"
"He has brideged his allotment of expense that can be spent on one taxpayer. Since his prognosis is still unclear he must be terminated to avoid further expense."
"I see."
"The Death Panel has decided that he can not recieve any further expensive testing."
"I understand."
"It is unfortunate."
"Yes."
"Take care of that."
"As soon as I can get to him I will. I have several terminations today."
"I understand, do your best."