PDA

View Full Version : Can't Wait for Sex? Just Get Married, Some Say

-Cp
08-10-2009, 05:43 PM
When Margie and Stephen Zumbrun were battling the urge to have premarital sex, a pastor counseled them to control themselves. The couple signed a purity covenant.

Then, when the two got engaged and Margie went wedding dress shopping, a salesperson called her "the bride who looks like she's 12." Nonchurch friends said that, at 22, she was rushing things.

The agonizing message to a young Christian couple in love: Sex can wait, but so can marriage.

"It's unreasonable to say, 'Don't do anything ... and wait until you have degrees and you're in your 30s to get married,'" said Margie Zumbrun, who did wait for sex, and married Stephen fresh out of Purdue University. "I think that's just inviting people to have sex and feel like they're bad people for doing it."

Against that backdrop, a number of evangelicals are promoting marrying earlier, nudging young adults toward the altar even as many of their peers and parents are holding them back.

Couples like the Zumbruns are caught between two powerful forces — evangelical Christianity's abstinence culture, with its chastity balls and virginity pledges, and societal forces pushing average marriage ages deeper into the 20s.

Read the rest at:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,538701,00.html

gabosaurus
08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
More than ridiculous. I can't follow the logic that sex is somehow sacred.

5stringJeff
08-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Is it really that bad to get married at 22? Couples used to get married even younger than that.

-Cp
08-10-2009, 08:45 PM
My wife and I married "young" - I was 20 and she was 18... we've been married over 18yrs now and have 5kids.. our oldest just graduated...

-Cp
08-10-2009, 08:48 PM

Most Godless folks can't...

gabosaurus
08-10-2009, 10:18 PM
I am a Christian who believes otherwise. You have to adjust with the times.

-Cp
08-10-2009, 10:47 PM

Of course ya are...

08-11-2009, 12:15 AM

How can it not be sacred? It's the act of creating life! It's the act of ultimate intimacy between a man and a woman in which they can be one in every aspect: Physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. It's a Holy Sacrament. The time we can come closest to another human being and to God.

Yet it's not sacred??? Do you have a clue what sex is?

08-11-2009, 12:17 AM

A disciple of Christ who ignores what Christ teaches... it makes no sense.

crin63
08-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Can't Wait for Sex? Just Get Married, Some Say

Yeah, it was the Apostle Paul that said it under inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

1Co 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.