PDA

View Full Version : There are actually people without health insurance

gabosaurus
08-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I bet some of you didn't know that. Or, worse, don't care.
There are people working good jobs, but their employer doesn't offer health insurance. This includes a large number of smaller companies.
Other employers offer insurance that is too costly. Or offer minimal coverage that doesn't begin to cover average needs.
Then there are those who are self-employed. They have no health coverage at all. Private health care coverage is way overpriced and woefully inadequate.
Then there are those who are unemployed. They all have nothing.

If you don't have health care coverage today, you are screwed. Hospitals won't touch you. Physicians want a cash payment, on the spot.

I would ask "what happens to these people," but it is obvious that many of you don't really care. You hold hold to the conservative Republican philosophy of "I am for me, and screw everyone else."

What does Limbaugh say about this? Or Fox? Let me know, since I know most of you won't have an answer.

Nukeman
08-12-2009, 06:15 PM
There are people working good jobs, but their employer doesn't offer health insurance. This includes a large number of smaller companies.
Other employers offer insurance that is too costly. Or offer minimal coverage that doesn't begin to cover average needs.
Then there are those who are self-employed. They have no health coverage at all. Private health care coverage is way overpriced and woefully inadequate.

If you don't have health care coverage today, you are screwed. Hospitals won't touch you. Physicians want a cash payment, on the spot.

I would ask "what happens to these people," but it is obvious that many of you don't really care. You hold hold to the conservative Republican philosophy of "I am for me, and screw everyone else."

What does Limbaugh say about this? Or Fox? Let me know, since I know most of you won't have an answer.Excluding the people that make enough to pay for private plan for themselves and their family (got to have the new care instead of the year old one, hell make it 2 new cars). Most people that can not afford insurance are eligible for assistance at the state level and the federal level they just have TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. Usually it takes going to the agency and filling out the proper forms....

Other than those people you have college students or young twenties who choose not to have insurance because they don't want to spend their money on that. My wife and I were in that category, we chose to spend our money on other things.

I agree there are people who fall into the gray area that make to much for assistance and can't afford private coverage. They are are a minority in the "uninsured group". Lets tweak the health care system......but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater and change the entire system.

Nukeman
08-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Your also completely wrong when you say "hospitals won't touch you". EVERYDAY people come to my department who are "self pay". Hospitals work with these people all the time, they give discounts and extend payments as long as the person is paying.

Besides that IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO DENY TREATMENT TO ANYONE REGARDLESS OF THEIR ABILITY TO PAY.

This is the reason hospitals in Cali and New Mexico by the hundreds. All the illegals who come to the ER and don't pay their bills.

You don't even have to listen to Fox, but type into your computer....you seem adept at doing that.

Jeff
08-12-2009, 06:22 PM

old hold to the conservative Republican philosophy of "I am for me, and screw everyone else.I would ask "what happens to these people," but it is obvious that many of you don't really care."

What does Limbaugh say about this? Or Fox? Let me know, since I know most of you won't have an answer.

1)There are people working good jobs, but their employer doesn't offer health insurance. This includes a large number of smaller companies.

If the job is that good they ought to be able to afford decent health ins.

2)Then there are those who are self-employed. They have no health coverage at all. Private health care coverage is way overpriced and woefully inadequate.

If you are self employed you surely ought to be able to buy health Ins. I have lots of friends that are owner ops and they have no problem

3) Then there are those who are unemployed. They all have nothing.

Now we get to the real reason for Obama's plan, get a job , see how simple it is, and your right I don't care about those in this group

4)If you don't have health care coverage today, you are screwed. Hospitals won't touch you. Physicians want a cash payment, on the spot.

See above, but as for a real emergency allot of hospitals can't turn you away

5) I would ask "what happens to these people," but it is obvious that many of you don't really care. You hold hold to the conservative Republican philosophy of "I am for me, and screw everyone else."

I have explained

6)What does Limbaugh say about this? Or Fox? Let me know, since I know most of you won't have an answer

Who cares what they have to say, they don't feed my family or pay my bills, as I explained most self employed should be able to afford health ins. if they can't there business may not be doing to good , and they may want to look into something else, as for the unemployed, lol, some are already on Gov. sponsored health care, lets see free check, 1/2 of the rent paid, free health ins., free prescriptions, and a free cell phone to boot, all for not doing a damn thing, and I should give a rat's ass about them, not hardly

Trigg
08-12-2009, 06:28 PM

Besides everything Nuk posted I"d like to add that not only do we both care about these people, we work with them EVERYDAY.

I've typed this many times, and you continue to ignore it....so I'll try again.

The health care system needs tweaking and the first place the gov. can start is their own backyard with Medicare (22 cent reimbursement on the dollar) and the VA system which costs them billions to run every single year.

If the gov. would reimburse at a fair amount the costs would come down for everyone else because the hospitals would no longer be forced to spread out the cost.

If the gov. closed the VA's and gave out cards to all the veterans so they could receive care at ANY LOCAL HOSPITAL. They would save BILLIONS AND BILLIONS EVERY YEAR.

Why don't they fix these problems before they start messing with even more of the health care market???????????????

Do you care to answer this or are you going to bring more talking points from Chris Mathews??

Trinity
08-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Well I happen to be one of those people who is unemployed and stays at home, 1. so I can finish my education, and 2. most of the jobs I could get right now I can't do, because of the herniated disc in my back. But I also can not get SS for my herniated disc, I have tried.

My husband works for a small company that does not offer insurance period.

My husband has also started his own landscaping company, however we are no where close to being able to afford to purchase insurance ourselves.

My children have insurance through their father and the state. But here's the kicker our income is low enough that they can get insurance, but I nor my husband are eligible, because he makes to much money. I use to be eligible for it, then they lowered the income guidelines, so I can no longer get it. Which means I can no longer afford to go to the Dr. to be treated for my herniated disc. So I deal with the pain on a daily basis.

Being that I fit most of the criteria here......My opinion on government run health care. Stick it where the sun don't shine.

Silver
08-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Well I happen to be one of those people who is unemployed and stays at home, 1. so I can finish my education, and 2. most of the jobs I could get right now I can't do, because of the herniated disc in my back. But I also can not get SS for my herniated disc, I have tried.

My husband has also started his own landscaping company, however we are no where close to being able to afford to purchase insurance ourselves.

My children have insurance through their father and the state. But here's the kicker our income is low enough that they can get insurance, but I nor my husband are eligible, because he makes to much money. I use to be eligible for it, then they lowered the income guidelines, so I can no longer get it. Which means I can no longer afford to go to the Dr. to be treated for my herniated disc. So I deal with the pain on a daily basis.

Being that I fit most of the criteria here......My opinion on government run health care. Stick it where the sun don't shine.

Well....cancel your sat. or cable TV and your cellphone service....that should go a long way in helping pay for your insurance....
then call Gabby, she'll be more than happy help you with some of the cost...

Trinity
08-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Well....cancel your sat. or cable TV and your cellphone service....that should go a long way in helping pay for your insurance....
then call Gabby, she'll be more than happy help you with some of the cost...

I don't have a cell phone, kinda pointless since I am home all day.:coffee: And my satellite bill would not cover insurance cost for just one of us let alone both.

But hey if gabby wants to foot the bill.............:thumb:

crin63
08-12-2009, 07:45 PM

They can use your illegal immigrant health care plan. They can go to the E.R. because by law no one can be turned away.

darin
08-12-2009, 07:46 PM
There are lots of lazy people. People who won't do what it takes to legally provide for themselves. It's not the government's job to underwrite our lives.

Trinity
08-12-2009, 07:49 PM
And here is an example of your government run health care...........

I was talking to my mom on the phone, my step dad is retired and gets social security and medicare (through the government) He has reached his limit as of July for his prescription medications, and now has to pay for them out of his pocket, until January of 2010. He has 7 different prescriptions a month and two of them he can not get in generic form, and they run him around $300.00 a month for just those two.

Jeff
08-12-2009, 07:53 PM

I truly feel for ya Trinity, my post was not aimed at all, I guess I should of specified most, it is a real shame that a decent family can't get the help they need but then there are bums that refuse to work that get everything handed to them, I truly hope things pick up for y'all

Jeff
08-12-2009, 07:57 PM

I was talking to my mom on the phone, my step dad is retired and gets social security and medicare (through the government) He has reached his limit as of July for his prescription medications, and now has to pay for them out of his pocket, until January of 2010. He has 7 different prescriptions a month and two of them he can not get in generic form, and they run him around $300.00 a month for just those two.

I will try and find out how, but somehow my Mother in law gets all her drugs almost for free, hell she goes to the hospital seems like once a month with a different aliment and it is paid for, her drugs some how comes threw the drug companies , I heard my wife talking about it, in case ya didn't notice I don't care for the in laws to much, lol, so I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them

Trinity
08-12-2009, 08:06 PM
I truly feel for ya Trinity, my post was not aimed at all, I guess I should of specified most, it is a real shame that a decent family can't get the help they need but then there are bums that refuse to work that get everything handed to them, I truly hope things pick up for y'all

I knew what you meant.:thumb: And yes it is frustrating when I learn about people who are flat out abusing the system, it pisses me off.

Trinity
08-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I will try and find out how, but somehow my Mother in law gets all her drugs almost for free, hell she goes to the hospital seems like once a month with a different aliment and it is paid for, her drugs some how comes threw the drug companies , I heard my wife talking about it, in case ya didn't notice I don't care for the in laws to much, lol, so I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them

Let me know if you find out and I will pass the info on to my mom. :)

Mr. P
08-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Let me know if you find out and I will pass the info on to my mom. :)

All the drug companies have programs for reduced cost meds..just call em.

Jeff
08-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Trinity I tried to call the wife and no answer, figures, lol, But I think Mr.P is exactly right, I remember my wife calling the drug companies, but I will ask her and find out exactly what she did

chesswarsnow
08-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Now add to this picture, you own several properties, worth 100's of thousands of dollars, nearing a half a million.
2. And insurance companies won't write you.
3. You could lose it all if you got really sick.
4. Now do you want to Gov. to shove it where the sun don't shine?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Trinity I have the wife on the phone she says ya need to pull up the web site of the manufacture of the meds and on there there will be a patient assistance , they will tell ya how to do it, if ya can't do it that way call the manufacture and they will tell ya how to do it, you will need to get a Doc to fill it out a form , the form is a application, you will have to show proof of income, she also says some companies will send you the meds others send it to the Doc

Mr. P
08-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Now add to this picture, you own several properties, worth 100's of thousands of dollars, nearing a half a million.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yep!! That property is an asset..you can use it to pay yer debt. Happens in bankruptcy all the time..the Fed won't even let you hold back assets an not pay a creditor.

Even now the Fed..(medicare/medicaid) will also seize yer assets if you have long term care you can't pay for. But hey, health care will be free! Yeah, right dream on, Chess.

emmett
08-12-2009, 11:48 PM
So let me get this right James. You have property with greast value you do not want to lose.

With Government Health Care you can get health care without losing your property.

Someone is paying for that care. Someone who also owns property, well, maybe, if they can afford it after they pay for all the folks who don;t have health care;

James...how is that fair? Please do not interpret this to mean that I do not understand that you would want to keep your property rather than use the value of it to pay for health care expense. The thing is though...why should someone else pay for your care?

We draw the cards we draw in this world. If you caught some bad ones that is certainly not good. I am sorry but it makes no sense to think someone should bear the cost of your care when you have a resource by which to pay for your own. You should be thankful you have the property so as to provide you that avenue to have the health care you need. Most do not have that when they cannot afford care.

PostmodernProphet
08-13-2009, 06:21 AM

we can't afford to help him....because we're subsidizing the prescription drug coverage for people making $120,000 a year in dividends and interest on their saving......

red states rule
08-13-2009, 06:34 AM

OK Gabby, lets look at closer at the number of uninsured the left keeps talking about

6.4 million are what are called "Medicaid undercount". These are people who are on one of two government health insurance programs, Medicaid or S-CHIP, but tell Census takesr that they are uninsured.

Another 4.3 million are eligible for free or heavily subsidized government health insurance (again, either Medcaid or SCHIP), but have not yet signed up.

Another 10 million (I think the number is higher) are non-citizens - i.e ikkegals.

Another 10.1 million do not fit into any of the above categories, and they have incomes more than 3X the poverty level.

Of the remaining 15.6 million uninsured, 5 million are adults between ages 18 and 34 and without kids.

That leaves us with about 10 million US citizens without helath ins.

So Gabby, do you want the US taxpayer to pay for illegals health ins? Do you want to force those who decide they want to spend their money on other things to buy Obamacare? If people do not take the already existing government programs, what makes you think they will take Obamacare - or why should yet another government program be created for them?

If you want these people to have coverage, Obama and the Dems should be working to help the private sector create jobs - which usually brings health ins with the job. Not trying to have a government takeover of the healthcare industry

Trinity
08-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Why won't the insurance company write me.
2. Well if I get that sick, I guess there is always bankruptcy.
3. No way in hell I would lose it all, it's called constructive distributing.
4. Even if I did lose it all, I sure as hell can't take it with me when I die.
5. YES

Trinity
08-13-2009, 07:19 AM
Yep!! That property is an asset..you can use it to pay yer debt. Happens in bankruptcy all the time..the Fed won't even let you hold back assets an not pay a creditor.

Even now the Fed..(medicare/medicaid) will also seize yer assets if you have long term care you can't pay for. But hey, health care will be free! Yeah, right dream on, Chess.

True.....And I just found out about medicare/medicaid being able to do that. I guess they just passed a law on it recently. My landlord, husband and wife in their early 80's, were telling me about it a couple of weeks ago, when they went to meet up with their lawyer. He told them about it. I know they are a little ticked off about it. They own numerous properties and had arranged it so that there son would have everything and then they found this out, they are not happy and determined to stay in their home and never go into a long term care facility.

red states rule
08-13-2009, 07:58 AM
It seems the Obama supporters are all for Obama "giving" them - or those they calim are entitled to - healthcare. Last I checked the President of the US CAN"T give anyone anything. He does not have that power under the US Constitution. What Obama is trying to do here, is take from someone and give it to someone else

chesswarsnow
08-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah so you can see what sort of pickle I'm in.
2. I have some valuable property.
3. And yet insurance companies won't sign me.
4. I need another option.
5. A *Public Option*.
6. I worked hard to reep those properties, I have been working hard since I was 15.
7. The system we have now, is rigged to suck every one dry, right before they die.
8. Thats injustice, and a crime against humanity.
9. I should be able to pass it on, to my children don't you think?
10. Or is everyone born in *America*, to be washed clean of any and all wealth before they leave this world?
11. Is every generation suppose to start at scratch like I did, coming from a single mother family, renting, with four siblings?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Sorry bout that,

So let me get this right James. You have property with greast value you do not want to lose.

With Government Health Care you can get health care without losing your property.

Someone is paying for that care. Someone who also owns property, well, maybe, if they can afford it after they pay for all the folks who don;t have health care;

James...how is that fair? Please do not interpret this to mean that I do not understand that you would want to keep your property rather than use the value of it to pay for health care expense. The thing is though...why should someone else pay for your care?

We draw the cards we draw in this world. If you caught some bad ones that is certainly not good. I am sorry but it makes no sense to think someone should bear the cost of your care when you have a resource by which to pay for your own. You should be thankful you have the property so as to provide you that avenue to have the health care you need. Most do not have that when they cannot afford care.

1. Errrr..........yeah sure, if the insurance comapines would sign me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

emmett
08-13-2009, 08:25 AM
It happens all the time. Well a little less frequently in the future because when those siblings get good jobs, instead of improving their lives they will be improving the lives of people who didn't get jobs and work hard. It's a catch 22 James.

It is sad that a person who has worked hard has to worry about the risk of losing it to pay for health care they require. Still, why should it become the burden of someone else to pay for it so they can keep their assets in tact. That is not fair either.

chesswarsnow
08-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Sorry bout that,

It happens all the time. Well a little less frequently in the future because when those siblings get good jobs, instead of improving their lives they will be improving the lives of people who didn't get jobs and work hard. It's a catch 22 James.

It is sad that a person who has worked hard has to worry about the risk of losing it to pay for health care they require. Still, why should it become the burden of someone else to pay for it so they can keep their assets in tact. That is not fair either.

1. I guess you read some one elses post.
2. I will try to type real slow for you,

*insurance companies won't sign me*

3. I'm not the only one, they be waiting like vultures at the door, for my time of need.
4. But the Lord my rake me suddenly, and they will get nothing.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

emmett
08-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I guess you read some one elses post.
2. I will try to type real slow for you,

*insurance companies won't sign me*

3. I'm not the only one, they be waiting like vultures at the door, for my time of need.
4. But the Lord my rake me suddenly, and they will get nothing.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Thank You James for recognizing my obvious handicap. I do read slowly. I think the government should buy me a speed reading course so I can keep up with the rhetoric easier.

Let me re-state my opinion in a simpler, more reader friendly format so you can understand my point;

I'll use myself hypothetically;

If I became sick and could not get health insurance, and I owned a bunch of valuable property, I would expect that I would have to sell some / all in order to pay for services I may require to prolong / save my life. I would not expect another family who had had been more fortunate from a health prospective to pay for my care while I continued to gain wealth from that property. It just wouldn't be right. I'm sorry man, I just don't agree with your prospective. Now if you think that makes me "challenged" or "slow" I can accept that, however I assure you it is quite the contrary.

Furthermore, I would submit that the reason for you not being aboe to attain / pay for reasonable health care is because of past government intervention to begin with. Had the system as it currently stands not have been forced to absorb outrageous costs from underpayments of Medicare, services provided to illegal aliens and ridiculous law suits being filed against hard working doctors who couldn't save a patient and other costs, maybe you would be able to be dealing with a different scenario.

Government ran Health care is not going to solve your problem James. Once enacted I believe you will discover that. Please keep us posted.

Trinity
08-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah so you can see what sort of pickle I'm in.
2. I have some valuable property.
3. And yet insurance companies won't sign me.
4. I need another option.
5. A *Public Option*.
6. I worked hard to reep those properties, I have been working hard since I was 15.
7. The system we have now, is rigged to suck every one dry, right before they die.
8. Thats injustice, and a crime against humanity.
9. I should be able to pass it on, to my children don't you think?
10. Or is everyone born in *America*, to be washed clean of any and all wealth before they leave this world?
11. Is every generation suppose to start at scratch like I did, coming from a single mother family, renting, with four siblings?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I don't know what the reason is for insurance companies to not write you. It is usually one of two things. You have a pre existing condition or you have some type of health problem.

Most insurance companies will eventually cover a pre existing condition although you may have to wait for about two years before coverage kicks in.

I am sure if you do some serious searching you can find an insurance company that will cover you, they may opt out of covering you for a chronic illness that is pre existing, but they should still cover you on most everything else unrelated to that illness.

P.S. If you'd like, pm me with the reason, so you don't have to post it on here. And I will search for you and see what I can find.

Monkeybone
08-13-2009, 12:00 PM
So basically Chess, you don't wanna sell any land/use the resources that you have becasue "gosh darn you worked for it" and "MINE MINE MINE" is always better since you know...you earned it... yah. that makes perfect sense. Let's just take the money from someone that pays for their own and lives paycheck to paycheck, becasue apparently they just haven't earned their place and right yet to not have to give a little. just ask them to give a bit more for your "public option". nice. :clap:

Kathianne
08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
So basically Chess, you don't wanna sell any land/use the resources that you have becasue "gosh darn you worked for it" and "MINE MINE MINE" is always better since you know...you earned it... yah. that makes perfect sense. Let's just take the money from someone that pays for their own and lives paycheck to paycheck, becasue apparently they just haven't earned their place and right yet to not have to give a little. just ask them to give a bit more for your "public option". nice. :clap:

Yep, just like others that chose to work for 'the man' so that they would have that insurance. We pays our money and makes our choices...

Binky
08-13-2009, 02:39 PM

Yep, there are lazy, no good bums that just prefer to smoke weed all day and use the excuse they can't find a job in their field...My answer to that is, "if you like to eat and put gas in your car, then get up off your lazy carcus and find ANY SORT OF JOB. Doesn't matter what. Just get a job." Grrrr! "And stop reaching into my pocket for your next handout." Dbl. grrr!

Joyful HoneyBee
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
While I realize there are a lot of people out there who are uninsured, I also know how often the general public complains about the government reaching into our pockets and taking our first four months of earnings to pay income taxes. How much more invasive will it be when it is the government reaching into people's veins, their throats, their colons. Seriously, folks, government run health care....how much more of our privacy can be invaded before we all stand up and cry foul? Has anyone here ever stood in line at the tag office, or waited their turn to vote? Think about those scenarios and and put yourself in line with a fever and hacking cough. Sounds like a fun day huh!

Talk with most elderly people and ask how well Medicare is working for them. The lovely Part D prescription program is causing many elders to choose between food and medicine now. How much worse will it be when millions are enrolled in a government run plan? Do people not realize that so much of what is wrong with Medicare and Medicaid is that the system is abused from all sides. There are people who abuse the system to get free health care, but there are also providers who abuse the system to rake in as much money as they can. There are few enough people monitoring the system now which allows for such abuses to go virtually unchecked. If this system is so tattered, how in the world can a massive nationwide system be any better?

I work hard to pay for my major medical insurance and I truly value my employer for the fact that they shop around and find the best deal they can get for my family and me. But, for fifteen years I was self employed and had to obtain my own coverage. It was out there and by carefully examining my options I found that there is group coverage available for most any kind of industry you can imagine. Often, self employed people can join a trade related organization that enables them to take advantage of competitive group rates.

The fix is not in offering universal health care under the Obamacare plan. The fix is in cleaning up a busted system that allows festering abuses to rot the barrel for everyone. There are ways to encourage insurance companies to offer more affordable programs, but it all has to start with dispersing the special interest groups who lobby government officials to give them special consideration.

Some of the greatest offenders are the pharmaceutical companies. If those drug dealers would spend less money on three minute commercials, they could offer their medicines for less money. Why should I go and ask my doctor if I need to be taking blahblah pills to treat my tricky knee syndrome that only flares up when there is a full moon whenever it is the third Thursday in any month that contains the letter D? What the heck is up with that? And, when they're not spending money on televison commercials, the drug companies are wining and dining government officials to get more money for research and development.

It isn't that I don't care about people who have no insurance. I've been there myself at times in my life and it isn't fun to be sick and have to pull it out of one's pocket. But, I do work awfully hard for my money, and I have raised three kids on my own for a very long time now. Two are grown and one more in the nest, and frankly, I'm not up to the task of attending to the cost of raising other people's kids now.

If the government wants a hand in taking care of the health of Americans, let them stop digging into our pockets so deeply that we become stressed out to the point that we develop stress related illnesses like ulcers and heart disease. That's my take on this..... I'm jus' sayin'

emmett
08-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Excellent post Miss Newbie Poster!

chesswarsnow
08-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah, I do realize its hard to see things from my prospective, having all these properties, etc.
2. I came from dirt, and shall return to it.
3. But, I will do my best to leave my children, and their children, and my childrens childrens children, more than I started with.
4. I know you can not understand this.
5. Its takes a better man too.
6. Having nothing, is not what is needed, and I intend, to pass something on, because I feel, its what a good man would do.
7. Now if I'm a *good man* God only knows.
8. But if indeed I am, I will leave a legacy for them, and they will be my legacy for me, when I'm gone.
9. Many a people have tried and failed at leaving a legacy, I will do my best to succeed.
10. Maybe you folks here, would do well to do the same, depends on what you value I suppose.
11. Now if you say I am evil for my being good, how is my goodness being evil, when goodness is the goal?
12. Or else is it evil to leave something to those who come after you, to you?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

emmett
08-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah, I do realize its hard to see things from my prospective, having all these properties, etc.
3. But, I will do my best to leave my children, and their children, and my childrens childrens children, more than I started with.
6. Having nothing, is not what is needed, and I intend, to pass something on, because I feel, its what a good man would do.
8. But if indeed I am, I will leave a legacy for them, and they will be my legacy for me, when I'm gone.
9. Many a people have tried and failed at leaving a legacy, I will do my best to succeed.
10. Maybe you folks here, would do well to do the same, depends on what you value I suppose.
11. Now if you say I am evil for my being good, how is my goodness being evil, when goodness is the goal?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You are right...I do not understand your rationale concerning this subject. Nothing personal of course.

My question is simple.

As unfortunate as it is sir, that you face health care challenges that threaten to derail your financial plans in the futre, why is it other people's responsibility to pay your costs while you continue to gain wealth to pass on to your children? It's a simple question with a very simple answer. It isn't fair.

Please allow me to add once again that I am very sorry you are facing these health care concerns.

red states rule
08-13-2009, 10:16 PM

There has not been alot of discussions about the tax increases in the Obamacare bill in the House version

There are alot of them, and even those tax increases will NOT cover the cost of Obamacare

Also, if hospitals provide to much care to one person - they will be punished. It is amazing what the Dems have in this bill

Obamacare's tax hikes

Orwellian doublespeak hides nature of health care bill
By THE WASHINGTON TIMES | Thursday, August 13, 2009

Please check out page 203 of the main House version of health care reform. It contains all the evidence you need that the entire bill is a nasty bait-and-switch.

"The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax imposed by this chapter. ..."

Yes, it really says that. The tax shall not be considered a tax. Or at least not "... for purposes of determining the amount of any credit under this chapter or for purposes of Section 55."

Gee, that really clears things up. It is especially helpful to know that the bill itself does not even contain a Section 55; the bill begins with a section numbered 101. (Section 55 apparently refers to the Internal Revenue Code, which it wouldn't do if the health care bill were not a tax bill, too.)

The bill does contain new taxes -- plenty of them. Pages 167 and 168 impose an income tax of 2.5 percent on any individual who chooses not to buy government-approved health insurance. Pages 149-150 impose a tax of between 2 percent and 8 percent on the payrolls of all companies whose payrolls exceed $250,000. Pages 197 and 198 outline income tax surcharges to be imposed on individuals with incomes over $350,000, rising to a highest surcharge of 5.4 percent.

Meanwhile, as the bill specifically acknowledges imposing a tax without counting it as a tax, it also imposes all sorts of requirements that act as indirect taxes under names such as "mandates" and "requirements." Page 146 requires employers to provide insurance even for part-time workers. Page 280 begins to outline a penalty for hospitals that are adjudged to have "excess readmissions." Federal bureaucrats, of course, will determine which patient readmissions are reasonable and which are excessive. The bureaucrats will do this by following the simple rules for such determinations laid out on pages 281 and 282 ... and 283 ... and 284, 285, 286, and ... oh, forget it; we got lost.

The legalistic gobbledygook in that section is mind-numbing. For instance: "IN GENERAL. -- Except as provided in subparagraph (B), for purposes of this subsection, the term 'base operating DRG payment amount' means, with respect to a hospital for a fiscal year, the payment amount that would otherwise be made under subsection (d) for a discharge if this subsection did not apply, reduced by any portion of such amount that is attributable to payments under subparagraphs (B) and (F) of paragraph (5)."

All of which is further modified by an "adjustment factor" and a "risk adjusted ratio" and further "adjustments" that are "normalized to a benchmark."

Is it any wonder that ever-larger majorities of polled Americans are quite literally afraid -- not just worried, but actually frightened -- by the prospect of a central bureaucracy, mired in the red tape of inscrutable governmental lingo, deciding what treatments can and can't be provided, by which doctors, at what costs, and at what time in the far-distant future after the waiting lists have been exhausted?

If it wants, Congress can try to impose a tax but not "treat" it as a tax. But the American people know when they are getting taxed -- and when they are getting mistreated. And the American people still can, and will, vote out of office the congressmen responsible for the mistreatment.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/13/obamacares-tax-hikes/

SassyLady
08-14-2009, 01:40 AM
Gabby,

News flash!!! Not everyone has auto insurance either. Do you think the government should provide insurance on our autos, our homes???? How about making sure everyone has life insurance. Medical insurance should be just another essential bill that is budgeted into the family budget. I am 58 years old and I have never been without medical insurance. I only worked for businesses that provided insurance and even when I owned my own business I had medical insurance. It is just something that I feel is as important as my mortgage payment, my property taxes, the utilities and food that are essential to survive.

Where do we draw the line as to what the government is responsible for?

CSM
08-14-2009, 06:25 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Actually, it won't be "your" legacy, it will be the legacy of the taxpayer who allows you to pass on your possessions to your children.

I guess "goodness" is in the eye of the beholder!

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Sorry bout that,

Actually, it won't be "your" legacy, it will be the legacy of the taxpayer who allows you to pass on your possessions to your children.

I guess "goodness" is in the eye of the beholder!

1. You're wrong about that.
2. The taxpayer is me, as I hope you are aware, I pay taxes too.
3. Just because insurance companies won't sign me, doesn't make me the bad guy here.
4. Thats one little issue most people tend to over look.
5. I have worked with my own sweat and blood for most of my life, joe public has no part in it.
6. You have a lot to learn.
7. If I can get past the medical indusrty, before I pass on to God, I will have succeeded in having a legacy, and God willing I will.
8. And I know wether I stand or fall depends on God alone, not joe public.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

emmett
08-14-2009, 08:32 AM
He just doesn't get it!

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Sorry bout that,

You are right...I do not understand your rationale concerning this subject. Nothing personal of course.

My question is simple.

As unfortunate as it is sir, that you face health care challenges that threaten to derail your financial plans in the futre, why is it other people's responsibility to pay your costs while you continue to gain wealth to pass on to your children? It's a simple question with a very simple answer. It isn't fair.

Please allow me to add once again that I am very sorry you are facing these health care concerns.

1. Yes, its a hard thing for some to understand, fairness isn't the guiding factor here, its *Legacy*, and loving your children, and the next generations.
2. For if we abandon them, then we don't show love, for even God left us a *Legacy*, and that *Legacy* is full of Love, Jesus Christ.
3. Further riches no man or women can imagine fully.
4. Our minds can not comprhend the magnitude.
5. But generation upon generation see it, if just a glimmer.
6. So everyone needs to leave this world pennyless, without a pot to pan handle with?
7. Draw your own conclusions what that kind of reality sounds like.
8. Fair to you sir, is when you check out, you just spent your last dime.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
08-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Chess, you actually think once all this gets passed that the feds aren't going to tax the hell out of inheritance? Or that the feds won't seize your property to pay for your expenses?

And do you actually believe you will get quality, timely care under this plan? The only thing you will get is how to die counseling from someone like gabby.

red states rule
08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Chess, you actually think once all this gets passed that the feds aren't going to tax the hell out of inheritance? Or that the feds won't seize your property to pay for your expenses?

And do you actually believe you will get quality, timely care under this plan? The only thing you will get is how to die counseling from someone like gabby.

See post #40 Gaffer. Dems are raising taxes, but in the bill it says the taxes will NOT be called taxes

So do not use that word again :laugh2:

Gaffer
08-14-2009, 09:31 AM
See post #40 Gaffer. Dems are raising taxes, but in the bill it says the taxes will NOT be called taxes

So do not use that word again :laugh2:

Ahhh sorry about that. (To quote a certain unnamed poster)

Yes they like to rename things to make them sound less threatening. Fees, fines and donations sound better. In any case if the bill passes he can kiss his property goodbye. Give them enough time and no one will own property.

red states rule
08-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Ahhh sorry about that. (To quote a certain unnamed poster)

Yes they like to rename things to make them sound less threatening. Fees, fines and donations sound better. In any case if the bill passes he can kiss his property goodbye. Give them enough time and no one will own property.

Or "Alternative Sources of Revenue" or "New Investments" :rolleyes:

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry bout that,

Gabby,

News flash!!! Not everyone has auto insurance either. Do you think the government should provide insurance on our autos, our homes???? How about making sure everyone has life insurance. Medical insurance should be just another essential bill that is budgeted into the family budget. I am 58 years old and I have never been without medical insurance. I only worked for businesses that provided insurance and even when I owned my own business I had medical insurance. It is just something that I feel is as important as my mortgage payment, my property taxes, the utilities and food that are essential to survive.

Where do we draw the line as to what the government is responsible for?

1. Pimping ones self for insurance is selling your soul to *The Man*.
2. I suppose thats the American way, but it never pasted my mind.
3. People need to know that they won't lose everything, if they become ill, and have a place to seek medical treatments as needed.
4. Otherwise, health is a commodity, and should be sold to the highest bidder.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

CSM
08-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. You're wrong about that.

Moral philosophy is very much tied to personal opinion, is it not?

2. The taxpayer is me, as I hope you are aware, I pay taxes too.

As do many others. Asking the taxpayer to pay for YOUR legacy is just plain wrong. If you were the ONLY taxpayer, you would be very justified in your stance.

3. Just because insurance companies won't sign me, doesn't make me the bad guy here.

I do not believe you are a "bad guy". I fully understand that you are trying to do what is best for you and yours. My problem with that is you are trying to do what is best for you at MY expense.

4. Thats one little issue most people tend to over look.

Perhaps. Maybe Obama and the Dems would be better received if they were talking about regulation of health insurance providers instead of replacement of them. The government has not had any problem with regulating other service providers, corporations and industries.

5. I have worked with my own sweat and blood for most of my life, joe public has no part in it.

Again, you are not the only one. And again, you want to take advantage of MY blood sweat and tears to bolster your objective so you cannot say that joe public has no part in it. In fact, joe public is instrumental in your plan of leaving a legacy for your children.

6. You have a lot to learn.

Indeed I do! However, if by "a lot to learn" you mean thinking like you do then it is NOT going to happen. Call me willfully ignorant...I do not pretend to know it all ...

7. If I can get past the medical indusrty, before I pass on to God, I will have succeeded in having a legacy, and God willing I will.

I sincerely hope you are successful in that. I just do not want your success at my expense. Self preservation and all that applies.

8. And I know wether I stand or fall depends on God alone, not joe public.

Yet joe public is KEY to your success. Is it because God alone will not suffice? I cannot believe that you would think that. Essentially what you are saying here is that you want God to MAKE joe public enable your success.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

We all want to leave a legacy of some kind. I wish you luck with your efforts in leaving that legacy but NOT if it includes destroying MY efforts at the same endeavor.

crin63
08-14-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm just curious. I wonder how many who don't have health insurance or who claim they cant afford it have actually researched pricing. Medical savings plans are not that expensive monthly and cover you for major medical.

Due to all my injuries I qualify for Medi-Cal however I won't use it. I'm paying $1000/mo for insurance rather than eat at the public trough. If it weren't for my injuries it would cost us about $400/mo for medical insurance to cover a family of 4 and less with diet and exercise.

CSM
08-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yes, its a hard thing for some to understand, fairness isn't the guiding factor here, its *Legacy*, and loving your children, and the next generations.
2. For if we abandon them, then we don't show love, for even God left us a *Legacy*, and that *Legacy* is full of Love, Jesus Christ.
6. So everyone needs to leave this world pennyless, without a pot to pan handle with?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Apparently, to you, fair is that I don't have a last dime to spend because I had to give it to you so you could have a legacy.

As you say:

"... fairness isn't the guiding factor here ... "

Given that a sense of fairness is not in play here, then gee, it's just too damn bad about that whole "legacy" thing.

What you really are saying is that you want to be treated "fairly" but do not want the same for others.

This whole little discussion is a prime example of what liberals in (generally speaking) believe: fairness for all but especially for me; equality for all but I am "primus inter pares".

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I can't help but think everyone here has nothing to pass on.
2. Wether its houses or lands or money.
3. Like you folks are saying, "We are all in this together, being broke, without a dime to pass on."
4. If thats true, America's a land of poor, desperate people.
5. That is sad indeed.
6. What I have reeped, is the fruit of my labors, and I ought not to have it being sold off to please those who have nothing.
7. Isn't that what you are all saying you want?
8. You want everyone, except me, to keep what they have.
9. But me, your saying I need to sell it, and give it to the medical industry.
10. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
11. Reminds me of socialism, I don't think we want that for America, do we?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Sorry bout that,

Apparently, to you, fair is that I don't have a last dime to spend because I had to give it to you so you could have a legacy.

As you say:

"... fairness isn't the guiding factor here ... "

Given that a sense of fairness is not in play here, then gee, it's just too damn bad about that whole "legacy" thing.

What you really are saying is that you want to be treated "fairly" but do not want the same for others.

This whole little discussion is a prime example of what liberals in (generally speaking) believe: fairness for all but especially for me; equality for all but I am "primus inter pares".

1. This reminds me of when we were in grade school, and one person had gum, and he was about to pop it into his mouth, and the the teacher says, "Johnny do you have enough for everyone in class today?"
2. So if I can't leave a *Legacy* for everyone, then I must not leave one for my own?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

CSM
08-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I can't help but think everyone here has nothing to pass on.
2. Wether its houses or lands or money.
3. Like you folks are saying, "We are all in this together, being broke, without a dime to pass on."
4. If thats true, America's a land of poor, desperate people.
5. That is sad indeed.
6. What I have reeped, is the fruit of my labors, and I ought not to have it being sold off to please those who have nothing.
7. Isn't that what you are all saying you want?
8. You want everyone, except me, to keep what they have.
9. But me, your saying I need to sell it, and give it to the medical industry.
10. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
11. Reminds me of socialism, I don't think we want that for America, do we?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You are beginning to understand. Now, if you are intellectually agile enough, you will soon realize that most folks feel EXACTLY the same way. Once that happens, we can begin to discuss the real issue: how do we enable ALL taxpayers to achieve that valued legacy? How does one retain the fruits of their labor without having it stolen by those more egocentric in their view and yet unwilling to do what is necessary to ensure their particular legacy is passed on?

It is obvious that I do not view a socialist state as the answer.

CSM
08-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. This reminds me of when we were in grade school, and one person had gum, and he was about to pop it into his mouth, and the the teacher says, "Johnny do you have enough for everyone in class today?"
2. So if I can't leave a *Legacy* for everyone, then I must not leave one for my own?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Ah, that is the dilemma is it not? Should the teacher's rule then be that all MUST bring gum to school in case YOU want some? Or should the rule be that if you want to chew gum, bring your own and do not expect to be provided gum by others?

Gaffer
08-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Why is a legacy so important to you? You can't take it with you. Your children will remember you for who you were, not what you provided. No one else will remember you two days past the funeral. The government will steal everything they can from your estate.

Go write your name in freshly poured concrete. You then have a legacy.

Binky
08-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

While I am sitting here listening to the tune Feelings, an instrumental with a sax, and am all teary eyed over the emotions it stirs, I am impressed with your post.

Success is not measured by how much we accumulate in our lives, but how we much we are loved. And the best legacy one could pass on to his children is that love and the stability he gives them. Passing on a happy, healthy outlook to your children are valuable gifts that we all should be able to receive at some point. Success is also measured by the number of adversities we encounter along the way and how we handle them. They make us that much stronger and able to show our children how they can as well.

Coming from nothing and becoming a kind and loving father is worth more than gold. Your children will remember you for the love and happy times you have given them, not for the stuff you can buy for them. And from behind my eyes, it seems as though you already have given them more than you had.

Monkeybone
08-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Who do you even know that you will be covered Chess? Some pre-exsisting conditions might be left out, or at least the wording is in the bill for them to do that.

Trigg
08-14-2009, 01:17 PM
As usual gabby starts a thread asking a question and never comes back.

She doesn't want a logical discussion, all she wants to do is leave smart ass answers and stupid pictures.

glockmail
08-14-2009, 02:28 PM
You're just figuring that out now?

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. We are here but a short time, then we're gone.
2. To be able to reach forward into the future even to those whom have not been born, within your own loins, is what a *good man* would do, thats why I will to do it.
3. Wether or not I am a *good man*, God knoweth.
4. For the life of me I can not see how so many people are set against it.
5. As if they're some how an authority on the matter.
6. The legacy isn't so much the wealth passed down, its the love, for in passing down some inheritance, we show our deep seated love.
7. As Jesus passed down a whole lot more than whatever wealth I can pass down.
8. Great riches are better found in Jesus, than can be found in worldly things.
9. Seeing I'm not God, giving good gifts to future generations of mine, is all I can expect to accomplish.
10. I wish more people saw things this way, there would be a lot less useless killings.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
08-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. We are here but a short time, then we're gone. True, which is why we should be cognizant of others beyond our own.
2. To be able to reach forward into the future even to those whom have not been born, within your own loins, is what a *good man* would do, thats why I will to do it.I'm assuming you are addressing only your own, as that seems all you care about.
3. Wether or not I am a *good man*, God knoweth.agreed, though HE has left a blueprint.
4. For the life of me I can not see how so many people are set against it.Against what?
5. As if they're some how an authority on the matter.what do you mean by this?
6. The legacy isn't so much the wealth passed down, its the love, for in passing down some inheritance, we show our deep seated love.No, by handing down morals and a fair point of view, we do that. Not too mention traditions.
7. As Jesus passed down a whole lot more than whatever wealth I can pass down.Neither you nor any man is close to what Jesus did.
8. Great riches are better found in Jesus, than can be found in worldly things.So why are you so hung up on your investments?
9. Seeing I'm not God, giving good gifts to future generations of mine, is all I can expect to accomplish.No, you can bring up your children to relish their legacy and celebrate your life
10. I wish more people saw things this way, there would be a lot less useless killings.
What useless killings?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

If Sir James actually has zillions of investments, he should have to pay off his medical debts from his wealth.

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Maybe you should leave a penny to everyones children in the future.
2. If thats what is important to you and your legacy, if any.
3. I find it amusing others are so quick to throw out any idea of having a legacy.
4. If you want not to leave a legacy for anyone, seems selfish, but its not my call, now is it?
5. Giving children tradtions of faith is great, and good to do, sure, its a given.
6. But if thats all you hope to do, then again, its selfish if you want my opinion.
7. Maybe you don't if so, I spare it for your sake.
8. Its very entertaining just how different people look at this sort of topic.
9. And sad for the children too.
10. I guess we all need to try to understand how we will look at things after we are gone.
11. I for one, will do everything I can in order to leave a *Legacy*.
12. Investments?
13. I own some properties, and if I happen to become very ill, for a long period of time, *like four days*, the hospitals and doctors will drain me dry.
14. Thats what we all want now, am I right?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
08-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Maybe you should leave a penny to everyones children in the future.
2. If thats what is important to you and your legacy, if any.
3. I find it amusing others are so quick to throw out any idea of having a legacy.
4. If you want not to leave a legacy for anyone, seems selfish, but its not my call, now is it?
5. Giving children tradtions of faith is great, and good to do, sure, its a given.
6. But if thats all you hope to do, then again, its selfish if you want my opinion.
7. Maybe you don't if so, I spare it for your sake.
8. Its very entertaining just how different people look at this sort of topic.
9. And sad for the children too.
10. I guess we all need to try to understand how we will look at things after we are gone.
11. I for one, will do everything I can in order to leave a *Legacy*.
12. Investments?
13. I own some properties, and if I happen to become very ill, for a long period of time, *like four days*, the hospitals and doctors will drain me dry.
14. Thats what we all want now, am I right?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Your responses did not match up with numbers in my post, no surprise there, indeed then you would have to deal with the issues. Instead, you wish to whine about how everyone should pay for the rich, but not covered, regarding insurance.

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I responded, as far as matching up,..I do what I can.
2. I still can't understand how many times it has to be told, insurance companies won't write me.
3. Now I know you can't understand that.
4. Those who keep telling me they don't want to have to pay for my insurance, will have to understand, something, they couldn't pay for it, because I can't get any.
5. Its amazing, yall disdain the fact you don't want to pay for my insurance, when I can't even pay for it.
6. Yes I am busy whinning about why you need to pay for my insurance.
7. LOL!!!!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Heres whats needed.

*PUBLIC OPTION*

2. That way I can get insurance folks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
08-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Heres whats needed.

*PUBLIC OPTION*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Indeed, and 'public opinion' says that government option is not leading where you wish. Pony up the costs. You can more than afford it.

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

Indeed, and 'public opinion' says that government option is not leading where you wish. Pony up the costs. You can more than afford it.

1. LOL!!!!!:laugh2:
2. With the *Public Option*, there is no pre-existing issues.
3. As what we have today.
4. It would be more just than what we have now.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I have no medical debts.
2. I did have to pay some rather large bills from a hospital.
3. Thats where I learned just how at risk everyone is to going broke, with one munor illness.
4. Soon Obama will provide me an option where, I can then at least have insurance, as an option, ofcourse at a fair price.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

PostmodernProphet
08-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Heres whats needed.

*PUBLIC OPTION*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

we could accomplish what you need a lot easier than redesigning the entire health industry......

chesswarsnow
08-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

we could accomplish what you need a lot easier than redesigning the entire health industry......

1. I think its to late for that my friend.
2. Already the Dems are amassing the votes in order to get this system changed.
3. There is nothing you can do about it.
4. What we have has sent far to many hundreds of thousands of families to the poor house.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
08-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think its to late for that my friend.
2. Already the Dems are amassing the votes in order to get this system changed.
3. There is nothing you can do about it.
4. What we have has sent far to many hundreds of thousands of families to the poor house.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

*PUBLIC OPINION* says otherwise.

chesswarsnow
08-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Sorry bout that,

*PUBLIC OPINION* says otherwise.

1. Who's?
2. Just because we see some Reps making disturbances at town hall meetings, does not mean the more part of Americans are not for Healthcare Reform
3. Remember, they did get the votes last time.
4. My McLame fell flat as predicted.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Monkeybone
08-16-2009, 08:20 PM
So now there may not be any Public Option? So why even bother with the reform, unless they just make the Insurance companies fix the charge prices or make so there is no problem with pre-existing conditions.

Kathianne
08-17-2009, 06:20 AM
So now there may not be any Public Option? So why even bother with the reform, unless they just make the Insurance companies fix the charge prices or make so there is no problem with pre-existing conditions.

Who knows? This may have all been a trojan horse, so the government can force insurance companies to take higher risks at lower premiums. Sort of like setting up the home loans to those that couldn't afford them? It's beginning to look like that. The gov't will become the default providers?

PostmodernProphet
08-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Who's?
2. Just because we see some Reps making disturbances at town hall meetings, does not mean the more part of Americans are not for Healthcare Reform
3. Remember, they did get the votes last time.
4. My McLame fell flat as predicted.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I think pretty much everyone is for health care reform....the problem is, the Democrats were intent upon accomplishing something that the majority of Americans didn't like.....

Kathianne
08-17-2009, 07:14 AM
Most are against Obama's plan, whatever it is:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/08/14/2009-08-14_more_americans_disapprove_than_approve_of_obama .html

More Americans disapprove than approve of Obama health care reform plan: poll

BY MICHAEL SAUL
DAILY NEWS POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT

Friday, August 14th 2009, 12:58 PM

More Americans disapprove of President Obama’s handling of health care reform than approve, with independent voters breaking away from the commander in chief, a new poll found.

The Marist Poll found 45% of registered voters nationwide disapprove of how Obama is handling health care, while 43% approve and 12% are unsure.

A full 52% of independent voters, the critical voting bloc that propelled Obama to the White House last fall, gave the President’s handling of health care the thumbs down, while just 34% approve.

Democrats largely approve of how the president is dealing with the issue, 74%, while 76% of Republicans disapprove.

While the clear majority of Americans -- 67% of registered voters -- believe the nation’s health care system needs major change, many are pessimistic about the potential impact of health care reform.Reinforcing PMP's above post.

The poll found that 55% of Americans predict health care will get worse or stay the same, while just 39% believe health care will get better.

Nearly a quarter of Americans said they will blame the Democrats in Congress if health care legislation doesn’t live up to their expectations.

One-fifth of Americans said the pharmaceutical companies are to blame, 15% fault Obama and 14% would hold the GOP responsible.

and more bad news for Team Obama:

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/obama-picks-public-option-fight-with-liberals-2009-08-16.html

Obama picks fight with left on health reform
By Ian Swanson
Posted: 08/16/09 04:17 PM [ET]
In backing away from its support for a public option in healthcare reform, the Obama administration is picking a fight with the liberal wing of the Democratic party.

Liberal Democrats have insisted a public insurance option is necessary to ensure competition for private insurers. Just this week, former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean predicted there could be Democratic primary challenges if a healthcare bill without a public option is approved by Congress.

Dean also told liberal bloggers gathered last week at the “Netroots Nation” convention that the only piece of reform left in the House bill that is worth doing is the public option.

The left wing of the Democratic party already has been irritated by concessions its leaders have made on healthcare to centrists in the House and Senate.

Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Texas) told CNN on Sunday it would be “very difficult” for her and other liberals to support legislation that does not include a public option.

“The only way we can be sure that very low-income people and persons who work for companies that don’t offer insurance have access to it, is through an option that would give the private insurance companies a little competition,” she said.

Johnson added that House liberals have already told Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) that she should insist on White House support for a public option.

Some liberals are already disappointed with positions President Barack Obama has taken since his election. ...

red states rule
08-17-2009, 07:34 AM
from the NY op-ed page. Seems the libs once again openly say how the old folks are a drain on the system

Libs will not admit the obvious. CAre dfor the sick will be cut and rationed.

The government can;t save money on the healthy - so where else will the savings come from?

Health Care’s Generation Gap

snip

In fact, expensive care is often worse care, because it snowballs into what some are calling an “epidemic of overtreatment,” in which unnecessary procedures, tests and medications all spawn more tests, more meds (to treat the side effects of the first batch) and more follow-up scans and procedures (in stand-alone clinics owned by the same doctors prescribing the tests, scans and procedures).

With so much evidence of wasteful and even harmful treatment, shouldn’t we instantly cut some of the money spent on exorbitant intensive-care medicine for dying, elderly people and redirect it to pediatricians and obstetricians offering preventive care for children and mothers? Sadly, we are very far from this goal. A cynic would argue that this can’t happen because children can’t vote (even if their parents can), whereas members of AARP and the American Medical Association not only vote but can also hire lobbyists to keep the money flowing.

One thing’s for sure: Our health care system has failed. Generational spending wars loom on the horizon. Rationing of health care is imminent. But given the political inertia, we could soon find ourselves in a triage situation in which there is no time or money to create medical-review boards to ponder cost-containment issues or rationing schemes. We’ll be forced to implement quick-and-dirty rules based on something simple, sensible and easily verifiable. Like age. As in: No federal funds to be spent on intensive-care medicine for anyone over 85.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/17/opinion/17dooling.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

chesswarsnow
08-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. All the percentages of who's for, and who's against, makes me wonder?
2. Did they do a vote?
3. Doubt they called everyone.
4. If Obama screws this up, then it will remain screwed up.
5. Might as well move to England.
6. Not that I will.
7. Obama has a plan, lets see if he can pull it off.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
08-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. All the percentages of who's for, and who's against, makes me wonder?
2. Did they do a vote?
3. Doubt they called everyone.
4. If Obama screws this up, then it will remain screwed up.
5. Might as well move to England.
6. Not that I will.
7. Obama has a plan, lets see if he can pull it off.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

What plan James? The adminsitration is all over the map this morning if the public option is off the table

They do not have a clue as to what they are doing

That is why every poll I have seen shows support fot the government taking over the healthcare industry is tanking, and Obama's approval rating is dropping

emmett
08-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Well James, I lost everything a few years ago which had nothing to do with Health Care. I was sued. Tit for Tat, I still lost everything. I was quite well to do prior to this. So....I know what it feels like yet I still don't believe it is anyone's fault or feel anyone else is responsible to make me whole again.

Frankly, I would qualify today for Givernment Health Care. I could at times had recieved "entitlements" as I would have fit the qualifications necessary. I do not want them. I will not accept government help that causes a burden on my fellow Americans. I will combined with my family, work a way out of this or I will suffer the consequences. In addition, I will continue to be a supporter of Tort Reform and limited awards so as to one day realize a time when what happened to me cannot happen to another American.

I do not feel I have a "right" to be helped out of the mess that a frivolous law suit caused myself and my family. Frankly I do not believe I have a "right" to anything that belongs to anyone else. Ever! That is just me. I don;t just pitch it as a tallking point. I believe it whole heartedly. I was raised to believe that if you want something you get out and earn it. If it isn't yours, you don;t mess with it. I also do not believe that our government has any "right" to take ANY part of what a citizen has and forcefully give it to another. For any purpose, at any time and for any reason.

When people are prosperous they give. When I had a worth in excess of over a Million dollars, I gave. I gave far more actually than was required of me by government. The thing was that I got to choose who / what I gave to. My favorite targets were "Feed the Children", St Jude's Childrens Hospital, Scottish Rite and some other causes which included a home for abused children which I helped fund the start=up of until state funds were realized after three years of operation.

I don't believe a handout is motivational. It destroys the spirit of the reciepiant. Hunger is a great motivator. The need for health care can be the same.

To James: You spend enough time on here that you could be operating a brokerage company, using your home telephone, a fax machine and some general office supplies. Spare me the details of how you need me to pay your health care while your value of property goes up. If someone wants to earn and can move their arms, they can earn. I know a lady who took a 600 dollar hocked wedding ring and made twenty million dollars with it. When she started she had two small children and absolutely no net worth. She lived in an apartment and worked at McDonald's. She also cleaned up people's houses for extra. What she had was a desire to achieve my friend. Oh.....I almost forgot, the lady I am referring to was a diabetic who was wheelchair restricted, had a foot amputated and many other health problems. So please spare me the details of how you "can't" and implement the strategy of how you "can".

red states rule
08-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Ditto Emmett. I spent over $12,000 out of pocket on healthcare bills with my cancer treatemnts and the operations I had to have

It never entered my mind to ask others to pay those bills. I paid them, or I made payment arrangements with the hospitals

Even Canada is now thining about private ins to overhaul their healthcare system

I am fed up with my fellow citizens telling me I have to pay more in taxes to finance their wants, needs, and desires

red states rule
08-17-2009, 09:24 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2455/3829571973_601b41c5b4.jpg

I do hope Obamacare rests in peace

9/12er
08-18-2009, 06:42 AM
I am all for healthcare REFORM, not healthcare TAKEOVER. Those of us who ARE happy where they are right now (and no I'm not a old, rich, white guy) could be forced into something that is not ok for ourselves or our kids.

Obama actually did do the right thing signing the S-Chip plan, because I do sincerely believe that ALL children should have healthcare. But the minute they try to force their plan on me and my family, that's when I have a problem. If both my husband and I lost our jobs, my kids would at least be covered. That's all I care about.

Coming from someone with a deadly, inherited bleeding disorder, when you tell me the GOVERNMENT is going to run my healthcare, it scares the crap out of me. Especially when, as of right now, my kids need to be tested every 2 years or so to ensure that they don't have it. It's a VERY expensive blood test that I'm not so sure would be covered if the bureaucrats had their little fingers in it.

red states rule
08-18-2009, 07:02 AM
President Obama, July 17, 2009:

Any plan I sign must include an insurance exchange: a one-stop shopping marketplace where you can compare the benefits, cost and track records of a variety of plans – including a public option to increase competition and keep insurance companies honest – and choose what’s best for your family.

President Obama, August 15, 2009:

All I’m saying is, though, that the public option, whether we have it or we don’t have it, is not the entirety of health care reform. This is just one sliver of it, one aspect of it. And by the way, it’s both the right and the left that have become so fixated on this that they forget everything else.

What everything else? Everything else is all about the government controlling health care too.

chesswarsnow
08-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Sorry bout that,

Well James, I lost everything a few years ago which had nothing to do with Health Care. I was sued. Tit for Tat, I still lost everything. I was quite well to do prior to this. So....I know what it feels like yet I still don't believe it is anyone's fault or feel anyone else is responsible to make me whole again.

Frankly, I would qualify today for Givernment Health Care. I could at times had recieved "entitlements" as I would have fit the qualifications necessary. I do not want them. I will not accept government help that causes a burden on my fellow Americans. I will combined with my family, work a way out of this or I will suffer the consequences. In addition, I will continue to be a supporter of Tort Reform and limited awards so as to one day realize a time when what happened to me cannot happen to another American.

I do not feel I have a "right" to be helped out of the mess that a frivolous law suit caused myself and my family. Frankly I do not believe I have a "right" to anything that belongs to anyone else. Ever! That is just me. I don;t just pitch it as a tallking point. I believe it whole heartedly. I was raised to believe that if you want something you get out and earn it. If it isn't yours, you don;t mess with it. I also do not believe that our government has any "right" to take ANY part of what a citizen has and forcefully give it to another. For any purpose, at any time and for any reason.

When people are prosperous they give. When I had a worth in excess of over a Million dollars, I gave. I gave far more actually than was required of me by government. The thing was that I got to choose who / what I gave to. My favorite targets were "Feed the Children", St Jude's Childrens Hospital, Scottish Rite and some other causes which included a home for abused children which I helped fund the start=up of until state funds were realized after three years of operation.

I don't believe a handout is motivational. It destroys the spirit of the reciepiant. Hunger is a great motivator. The need for health care can be the same.

To James: You spend enough time on here that you could be operating a brokerage company, using your home telephone, a fax machine and some general office supplies. Spare me the details of how you need me to pay your health care while your value of property goes up. If someone wants to earn and can move their arms, they can earn. I know a lady who took a 600 dollar hocked wedding ring and made twenty million dollars with it. When she started she had two small children and absolutely no net worth. She lived in an apartment and worked at McDonald's. She also cleaned up people's houses for extra. What she had was a desire to achieve my friend. Oh.....I almost forgot, the lady I am referring to was a diabetic who was wheelchair restricted, had a foot amputated and many other health problems. So please spare me the details of how you "can't" and implement the strategy of how you "can".

1. Interestingly written.
2. You being sued isn't quite the same as me being shunned by the insurance companies.
3. But I feel your pain.
4. Makes me wonder how you were sued, I must admit.
5. You mean become a real estate broker?
6. I will probally keep investing in real estate, but getting set up as a broker isn't all that easy, I am sure I could co it thou.
7. The lady you know is a real excellent example of what you can get done here in America, I wonder if she can buy health insurance?
8. I certainly can not.
9. I think healthcare should one day be a right, I know, that doesn't sit well here with most posters, but peoples lives are more important than money.
10. And people ought not to have to go broke when they become ill, which in the present system we have today, it will grind some people to powder financially.
11. Which is what probally happened to you.
12. Oh, and I'm pulling for you buddy, and for your come back!
13. And another thing, its not easy come easy go, its hard to come and hard to go, when you know just how much effort it took to aquire what you have.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Sorry bout that,

Ditto Emmett. I spent over $12,000 out of pocket on healthcare bills with my cancer treatemnts and the operations I had to have

It never entered my mind to ask others to pay those bills. I paid them, or I made payment arrangements with the hospitals

Even Canada is now thining about private ins to overhaul their healthcare system

I am fed up with my fellow citizens telling me I have to pay more in taxes to finance their wants, needs, and desires

1. And thats why insurance isn't all that and a bag~o~chips.
2. In reality, the 12k is what all the medical costs should of been, total.
3. The medical industry is all in cahoots, working together to drain you, wether you have insurance with them or not.
4. This just has to stop.
5. And God willing it will.
6. If not, then the medical industry will keep right on sucking the blood from everyone, tax payers, joe blow public, everyone.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
08-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. And thats why insurance isn't all that and a bag~o~chips.
2. In reality, the 12k is what all the medical costs should of been, total.
3. The medical industry is all in cahoots, working together to drain you, wether you have insurance with them or not.
4. This just has to stop.
5. And God willing it will.
6. If not, then the medical industry will keep right on sucking the blood from everyone, tax payers, joe blow public, everyone.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So now YOU decide how much is charged for healthcare James. Or some government worker makes the call?

If you take the profit motive out of healthcare - why would anyone entere the field?

Why would any company develop new equipment?

Why would any company develop news medicine?

Even Canada is now thinking about reforming their healthcare system with PRIVATE INS

Maybe they already know government run healthcare is a disaster

Unlike you James, I am not whining about my medical expenses - I paid it and moved on

chesswarsnow
08-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Sorry bout that,

I am all for healthcare REFORM, not healthcare TAKEOVER. Those of us who ARE happy where they are right now (and no I'm not a old, rich, white guy) could be forced into something that is not ok for ourselves or our kids.

Obama actually did do the right thing signing the S-Chip plan, because I do sincerely believe that ALL children should have healthcare. But the minute they try to force their plan on me and my family, that's when I have a problem. If both my husband and I lost our jobs, my kids would at least be covered. That's all I care about.

Coming from someone with a deadly, inherited bleeding disorder, when you tell me the GOVERNMENT is going to run my healthcare, it scares the crap out of me. Especially when, as of right now, my kids need to be tested every 2 years or so to ensure that they don't have it. It's a VERY expensive blood test that I'm not so sure would be covered if the bureaucrats had their little fingers in it.

1. If all you care about is your children, then you better not ever get real ill, and need an expensive hospital stay.
2. Unless you are flush with cash, and can afford it.
3. Otherwise, your wealth will be depleted in a few days.
4. It can cost 100k a day to be in the hospitals these days, depending on what they are treating you for.
5. So you better have some mighty good insurance, or you go broke.
6. You may have to dig down into your treasure chest anyways, even if you have what you thought was good insurance.
7. Sure you better be concerned about your health, if you lose it, you can lose everything, open your eyes, you and your family can go to section 8 real fast.
8. Well ar least the children will be covered, but hope they don't become very ill too, you can go broke with them just as easy.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
08-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. If all you care about is your children, than you better not ever get real ill, and need an expensive hospital stay.
4. In can cost 100k a day to be in the hospitals these days, depending on what they are treating you for.
6. You may have to dig down into your treasure chest anyways, even if you have what you thought was good insurance.
7. Sure you better be concerned about your health, if you lose it, you can lose everything, open your eyes, you and your family can go to section 8 real fast.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

She better not get old, and that goes for her kids as well. Have you read the links I posted about the rationed care, the end of life bpard, and how care must be cost effective?

Why do you think your healthcare must be "free" - i.e paid by someone else James?

red states rule
08-18-2009, 08:45 AM
James you are worried about going broke paying their mrdical bills - I am more worried about people going broke trying to pay the higheer taxes that will be imposed.

Or business owners going broke trying to keep up with their higher costs of doing business thanks to Obamcare

Kathianne
08-18-2009, 08:49 AM
James you are worried about going broke paying their mrdical bills - I am more worried about people going broke trying to pay the higheer taxes that will be imposed.

Or business owners going broke trying to keep up with their higher costs of doing business thanks to Obamcare

Even more is the intrusion of government into our privacy and controlling the means and choices we'd have. Government by nature sucks out freedoms, which is the reason to limit it.

red states rule
08-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Even more is the intrusion of government into our privacy and controlling the means and choices we'd have. Government by nature sucks out freedoms, which is the reason to limit it.

Damn - have to spread the rep around. I owe you Kathianne

9/12er
08-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. If all you care about is your children, then you better not ever get real ill, and need an expensive hospital stay.
4. It can cost 100k a day to be in the hospitals these days, depending on what they are treating you for.
8. Well ar least the children will be covered, but hope they don't become very ill too, you can go broke with them just as easy.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

And like I said, I am all for REFORM, not TAKEOVER.

And from someone who considers her health insurance pretty damn good for what I pay for it, I HAVE experienced hospital stays (my son getting RSV at 4 months old, the birth of my son with complications afterwards that could have killed me, and me having a back surgery recently) with my insurance covering all but a total of $275 between the two stays.

So yes, I have full faith in my health insurance company. If you think that's naive, then fine. But my health insurance/doctor is the ONLY company/doctor (it's Kaiser, so it's an HMO) who ever even thought to test me for the disease I have. If the insurance companies were so "evil" they would have left well enough alone, never tested me for by bleeding disorder, and never fully answered the question as to why I nearly bled to death after the birth of my son.

The expenses that they have shelled out for me as a result of that positive blood work is unthinkable. Every time I want so much as to get a tattoo I need to get a clotting treatment, and the treatment is expensive.

And seriously, it's not like my husband works some grandiose 6-figure job that gives us these great benefits.

Sorry for the rant, I just know that I'm blessed beyond measure for the care that I currently receive from Kaiser, and I DO NOT want that taken away from me or my children.

Kathianne
08-18-2009, 07:21 PM
And like I said, I am all for REFORM, not TAKEOVER.

And from someone who considers her health insurance pretty damn good for what I pay for it, I HAVE experienced hospital stays (my son getting RSV at 4 months old, the birth of my son with complications afterwards that could have killed me, and me having a back surgery recently) with my insurance covering all but a total of $275 between the two stays.

So yes, I have full faith in my health insurance company. If you think that's naive, then fine. But my health insurance/doctor is the ONLY company/doctor (it's Kaiser, so it's an HMO) who ever even thought to test me for the disease I have. If the insurance companies were so "evil" they would have left well enough alone, never tested me for by bleeding disorder, and never fully answered the question as to why I nearly bled to death after the birth of my son.

The expenses that they have shelled out for me as a result of that positive blood work is unthinkable. Every time I want so much as to get a tattoo I need to get a clotting treatment, and the treatment is expensive.

And seriously, it's not like my husband works some grandiose 6-figure job that gives us these great benefits.

Sorry for the rant, I just know that I'm blessed beyond measure for the care that I currently receive from Kaiser, and I DO NOT want that taken away from me or my children.

I understand your 'rant' perfectly. I've very 'good' according to some, 'golden insurance,' though my salary sucks and deductible of over $800 has been insurmountable for a few years. I don't go to doc, unless very sick, with that said, I never hit the $800, so it's all, 'out of pocket.' Happened last spring, right before the summer of no pay checks. What did my doc do? Told me to fill out a form, pay $10 a month till paid.

Yet that doesn't change the facts that if I went tomorrow, they wouldn't give me decent care and set up another payment plan to cover the first $800. The issues in this case are mine, I don't want to 'owe', while trying for more care. If I was very sick, yeah, I would.

chesswarsnow
08-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. What I can't understand when I hear victims of healthcare industry, defend it????
2. Blows my mind.
3. I've heard of fathers losing nearly 700k at the end of thier life.
4. Others gone broke by it.
5. Others paying 12k, and had insurance.
6. What is wrong with this picture?
7. I have been defending those whom have lost a lot.
8. And they still want to be ruined by the high costs of healthcare.
9. I don't get it.
10. Healthcare in America, may be the best the world has to offer, but what they will charge to save life is insane.
11. They have to fix this, its imperative that they fix this NOW!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
08-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. What I can't understand when I hear victims of healthcare industry, defend it????
2. Blows my mind.
9. I don't get it.
10. Healthcare in America, may be the best the world has to offer, but what they will charge to save life is insane.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Perhaps we are looking down the road. Sorry about that.

red states rule
08-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

2. Blows my mind.
9. I don't get it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

James, perhaps we do not mind paying for what we get as far as medical care.

What I am worried about is, having to battle cancer in the Obamcare clinics where my treatment must be cost effective, approved by an unseen and unelected government employee, wondering if the drugs I will need will be to expensive for the collective to pay for, and wondering if I will have any money left for food, clothes and shelter after my taxes go thru the roof to pay for "free" Obamcare I am getting

Binky
08-18-2009, 10:47 PM

Keep in mind when this bill goes thru you will be paying for the coverage alongwith the rest of us. And, because the government is near broke, or so they say, our taxes will eventually be raised to cover for the incurring costs.

red states rule
08-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Keep in mind when this bill goes thru you will be paying for the coverage alongwith the rest of us. And, because the government is near broke, or so they say, our taxes will eventually be raised to cover for the incurring costs.

No matter how high they raise out taxes, it would never be enough to cover the actual cost of "free" healthcare

emmett
08-18-2009, 11:49 PM
James...just pass off the property now. Form a holding company owned by the kids to own it. You be the manager.

No charge.

chesswarsnow
08-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Sorry bout that,

No matter how high they raise out taxes, it would never be enough to cover the actual cost of "free" healthcare

1. The health industry needs a shake up.
2. They have formed a tight mob like union,~Hosp, Docs,Ins, Meds~.
3. And are squeezing blood money from all Americans.
4. It is ubsustainable, it must be dismantalled.
5. Best way to do it, is start an alternitive.
6. Or else open up Medi-Care~ Medi-Cad.
7. Doing that in itself, would at least limit what the Health Industry, could charge for services, they don't pay even close to what they get billed for.
8. They are all in this together, insurance, hospitals, doctors, medicines, like a mob gone wild.
9. Its easy to see, just open your eyes.
10. One hand taking from the other, its all one big circle, what goes
to them makes it way back to the others, one big money laundry.
11. Doctors charge the hell out of everyone, insurance companies charge the hell out of them, insurance comepaines charge the hell out of the public, hospitals get charged the hell out of from insurance compaines, while charging the hell out of the public, while medicine compaines do the same to all three, its like sharks in a barrel.
12. The government gets out of it by Medi Care ~ Medi Cad, by not paying whats billed.
13. Its a rip off.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Sorry bout that,

James...just pass off the property now. Form a holding company owned by the kids to own it. You be the manager.

No charge.

1. This may be the only way to protect my assets.
2. Putting in Trust, may be my only real choice in this reality.
3. Thanks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
08-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Sorry bout that,

7. Doing that in itself, would at least limit what the Health Industry, could charge for services, they don't pay even close to what they get billed for.
8. They are all in this together, insurance, hospitals, doctors, medicines, like a mob gone wild.
11. Doctors charge the hell out of everyone, insurance companies charge the hell out of them, insurance comepaines charge the hell out of the public, hospitals get charged the hell out of from insurance compaines, while charging the hell out of the public, while medicine compaines do the same to all three, its like sharks in a barrel.
12. The government gets out of it by Medi Care ~ Medi Cad, by not paying whats billed.
13. Its a rip off.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

james, we have a version of government run healthcare, and it is called Medicare

As of today, the unfunded commentments total $32 TRILLION

You keep saying the private ins industry can not be sustained - how do you propose the US government pays for Medicare?

And lets not bring in Social Secuity and how much money is needed to pay for those future obligations

You keep ranting about evil in companies - but in poll after poll - more the 80% of people are happy with the coverage they have

I am one of them, and I thank God I did not have Obamacare when I was dealing with my health issues over the lasyt 2 years

red states rule
08-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. This may be the only way to protect my assets.
2. Putting in Trust, may be my only real choice in this reality.
3. Thanks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So you are fine with protecting your assests while demanding others pay for your healthcare?

Monkeybone
08-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Sorry bout that,

13. Its a rip off.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas And where do you get your information that we need to open our eyes to? If you think that it is the insurance, hospitals, doctors, drug companies all in it together and making the prices up then you are drinking some kool aid my friend. I can't speak for the drug companies, since I think that they are way over the top anyways. Nor the insurance companies. But as for the Hospitals and such.... Do you know why they charge so much? Because they don't get any money. And who is the cause of that mostly? The Gov. Right now we have self pay people, ones without insurance, paying more on the dollar than Medicar & Medicaid people. How wrong is that? If the Gov would actually even pay just atleast 50% of a test, medical cost would go down. but when you are only payed 4 cents to the dollar from the ever compassionate Gov...then you have to make it up somewhere. And then when they see what the Gov pays, they insurance companies low ball the hostpital then. Most places eat the bills when it comes to certain things. I know from working here and experience with my father and what went along with his treatments.

So sorry. It is not some big mob conspiracey. Has it become a big downward spiral where each one has to feed off the next person in line? Unfortunaely yes. Like I said, you have drank the Kool-aid of the Gov and that they big bad health care industry is so greedy, that they should take care of it. yah....right.

Something needs to be done, oh hells yah. But not just something off the hip since you wanna protect your land from hearsay.

Kathianne
08-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Exactly!

http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2009/01/05/gvsb0105.htm

Low Medicare, Medicaid pay rates impact private costs

Cost-shifting was the focus of an insurer-hospital survey.

By Doug Trapp, AMNews staff. Posted Jan. 5, 2009.
Washington -- Consumers and employers could pay less for private health insurance premiums if public programs increased physician and hospital pay, according to a study sponsored by hospital and insurance associations.

The report, by consulting firm Milliman, estimated private payers paid an additional $89 billion a year in 2006 and 2007 after calculating how much physicians and hospitals might be relying on private insurance pay to make up for lower federal rates.

"The faltering economy makes fair payment by Medicare and Medicaid more important than ever," said Richard J. Umbdenstock, American Hospital Assn. president and CEO. The AHA, America's Health Insurance Plans, the BlueCross BlueShield Assn., and Premera Blue Cross sponsored the report...

emmett
08-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Emmett's version of Health Care Reform:

People with no job, who are capable should get one and purchase their own. The influx of new customers would drive down cost because of increased competition to obtain all the new prospective business.

It is documented that poor people, the unemployed and minorities are the heaviest drinkers, drug users and unhealthy. Stop the drug and alcohol abuse and get a job. Then they won't be so damn unhealthy. Stop letting in illegal aliens, kick the ones out who are here and realize dramatic improvements in the overall prospectus basically overnight.

Require citizens who attempt to purchase 5,000 dollar set of wheels for Lincoln Navigators to show a W-2 that reflects an income of 75,000 dollars or more. That way it can be assured that the purchaser is not some food stamp reciepient drug addict who coulod be using the drug proceeds to buy their baby's mamas some health care.

Require all able bodied Head of Households who have someone in their home on free health care to report for "Litter Gitter" duty in their local district. Make it contingent that they must participate in order to recieve this benefit. That will greatly reduce the influx of people seeking entitlements. Vouchers for care will be handed out to all the folks who are present at 5:00 pm and can produce three bags of picked up trash.

Refuse treatment to persons who have STD's, cannot pass drug tests and who father children wioth more than one woman or visa versa. This will all but eliminate most of the folks who would seek free health care. Frankly I'd be willing to chip in a little on the ones left over.

Refuse Free Health Care to anyone who can not provide an original birth certificate. This won;t effect President Obama because he can afford it.

There! One page Health care plan that everybody except Bonnie Frank willhave time to read. It is responsible, economical and will result in the clean up of our city streets. A small subsidy could be alloted to Tire dealers who will no doubt lose a lot of business as a result of this plan, which is fair, since for some reason people who make over 75K don;t seem to swee the need to install 5,000 dollar wheels on their cars anyway.

Call it: EmmettCare

chesswarsnow
08-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

[QUOTE=red states rule;380252]james, we have a version of government run healthcare, and it is called Medicare

1. It needs to be broadened to include those that are unable to get health insurance then.

As of today, the unfunded commentments total $32 TRILLION

2. Where hospitals etc have over charged the Gov.?

You keep saying the private ins industry can not be sustained - how do you propose the US government pays for Medicare?

3. Print more money, just like we always do.

And lets not bring in Social Secuity and how much money is needed to pay for those future obligations

4. Okay lets not, if we did, refer to point 3.

You keep ranting about evil in companies - but in poll after poll - more the 80% of people are happy with the coverage they have

5. Maybe they are happy, but how can we be sure about that?

I am one of them, and I thank God I did not have Obamacare when I was dealing with my health issues over the lasyt 2 years[

6. I tend to think you would have done just as good, if not better, your 12k would of done more for you than rich dudes behind the medical industry./QUOTE]

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

And where do you get your information that we need to open our eyes to?

Its opinion mostly, I'm a free thinker, able to form strong opinions.

If you think that it is the insurance, hospitals, doctors, drug companies all in it together and making the prices up then you are drinking some kool aid my friend.

2. I like kool-Aid, I just might have a swig, I think I would like cherry flavor, thank you.

I can't speak for the drug companies, since I think that they are way over the top anyways.

3. Yeah, I pay like 3.00 a pills for diovan, I think its higher than a cats back, but I keep buying it, my Doc tells me too.

Nor the insurance companies.

4. Who can speak for them,? Lobbiests, whom get paid pockets full of cash to do it.

But as for the Hospitals and such.... Do you know why they charge so much? Because they don't get any money.

5. They say that, but follow one of the top guys home some day, you will see where they live, or at least a rather large gate behind which you can not go.

And who is the cause of that mostly? The Gov. Right now we have self pay people, ones without insurance, paying more on the dollar than Medicar & Medicaid people.

6. Because we know the hospitals will put leans on our property, we hate that, so we scrape money together to pay.

How wrong is that? If the Gov would actually even pay just atleast 50% of a test, medical cost would go down. but when you are only payed 4 cents to the dollar from the ever compassionate Gov..

7. They know what its worth, so they pay accordingly, I would too, if they would'nt put leans on my properties..

then you have to make it up somewhere. And then when they see what the Gov pays, they insurance companies low ball the hostpital then.

8. They steal from the rich, and those who have something to steal, how is that fair to me?

Most places eat the bills when it comes to certain things. I know from working here and experience with my father and what went along with his treatments.

9. They eat nothing, if anything they double bill, the next sucker, thats how they recoup.

So sorry. It is not some big mob conspiracey. Has it become a big downward spiral where each one has to feed off the next person in line?

[COLOR="red"]10. The way I see its just half that, You don't know every detail, I am sure its much uglier.

Unfortunaely yes. Like I said, you have drank the Kool-aid of the Gov and that they big bad health care industry is so greedy, that they should take care of it. yah....right.

12. Well its been awhile, but I see it as they drink MY, cool-aid, I have as good or clearer view on this, its very screwed up, far worse than anyone really knows.

Something needs to be done, oh hells yah. But not just something off the hip since you wanna protect your land from hearsay.

13. I want to protect the working man, for which I'm one, why should we lose everything when we get ill some day, not in America!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Missileman
08-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Pack your shit and carry your ass to Canada. Send us a post card in a couple years on how you're doing.

chesswarsnow
08-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

Exactly!

http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2009/01/05/gvsb0105.htm

1. Depends on how you see life.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
08-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Depends on how you see life.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexasI see it as my responsibility. You?

Mr. P
08-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I see it as my responsibility. You?

I think he see's his as "your" responsibility too.

chesswarsnow
08-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry bout that,

Emmett's version of Health Care Reform:

People with no job, who are capable should get one and purchase their own.

1. Did you know that most jobs and businesses can't afford to pay the premiums, over long periods of time, sooner or later they lose the job, jobs go over seas, hurt leg, death in family, the list goes on my friend.

The influx of new customers would drive down cost because of increased competition to obtain all the new prospective business.

2. Not at all, they would be even more selective, like catching fish in a barrel, just keep the *Keepers*.

It is documented that poor people, the unemployed and minorities are the heaviest drinkers, drug users and unhealthy. Stop the drug and alcohol abuse and get a job. Then they won't be so damn unhealthy.

3. You can't fix stupid, drinking heavy leads to much want, its sad, but does anyone really know how to help people not to be stupid?

Stop letting in illegal aliens, kick the ones out who are here and realize dramatic improvements in the overall prospectus basically overnight.

4. Build the 50' tall concrete wall, make them stay out, and get tough with those here, but will we? Idoits up in DC are to chicken on this issue.

Require citizens who attempt to purchase 5,000 dollar set of wheels for Lincoln Navigators to show a W-2 that reflects an income of 75,000 dollars or more. That way it can be assured that the purchaser is not some food stamp reciepient drug addict who coulod be using the drug proceeds to buy their baby's mamas some health care.

5. Interesting angle, wouldn't of ever thought of this, but okay, lets do this, makes perfect sense to me.

Require all able bodied Head of Households who have someone in their home on free health care to report for "Litter Gitter" duty in their local district. Make it contingent that they must participate in order to recieve this benefit. That will greatly reduce the influx of people seeking entitlements. Vouchers for care will be handed out to all the folks who are present at 5:00 pm and can produce three bags of picked up trash.

6. Okay, but, is that just one day a month at 5pm, when do we stop like at dark, where can I sign up? I'dd bring my three bags in, in an hour, works for me.

Refuse treatment to persons who have STD's, cannot pass drug tests and who father children wioth more than one woman or visa versa. This will all but eliminate most of the folks who would seek free health care. Frankly I'd be willing to chip in a little on the ones left over.

7. Do they get a bullet behind the right ear too?

Refuse Free Health Care to anyone who can not provide an original birth certificate. This won;t effect President Obama because he can afford it.

8. I don't know, this one could spell trouble, but you use your best judgement. I'dd have to nix this idea thou.

There! One page Health care plan that everybody except Bonnie Frank willhave time to read. It is responsible, economical and will result in the clean up of our city streets. A small subsidy could be alloted to Tire dealers who will no doubt lose a lot of business as a result of this plan, which is fair, since for some reason people who make over 75K don;t seem to swee the need to install 5,000 dollar wheels on their cars anyway.

9. Vanity and wastefulness, I'dd agree with this.

Call it: EmmettCare

10. Has a certain ring to it I must say!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
08-19-2009, 09:53 PM
I think he see's his as "your" responsibility too.
Yeah, my take too. Boo.

chesswarsnow
08-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Sorry bout that,

Pack your shit and carry your ass to Canada. Send us a post card in a couple years on how you're doing.

1. I would be abandoning my fellow working class man, now wouldn't I?
2. Better to stay and fight, but it has crossed my mind at times.
3. I could sell out, go up there, buy me a house near a lake, and have 3/4 of what I sold here, in cash.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Sorry bout that,

I see it as my responsibility. You?

1. I see it as having the wool pulled over your eyes.
2. The *Industry* will tell it the way they want you to believe it makes them look innocent.
3. The crap they write is very carefully worded, in order to trap you.
4. I don't buy into it.
5. Nearly 90 billion they rapped from the average joe blow workman, makes me sad really.
6. I wonder how many houses and lands that adds up to?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry bout that,

Yeah, my take too. Boo.

1. Spoken by a person who gets free health care on my taxes I pay for on my properties.
2. And some one who knows first hand to what I am talking about.
3. I know deary, you've been had already.
4. Makes me sad too, even for you.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
08-20-2009, 03:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Spoken by a person who gets free health care on my taxes I pay for on my properties.
2. And some one who knows first hand to what I am talking about.
3. I know deary, you've been had already.
4. Makes me sad too, even for you.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Most people and most businesses can and do pay for health care. In the whiners largest claims 1/5 of pop are without health care, even those whiners admit the largest number of those could obtain, but choose not to.

The whiners believe they should be 'covered' by the 'gov' because they don't want to pay.

You know who YOU are and no, I don't feel sorry for you.

I do think that everyone should 'be able' to obtain coverage-then pay those premiums, based upon ability to pay.

Jeff
08-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Most people and most businesses can and do pay for health care. In the whiners largest claims 1/5 of pop are without health care, even those whiners admit the largest number of those could obtain, but choose not to.

The whiners believe they should be 'covered' by the 'gov' because they don't want to pay.

I do think that everyone should 'be able' to obtain coverage-then pay those premiums, based upon ability to pay.

Bingo!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again

Nukeman
08-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Every freaking answer you gave is sooo full of shit. YOU have NO idea what your talking about. YOU honestly believe the GOVERNMENT knows how much to pay for an exam.

As Monkey ponted out to you they pay currently 22 cents on the dollar for medicare and 4 cents on the dollar for medicaid. tell me mister genius how much should a test cost. I can damn sure tell you it is not what the government says it is worth. those jackasses are wanting to CUT REIMBURSEMENT again. that is what has pupt us in this mess in the first place and now they are going to cause further harm. Ever hear of overhead for buildings, electricity, taxes, water, heat, phone, computer services, mass storage fo data, etc..etc... guess what numbnuts THAT COST A LOT OF MONEY. New equipment cost any where form a few thousand to a few MILIION dollars but hey you keep on thinking the gov't has it all figured out..... IDIOT
If YOU don't have a f***ing clue what your talking about just STFU!!!!

Monkeybone
08-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Every freaking answer you gave is sooo full of shit. YOU have NO idea what your talking about. YOU honestly believe the GOVERNMENT knows how much to pay for an exam.

As Monkey ponted out to you they pay currently 22 cents on the dollar for medicare and 4 cents on the dollar for medicaid. tell me mister genius how much should a test cost. I can damn sure tell you it is not what the government says it is worth. those jackasses are wanting to CUT REIMBURSEMENT again. that is what has pupt us in this mess in the first place and now they are going to cause further harm. Ever hear of overhead for buildings, electricity, taxes, water, heat, phone, computer services, mass storage fo data, etc..etc... guess what numbnuts THAT COST A LOT OF MONEY. New equipment cost any where form a few thousand to a few MILIION dollars but hey you keep on thinking the gov't has it all figured out..... IDIOT
Hey...He knows what he is talking about Nuke.... he's heard things and stories. That right there is enough for some concrete evidence. :thumb: You know what they say about statistics.

chesswarsnow
08-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Unless healthcare is fixed and soon, it will soon be like the housing market, it will collaspe.
2. I for one will applaud it, when the day comes.
3. One way or another, its days are numbered.
4. And America will break free from the bonds that drain its blood.
5. What we have now can not be sustained, the government can't even afford to keep pace with the medical industries appitiete for money.
6. How can any person or any rational mind believe anything or anyone can do it?
7. What we are seeing here is a conflict of interests.
8. The medical industry is so huge, and can do so much to thuwart anyone from taking action against them.
9. They have become a *Country* within a *Country*, you have just bought into it, and you now owe your life to the company man, the brokers of medical bennies.
10. Your bought and paid for with a price, medical bennies.
11. The people in power, know this, but they fear to bring it up, for some day, they too may need some medical treatment.
12. Lets try to keep our eyes on the facts that millions of Americans are refused access, just bring in you deeds, when you get sick is thier lot.
13. I speak for truth and rightful healthcare for all, without selling off your soul in order to do so.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Sorry bout that,

Bingo!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again

1. Towing the line I see, many people do it, but both end up in same place.
2. While millions can't get coverage, people like K, go one spouting the same old story that supports, *The Hidden Country*.
3. I'm set to tear down *The Hidden Country* .
4. *Health Freedom Act To The People!*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
08-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Unless healthcare is fixed and soon, it will soon be like the housing market, it will collaspe.
5. What we have now can not be sustained, the government can't even afford to keep pace with the medical industries appitiete for money.
6. How can any person or any rational mind believe anything or anyone can do it?
8. The medical industry is so huge, and can do so much to thuwart anyone from taking action against them.
9. They have become a *Country* within a *Country*, you have just bought into it, and you now owe your life to the company man, the brokers of medical bennies.
11. The people in power, know this, but they fear to bring it up, for some day, they too may need some medical treatment.
12. Lets try to keep our eyes on the facts that millions of Americans are refused access, just bring in you deeds, when you get sick is thier lot.
13. I speak for truth and rightful healthcare for all, without selling off your soul in order to do so.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

yet you want the very people who gave us the current housing market - to takeover healthcare????

James, you are either stoned and/or drunk - or you are like some people who think they are ENTITLED to other people's money to finance their needs and desires

You keep whining about the profits of the healthcare industry - yet they rank #86 on the list of industries, and they make a 3.3% profit margin

Wake up, open your eyes, and come back to the real world

chesswarsnow
08-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Fear, you reek of it, otherwise, you wouldn't be acting so desperate.
2. Name calling turns me off, the rest of your dieatribe I will not even respond to, even thou I could rather easily.
3. Backatcha

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
08-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Towing the line I see, many people do it, but both end up in same place.
2. While millions can't get coverage, people like K, go one spouting the same old story that supports, *The Hidden Country*.
3. I'm set to tear down *The Hidden Country* .
4. *Health Freedom Act To The People!*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Towing the line, lol, not hardly, I have discussed this with you and there is no discussion here, you won't listen to reason, and have all the answers, so yup I just agree with what I see

CSM
08-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

No matter how much you post, you have already made your position clear. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you personally have assets you could sell to pay for your healthcare, you want others to pay for it which would allow you to retain your wealth. Everything else you post is just obfuscation.

Bottom line is that when push comes to shove, you are looking for a handout though you don't really need one. It''s pretty difficult to buy into any argument you make when in the end, you are just plain greedy.

chesswarsnow
08-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Sorry bout that,

yet you want the very people who gave us the current housing market - to takeover healthcare????

1. Eventually they will have too, I say they start now in a small way, to get a leg up on the problem, before its to late.

James, you are either stoned and/or drunk - or you are like some people who think they are ENTITLED to other people's money to finance their needs and desires

2. I am neither stoned and or drunk, neither of these two have I touched in more than twentry years, Look I pay taxes, and I collect taxes for the state, when I do jobs, I pay taxes on many properties, that a portion funds the local county hospital, yes I am entitled, far more than an illegal alien, but there it is.

You keep whining about the profits of the healthcare industry - yet they rank #86 on the list of industries, and they make a 3.3% profit margin

3. Its not a whine, its a rail, I'm railing on the healthcare industry as a whole.

Wake up, open your eyes, and come back to the real world

4. Oh I am awake, wide awake, and see the problem at hand, we just don't view it the same my friend, this we can agree upon.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Sorry bout that,

Towing the line, lol, not hardly, I have discussed this with you and there is no discussion here, you won't listen to reason, and have all the answers, so yup I just agree with what I see

1. This we can agree upon, to just disagree.
2. I respect that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Sorry bout that,

No matter how much you post, you have already made your position clear. Despite the fact (by your own admission) you personally have assets you could sell to pay for your healthcare, you want others to pay for it which would allow you to retain your wealth. Everything else you post is just obfuscation.

Bottom line is that when push comes to shove, you are looking for a handout though you don't really need one. It''s pretty difficult to buy into any argument you make when in the end, you are just plain greedy.

1. Ahhhh,..one small matter you have over looked my friend, I can *NOT*, get insurance, they won't write it.
2. *Pre-Existing Clause*, wow, thats so hard to remember isn't it.
3. I don't know how many times I have spoken about it, perhaps 40 times.
4. In my eyes, *Pure Greed* is what we are seiing in these town hall meetings, when people with insurance stand up and say, *We Want Our Insurance Over Those Who Don't Deserve To Be Able To Buy It For Themselves!*
5. Though they never quite get the words, *just right*, I just helped them.
6. Hey I not only have assets, I got money too, so sure I could pay for it, but they ain't taking me money,...hummm,......

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Monkeybone
08-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Unless healthcare is fixed and soon, it will soon be like the housing market, it will collaspe. It will collaspe sooner if the Gov gets their hands in it. They will ride a bubble that will burst faster than the housing one which they helped make. Especially if as the "Gov Insurance" reimburses the same way that they do for the M's. Look at how they run the VA & IHS. I would hate to have my medicaly care run like that.
2. I for one will applaud it, when the day comes. Yah, then they will really deny people healthcare like it is said that they do, which is only true when they have a mountain of debt and they come in for an elected procedure.
3. One way or another, its days are numbered. Can't disagree with you there.
4. And America will break free from the bonds that drain its blood. Yah, but there will be too much resistance for the people in power to let go of the power that they have accumulated...I am of course talking about the Gov. They are the blood suckers of this country.
5. What we have now can not be sustained, the government can't even afford to keep pace with the medical industries appitiete for money. The thing is that they never really tried! When you cut reimbursment to the hospitals for the services they provide the money has to unfortunately be made up somewhere. And then when you just have normal overall price increase, be it cost of living to pay your workers or mild inflation that just raisese prices all around, but of course the Gov keeps their payments the same there is only one option left. Would you rather they just start closing hospitals and you have to drive further and further? Sure, they can have low prices and just keep open with plain volume of patients....have fun in that waiting room and getting focused care.
6. How can any person or any rational mind believe anything or anyone can do it? You say this, yet you believe that the Gov can wave their magic wand or snap their fingers and fix it. Yah....right. We will just pay more for it at the end but not recieve the care that we are used to.
7. What we are seeing here is a conflict of interests. Yah.... the Gov wants to keep their money and have the sheep follow them at the same time promising them the moon. And the sheep want to believe that the Great Gov can fix all their problems and fill the land with chocolate rivers and Gumdrop Mountains. FREE HEATLH CARE FOR ALL! YAH!
8. The medical industry is so huge, and can do so much to thuwart anyone from taking action against them. You want a huge medical industry? Give it to the Gov. Then everything will be backed up with comittee after comittee. And unless it is a mess up, what action do you want to take against the medical industry? THat they gave you a test that helped you, but you don't think that you should have to pay for it? Why do you think you have to sign so mayn constents when you go into a Hospital. Sue happy people that have also driven up cost. Isn't that why there are calls for TORT Reform?
9. They have become a *Country* within a *Country*, you have just bought into it, and you now owe your life to the company man, the brokers of medical bennies. And if bennies weren't offered then it would just be transfered over to the insurance companies completely. Nothing really there in this statement. Just another figure to point a blaming finger at. They are so evil... yet you want to sell your soul to the GOv so that they can take care of you. :poke:
11. The people in power, know this, but they fear to bring it up, for some day, they too may need some medical treatment. They "people" in power are the ones that are now getting their hooks into people with the promise of free Health Care that really isn't free.
12. Lets try to keep our eyes on the facts that millions of Americans are refused access, just bring in you deeds, when you get sick is thier lot. And where do you get this? you can't turn people away, especially from the ER. Provide some backup to your statements....or is this just somcthing else that you heard?
13. I speak for truth and rightful healthcare for all, without selling off your soul in order to do so. You speak out of what you view as the best to keep what you view as yours.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I am typing this because Jimmy makes it so I have to. Eleven Characters! :thumb:

CSM
08-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Ahhhh,..one small matter you have over looked my friend, I can *NOT*, get insurance, they won't write it.
4. In my eyes, *Pure Greed* is what we are seiing in these town hall meetings, when people with insurance stand up and say, *We Want Our Insurance Over Those Who Don't Deserve To Be Able To Buy It For Themselves!*
6. Hey I not only have assets, I got money too, so sure I could pay for it, but they ain't taking me money,...hummm,......

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

#6 says it all...:lol:

Monkeybone
08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Like CSM says "#6 says it all...". So it is greed to not want to pay our own insurance plus someone elses? But apparently it is not greed to be able to afford it, but want someone else to pay for it? If that is not greed....then what is it? Sense of entitlement since you worked so hard to gain all of it? If they want the program I say more power to them....but if I'm not using it, I shouldn't have to pay into it.

emmett
08-20-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm feeling more enlightened about this subject with the reading of every post in this thread. LOL

chesswarsnow
08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Sorry bout that,

#6 says it all...:lol:

1. Well I didn't gather up nearly 500k worth of properties, being broke.
2. Surely you must of known that would be impossible???
3. Sure I would pay for it if they would takes me monies!!!:laugh2:
4. I find it rather humorous that so many here think I just want if free and handed to me.
5. If its the only way to get it, sure, but as I have stated so many times, they won't have me.
6. So what else choice do I have?
7. You folks all happy you have insurance, and don't want me getting it, I say its you thats greedy.
8. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it!
9. "I got mine, get the hell out of line pal!"
10. All this putting down those who don't have insurance is going to make you all lose yours.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Prime example of what those who have insurance think.
2. They don't want everyone in their clicks.
3. They hord insurance like its only for them the healthy ones.
4. Like they are gifted to have health insurance, but don't want to be the ones to have to ever, ever use it.
5. And they don't want anyone else to be able to use it.
6. So its all stored up like nuts in the bottom of some hole in a tree, waiting for the squirrel to eat, whenever their time of need comes.
7. "Those unlucky enough to have a pre-existing problem should just stay away from my nut stock pile!":laugh2:
8. ALL people who think like this have to be, *NUTS*.:laugh2:
9. I do feel sorry for you.
10. Better that this whole industry fails then to serve people like this.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
08-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

I'm feeling more enlightened about this subject with the reading of every post in this thread. LOL

1. Yeah, I know, it is rather eye opening.
2. It will be a changing one way or another.
3. Sooner rather than later.
4. Get ready!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

CSM
08-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well I didn't gather up nearly 500k worth of properties, being broke.
2. Surely you must of known that would be impossible???
3. Sure I would pay for it if they would takes me monies!!!:laugh2:
4. I find it rather humorous that so many here think I just want if free and handed to me.
5. If its the only way to get it, sure, but as I have stated so many times, they won't have me.
6. So what else choice do I have?
7. You folks all happy you have insurance, and don't want me getting it, I say its you thats greedy.
8. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it!
9. "I got mine, get the hell out of line pal!"
10. All this putting down those who don't have insurance is going to make you all lose yours.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Here's and idea: sell that property, walk into a hospital and ask for treatment and wave that 500K around. I bet you get the treatment you need.

You can dance around it all you like but again the bottom line is you want someone to pay for your care even though you have the means to provide for yourself.

Other than that, you are right. I don't want to pay for your stinkin' health care, especially knowing you are capable of paying for it yourself.

chesswarsnow
08-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Sorry bout that,

Here's and idea: sell that property, walk into a hospital and ask for treatment and wave that 500K around. I bet you get the treatment you need.

You can dance around it all you like but again the bottom line is you want someone to pay for your care even though you have the means to provide for yourself.

Other than that, you are right. I don't want to pay for your stinkin' health care, especially knowing you are capable of paying for it yourself.

*HERES A BETTER IDEA LETS DON'T*

1. Heres the catch, what I have isn't treatable.
2. Its a condition.
3. So theres really nothing they can do.
4. And the insurance companies won't insure me because of it.
5. Basically this condition makes me a non person to them.
6. Even a illegal alein gets more respect in the health industry.
7. Better that I went to another country, shed off my citizenship, then sneak back in and get help when I need it.
8. How would you like being in my place?
9. One way or another I will try to beat the system we have in place, I prefer not being ground into powder when it comes to me money and me assets.
10. I am sure you would do the very same thing.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
08-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Sorry bout that,

*HERES A BETTER IDEA LETS DON'T*

1. Heres the catch, what I have isn't treatable.
2. Its a condition.
3. So theres really nothing they can do.
4. And the insurance companies won't insure me because of it.
5. Basically this condition makes me a non person to them.
6. Even a illegal alein gets more respect in the health industry.
7. Better that I went to another country, shed off my citizenship, then sneak back in and get help when I need it.
8. How would you like being in my place?
9. One way or another I will try to beat the system we have in place, I prefer not being ground into powder when it comes to me money and me assets.
10. I am sure you would do the very same thing.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry butt, Cranial-rectitis IS treatable.

Trigg
08-21-2009, 04:39 PM

I believe the medical term is cranial rectal inversion, very painful.

chesswarsnow
08-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Why would anyone expose what illness they have onlline,, we so many heartless bastards on the internet?
2. I certainly would not.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Joyful HoneyBee
08-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Clearly no one wants to pay the price it will cost in the long run to see this pork laden health care reform bill pass. It wouldn't be so bad if they would put a clean package on the table, one that was basic and good and didn't infringe on the rights of everyone in the country, but this ISN'T THAT PACKAGE.

CWN, I've done a little research for you and have found that Texas is one of those states that has a high-risk pool for persons with pre-existing conditions.

Texas Health Insurance Risk Pool (THIRP) is administered by your state insurance commissioners office and you can call them toll free at 1-888-398-3927.

I can't say they can positively find someone to cover you, but frankly, having been forced to sell my property a few years ago because of some selfish jerk who thought it was terrible that he was paying 28 cents on the dollar for child support, while I was paying one dollar on every dollar to raise my kids....I really am not impressed with men who whine about their lot in life. :poke: Especially when they claim that their lot boasts a half million in value.

Sorry about your condition, whatever it may be, but I can barely afford to support my own meager lifestyle, so I am not interested in supporting the lifestyle of someone sitting on 500k worth of real estate/property, and neither is any other sensible person.

And, I'm not sorry 'bout that attitude at all.

Just for giggles let's peruse this notable quote and it's source, shall we.....

"The right to personal freedom comes second in importance to the duty of maintaining the race." Adolph Hitler (1889-1945) Mein Kampf

Creeeeeepy huh!!!????

Mr. P
08-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Clearly no one wants to pay the price it will cost in the long run to see this pork laden health care reform bill pass. It wouldn't be so bad if they would put a clean package on the table, one that was basic and good and didn't infringe on the rights of everyone in the country, but this ISN'T THAT PACKAGE.

CWN, I've done a little research for you and have found that Texas is one of those states that has a high-risk pool for persons with pre-existing conditions.

Texas Health Insurance Risk Pool (THIRP) is administered by your state insurance commissioners office and you can call them toll free at 1-888-398-3927.

I can't say they can positively find someone to cover you, but frankly, having been forced to sell my property a few years ago because of some selfish jerk who thought it was terrible that he was paying 28 cents on the dollar for child support, while I was paying one dollar on every dollar to raise my kids....I really am not impressed with men who whine about their lot in life. :poke: Especially when they claim that their lot boasts a half million in value.

Sorry about your condition, whatever it may be, but I can barely afford to support my own meager lifestyle, so I am not interested in supporting the lifestyle of someone sitting on 500k worth of real estate/property, and neither is any other sensible person.

"The right to personal freedom comes second in importance to the duty of maintaining the race." Adolph Hitler (1889-1945) Mein Kampf

Creeeeeepy huh!!!????

:clap::clap::clap:

emmett
08-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Whoa.....is that a Conservative lady (single) living in NE Georgia.

Mr. P
08-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Whoa.....is that a Conservative lady (single) living in NE Georgia.

I SAW HER FIRST!!!!!:slap:

chesswarsnow
08-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

Clearly no one wants to pay the price it will cost in the long run to see this pork laden health care reform bill pass.

1. Well something will get passed, sooner rather than later, I say.

It wouldn't be so bad if they would put a clean package on the table, one that was basic and good and didn't infringe on the rights of everyone in the country, but this ISN'T THAT PACKAGE.

2. Better than nothing, I don't know all the details, I'm not sure anyone does.

3. Oh?

4. Thank you very much, I shall look into it.

I can't say they can positively find someone to cover you, but frankly, having been forced to sell my property a few years ago because of some selfish jerk who thought it was terrible that he was paying 28 cents on the dollar for child support, while I was paying one dollar on every dollar to raise my kids....I really am not impressed with men who whine about their lot in life. :poke:

5. Sorry to hear about that, seems like you may understand a little about what I been ranting about, why, were you forced to sale?

Especially when they claim that their lot boasts a half million in value.

6. I have been lucky, hard worked helped, but should I lose it if and when I become ill? Is that the American way after all?

7. So if it were you having these properties, then your mind would still be the same eh?

8. Maybe you are like many who can't get ahead, and want everyone else to be in, *your lot*, too.

9. I like a good lol, myself, but Hitler wasn't all that funny, if you asked me.

10. Whats creepy, he was for the blond hair and blue eyed race, and he had black eyes and black hair.

Creeeeeepy huh!!!????

10. Thanks so much, even though you may be a reluctant helper, its the thought that counts sweetie.

11. And welcome to DP, your views are very opinionated, and we like that here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Joyful HoneyBee
08-22-2009, 12:04 AM
James, I truly feel that something should be done about insurance availability and health care costs. Sadly, like everything else that gets launched in DC, the bill is packed with toxic garbage that will end up landing in the laps of hardworking Americans just like all the other trash that has been flung at us with the bail-outs of late. Those people writing the bills have no concept of simplicity, just as they have no sincerity and apparently no common sense either. Because we've just been sucker punched with the cost of bailing out the most powerful banks in the country, thereby allowing the officers of those banks to continue to enjoy their lavish lifestyle(s), we the people are pretty much fiscally drained, as are our children and their children and their children and grandchildren yet to come. We cannot continue to mortgage our future to pay for unweildy entitlement programs. Try as I might, I cannot begin to comprehend what part of "We ain't got the money" that the government and the people seeking further entitlements fail to understand.

By the way, I chose to sell rather than to face forceclosure down the road. I suppose if I had all my back child support that is owed to me, I could possibly afford to pay your medical expenses. Now, you want to know about a problem...there's a problem. At the risk of encroaching on this thread, if some of those deadbeat parents out there would do the right thing, there would be more kids with insurance, that's for sure.

The saddest thing about common sense is that it is terribly uncommon!

Mr. P
08-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Peachcare. No?

Joyful HoneyBee
08-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Peachcare, sure, for those who fall into the income criteria.

08-22-2009, 12:21 AM
I SAW HER FIRST!!!!!:slap:

technically, you havent seen her at all. just a message she wrote.

I just had to go there:)

chesswarsnow
08-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

James, I truly feel that something should be done about insurance availability and health care costs.

1. Yeah who doesn't, unless your in a group, who can afford it?

Sadly, like everything else that gets launched in DC, the bill is packed with toxic garbage that will end up landing in the laps of hardworking Americans just like all the other trash that has been flung at us with the bail-outs of late.

2. You could say that, most things that get passed are pork filled.

Those people writing the bills have no concept of simplicity, just as they have no sincerity and apparently no common sense either. Because we've just been sucker punched with the cost of bailing out the most powerful banks in the country, thereby allowing the officers of those banks to continue to enjoy their lavish lifestyle(s), we the people are pretty much fiscally drained, as are our children and their children and their children and grandchildren yet to come.

3. Should of gone into banking, thats where the money is, kinda like the medical industry.

We cannot continue to mortgage our future to pay for unweildy entitlement programs. Try as I might, I cannot begin to comprehend what part of "We ain't got the money" that the government and the people seeking further entitlements fail to understand.

4. Who has it, CHINA? So we print it ourselves then ask to borrow it from them,..hummmmm,..I see.

By the way, I chose to sell rather than to face forceclosure down the road. I suppose if I had all my back child support that is owed to me,

5. So you didn't lose it due to a medical / hospital bill?

I could possibly afford to pay your medical expenses.

6. Thats nice, but I don't think you would even if you were able, and I wouldn't expect you too.

Now, you want to know about a problem...there's a problem. At the risk of encroaching on this thread, if some of those deadbeat parents out there would do the right thing, there would be more kids with insurance, that's for sure.

7. So problems started when either you shed your husband, or he shed you,...thats how things get turned upside down, those kinds of life changing events do have other less desireable ends.

The saddest thing about common sense is that it is terribly uncommon!

8. Yeah, its rampant.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Joyful HoneyBee
08-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Thirty-five years ago my dad (now deceased) sat for hours with me telling me that this country didn't have to worry that some other country would attack us from outside our borders. He said there would be no need of traditional warfare in order for us to lose control of our country. His theory was that the government would screw around and allow us to be taken over by other countries by becoming complacent about our financial standing as a nation. He told me that people from other countries would buy up our land and that we would borrow money from other nations to the extent that they would basically own everything we have.

Wow, that was thirty five years ago and I remember thinking he was a little delusional. I reasoned in my mind that we are a superpower, a world leader, everyone comes to us to have their problems solved. I couldn't imagine that anything he said had any credence. But, guess what....he nailed it. He even came very close to naming the country that would take us over from within...he named Japan.

These massive entitlement plans are digging us into a deeper hole!

CWN, do you really want us to borrow more money from China to pay for your medical expenses? Wouldn't it be better to wait until Monday and contact THIRP and see if I have set you on a more reasonable path? I do want to know how that turns out. And, I do wish you well in that endeavor because the truth is, while I have a good insurance, I have been without it and it is an uneasy way of life. But, uneasy as it may be, it is less unsettling than having to listen to a message in Chinese, then Spanish, before you get to press 1 for English, eh!

emmett
08-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Such as in the case of this thread and your opinions on government run health care James.

Here I got it. If it is a "right" of the people to have government provided, excuse me, hard working American provided, health care for everyone then let's examine something. What is more important, health care or a place to live? That said, shouldn't we first provide each American a place to live, paid for by tax upon those who earn for those who don;'t and cannot afford housing.

Then, we need transportation right?

Government should provide all of these things/ what is the difference. Opinions may vary on which is more important to some than others so why don;t we just provide it all.

Joyful HoneyBee
08-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Hey, yeah, there you go El De-Ba-Tor, what I need is a new wardrobe. I cannot afford a bunch of new clothes, so couldn't the government provide me with new apparel? That sounds like a reasonable entitlement to me since I already have sufficient health insurance, I would like to be able to substitute filling my need for new clothes in place of health care.

Maybe this entitlement thing isn't such a bad idea after all. I could even take care to buy clothing made in China, thereby paying back our debt as I go.

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket! :laugh2:

chesswarsnow
08-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Sorry bout that,

Thirty-five years ago my dad (now deceased) sat for hours with me telling me that this country didn't have to worry that some other country would attack us from outside our borders. He said there would be no need of traditional warfare in order for us to lose control of our country. His theory was that the government would screw around and allow us to be taken over by other countries by becoming complacent about our financial standing as a nation. He told me that people from other countries would buy up our land and that we would borrow money from other nations to the extent that they would basically own everything we have.

1. We are far from that happening, your dad was wrong so far.

Wow, that was thirty five years ago and I remember thinking he was a little delusional.

2. That would be my impression.

I reasoned in my mind that we are a superpower, a world leader, everyone comes to us to have their problems solved.

3. Its still the case, we just sent 1 billion to Brazil to get the oil just discovered.

I couldn't imagine that anything he said had any credence. But, guess what....he nailed it.

4. Nailed it, I'dd have to disagree with that. Though China has made some head way as a world leader, they still are the tighest people with a buck, even in times of great need internationally.

He even came very close to naming the country that would take us over from within...he named Japan.

5. China isn't all that interested in buying up everything American, China likes China, and everything has gotten so expensive over there, they can barely keep up, in their own back yards.

6. Well we can always print more money, its always worked in the past.

CWN, do you really want us to borrow more money from China to pay for your medical expenses?

7. You really believe we get our money from China huh?

Wouldn't it be better to wait until Monday and contact THIRP and see if I have set you on a more reasonable path? I do want to know how that turns out.

8. We shall see, I hope its affordable, and real insurance is all.

And, I do wish you well in that endeavor because the truth is, while I have a good insurance, I have been without it and it is an uneasy way of life. But, uneasy as it may be, it is less unsettling than having to listen to a message in Chinese, then Spanish, before you get to press 1 for English, eh!

9. Not in your life time, perhaps, maybe ever.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
08-23-2009, 09:10 AM

Wow, that was thirty five years ago and I remember thinking he was a little delusional. I reasoned in my mind that we are a superpower, a world leader, everyone comes to us to have their problems solved. I couldn't imagine that anything he said had any credence. But, guess what....he nailed it. He even came very close to naming the country that would take us over from within...he named Japan.

CWN, do you really want us to borrow more money from China to pay for your medical expenses? Wouldn't it be better to wait until Monday and contact THIRP and see if I have set you on a more reasonable path? I do want to know how that turns out. And, I do wish you well in that endeavor because the truth is, while I have a good insurance, I have been without it and it is an uneasy way of life. But, uneasy as it may be, it is less unsettling than having to listen to a message in Chinese, then Spanish, before you get to press 1 for English, eh!

I remember those days as well. Japan was the country that was going to take over America because they were buying up everything. Your Dad was right about the financial end of it. But there has always been some country that was demonized including Germany, the arabs, India and now China.

It's not that China will own everything. It's that our dollar will become more worthless, bringing on a depression, which the Chinese would dearly love.

Unfortunately most everyone in the world wants to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

chesswarsnow
08-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Sorry bout that,

I remember those days as well. Japan was the country that was going to take over America because they were buying up everything. Your Dad was right about the financial end of it. But there has always been some country that was demonized including Germany, the arabs, India and now China.

It's not that China will own everything. It's that our dollar will become more worthless, bringing on a depression, which the Chinese would dearly love.

Unfortunately most everyone in the world wants to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

1. If anything China will fail.
2. Revolutions in the air.
3. Its a slow process, but the China machine has its brain washing tactics, which is begining to losen, because of the internet, and information getting in, that used to not.
4. They like so many others love high tech cell phones, with internet.
5. Informations is much harder to surpress.
6. Freeing the people now, isn't as hard as it once was.
7. But at the same time, we have to respect what they have been able to pull off, for so many years, to get that many people to tow the line, is amazing.
8. Their healthcare system seems to provide care for the sick, and whos to say, for sure if they are happy with it, information coming out of China is sparce too.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gaffer
08-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. If anything China will fail.
2. Revolutions in the air.
3. Its a slow process, but the China machine has its brain washing tactics, which is begining to losen, because of the internet, and information getting in, that used to not.
4. They like so many others love high tech cell phones, with internet.
5. Informations is much harder to surpress.
6. Freeing the people now, isn't as hard as it once was.
7. But at the same time, we have to respect what they have been able to pull off, for so many years, to get that many people to tow the line, is amazing.
8. Their healthcare system seems to provide care for the sick, and whos to say, for sure if they are happy with it, information coming out of China is sparce too.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It's really not that hard to get that many people to tow the line. Don't let them have firearms and kill everyone that disagrees with you. Teach the young only what you want them to know. They are well practiced, they have been doing it for 60 years. They watched the soviets demise and made sure to avoid an arms race.

What they have been practicing for years is still in the early stages here. The libs have yet to be able to control an armed and informed populace. That is their biggest challenge at this time.

chesswarsnow
08-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Sorry bout that,

It's really not that hard to get that many people to tow the line.

1. We are talking about the most populated country on the planet, aren't we? I think that in itself says a lot about how weak the inner person of the People of China are. Its got to be ingrained in the traditions in order for them to tow such a line, as history shows its real.

Don't let them have firearms and kill everyone that disagrees with you.

2. The use jail as a reminder too, imprisonment does wonders to bring a person back to the collective.

Teach the young only what you want them to know.

3. Such bright people too, and yet, are under the thumb of its leadership, as if they are Gods.

They are well practiced, they have been doing it for 60 years.

4. I think it goes farther back than 60 years, more like 2000 years.

They watched the soviets demise and made sure to avoid an arms race.

5. Soviets haven't gone anywhere, just been lessoned to one degree or another, still having power, is central to them, they maintained that.

What they have been practicing for years is still in the early stages here.

6. We are rather new at it, but there is still too many opposing powers to make it work here, different shades of religion makes it impossible.

The libs have yet to be able to control an armed and informed populace. That is their biggest challenge at this time.

7. Sure it is, and its why they or anyone else for that matter can not do what China has been doing for thousands of years. In order to do it, a power must be able to treat its subjects like cattle, and in order to do that, the populace has to be willing to a certain degree, which they are, Americans are so far from that, it would be nearly impossible to get there, and I wouldn't even want to say how it could be done, for fear some one may try to apply it some day.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Joyful HoneyBee
08-23-2009, 11:42 PM
I don't think my dad was nearly as delusional as he was visionary. I've read the stats about foreign national interests that are held in the US.

The point is...we are already paying via blood, sweat and tears to cover the entitlements we've obliged ourselves to take on. At what point is enough enough? The people are speaking and the bulk of them are saying "Hell no, I don't wanna go on Uncle Sam's Healthmobile!"

PostmodernProphet
08-24-2009, 06:21 AM
okay, having read this whole thread in one sitting I see a solution to CW's problem that doesn't require trashing the entire health care system....

it's actually a solution that Michigan used in it's worker's compensation insurance system about forty years ago....

the problem there was once a worker had been injured the first time, it was nearly impossible for him to get a job, because no worker's compensation insurer would accept him as a risk, thus no employer could take him on payroll...

the state created a second injury fund and required every comp insurer to pay a percentage of it's premiums into the fund....that fund covered the "uninsurables".....

no insurance company could deny coverage for an employee, but any claims he made for disability were paid out of the second injury fund......

you could create the same system with health insurance.....