PDA

View Full Version : Now Liberal Media Attacks What Protesters Are Wearing

red states rule
08-16-2009, 02:11 PM
The arrogrance of the left knows no bounds folks. At least now they are openly showing their contempt for the middle class as elected Dems are now doing

I do hope the voters have a long memory and read articles like this before they go to the polls in 2010 and 2012

Dressing Down (In More Ways Than One)

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2009/08/13/PH2009081304160.jpg

By Robin Givhan
Sunday, August 16, 2009

It seems safe to say that of the hundreds of thousands of style guides currently for sale on Amazon, not one of the didactic, shop-your-closet authors was prescient enough to outline the appropriate attire for those public occasions when good citizens decide to behave like raving lunatics and turn lawmakers into punching bags. What does one wear to a town hall meeting on health care when the sole reason for attending is to shout down one's congressman like a peevish teenager in the midst of a hormonal rage?

As congressional representatives have gone home to their constituents this summer to sell health care reform, they have occasionally been met by concerned voters with pointed questions, reasonable doubts and fear-of-the-unknown frustrations about what lies ahead. Citizens want to make sure that their representatives have thought through this whole health care reconfiguration.

But lawmakers have also had to deal with innumerable folks who believe that the legitimacy of their protests over reform will be determined solely by their lung capacity. The louder and more obnoxious the scream, the more their message will register with the power brokers in the nation's capital -- or at least that is the thinking. There is, of course, a smidge of logic to this strategy. After all, if the squeaky wheel gets the grease, then perhaps the bellowing citizen can influence policy.

In the meantime, however, the ugly-American images coming out of these town hall shouting matches resonate in a way that does the nation no favors. It highlights the obvious disconnect between the politicians and the people they represent. The photographs do particular damage to the protesters who aim to make a convincing argument that their position is both logical and righteous. But it is hard to have faith in the cool syllogism of someone whose face is scrunched into a road map of rage.

By and large, the shouters are dressed in a way that underscores their Average Guy -- or Gal -- bona fides. They are wearing T-shirts, baseball caps, promotional polo shirts and sundresses with bra straps sliding down their arm. They wear fuchsia bandannas and American-flag hankies wrapped around their skulls like sweatbands. A lot of them look as though they could be attending a sporting event and, as it turns out, the congressman is the opposing player they have decided to heckle. If not for the prohibition on signs and banners inside these meetings, one could well expect to see some of these volatile worker bees wearing face paint and foam fingers, albeit the highlighted digit would be one expressing foul displeasure rather than competitive rank or skill level.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/13/AR2009081304158.html

Little-Acorn
08-16-2009, 03:28 PM
The media and other leftists have a major problem on their hands. America is showing signs of not wanting their socialized-medicine scheme, and maybe rejecting it.

They don't dare publicize that, of course. So they have to write articles about something else - ANYTHING. Criticize the protestors for interrupting. Announce they were "sent by" insurance companies, Republican committees, or whoever your favorite villain is. (Never mind that you can't find any actualy instances of this happening, except for busloads of people wearing ACORN shirts.) Gripe about the way they dress.

But whatever you do, DON'T mention the fact that they have legitimate grievances, or that the Democrats at the Town Halls can't refute them.

Write articles about anything - ANYTHING - except that.

red states rule
08-16-2009, 04:07 PM
The media and other leftists have a major problem on their hands. America is showing signs of not wanting their socialized-medicine scheme, and maybe rejecting it.

They don't dare publicize that, of course. So they have to write articles about something else - ANYTHING. Criticize the protestors for interrupting. Announce they were "sent by" insurance companies, Republican committees, or whoever your favorite villain is. (Never mind that you can't find any actualy instances of this happening, except for busloads of people wearing ACORN shirts.) Gripe about the way they dress.

But whatever you do, DON'T mention the fact that they have legitimate grievances, or that the Democrats at the Town Halls can't refute them.

My coworker and car pool buddy is a big time liberal, He was very cocky after the election - and constantly told me how the Dems would restore the nations honor and bring fiscal responsibility and prosperty to America

Now he no longer wants to talk about the results of Obama's, Reid's, and Pelosi's policies. He has called the people attending the Tea Parties stu[id, he has smeared the folks speaking up at the town halls

Recently, he has said several times how Dems will get in "our faces" and will not take our "crap"

While he says he does not support socialized healthcare - he sure as hell hates anyone pointing out what is in the House bill - and you better not mention what Obama has said about s single payer system

If you do, he yells (and I mean yells) how you want to "tear down the Obama presidency"

I wonder if he has sent an email about my posts here and what he have talked about while driving to and from work to the WH website :lol:

gabosaurus
08-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Remind anyone of the attacks on the "Operation Pink" protesters?

Trigg
08-17-2009, 12:59 PM

Do you know what a link is.:link:

theHawk
08-17-2009, 05:34 PM

Problem is Pinkos were a small (but loud) fraction of a percent of this country.
Millions of people are rejecting this "health care" bill.

But hey, those libs did show us how to get your message heard. All these libs loved it when pinkos did it. Tables are turned now. :laugh2:

red states rule
08-17-2009, 10:28 PM

You mean these idiots Gabby? Who would not attack them for this?

http://afrocityblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/code_pink_murder.jpg?w=400&h=300

red states rule
08-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Problem is Pinkos were a small (but loud) fraction of a percent of this country.
Millions of people are rejecting this "health care" bill.

But hey, those libs did show us how to get your message heard. All these libs loved it when pinkos did it. Tables are turned now. :laugh2:

But liberals, and their allies in the media, continue to show their contempt for anyone who dares to speak out against Obamacare

Time's Joe Klein: ObamaCare Protests a 'Celebration of Ignorance'

Time magazine’s Joe Klein complained about the legal appearance of openly-carried weapons at protests against President Obama during a segment on CNN’s Newsroom on Monday, and labeled the protests against ObamaCare as a “celebration of ignorance and misinformation.” Anchor Rick Sanchez and his other guest also falsely characterized one of the guns carried at a recent protest.

Sanchez first asked Klein about the appearance of guns at several recent protests against President Obama outside his health care town hall events or speeches: “Joe, I don’t remember people protesting against President Bush showing up with weapons. Do you?” The Time columnist answered, “No. I’ve been doing this for almost 40 years now, and I’ve never seen anything like this. There should be like a Second Amendment equivalent of the First Amendment- shouting fire in a crowded theater.”

The CNN anchor expressed his agreement with this analogy, and the columnist continued with his point, and included his label of the anti-ObamaCare protesters: “I mean...there is a right to bear arms....But there’s also a right to protect the president and a right to sanity, and this is clearly getting quite out of hand. You know, what we’ve seen this month is pretty frightening in general. We’ve seen- you know, the celebration of ignorance and misinformation in this health care battle, and- you know, this, more than almost any other issue I can think of, is one where we need to be clear-headed and- you know, lay out the facts and let people decide the facts.”

Sanchez followed up by commenting that the Secret Service has “their hands full, don’t they?” Klein replied, “Yeah, I was just out with the president over the weekend in Montana and Colorado, and there are an awful lot of- the Secret Service does an amazing job....But there are an awful lot of angry people out there, and most of them, I got to say, are misinformed.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2009/08/17/times-joe-klein-obamacare-protests-celebration-ignorance

red states rule
08-18-2009, 09:44 AM

How libs view dissent when they are in power

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/154127.jpg

9/12er
08-18-2009, 04:43 PM
My coworker and car pool buddy is a big time liberal, He was very cocky after the election - and constantly told me how the Dems would restore the nations honor and bring fiscal responsibility and prosperty to America

Now he no longer wants to talk about the results of Obama's, Reid's, and Pelosi's policies. He has called the people attending the Tea Parties stu[id, he has smeared the folks speaking up at the town halls

Recently, he has said several times how Dems will get in "our faces" and will not take our "crap"

While he says he does not support socialized healthcare - he sure as hell hates anyone pointing out what is in the House bill - and you better not mention what Obama has said about s single payer system

If you do, he yells (and I mean yells) how you want to "tear down the Obama presidency"

I wonder if he has sent an email about my posts here and what he have talked about while driving to and from work to the WH website :lol:

Terry, I seriously need to know who that is. Just so that I know who NOT to talk to at work LMAO

red states rule
08-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Terry, I seriously need to know who that is. Just so that I know who NOT to talk to at work LMAO

I will send you a PM. He used to psot here under the name "Blur States Rule" - but the incoming facts was way to much for him

Tonight, he did not want to talk about such things as Cash for Clunkers dealers not being paid, Dems attacking each other over the failure of Obamacare to pass, and how Obama's deficits are hitting new all time records for government deficits.

He just sat back and sighed as I asked him how that hope and change was going for him

He is NOT a happy Obaba drones these days