PDA

View Full Version : A Black and Gold Super Bowl repeat?

gabosaurus
08-08-2009, 11:10 PM
I have just got this in writing from my friend and bridesmaid Katie, the ultimate Pittsburgh Steelers fan (who else was wrapped in a black-and-gold blanket at birth?).
Katie sees another Steelers win in the 2010 Super Bowl. Her fiance is pulling for the Cowboys. But he refuses to bet on it (Katie says if she won, her wedding dress would be black and gold).

Anyone else got an opinion on this?

jimnyc
08-09-2009, 08:27 AM
I have just got this in writing from my friend and bridesmaid Katie, the ultimate Pittsburgh Steelers fan (who else was wrapped in a black-and-gold blanket at birth?).
Katie sees another Steelers win in the 2010 Super Bowl. Her fiance is pulling for the Cowboys. But he refuses to bet on it (Katie says if she won, her wedding dress would be black and gold).

Anyone else got an opinion on this?

First off, Katie is not the "ultimate Pittsburgh Steelers fan" - I have that name secured already!

While I think they have the tools for another great run, I wouldn't bet my last dollar on a repeat. It's hard to repeat as every team you face is gunning to beat the reigning champs.

Roethlisberger is healthy but facing rape allegations (don't get me started, the case is a laugher. The accuser waited a year to say anything, never even reported it to police. Also, she bragged to her friend about sleeping with Ben and that it was consented.) Nonetheless, it could cause a distraction to him and/or the team as a whole.

Other than that, they have all their great players back from last season.

And FU*%#$ the Cowboys!

emmett
08-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Since the Steelers operate in a division where a 6-10 team can finish in first place, I think it is possible for them to go to the playoffs but I seriously doubt a repeat. LOL

trueblue
09-16-2009, 04:13 PM
The Steelers don't have a very good chance of repeating. The Pats are back and an Eagles team with McNabb and Vick could do some very special things. Peyton Manning and the Colts are always a threat, too. The AFC is loaded and the NFC has teams like the Eagles that could be very good if they can figure out how to turn potential into opportunity. All that means the Steelers would need a series of miracles to repeat. I don't see that happening.

jackass
09-17-2009, 12:47 AM
The Steelers don't have a very good chance of repeating. The Pats are back and an Eagles team with McNabb and Vick could do some very special things. Peyton Manning and the Colts are always a threat, too. The AFC is loaded and the NFC has teams like the Eagles that could be very good if they can figure out how to turn potential into opportunity. All that means the Steelers would need a series of miracles to repeat. I don't see that happening.

Eagles arent going to do anything....you heard it here first....

sgtdmski
09-18-2009, 09:50 PM
It is not out of the realm of possibilities. Ben is back and I believe the off field antics will have little effect on his performance, he has already added to his fourth quarter and overtime comebacks. Not to mention the fact that the defense is returning a majority of their starters, yes Troy is out, but it is early in the year.

Yes New England will be a challenge, yet their defense is weaker than in several years past. Seymour is gone, so is Harrison, and Bruschii retired. Yeah Brady is back, but put pressure on him and he is not the same QB. The Monday night game showed just that. Tell me, how will he hold up against the Pitt D and the Blitzes? BTW, Cowher is gone and Tomlin is now the head coach!!!! Gone is our jinx regarding Championship games. I look forward to seeing New England come into Pittsburgh in January!!!!!

Miami is well within the realm of possibilities. Big Ben is a playmaker and finds ways to win as do the Steelers, they may not be pretty, but in the end all that matters is who wins!!!

dmk