PDA

View Full Version : OH OH........conservative hosts is toast...

stephanie
04-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I love how the liberal progressives talk about that thing called free speech.....But I always forget.....It's free speech, until it doesn't agree with what they think..........:coffee:

Leopold's Ghost (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-12-07 05:35 PM
Original message
OFFICIAL FIRE RUSH, BECK, AND COULTER THREAD
This is a networking / mobilization thread.

If you want to discuss other offensive broadcasters, RW or not, start your own thread.

It is assumed that posters on this thread agree that recent statements by Rush, Beck, and Coulter are so incredibly offensive and intolerable that anyone who broadcasts or advertises on their networks should be targeted for allowing these people to remain on the air.

Now we must do it -- now, not some time in the future after they have time to establish a discourse that suddenly firing them bears no relation to what happened to other broadcasters recently. Either liberals want to establish a new standard or they don't. The new standard must be applied now or else it does not exist.Let the mobilization begin.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x639819

hnmnf (61 posts) Thu Apr-12-07 05:53 PM
Response to Reply #17
18. I Like starting at the top
I also think that Rush is a worse offender than Hannity and Beck, though they are both very bad.
Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
Hubert Flatts (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-12-07 05:55 PM
Response to Reply #18

19. WE have a leg to stand on with Rush and AFN radio.
Edited on Thu Apr-12-07 05:58 PM by Hubert Flatts
WE own that!

Edit...I wrote Senator Byrd about it several months back and in a few days I saw him bring it up on the Senate floor and raise hell about it! If more senators spoke up about this things might change! The PEOPLE raising hell is what brought Imus down. The people STILL have the final say so!
Catchawave (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-12-07 06:10 PM
Response to Original message

26. Sign me up....
The Hate Speech Must Stop
Leopold's Ghost (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-12-07 06:20 PM

27. I'm signing off for a day or so -- Read this post for suggestions on how to proceed!
Edited on Thu Apr-12-07 06:23 PM by Leopold's Ghost
Please keep this thread kicked!

I suggest we break it down into four parts, one person should bottomline each part --

** Prioritize the worst offender. Consult with groups like RAINBOW PUSH and ADL.

-------> Order of 1, 2, 3

** Prioritize who is most difficult to defend, jobwise. Consult with media types.

-------> Order of 1, 2, 3

** Media campaign ("it has recently been revealed...they must go.")

-------> List of offending statements.

** Sponsor campaign (pressure, boycott if need be, stay in contact w/ groups mentioned above)

-------> List of offending advertisers.
Leopold's Ghost (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-12-07 06:30 PM
Response to Reply #27

31. Part 5 -- identify spokespeople for our position.
I forgot that part.

A fifth DUer is needed to bottomline this task.

-------> List of possible media spokespeople / bulldogs

(Jesse Jackson, KO, a contrite Imus or Michael Richards
a la George Wallace, you name it, they have to be sincere and willing)

Sharpton might be too obvious a choice, due to his "ambulance chasing"
reputation among the people who have to be convinced. He has staked
out a reputation as a mediator, but having Sharpton take the lead on
pressing this issue further might be too transparent. We need a
"good cop, bad cop" strategy on spokespeople. :laugh2:
Leopold's Ghost (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-12-07 06:38 PM
Response to Reply #31

33. Please K/R. and reply to post #27
Yeah, yeah I'm pimping the thread. Since I'm going
offline for the rest of the day, I don't want this
to disappear down the memory hole.
GTRMAN (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-12-07 06:46 PM

34. we must go after their revenue sources
ie: sponsors/advertisers. The networks that employ them know what they are about, they are used to the outrage from the left, hell, they thrive on it.

At the end of the day though, networks look at the bottom line, how much money are we making off these jerks. convince the advertisers to pull out and take their money elsewhere, and you have them by the short hairs.
Ilsa (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-12-07 06:50 PM

35. Shit, I'll even settle for firing 2 out of 3. Why? So the last one standing
will remain as an example of what we do to those cockroaches.
junofeb (302 posts) Thu Apr-12-07 07:25 PM

37. KICK KICK KICK
This is an important topic. This institutionalized racism is the engine behind this current invasion. It is the reason that so many of our soldiers are blacks and Hispanics have been driven into the armed forces in search of a 'better life'. I have had to listen to these bastards poison public discourse for almost thirty years. The RW used to get lots of attention and capitulation when they loudly boycotted sponsors of 'liberal' media. Now WE are the damn majority. Time for the same from us. NO MORE!
:pee:

04-13-2007, 02:24 AM
We've boycotted them? Since when? Last time I checked we were encouraging them to speak out. After all, they make us look good. We want the comparison between us and them, because we come out on top.

This is simply another attempt for Democrats to try to criminalize conservatism. Malign it so you dont have to debate it that way people don't see the moral bankrupcy of your own position.

BTW out of curiousity why did you choose the Lounge for this? not that it really makes a difference to me. just wondering cause it seems political.

stephanie
04-13-2007, 02:45 AM
We've boycotted them? Since when? Last time I checked we were encouraging them to speak out. After all, they make us look good. We want the comparison between us and them, because we come out on top.

This is simply another attempt for Democrats to try to criminalize conservatism. Malign it so you dont have to debate it that way people don't see the moral bankruptcy of your own position.

BTW out of curiosity why did you choose the Lounge for this? not that it really makes a difference to me. just wondering cause it seems political.

Well it was Du underground.......I know a lot of people don't take them serious..

04-13-2007, 02:48 AM
Well it was Du underground.......I know a lot of people don't take them serious..

Yeah, you are right, but its always the large groups of wackos you dont take seriously that you need to worry about.

I was in class earlier today and communism came up and there were people saying how its a shame its gotten such a bad rep... it made me sick to my stomach. I wish I could just dismiss them, but doing so could be dangerous.