PDA

View Full Version : Did ABC News Calls Obama A Liar?????

red states rule
08-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Seems the honeymoon may be indeed be over between Obama and ABC News. Some objective journalism is going on, and I am sure the White House will be expressing their feelings to the execs in the corner offices

President Obama’s “Senior” Moment?
August 11, 2009 5:16 PM

Rachel Martin and Jake Tapper report:

President Obama today suggested that the health care reform legislation for which he’s pushing has been endorsed by the American Association of Retired Person.

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

At another point he said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

The problem?

The AARP hasn't endorsed any plan yet.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/08/president-obamas-senior-moment.html

Trinity
08-12-2009, 06:38 AM
We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

Good deal??? That sounds like something you say to someone who just took a plea bargain, to save their asses from years of jail time.

Or we have a really good deal going on at ______________ right now. (insert your local dealership)

But did you read the fine print, before you took them up on that really good deal! You didn't? Ah to bad I guess your screwed!

:coffee:

theHawk
08-13-2009, 12:35 AM
His biggest "senior moment" was when he compared the government healthcare to the post office. Yea Barack, people would love to have their healthcare industry run like the post office thats "in trouble" LOL :poke:

The Dems are losing it so bad. Didn't they learn anything from the sinking of the USS HillaryCare?

emmett
08-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Hey Jim, you act like you're going to go Doctor about the whole thing. HAHAHAHAHAH

Kathianne
08-13-2009, 03:28 AM
Hmm, seems surgeons are agreeing that he's doing some fibbing:

http://politics.theatlantic.com/2009/08/at_what_cost_cutting_off_a_leg_1.php

Aug 12 2009, 8:16 pm by Marc Ambinder
At What Cost, Cutting Off A Leg?
An amusing press release from the governing body for American surgeons:

The American College of Surgeons is deeply disturbed over the uninformed public comments President Obama continues to make about the high-quality care provided by surgeons in the United States. When the President makes statements that are incorrect or not based in fact, we think he does a disservice to the American people at a time when they want clear, understandable facts about health care reform. We want to set the record straight.

-- Yesterday during a town hall meeting, President Obama got his facts
completely wrong. He stated that a surgeon gets paid $50,000 for a leg
amputation when, in fact, Medicare pays a surgeon between $740 and
$1,140 for a leg amputation. This payment also includes the
evaluation of the patient on the day of the operation plus patient
follow-up care that is provided for 90 days after the operation.
Private insurers pay some variation of the Medicare reimbursement for
this service.

-- Three weeks ago, the President suggested that a surgeon's decision to
remove a child's tonsils is based on the desire to make a lot of
money. That remark was ill-informed and dangerous, and we were
dismayed by this characterization of the work surgeons do. Surgeons
make decisions about recommending operations based on what's right
for the patient.

We agree with the President that the best thing for patients with diabetes is to manage the disease proactively to avoid the bad consequences that can occur, including blindness, stroke, and amputation. But as is the case for a person who has been treated for cancer and still needs to have a tumor removed, or a person who is in a terrible car crash and needs access to a trauma surgeon, there are times when even a perfectly managed diabetic patient needs a surgeon. The President's remarks are truly alarming and run the risk of damaging the all-important trust between surgeons and their patients.

We assume that the President made these mistakes unintentionally, but we would urge him to have his facts correct before making another inflammatory and incorrect statement about surgeons and surgical care.

Kathianne
08-13-2009, 03:48 AM
Now speaking of 'lies', 'deceit' and all that:

http://patterico.com/2009/08/12/roxana-mayer-im-not-a-doctor-but-i-play-one-at-town-hall-meetings/

8/12/2009
Roxana Mayer: I’m Not a Doctor But I Play One at Town Hall Meetings
Filed under: General, Media Bias, Obama — Patterico @ 7:18 pm
[This post follows up on a previous post in which I questioned the credentials of a woman at a Texas town hall meeting who claimed to be a doctor, but turned out to be anything but. She is a graduate student in social work -- oh, and an Obama delegate. Read on for more.]

It took some work to get the admission, but I got it.

I wrote Roxana Mayer at her University of Houston e-mail address today and said:

Hi, I run a blog at patterico.com and I wanted to ask you some questions regarding your recent attendance at a town hall meeting for Sheila Jackson Lee. Could you write me back when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Patrick Frey
http://patterico.com

Mayer responded, from a different e-mail address that was associated with her name:

Hey Patrick,

I like your article. How can I help?

Roxana

Promising, I thought — so I decided to level a series of questions:

1) Are you the person who attended Jackson Lee’s town hall meeting?

2) Are you a doctor?

3) If not, why did you claim to be one?

4) Were you a Texas delegate for Obama?

5) Why did you go to the town hall meeting?

6) Who encouraged you to go?

7) Did Sheila Jackson Lee’s husband have anything to do with your going?

Thanks for your time.

P

Roxana responded:

Lots of links, including one about that 'Obama worker' that had the Che poster in her office.

red states rule
08-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Good deal??? That sounds like something you say to someone who just took a plea bargain, to save their asses from years of jail time.

Or we have a really good deal going on at ______________ right now. (insert your local dealership)

But did you read the fine print, before you took them up on that really good deal! You didn't? Ah to bad I guess your screwed!

:coffee:

I guess Obama will have to send some union goons over to the AARP to change some minds.

red states rule
08-13-2009, 06:38 AM
His biggest "senior moment" was when he compared the government healthcare to the post office. Yea Barack, people would love to have their healthcare industry run like the post office thats "in trouble" LOL :poke:

The Dems are losing it so bad. Didn't they learn anything from the sinking of the USS HillaryCare?

Obama just mis-spoke. No, it's the teleprompter operator's fault. No, it George Bush's fault

emmett
08-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Obama just mis-spoke. No, it's the teleprompter operator's fault. No, it George Bush's fault

No No No, George bush is "on board" RSR. He supports Health Care Reform. So does Alan Keyes, Ronald Reagen and Abraham Lincoln. :laugh2:

Binky
08-13-2009, 02:51 PM
I guess Obama will have to send some union goons over to the AARP to change some minds.

:laugh2::laugh2: