PDA

View Full Version : Dem Who Opposes Photo ID To Vote Requiring Photo ID For Town Halls

red states rule
08-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Folks, this is rich. Can anyone explain this classic example of liberal hypocrisy?

I never seen some many Dems runing for cover, and trying to avoid having to defend their votes in front of the voters

From Gene Green's website:

Town hall meetings are one of my favorite ways to communicate with constituents. I have held hundreds during my years of service in Congress and always welcomed everyone to attend. Unfortunately, due to a coordinated effort to disrupt our town hall meetings, we will be restricting further attendance to residents of the 29th Congressional District and verifying residency by requiring photo identification. Whether individuals agree or disagree, we must maintain order to have a civil discussion of the issues. While I regret this restriction, it is necessary for the safety and consideration of our constituents. Those who do not reside in the 29th Congressional should contact their Member of Congress to voice any concerns that they may have on issues before Congress. Click Here to determine your Member of Congress.

http://www.house.gov/green/news_center/events.shtml

and now this:

Gene Green on Government Reform
Click here for 13 full quotes on Government Reform OR background on Government Reform.
Voted YES on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007)
Voted YES on granting Washington DC an Electoral vote & vote in Congress. (Apr 2007)
Voted YES on protecting whistleblowers from employer recrimination. (Mar 2007)
Voted NO on requiring photo ID for voting in federal elections. (Sep 2006)
Voted NO on restricting independent grassroots political committees. (Apr 2006)
Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits about obesity against food providers. (Oct 2005)
Voted NO on limiting attorney's fees in class action lawsuits. (Feb 2005)
Voted NO on restricting frivolous lawsuits. (Sep 2004)
Voted YES on campaign finance reform banning soft-money contributions. (Feb 2002)
Voted NO on banning soft money donations to national political parties. (Jul 2001)
Voted YES on banning soft money and issue ads. (Sep 1999)
Reject photo ID requirements for voting. (Sep 2005)
Establish the United States Public Service Academy. (Mar 2007)

http://www.issues2000.org/tx/gene_green.htm

Mr. P
08-11-2009, 10:39 PM
It seems they're doing everything they can to squash the free speech of the people..

red states rule
08-11-2009, 10:48 PM
It seems they're doing everything they can to squash the free speech of the people..

Next we may have to have voter party affiliation cards to prove party loyalty. Wonder if SEIU and ACORN will have to present cards or just show up in their red and purple shirts?