PDA

View Full Version : 14-hour road trip tomorrow

darin
08-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Tomorrow I'm driving the Mazda to (near) Detroit. I'll be spending a few days looking for a new place to live, as I've recently accepted a job up there. I'll fly home, leaving the car with a friend. Having only TWO cars to move - once we finally move - will be much easier than having to deal with the Subaru, Ford, AND the mazda.

Anywho - if you're on I65, I71, I75, or I275, and see a silver car-boot-scootin' northbound...AND it has 'bama plates...that's me :)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1634&stc=1&d=1250124772

Jeff
08-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Be careful and have a safe trip, ooo and watch out for those truckers, lol

Gaffer
08-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Well I'll watch for you. If your going through Colmbus you will pass near me on I-71. I'm about half way between Columbus and Cincinnati.

Jeff
08-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey Gaffer I heard they raised the speed limit to 65 for trucks up there is that right?

Gaffer
08-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey Gaffer I heard they raised the speed limit to 65 for trucks up there is that right?

Yes I believe they finally did. Raised speed limits in areas that use to be 55 too. Except for in the cities the speeds are 65 throughout the state now.

emmett
08-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Is it still against the law for company drivers to smoke cigarettes in their trucks in Ohio?

Gaffer
08-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Is it still against the law for company drivers to smoke cigarettes in their trucks in Ohio?

It's almost against the law to smoke in ohio. Yes they have a law that no one can smoke in a company vehicle. Most ignore it. Companies are suppose to have smoking areas at least 50 feet from any building as well.

ohio is run by idiots and extremely ignorant people. Has been for 50 years. I believe their goal is to rival Mississippi for bottom ranking.

Jeff
08-13-2009, 09:21 PM
It's almost against the law to smoke in ohio. Yes they have a law that no one can smoke in a company vehicle. Most ignore it. Companies are suppose to have smoking areas at least 50 feet from any building as well.

ohio is run by idiots and extremely ignorant people. Has been for 50 years. I believe their goal is to rival Mississippi for bottom ranking.

Wow I had heard that ya couldn't smoke but thought it was one of those trucker stories, oooo well guess I will get a ticket

And thanks for the info

fj1200
09-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Tomorrow I'm driving the Mazda to (near) Detroit. I'll be spending a few days looking for a new place to live, as I've recently accepted a job up there. I'll fly home, leaving the car with a friend. Having only TWO cars to move - once we finally move - will be much easier than having to deal with the Subaru, Ford, AND the mazda.

Who moves TO Michigan these days? :cuckoo:

Congratulations.

Gaffer
09-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Who moves TO Michigan these days? :cuckoo:

Congratulations.

somali's, arabs, and government workers.