PDA

View Full Version : What will happen when Obama's Universal Health Care starts running out of money?

Little-Acorn
08-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Have you ever seen a large government program that DIDN'T start running out of money?

When it does, what will be the government's response? Keep in mind that, by then, most private health care providers will have gone out of business, unable to compete with taxpayer-subsidized Govt health care and still keep up with malpractice insurance (even those who have never had a claim), etc.

You can choose multiple answers above.

MtnBiker
08-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Simple the tax cheating Tim Geithner will ask congress to again increase the nation's legal debt limit to rise and borrow yet more money from China.

Little-Acorn
08-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Simple the tax cheating Tim Geithner will ask congress to again increase the nation's legal debt limit to rise and borrow yet more money from China.

And when China says, "No sale".......??

MtnBiker
08-11-2009, 02:57 PM
And when China says, "No sale".......??

Intrest rates will increase to make the sale.

MtnBiker
08-11-2009, 03:00 PM
crap, I meant to choose taxes will raise also

hjmick
08-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Where's the choice for "We'll all be fucked!"?

MtnBiker
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Where's the choice for "We'll all be fucked!"?

That was in November 2008.

Trigg
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Well lets see.....everyone of those things (except the last two) already happens to my sister.

Her taxes are through the roof and care is rationed.

hjmick
08-11-2009, 03:48 PM
That was in November 2008.

Okay, how a bout an option for "We'll be really fuckety fucked!"?

Mr. P
08-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Okay, how a bout an option for "We'll be really fuckety fucked!"?

Not this yr dear..we have a head ache! AND WE"RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!

So, Bambam becomes a lame duck..and next yr we toss all of em OUT of congress!

Gaffer
08-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I would really like to see a record number of incumbents removed from office next year. But I don't expect it because of who counts the votes.

chesswarsnow
08-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I hope they get this, or something passed.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
08-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I hope they get this, or something passed.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I don't want them to pass anything. Whatever they pass won't be good for the country. They need to all stay home and hide in their basements.

The less congress does for the next year the better for the country.

Little-Acorn
08-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't want them to pass anything. Whatever they pass won't be good for the country. They need to all stay home and hide in their basements.

The less congress does for the next year the better for the country.

It would be nice if they were to pass tort reform to cut down on the number of frivolous lawsuits driving up the cost of health care; and repeal the tax exemption for employer-provided health insurance so that companies could compete on an even playing field and people would not longer lose their insurance when they changed employers.

But those two things run counter to everything the Democrats want, since they would free people to make their own decisions sensibly on health care, without the "help" of government.

Ain't gonna happen.

With that in mind, I too hope that Congress passes nothing on Health Care this year, given that they wouldn't have passed anything good.

cat slave
08-14-2009, 02:58 AM
If they pass it they need to use it! Now, that would take care of the whole
ball of wax...or whatever you want to call it...I have numerous other
descriptive words that Ill refrain from throwing out or up!

glockmail
08-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Rationed and taxes raised; all the other options are saying basically the same thing (except the mindless utopia version of course).

namvet
08-14-2009, 12:46 PM
ill read about it oversea's