PDA

View Full Version : Everyone welcome at Houston Gun Show

gabosaurus
08-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Working on a piece about how easy it is for drug cartels and gang members to acquire firearms, a team of Austin journalists visited a gun show in Houston this weekend. Held at a large convention center, it was one of the largest such shows in the country.

What they found were cars from many different states as well as a large number of Mexican plates. Our friends from across the borders came away with armfuls of high powered weapons, stashed them in their vehicles and drove away.
The Second Amendment was great respected as groups of enterprising fellows flashed gang signs at each others as they carried out Uzis, bullet proof vests, Glocks and tons of ammo to their vehicles.

Inside the show, all you needed to buy anything was cash. No questions asked. There was enough firepower to conquer small countries. Available to anyone who wanted it.

Thanks gun nuts for your efforts in keeping criminals, gang bangers and drug lords armed and dangerous.

Silver
08-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Working on a piece about how easy it is for drug cartels and gang members to acquire firearms, a team of Austin journalists visited a gun show in Houston this weekend. Held at a large convention center, it was one of the largest such shows in the country.

What they found were cars from many different states as well as a large number of Mexican plates. Our friends from across the borders came away with armfuls of high powered weapons, stashed them in their vehicles and drove away.
The Second Amendment was great respected as groups of enterprising fellows flashed gang signs at each others as they carried out Uzi's, bullet proof vests, Glocks and tons of ammo to their vehicles.

Inside the show, all you needed to buy anything was cash. No questions asked. There was enough firepower to conquer small countries. Available to anyone who wanted it.

Thanks gun nuts for your efforts in keeping criminals, gang bangers and drug lords armed and dangerous.

Absolutely see the problem as you do...fuckin' Mexicans shouldn't be allowed across the border in the first place, to buy guns or to buy toothpicks and anything else........
Of course...you know full auto UZI, requires a FBI/BATF background check and receipt of a 200.00 tax to purchase, and it the local authorities(ATF/FBI) aren't doing their jobs...BITCH TO THEM and stop implying the problems are someones else's fault....fool

crin63
08-17-2009, 12:55 AM

The Second Amendment was great respected as groups of enterprising fellows flashed gang signs at each others as they carried out Uzis, bullet proof vests, Glocks and tons of ammo to their vehicles.

:link: Links???

UZI's? I doubt it, maybe an UZI but who cares if it was an UZI anyway. If was a full automatic UZI then they paid about $6000 - $8000 for 1 unit if you can find them. If anyone is looking for an open bolt model A UZI new in the box I might know where there is one sitting. Glock is just a brand like Colt or Smith & Wesson so once again who cares if they bought Glocks.

Tons of ammo? I doubt it since the ammo is selling out in 30 minutes at that show, I buy ammo from a vendor that sells there. In fact I took 10 women out shooting ammo from that vendor yesterday.

I've been to that gun show and its a beautiful thing to behold. Free America!! I love to just breathe in the freedom in other states. I love walking into my favorite pawn shop here locally because the owner and his son have big ole cigars they are puffing away on, in complete violation of California Laws. I smells like freedom to me when I walk in and get of whiff of those nasty old cigars piling up in the ashtrays. It just warms my heart all over.

gabosaurus
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
UZI's? I doubt it, maybe an UZI but who cares if it was an UZI anyway. If was a full automatic UZI then they paid about $6000 - $8000 for 1 unit if you can find them. If anyone is looking for an open bolt model A UZI new in the box I might know where there is one sitting. Glock is just a brand like Colt or Smith & Wesson so once again who cares if they bought Glocks.

$8,000 is pocket change to gang chiefs and drug cartels.
If it is available, I am sure it is for sale with no questions asked. Private sellers don't have any stipulations.
And I am sure that ammo is freely available for private sales, under the table.

Mr. P
08-17-2009, 01:16 PM
If it is available, I am sure it is for sale with no questions asked. Private sellers don't have any stipulations.

They have stipulations if they're selling an automatic weapon, the ATF/FBI seem to be VERY interested in such transactions along with the folks that run these gun shows. The ammo supply is low right now, so it's not "freely available".

crin63
08-17-2009, 01:17 PM

As usual, you show your complete ignorance of the issues.

The gun is available at a gun shop and private sellers aren't all a bunch of yahoos that sell to anyone.

The ammo is not that easily available to anyone anywhere right now. There is an ammo shortage because you guys have control of Washington.

theHawk
08-17-2009, 05:20 PM
So what are you saying Gabby, you'd like to actually see our border laws enforced? Oh of course not, you'd rather see our constitutional rights trashed while our country is overrun by foreign thugs.

And by the way, all those weapons not only enough to conquer a small country, its enough to defend ours. Which of course is the point of them, but that simple fact goes right over the heads of liberals who could care less about free citizens' rights to defend themselves.

Sitarro
08-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Any Texans there wouldn't sell anything to a stinking, piece of shit, Mexican Gangster, especially if they walk in speaking anything but english. There may have been mexican/Americans selling to Mexican nationals but I even doubt that. I doubt they would have an easy time getting those weapons back to Mexico anywhere.

I don't buy that bullshit Obama crap that anyone is coming to the states to buy anything, there is plenty of weaponry to be had from Central and South America brought in from Russia and other shit holes. Obama is just using that garbage to set us up for more gun legislation, he will not be successful.

theHawk
08-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Any Texans there wouldn't sell anything to a stinking, piece of shit, Mexican Gangster, especially if they walk in speaking anything but english. There may have been mexican/Americans selling to Mexican nationals but I even doubt that. I doubt they would have an easy time getting those weapons back to Mexico anywhere.

I don't buy that bullshit Obama crap that anyone is coming to the states to buy anything, there is plenty of weaponry to be had from Central and South America brought in from Russia and other shit holes. Obama is just using that garbage to set us up for more gun legislation, he will not be successful.

Even if foreigners are buying American weapons....who cares? Why is it even an issue?

Mr. P
08-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Even if foreigners are buying American weapons....who cares? Why is it even an issue?

No kiddin, I mean we buy their dope..so hey...free trade? Yes, sorta, cept 50% of it IS illegal and it's NOT the sale of the guns. So who's really at fault, if there is fault, gun sellers or pot smokers? The libs will hate that bit of fact.

HogTrash
08-18-2009, 07:34 PM

Thanks gun nuts for your efforts in keeping criminals, gang bangers and drug lords armed and dangerous.Be assured of one thing Gabby...The anti gun liberals and mainstream press, being controlled and motivated by the powers that be, are not in the least bit concerned about closing any gun show loopholes to restrict the sale of firearms to criminals or drug cartels.

Their only goal is to cut off another avenue of legal gun sales to honest Americans who wish to excersize their second amendment right to keep and bear arms...Hopefully their dream of eventually disarming all lawabiding citizens and leaving them at the mercy of the government will be realized.

The Second Amendment and legal gun ownership by lawabiding American citizens is the last line of defense against an oppresive government should that ever become the case in America...This inalienable rights greatest purpose is the fact that it keeps the government in check and us free!

Don't sell out your childrens future to fear mongers!

Binky
08-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Be assured of one thing Gabby...The anti gun liberals and mainstream press, being controlled and motivated by the powers that be, are not in the least bit concerned about closing any gun show loopholes to restrict the sale of firearms to criminals or drug cartels.

Their only goal is to cut off another avenue of legal gun sales to honest Americans who wish to excersize their second amendment right to keep and bear arms...Hopefully their dream of eventually disarming all lawabiding citizens and leaving them at the mercy of the government will be realized.

The Second Amendment and legal gun ownership by lawabiding American citizens is the last line of defense against an oppresive government should that ever become the case in America...This inalienable rights greatest purpose is the fact that it keeps the government in check and us free!

Don't sell out your childrens future to fear mongers!

If the right to bear arms is taken away, those children will no longer have a future as they do today. Their future will be one of oppression and control, which is the reasoning behind any attempt at taking that right away. A people without the means to protect themselves against tyranny are a people doomed to live as slaves the rest of their existance.

Binky
08-18-2009, 10:14 PM
:link: Links???

Tons of ammo? I doubt it since the ammo is selling out in 30 minutes at that show, I buy ammo from a vendor that sells there. In fact I took 10 women out shooting ammo from that vendor yesterday.

I've been to that gun show and its a beautiful thing to behold. Free America!! I love to just breathe in the freedom in other states. I love walking into my favorite pawn shop here locally because the owner and his son have big ole cigars they are puffing away on, in complete violation of California Laws. I smells like freedom to me when I walk in and get of whiff of those nasty old cigars piling up in the ashtrays. It just warms my heart all over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you been to this one? It's a gun shoot and they sell weapons. I've been there and actually fired an AK 47 and have it in a vid. Awesome feeling of power. There are several motels and restaurants in the area as well.

Knob Creek Gun Range
690 Ritchey Lane
West Point, KY 40177
1 mile off Dixie Highway on Highway 44
Phone: 502-922-4457
See our map.

We offer several outdoor ranges from which you may shoot including our 350 yd. main range. A combat pistol shooting range & one additional 100 yd. private range.

Hours of operation: Wednesday through Monday 9am.-6pm. Closed Tuesdays. Range fee is $10.00 per person per day. Shooters under the age of twelve are $5.00. Parental supervision is required for anyone under the age of 18. You must be 18 years old to shoot a long gun and 21 years of age to shoot a handgun unless you have a parent with you.

We carry a full line of guns and gun related supplies and equipment. Including handguns, rifles, shotguns, assault rifles, ammunition, targets, scopes & mounts, reloading supplies, magazines, KCR t-shirts, and other souvenirs.

Individual memberships are available for $100.00 per year. Family memberships are $150.00 per year! Membership entitles you to unlimited range time during normal hours of operation.

NEXT MACHINE GUN SHOOT IS OCTOBER 9th, 10th & 11th!

Binky
08-18-2009, 10:34 PM

Many of those "private" sellers are Viet Nam vets or some other vet. How do I know this? Because I'm smart enough to check out gun shoots and chat with the sellers. So don't sit there in your ivory tower, yappin' about something you know damn little about. Most of those collectors/sellers are upright citizens just looking to sell off some of their prized items due to financial problems. These people, for the most part, are not a bunch of yahoos that strive to shoot the shit out of the population. Most are just an average collector that wants memorbelia of long ago wars. Most of the buyers are there because one: they're a collector or two: they want to make sure they have enough weapons to protect their families in case the kaka hits the proverbial fan.

gabosaurus
08-19-2009, 03:44 PM
So it is OK with you people for gang members and drug cartels to buy weapons at gun shows?
Because no matter what kind of BS rhetoric you spout here and other places, unless there are restrictions on sellers, these people are going to keep buying weapons for their use.
When it comes down to brass tacks, money talks. All other factors walk.

Just want to get that straight.

Jeff
08-19-2009, 04:08 PM
So it is OK with you people for gang members and drug cartels to buy weapons at gun shows?
Because no matter what kind of BS rhetoric you spout here and other places, unless there are restrictions on sellers, these people are going to keep buying weapons for their use.
When it comes down to brass tacks, money talks. All other factors walk.

Just want to get that straight.

Gabby most gangs and drug cartels aren't buying guns at a gun show, do you realize how easy it is to buy a gun illegally?

Why go to Houston to a show when ya could have them delivered to your club house?

This is nothing more than liberal media Bull shit such as but not limited to the LA times, LOL

Again real simple , if ya take the guns from the law abiding citizen, then only the criminals will have them