PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Secret No. 1 in Obamacare

Little-Acorn
08-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Democrats have missed their last chance at ramming their Socialized Health Care scheme through before people could find out what's in it. Now, as more and more time goes by, people are reading the bills, and coming up with startling (and sometimes scary) discoveries.

Do you suppose the Founding Fathers intended the Federal government to direct families how to raise their children? They certainly didn't put any authority into the Constitution, for the govt to do that.

So why is it in this bill?

(That last question can be asked about nearly every part of the bill, of coourse.)

--------------------------------------------

http://townhall.com/columnists/ChuckNorris/2009/08/11/dirty_secret_no_1_in_obamacare?page=full&comments=true

Dirty Secret No. 1 in Obamacare

Tuesday, August 11, 2009
by Chuck Norris

Health care reforms are turning into health care revolts. Americans are turning up the heat on congressmen in town hall meetings across the U.S.

While watching these political hot August nights, I decided to research the reasons so many are opposed to Obamacare to separate the facts from the fantasy. What I discovered is that there are indeed dirty little secrets buried deep within the 1,000-plus page health care bill.

Dirty secret No. 1 in Obamacare is about the government's coming into homes and usurping parental rights over child care and development.

It's outlined in sections 440 and 1904 of the House bill (Page 838), under the heading "home visitation programs for families with young children and families expecting children." The programs (provided via grants to states) would educate parents on child behavior and parenting skills.

The bill says that the government agents, "well-trained and competent staff," would "provide parents with knowledge of age-appropriate child development in cognitive, language, social, emotional, and motor domains ... modeling, consulting, and coaching on parenting practices," and "skills to interact with their child to enhance age-appropriate development."

Are you kidding me?! With whose parental principles and values? Their own? Certain experts'? From what field and theory of childhood development? As if there are one-size-fits-all parenting techniques! Do we really believe they would contextualize and personalize every form of parenting in their education, or would they merely universally indoctrinate with their own?

(Full text of this article can be read at the above URL)

PostmodernProphet
08-11-2009, 09:35 AM
we could always use it to insulate children from liberal parents....it could be a good thing....

Gaffer
08-11-2009, 09:48 AM
This bill is not about health care and insurance companies like the libs want us to believe. It's about taking control of families and households and literally taking over peoples lives. It is by far the most dangerous thing washington has ever tried to pull.

Binky
08-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Oh brother, this isn't good. Just one more step to becoming a "Big Brother" nation. Can't say as I blame people for the tea parties. The powers that be haven't been listening, and now I bet they are at least discovering how pissed people really are.

Hmmm, here's that change he yapped about and more on the way.

stephanie
08-11-2009, 09:50 AM
This bill is not about health care and insurance companies like the libs want us to believe. It's about taking control of families and households and literally taking over peoples lives. It is by far the most dangerous thing washington has ever tried to pull.

absolutely correct..that is why we MUST fight this...:salute: